What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help from Tincture Experts

G

Guest 26753

Guys, I am involved with a compassion club, and am doing some exciting work with tinctures. I have an idea I would like to toss out, for feedback and any help.
As you will all know, the purpling in a lot of strains, whether it be a genetic predisposition, or environmentally induced, comes from anthyocins. These anthyocins I am looking at trying to include in my tinctures.

"In 2007 a study at the University of Pittsburgh discovered that anthocyanins kills human cancer cells while not affecting healthy cells. At low doses of cyanidin-3-rutinoside (C-3-R), half of the cancer cells in all lines of the test human leukemia and lymphoma cells died within 18 hours. When the amount of C-3-R was more than doubled, all of the cancer cells died within 18 hours. The mechanism seems to be that cancereous cells respond to C-3-R by releasing peroxides which kill the cancer cells. Normal cells do not release peroxides when C-3-R is administered."

Does anyone know if there is a method to extract the anthyocins so that I can have them in the tinctures?

If you really want a purple tincture, get purple buds and kief them into purple kief. Then add this too your vodka or glycerine tincture and you'll have purple tincture. If you use the glycerine, simply use more kief to which you can then later strain out and use for cooking. For alcohol you can use everclear if you want a higher proof to which less product may be needed.

Last edited:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
How about filtering a pint of blood through a pomegranite, straining it, then putting it back in, mix in a bit of bho for fun?
H

G

Guest 26753

Haps said:
How about filtering a pint of blood through a pomegranite, straining it, then putting it back in, mix in a bit of bho for fun?
H
Tinctures are serious business.

JiggabooJones said:
I just dont know if any purple strain would produce enough of those chemicals to be beneficial
I agree, so I am hoping to try and get some anthyocin, by squeexing and filtering pomegranites, blackberries or black currants, evaporating off the water, and adding small amounts of the concentrate to the prepared tincture.
The tinc I am using is a dual process involving ice extraction, followed by butane extraction. Strain selection is critical with tincs, and the maker of my tincs is a strainal expert. Alcohol is the final carrier of the THC,

G

Guest 26753

Cointreau is good as it is 43% alcohol, and palateable under the tongue, with a pleasant taste. The trick for med grade tinc is to ensure available alcohol is 100%THC saturated.

big mike

hey moose, i have crohns disease so i cannot have alcohol. I have read conflicting storys about glycrein vs alcohol in tincs. Is the alcohol more superior or is it just the effects of the alcohol that make it such?

I really want to try tinctures but cannot afford to waste any meds on a failing venture, ya know?..

G

Guest 26753

Glycerine is harder to get 100% THC saturation without applying heat, and that that degrades the tinc. Also, the alcohol is a better solvent than glycerine, and it allows a higher content of THC saturation. Are you not able to bear half an eye-dropper under your tongue? Like 6 to 8 drops, or is total abstinence required?.
By the way,I am not the real expert on the initial making. That expertise lays with Mullaway Man. He is the genius behind these wonderful tinctures, and deserves all the credit. I just monkey around with ideas that I toss at him. His knowledge of strains is profound! He does the magic!

big mike

Smoking Moose said:
Are you not able to bear half an eye-dropper under your tongue? Like 6 to 8 drops, or is total abstinence required?.

well ive been diagnosed ever since i was 16, so i never really consumed alcohol, i've just been told to stay away. And from what i hear/read of people who do consume alcohol, they are usually in a world of hurt. I dont know how it would effect me under the tongue since crohns runs my entire gi tract..

G

Guest 26753

4 to 6 drops under the tongue is quite bearable to me, and I am a teetotaller. I simply can't abide the taste or effect of alcohol. The trick is to use a palatable carrier for the THC, and Cointreau has enough alcohol to carry a med dose of THC, does not burn, and has a nice orange taste. The flavour is excellent. Using sub-lingually, most of the absorption is through arteries under the tongue, NOT the GI.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Smoking Moose, could you give a little more info about how to prepare the Cointreau tincture so that 6-8 drops under the tongue is all you need? Maybe a link?

Edit: Whoa, never heard of Clever Man but that looks amazing...
Edit2: lol didn't even notice you posted those pics. You've got a lot more posts there :nono:

Last edited:
G

Guest 26753

Simply put, the tinc is made using a two part process. The first is an ice water extraction using a select strain, then this is further extracted to remove dust and debris by using a butane extraction. The BHO that you end up with is placed in a bottle of Cointreau, in a ratio of 8 to 10gms of BHO per litre of spirit. This is slightly warmed to allow 100% THC saturation of the available ethanol in the Cointreau (approx 43% ethanol). The mix is steeped for two weeks to ensure THC saturation. This then results in a med grade tincture,. There are NO shortcuts here, and a very good strain knowledge is needed to get the effect from the tinc that you are trying to achieve, be it hunger, sleep, pain, etc.
There is a further refinement on this, but I am keeping that under wraps. Mullaway is the medicine maker, and he creates the magic. All I do is tinker with the tinc. Mullaway and I bounce ideas off each other, and we are trialling tincs with anthyocins to see if they are good for folks with cancer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts