What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Glysabis, :woohoo: Great Topical Rub!!

sqwirl

Glysabis=Glycerin extract of cannabis

I don't know if you have tried glycerin extract of cannabis, but it is awesome. I fell in love the first time a drop touched my tongue.

From what I know the Clubs make thier glycerin Extract by letting weed soak in the glycerin for 4-6 weeks. Well I think this is a bit bunk if you ask me. I make my Glysabis by mixing kief or bubble hash with the glycerin. I simply heat the glycerin in a water bath and then add it to some kief and mix. After mixing I add more hot glycerin and mix again. I let it sit, then mix again. After 24hrs I can successfully dissolve .2 grams into 1 ounce glycerin. If I use a higher ratio of cannabis it doesn't fully dissolve and the glycerin is left with a gritty appearance.

Today I was doing some yard work when I hurt my knuckle. It is extremely sore; it has swollen and continues to swell. A few hours later a good friend stopped by and I kicked him down a fresh batch of Glysabis. The first words out of his mouth was "i wish I had a soar somewhere". Odd to say such a thing, but it sparked a light bulb in my head. Of Course, I'm an idiot, use the glysabis on my acheing joint. So I used Glysabis as a topical rub (lotion) and the results amazed me. My joint stopped aching as bad, not quite a sore when moved, and the swelling actually stopped and has subsided.

Before I used the Glysabis I was in agony and thinking about how this hurt joint was going to change things for a few days. But now my joint has loosened up and hopefully will continue to heal. The topical rub did take a bit to work, not an instant relief but an awesome one when it came:canabis: .

sqwirl

The Amazing Glysabis!

The Amazing Glysabis!

:wave: Well hello again friends :friends:. In my random story earlier :chin: I forgot to include that glysabis is also edible. I'm telling you this stuff is amazing. Just dip your finger in some or add a few drops to your drink; this stuff does it all :yoinks:.

Edible as long as you get food grade glycerin, which is always recomended anyways. So remember Food Grade..

sqwirl

Well this morning I woke up and my joint was very stiff, hurting and had swollen again. I suppose glysabis only has short term relief effects, instead of permanent relief.

So I began to rub down the joint with Glysabis and relief set in.

I've noticed that Glysabis has actually given me more movablility with the joint. The joint is stiff and I can't bend it all the way, but after glysabis I'm able to move it fully around.

Glysabis is kind of crazy to, because I swear you can watch the swelling go down within minutes. It doesn't quite make since to me. Because I used Glysabis the swelling stops and begins to go away. Then in the morning I wake up again and the swelling has come back and taken over. Use Glysabis and the swelling goes away. Doesn't this seem weird to anybody?? I've never heard of swelling coming and going. But with this Glysabis I've watched it. Could this be a good thing, or a terribly bad thing?

sqwirl

It's been over a month since I started making the glysabis for myself. I have to say that I still really enjoy this stuff, as do all my friends. I can't think of ever hearing a negative comment about this stuff, as of yet.

I just spoke to a cousin of mine that I kicked some Glysabis to. He told me that his old lady used the Glysabis on her Grandmother. She rubbed it into her Grandmothers hands, when her Grandmother was having extreme arthritis troubles. Now her Grandmother calls every evening asking for her to come over and rub the lotion onto her hands. The Grandmother gets extreme relief from this stuff!! This is a real report, of this stuff actually working. Excites me to know that it's not just me thinking that it works, it does work.

Tony Starks

Hey thanks for the informational post. I am always looking for new MMJ recipes. Mainly ive been experimenting with tincutures and now have it almost down pat, where one or two drops sublingually do the trick.

Ive been seeing a lot of glycerine based products at dispensaries here in SoCal lately, but i really dont trust em (potency usually lacks). I will try to make it and report my results. My mum has MS, and tincture i make is usually for here, glycerine would be a wonderful alternative.

Much love

sqwirl

Hey Tony! Hope that this information helps. Please get back and let us know how things go. I'll be praying for your mother.

StayHigh149

I will be trying this out with my next harvest.

Is there any chance of getting a more precise recipe for this? Where can Glycerin be found/purchased at? I did a search for Glysabis but it only brought up this post. Is there another name for this mixture other than Glysabis that I could search for?

sqwirl

sqwirl said:
From what I know the Clubs make thier glycerin Extract by letting weed soak in the glycerin for 4-6 weeks. Well I think this is a bit bunk if you ask me. I make my Glysabis by mixing kief or bubble hash with the glycerin. I simply heat the glycerin in a water bath and then add it to some kief and mix. After mixing I add more hot glycerin and mix again. I let it sit, then mix again. After 24hrs I can successfully dissolve .2 grams into 1 ounce glycerin. If I use a higher ratio of cannabis it doesn't fully dissolve and the glycerin is left with a gritty appearance.
StayHigh This is my recipe for Glysabis, PM me if it's still unclear.

I'm don't know where to point you to search for more information. Try searching for Glycerin or something of that matter. If you find some good information let us know. I'm almost certain that this will take off and we will eventually get a heap of information about it. But I guess we will see.

N

Neptune

ethanol tinctures work wonders also.

1) Heat leaf/trim/buds in over at ~180F for 5-10 minutes.
2) put leaf trim in a mason jar with a pint of 190 proof everclear (grain alcohol).
3) shake the jar periodically over a period of 1-2+ weeks.
4) strain the ethanol through a coffee filter, into a dosing jar.
5) apply with a suction dropper on tongue. it's potent if done properly.

®e©o®d

After 24hrs I can successfully dissolve .2 grams into 1 ounce glycerin. If I use a higher ratio of cannabis it doesn't fully dissolve and the glycerin is left with a gritty appearance.

Just to be certain I am doing this correctly you are using .2g which is the same as 1/5 gram. That is correct? I just need to be certain the "." isn't a typo. I have two patients that require an anti arthritis / swelling topical and this seems the most promising.

Thanks for posting your recipe.

i use both alcohol and glycerin types of tinctures glycerin works better if person is alcohol intolerant or on the wagon plus glycerin works internally and externally where as if u using rubbin alcohol external only so u can use 3 different bases (probably more out there too) i use bud oil 3grams to 16 ozs of glycerin works well no straining with oil just add and let it sit heat glycerin before addin oil my patients love it