What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Don't you be worrying about the bandwidth moose - have as much as you like - for someone with such humanity and integrity - someone who has so much to share - someone that really does care - and we all care about - you will always be welcome here -

- oh - and get well soon -

Thank you, Gypsy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stephen Allen Davis

':44 Seconds'

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziXflbK0ZT4

G

You have incredible strength that you are about to discover.
filedata/fetch?id=17838790&d=1619089671

You are not alone. soot

Thank you, buzz. That was very sweet & kind.

I think I've been tapping that strength in ways, for years. It's gotten me this far. I hope there's enough left to get through this next period, however long that is.

Sweated the sheets and pillows to the 'soaked' status again. Really like to know when this feature might end.

The surgeon's primary nurse has seemed like a very understanding and knowledgeable person; turns out she was the one who wrote the unsigned query re. opiates as a possible reason for some of the difficulty. I told her my thoughts re. that exchange, and she asserted that had not been her meaning at all. That she was truly trying to understand the causes.

Her opinion re. the non-responsive blackout the other night, chilled convulsing and all, was that it sounded like a blackout caused by low blood pressure. She'd know more about that than I would; it's never happened to me before. New highway.

Surgeon came through with 25 of the Zofran 4 mg yesterday, after a conversation with the same nurse. They added that the anti-nausea Rx in ref. can add to constipation, so to be judicious in its use. Otherwise the stuff is damned near magical; dissolve on the tongue, and.....POOF!!! no more nausea.

More 10-grain hot cereal with organic hemp hearts this morning with 2 smaller organic Turkish apricots chopped up, and a 1/4-cup of almond milk on top, preceded by a half of a giant pink grapefruit, and a protein shake earlier than that. Protein is what heals these moments, physically; hell of a time to quit meat, eh? More plant proteins will have to be the answer.

Surgeon caught on that I'd continued abstinence from supplements, etc., and he advised that I continue a normal diet, including supplements at this time.

The nurse briefed him re. the 3-segment report my wife had submitted, but no inquiry re. tests. I'll schedule an appt. this morning with my primary care Doc up north, though as of 2 days ago, I likely won't be able to see her until into the second week of May. Learning to ride along with few requests.

My wife has been amazing, though I discovered yesterday that there's somewhat serious financial wrangling to address at her clinic, that she initially didn't tell me about, likely due to not wanting to worry me.

Found out yesterday that the Bavarian Meats store at Pike Place Market has reportedly died due to COVID-19 economic losses. I frequented that place or did mail-order biz with them for MANY years. We plan to go down to Pike Place Market today, as I need a humidor of sorts to place the ganja in that was gifted to me this trip, and I still have 2 packs of seeds I brought down, to give to someone before we fly out tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerry Garcia Band

'Waiting for a Miracle' (Bruce Cockburn cover)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFeAD_OzNWI​​​​​​

G

Surgeon finally ordered blood draw and urine culture to rule out infection this afternoon at about 3 pm; the day before we fly out.

Shaved and made a beeline to the hospital with Lyft shortly before 4 pm.

Screener at the door said "which lab, there are two", like I'd know.. Referred me to info booth with clock ticking at 25 past 4. Lab says there is no order on file.

By now I am out of breath and more than a little disgruntled.

Directed to urology clinic in another building, but due to security re. COVID, the elevator won't take us there; end up at parking in basement floor, then back up to floor it WILL let us access, where security says I need to control my irritation & volume, or she'll have to call security; I told her there are times that irritation is appropriate!! Looked at her re. the threat of the goon squad as though to say, "Do I LOOK like I give a flying fuck if you call your goons.

My wife said I was never over the top to warrant such shit; they simply don't want someone orally outlining incompetence from their Prim Donna staff. Fuck 'em...

Back up in the elevator, which won't let us out on the floor with the lab (*there's only ONE lab, btw), so we end up jousting with the power tripping protector of decorum and superficial appearances once more; by now she knows she's ot intimidating me with her nicely pressed uniform and fake-ass badge. She wants me on my way)..

We take another foot journey back to the main building to find nirvana by way of elevators that WILL now take us back to the lab. We wait for the elevator for a while. I'm sweating, breathing is impacted, and my fever's back.

At that point most of what I might've given for a urine sample is either in my Depends, or sweated out; I gave them less than 1 oz. of pee, and in drawing blood, my typically easy-to-hit veins on my dominant arm are holding back, so they go to my lesser arm for limited pay-dirt.

I told the lab folks to tell the urology oncology clinic that had I NOT had to hike 300 yards all over God's green acre, one building or floor to the next, doing someone else's job for them who's paid quite well, they MIGHT have had a greater urine sample.

By the time we were back to the room, I had no breath, was dizzy & nauseous, nearly puked, and figured the Grim Reaper had expedited the schedule.

Folks if these are the people we intend to have save us, we're already fucked, big time.

Surgeon phoned my cell after we got back & wanted to dis cuss symptoms that are likely littered in spades throughout my e-portal. Says my blood draw indicates I'm a bit dehydrated. You think the write-up above MIGHT have something to do with that

Nearly puked upon return to the room, and dissolved the Zophran 4 mg on my tongue, And waited for the symptoms to at least settle down a bit, then, shaking, I hit the sack, drank some H2O in large quantity, and concluded once again, that this is NOT my planet, I DON'T belong here, and these are NOT my People.

Fucking 'professionals'!!! So many dollar signs in their eyes they sometimes can't see their mission clearly. "Come the revolution....."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moody Bluegrass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_F...jMb-c4OX3BPD03

G

Surgeon came through with a 'scrip for a stout, potent, broad-spectrum ass-kicking antibiotic; night before we leave. My wife walked the half-mile to the pharmacy... nine days after surgery.....

I'd been reporting wack-a-doodle unpleasant and varied symptoms since release from hospital; I guess they finally decided to read them.

Blood results show notably elevated white cells, depleted hemoglobin, and depleted hematocrit, among other conversational topics.

I'm not a Doc, but I know what that means....

I suspect many of these folks prefer ignorant patients who don't complain, and don't know too much.

He says I should be feeling better by morning; we'll see.

7" cooking surface lab hot-plate (no stir function) arrived at my house today. First time I spent $350 for a hot plate, but suspect this one not only tends to stay at marginal/lower, predictable, reliable temps, but won't have me cussing under my breath quite as much.

So, now I can extract low-temp THC-A when I return home.

Uncertain if I'll be doing follow-up care at the same clinic, other than for a 3-month mtg. Bad taste left in my mouth after this bullshit. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice,...." Well, we'll leave that alone for now.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nanci Griffith

'It's a Long Way from Clare to Here'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81L8i7Satxo

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
"Surgeon came through with a 'scrip for a stout, potent, broad-spectrum ass-kicking antibiotic; night before we leave. My wife walked the half-mile to the pharmacy... nine days after surgery....."

Add whoever told you that fever, dick farts and leakage are normal recovery to your list of incompetents.
I'm not a doctor either, but I do read a lot.
You'll be OK now.

G

Began a 7-day set of Cipro 500 mg last night; had a nearly immediate improvement to some functions, though far from 'out of the woods.'

Did some reading re. surgery-acquired infections to esp. include peritineum; it's widely used, and believed to be effective.

Scrolled down to the side-effects; damned near a duplication or mirror image of the symptoms I'm trying to get rid of, including nausea, sweats, rapid heart rate, etc.; fucking lovely week ahead, based on that perusal.

Sweated more last night than ever before, and that's saying something. Pillow, sheets, etc. incredibly drenched. With that kind of effluent through the pores, perhaps the up-side is that I'll save a little bit on pads.

Room's mostly on its way to packed up.

Tensions were a bit elevated as I regained some amount of energy, but while my wife tends to avoid controversy head-on, often leaving those moments to me due to my directness, she intends to lay out the reality of the meaning and ultimate costs, re. my 2 older children; that door is now permanently welded closed... with just cause.

I plan to wait a bit after our return home, but when my lifting capacity is a bit better, I'll likely be headed to the bush by myself, with my best friend the German Shepherd. Lots of contemplating to do at this point. Lots, There's a certain freedom felt when you get the news that the odds are in the Grim Reaper's favor. While I've always been fairly direct, I'm even more so now. I figure I just lost 99.9% of any reasons to tolerate ANY bullshit.

Friend in the Yukon Territory sent out an email to some of the Hippie School folks from the '70s, and there came a small flood of support.

That's the news, here at Lake Waubegone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G

When do you get to go home, moose eater ?

Town car at 3:40 P.M. this afternoon, half-hour or less later at SeaTac, flight scheduled to rev the turbines at 6:35 P.M.

Gonna' close the drapes, crawl into bed with my pups, and do some sort of substance that increases amnesia and/or acceptance.

Nurse wrote this A.M. to tell me the blood draw results I'd read last night; I'm apparently anemic now. As a long-time seriously dedicated carnivore, it's a 1st of significant proportion, so despite a fair amount of iron in the items typically in my vegan diet, I'm now shoveling chopped spinach for a mid-morning snack, and another forum member, limited in their resources, is intending to send some reportedly medicinal well water containing high levels of iron.

I had thought I was fighting this thing pretty hard, and who knows what the pathology reports, post-op, might've been without that effort? But it's feeling like "2 steps forward, and 3 backward" at the moment. I'm coming to resent the whole struggle. Seriously.

Thanks for your help and kindness, buzz.

My mouse is packed, and difficult to copy & paste links without it. That said;

'Sometimes You're the Windshield, Sometimes you're the Bug' comes to mind.

Lots to decide in the near future, I suspect.

Take care.

G

At home now, a bit light-headed, foggy & with a bit of a fever.

Maybe one day someone will tell me what is going on.

No results from the urine culture yet; should've been done. Not sure why it's not, unless it points to something someone missed, and they're sheepish, or what they thought might be sufficient after the 300 yd. run-around, ended up not being enough.

I confronted a VERY young airport cop, who hassled my younger son twice for waiting for us, after he'd already told the lock-step revenuing motherfucker what was gong on with me. More details on that release of anger toward enforcers lacking in discretion, who see policy as inflexible ALL the time.

I'm headed to lay down; I'm fucked up..

Cuddles

At home now, a bit light-headed, foggy & with a bit of a fever.

Maybe one day someone will tell me what is going on.

No results from the urine culture yet; should've been done. Not sure why it's not, unless it points to something someone missed, and they're sheepish, or what they thought might be sufficient after the 300 yd. run-around, ended up not being enough.

I confronted a VERY young airport cop, who hassled my younger son twice for waiting for us, after he'd already told the lock-step revenuing motherfucker what was gong on with me. More details on that release of anger toward enforcers lacking in discretion, who see policy as inflexible ALL the time.

I'm headed to lay down; I'm fucked up..

hi moose, nice to hear you were able to return home again.
When you got a little time I recommend looking into wheatgrass powder as a supplement. It contains almost all the nutrients the body needs and may help you recover from the op- stress etc. - and lots of amunition for better health in general. It also contains iron and is easy on the tummy. it tastes like crap but not to the point that it makes you gag. It´s also availablee in capsules - in case you can´t handle the taste at all ;)
emu oil is great for surgical wounds - it really speeds up the healing, amongst other things.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/talk-ab...um/377138-general-health-supps-herbs-and-more

G

hi moose, nice to hear you were able to return home again.
When you got a little time I recommend looking into wheatgrass powder as a supplement. It contains almost all the nutrients the body needs and may help you recover from the op- stress etc. - and lots of amunition for better health in general. It also contains iron and is easy on the tummy. it tastes like crap but not to the point that it makes you gag. It´s also availablee in capsules - in case you can´t handle the taste at all ;)
emu oil is great for surgical wounds - it really speeds up the healing, amongst other things.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/talk-ab...um/377138-general-health-supps-herbs-and-more

Thanks Cuddles.

How is the wheat grass on carbs? Does it carry any of the reputation of contributing to joint pain, as many these days assert re. wheat, in general??

I'll read a bit at the link you posted tomorrow. I had gotten up to replace the back-up battery in my alarm clock upstairs, and had a bit of energy, so here I am.

Though I feel the energy fading a bit.

Meanwhile, I was gong to finish the story above, and include a call to and from the off-hours triage nurse line at the hospital I was at.

My temp when I quit shivering this evening, after arriving home from the airport, was 101.5; highest it's been yet, and right AT the trigger point they said I should call the nurses or go to the ER if it got OVER 101.5 f.

While were on the phone, a preliminary result form my urine culture landed in my portal, and ... Weez was right.. "Mixed flora" are present at 11,000 to 50,000, but I'd have to go back and check context. I can't recall their volume the culture was sampled in, re. population; not the volume I gave to them, but what ever they grew the stuff in.

From there the nurse described how they go about attempting to identify the various critters, then do a sensitivity test wit the little guys, in multiple trays, to see which antibiotic kills them most effectively. Pretty cool, and potentially thorough stuff!!

Anyway, I hope to hear back by Monday or so, to fid out what would kick this thing's butt most effectively... soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll finish the story re. my son and an over-zealous youngster of a cop later. I feel my energy waning quickly again, and don't want to drive the temp back up.

Cuddles

Thanks Cuddles.

How is the wheat grass on carbs? Does it carry any of the reputation of contributing to joint pain, as many these days assert re. wheat, in general??

not that I´m aware of and the grass doesn´t contain gluten either because it´s just the grass :) I think you´ll benefit from it a lot. I´ve neglected my intake of it a lot and when I do take it for several days in a row I notice a difference.

Get lots of rest mate, lots of sleep too. It´s important for recovery :))

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
I am glad that you are home.

I chuckled at your experience with hospital security. A nurse threatened to call security on me in emerg because I was curled up in a ball on the floor of the waiting room in agony with kidney stones. We had been there for a hour or so by that time and I couldn’t handle sitting in a chair any longer. My wife fiercely suggested that they could just give me a bed.

rod58

hey moose , it's been a long time and i believe your not too well so i guess i'll kick off with my genuine well wishes .. i haven't read the whole thread and i doubt i will mate but i get the gist .
i can understand your frustration with the medical institution , even here in oz where really , some say not , we have an excellent system . we are deducted a percentage from our taxes and everyone has accessible medical help . as you know i've had a serious accident and after six months of operations and home after care it hasn't cost me a cent ..certainly the lucky country moose .
i am now in the queue for further operations and it's a long shuffling line but there's certainly far more worthy than me . so take heart moose and i hope your very well encouraged with the generous feedback you have recieved from ICMAG members .. be strong moose and if you can't , then be funny !!! lol

G

not that I´m aware of and the grass doesn´t contain gluten either because it´s just the grass :) I think you´ll benefit from it a lot. I´ve neglected my intake of it a lot and when I do take it for several days in a row I notice a difference.

Get lots of rest mate, lots of sleep too. It´s important for recovery :))

Thanks, Cuddles.

I'll look into it, and especially the carbs.

I'm needing to find things I can eat, in case they put me on Lupron later, (if my PSA numbers climb above 'X') and it screws up my glucose numbers, as it's known to do for some/many.

Sweated all night again, but had my wife and my German Shepherd Dog nearby. As well as my wife's aging poodle, and my younger son's Norwegian elkhound came in to land on me a couple times to say, "Hello!!" as well.

Thanaks for the link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Prine

'That's the Way That the World Goes Round'

That's the Way the World Goes Round - YouTube

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AULOC--qUOI
The First Edition : Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)

so sorry you're having difficulties, but glad you're home.
take it easy brother, it's a long row to hoe and only one direction you can go...one that's acceptable anyway.
clear your head and concentrate on a positive outcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu2pVPWGYMQ
Creedence Clearwater Revival: Have You Ever Seen The Rain?

G

I am glad that you are home.

I chuckled at your experience with hospital security. A nurse threatened to call security on me in emerg because I was curled up in a ball on the floor of the waiting room in agony with kidney stones. We had been there for a hour or so by that time and I couldn’t handle sitting in a chair any longer. My wife fiercely suggested that they could just give me a bed.

I'm glad as well. There's a lot less competition for having my voice heard here, and a lot more love.

Glad you found humor. The Doc on the phone the other morning, in the midst of my continued suffering, said, "well, at least you've still got your humor." I told him my (and Robin Williams' ) philosophy re. humor and real life circumstances; how we laugh hardest at those times because of the truth of it, that it gets us through what ever, when it's what we have left, and that there's Yin & Yang in EVERYTHING in this life. You just have to have perspective to find what to laugh at.

----------------------------------------------

While my wife and I were waiting for the checked bags to arrive (ours were among a second lot, and a bit later), I was waiting in a wheel chair, and my wife approached somewhat quickly, telling me my younger son was outside getting hassled by a cop.

The airport here had changed their policy, apparently, re. curb-side drop off and pick-up during the time we were gone for surgery. I asked her what for, and she didn't yet know. Turned out the cop had threatened him 2 different times with a $70 ticket for waiting for me; I was not well at that time, but good enough to be pissed off at official absurdity from a snot-nose, wet-behind the ears young lock-stepper, jack-boot.

So my wife had left the one large bag next to me, as she had taken out the rest, a bit at a time, and the younger hippified fellow in Tie Dye and shades, who'd met me with the wheel chair earlier, and parked me where I was, very kindly returned to see how I was doing, and I told him I needed to get outside to talk to a pig, and with limited hesitation, he grabbed both the wheel chair, and a large roller bag, and wheeled me outside.

I saw a young cop (QUITE young) in freshly pressed uniform, with clip board of future citations, walking toward us, and when he was within ear-shot, me still wearing my P100 with a surgery mask over it, and a Venom heavy-duty face shield over that, hollered 2 x's to him, "EXCUSE ME!!!!"

He approached, and in the same tone, I asked in a confrontive tone, "Did you just hassle my son for parking out here briefly to pick me up after a major surgery?!!"

He replied both times with, "I don't know.", even after I pointed to my wife's vehicle my son was driving, and said "THAT vehicle. Id you hassle him, threatening him with tickets?"

He was a good criminal code kinda' guy, that cop. He wasn't going to admit anything, and I had grown too screwy long ago to tolerate ANY bullshit from anyone.

I proceeded, "Look, I just got out of a major surgery, still have complications, and he came here to pick up up. It's not like we were in Hawaii copping a tan or something. Details MATTER!!! Stick that in your very early/ young police career!!" By then he knew that I'd recognized that on the already-suspect Airport Police Force, he's likely the youngest, least experienced guy they've got, which explained his duty assignment (which I suspect was equally targeting revenues for the airport as any traffic issues, because there were NO traffic issues).

The young fascist prick walked away, rather than listen to me or pop me. I wondered what his response would've been had I walked away from him, had dynamics been reversed; I'd have probably been in cuffs, had I been that brazen, but my civil liberties history had already told me that everything I was doing was protected speech, and even if he DID pop me, he'd go down in flames in court, and I was somewhat hoping to have a judge or jury listen to this bullshit. Public humility and press is an awesome tool at the right time and circumstance.

So I got into the car, and asked my son some details re. the encounter. My son had already informed the cop that I was coming home from what I am, and my younger son is nothing but polite, even with folks who are pure assholes. I may have taught him too well; there's times to flip someone the bird and take what's yours.

That's when he gestures to a package sent to me by a friend in the Lower-48, that he'd picked up in our box on the way to the airport. I looked at the label, knew what was inside, and said, "Ya' know, it's likely a good thing you didn't get too confrontive with that lock-stepper; I've got close to an ounce of weed in containers in my day-pack, and there's things in that package that were likely FAR more compromising than that.

My son had no idea, just checking the mail, and he's as straight-laced as they come. I was glad he hadn't told the cop to go fuck himself. I could've gotten away with that, and likely more (plenty of SCOTUS cases re. free speech and authorities, underlining the legality of flipping cops off, etc.), but a cop barely 21, with his prim and proper appearance, likely wouldn't have had strong enough ego to take such treatment from a person my younger son's age.

Bottom line, tbd, there will always be exceptional circumstances in life that policies, if enforced in a blanket, uncaring manner, fail or refuse to take into account, whether your ER visit account, this youngster pig motherfucker, or the cop who searched for evidence when I totaled my older truck on another moose, despite hitting a moose typically being considered by the law (and insurance) to be 'an act of God' (No clue where they got the idea that we all subscribe to that, but.. what ever).

I ranted on the way home re. persons who can't force themselves to think for themselves, and refuse to use what they know and see to influence their decisions.

I WILL be phoning the wet-behind-the-ears miscreant's supervisor this coming week, however, and perhaps even doing a one-party consent recording of the conversation. Payback and justice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Prine

'Some Humans Ain't Human'

Some Humans Ain't Human - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.