What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD buds - are they worth it?

Cuddles

So my first grow in coco only didn´t work out. All babies died on me :(

I´ve recently been looking into CBD only buds -no THC and the prices are f*cking insane!!! the lowst price is around 12 Eur or more for a single gram

Last time I bought real weed in my town it was 8 Eur per gram. (but that was total rubbish stuff...)

So my question to those who´ve tried them, be it smoking, eating etc, are they worth buying?

I would have it in the evening to help me relax and maybe go to sleep. I already have a prescrition med for this purpose but I´d like to use less of it.

what kind of effect in general can I expect from cbd buds?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
IMO, not very good deal at that price. In the states I recently got a pound of trim and a QP of flower (total about 600 gr) of 20% CBD, 0.3% THC, was about $100 US, delivered by mail. I added the trim to cannabutter, and the CBD seems to have modulated the THC effect in the edible. Sleep seems to be a little sounder. I will make separate CBD and THC cookies next.

Cuddles

IMO, not very good deal at that price. In the states I recently got a pound of trim and a QP of flower (total about 600 gr) of 20% CBD, 0.3% THC, was about $100 US, delivered by mail. I added the trim to cannabutter, and the CBD seems to have modulated the THC effect in the edible. Sleep seems to be a little sounder. I will make separate CBD and THC cookies next.
thanks, that is a huge difference in price indeed! Trouble is, that´s what they cost over here. I have checked several places and they all charge a fortune :(

I think I´ll spend the little cash I have on restocking my supplements instead, at least for the time being.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Maybe look for a strong sleep inducing indica?

CBD flowers did not do anything for me. They didn't make me tired, or anything but un-high I guess is the best description. I grew cannatonic. Tasted like pink lemonade but the effect was zero of any kind.

A nice strong indica is great for sleep if that's the effect you seek.

Cuddles

Maybe look for a strong sleep inducing indica?

CBD flowers did not do anything for me. They didn't make me tired, or anything but un-high I guess is the best description. I grew cannatonic. Tasted like pink lemonade but the effect was zero of any kind.

A nice strong indica is great for sleep if that's the effect you seek.
thanks, did it relax you in any way? Some people say it does that but I´m wondering if it´s just a placebo effect because those people never tried the real stuff.

Galaxy420

thanks, did it relax you in any way? Some people say it does that but I´m wondering if it´s just a placebo effect because those people never tried the real stuff.

most CBD varietals are Sativa lineages like that Cannatonic mentioned above ... there are now OG kush CBD only varietals available ETC... I mix CBD weed with nmy THC weed now about a 50 50 blend or even more CBD sometimes than THC ..
ordered a QP from redwood reserves ... got the golden redwood

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grow 2 kinds of strains with different THC/CBD profiles until you find something that works for you. :tiphat:

Yes, trout said exactly what I was going to suggest! And cuddles, grow a hemp strain and a photoperiod using 12 on, 12 off light regimen from the get go. Within margin of error, both will finish in about ~3+ months.

We have several 1:1 strains, mainly developed for myself (and others, managing pain, depression, etc.), yet not in your neck of the woods, across the pond.

Look for a photoperiod strain in UK that has ~equal thc/CBD.

The beauty of growing the CBD hemp strain and the photop, you can use them separately, using CBD alone, which has many benefits. Add to coffee or tea in the morning, a crushed bud. Make tincture, capsules, balms.

You can't go wrong with CBD. I think you need a terpene profile that has flavor. The nasty smoke hemp those mention- the fields were taken too early for harvest.

Something to consider, a winter project in a closet....;)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You can't go wrong with CBD. I think you need a terpene profile that has flavor. The nasty smoke hemp those mention- the fields were taken too early for harvest.

I had the same impression, especially in the flower. It doesn't vape well at all.

I keep thinking of the Lebanese landrace Dubi had in 2018, which the seeds ranged from 1:1 to 30:1, I think in the same run. People got high off of blonde Leb hash, didn't they?

There is an added component to the high when CBD is in the mix, that's for sure..

Last edited:

Cuddles

Yes, trout said exactly what I was going to suggest! And cuddles, grow a hemp strain and a photoperiod using 12 on, 12 off light regimen from the get go. Within margin of error, both will finish in about ~3+ months.

We have several 1:1 strains, mainly developed for myself (and others, managing pain, depression, etc.), yet not in your neck of the woods, across the pond.

Look for a photoperiod strain in UK that has ~equal thc/CBD.

The beauty of growing the CBD hemp strain and the photop, you can use them separately, using CBD alone, which has many benefits. Add to coffee or tea in the morning, a crushed bud. Make tincture, capsules, balms.

thanks, trouble is I don´t have a proper indoor set up anymore. I did find my vegging lights and I´ve been keeping an eye out for nice autos.
For proper photoperiod ones, well I have to wait for the next summer :(

btw, one of the first strains ever for me was orange bud, a hybrid, and it worked very well for me at night and it also made a nice daytime smoke too.

the cbd buds I can buy legally here have no thc whatsover :(

being able to mixmex your meds sounds really good

Green Squall

I've tried CBD flower purchased online and am convinced that besides tasting like hay, it gave me CHS. I was inundated with intense nausea which only went away went I ceased smoking/vaping it. God knows what they spray on that stuff. If you want to go down the CBD route, grow your own. I had good results with Dead Lights by TGA Subcool, but with his unfortunate passing, I'm not sure how available the seeds are.

Cuddles

How much wattage? Lumens? Fluoro tubes? What do you mean by "vegging lights"?
hi aribud, they look like this and it says :

65w cool daylight
220-240v-50-60Hz
I bought this donkeys years ago but this is what I used back when I was still using my growing tent.

Attachments

• 20150510_231045[1].jpg
    20150510_231045[1].jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 87

Cuddles

I have pure Iranians that are 2-1 CBD/THC and the highs on them are very pleasant and long lasting
stormy, I know nothing about these Iranians. can you elaborate - like how big do they get, where to buy seeds etc, do they have a strong scent?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've tried CBD flower purchased online and am convinced that besides tasting like hay, it gave me CHS. I was inundated with intense nausea which only went away went I ceased smoking/vaping it. God knows what they spray on that stuff. If you want to go down the CBD route, grow your own. I had good results with Dead Lights by TGA Subcool, but with his unfortunate passing, I'm not sure how available the seeds are.

Definitely GYO! It's unknown what fields are being sprayed for herbicides. Sorry to hear, Green Squall. Argh!!

For personal use, CBD hemp is great medicine mixed, being similar to strains mentioned. Glad there are CBD personal cultivation choices out there!

Latest posts

Latest posts