What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Reading the above made me think of a Let It Be tune:

The Long and Winding Road

You're getting there, but man it is a long journey.

I often (for what ever reason) incorrectly link that tune to the Hollies/Hollys??

Thanks again, buzz. Yes, the side battles and brush fires certainly stand to either build character, or, in my case, poke at already steeped resentments.

But we're moving ahead, whether successful or not.

I even found myself reframing toward quasi-magical thinking in this moment; "What if this is Murphy or the Cosmos helping to send the message that the provider I need is already on the menu, and already been met and addressed?

Doubtful, but far more positive a view than anticipating getting reamed by another collection of nearly-useless bureaucrats.

I'll tell the tumors the folks who can help to make sure this very important meeting takes place are busy, but "(their) people will (maybe) get back to my people, and we can do lunch some time." :D

Thanks again, buzz.

-----------------------------------

The Beet-ulls, Live, Broadcast via BBC, I believe.

'Let it Be'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P6X3IWLECY
'

G

Sent my messages to the State House, Senate, and Governor's office.

I still need to put together the copied and pasted email addresses for all parties involved, along with a copy of my message sent to the various offices, and corrections to the status on the Senate side, re. their bill to resolve this (not happening in time to resolve what I have going on right now, however), and hope the Governor sees the light and engages in another 30-day emergency extension to permit our legislators to get their heads out of their asses.

At this time, there's not a lot of hope the Governor will make a move to fix this, though my fingers are crossed.

In the interim, looking at getting 2 more seats each way on my primary air carrier, their Valentine's Day sale doesn't allow discounted flights until after Feb 25, and the once-upon-a-time saver awards with air miles have very few of the 12,500 mile seats available, of which I would need 4 seats; 2 down and 2 back.

So we're maneuvering through this as best as we can, waiting on a call back from the airline (call-back times were initially perceived to be an error, as they stated 6.5 hours to 9.5 hours for a call-back!!), and I can't make lodging reservations until I know I am going to be there.

Even then, I need to confirm that the surgeon in reference will and can meet with me in person, now that Telehealth seems unlikely.

Then we'll need to make the arrangements with the town car service I've developed a relationship with.

All of this cluster-fuck brought about by legislators who seem to think that posturing, C-grade acting to drive support, and re-election, trumps their duties to their constituents; the folks who elected the derelict scumbags.

If we can get all that done, then I'll likely end up staying in the area for 3 nights instead of 1, just so we can get a slightly lower rate on the use for the airmiles, and make myself available for any further tests or scans.

If successful, I'll have a day to get my gear and grub in order.

Murphy sucks.

----------------------------------------

Otis Redding, Live, 1967

'I've Been Loving You Too Long'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI_zG2eWGE4
----------------------------------------------
In reconsideration, that wasn't the correct tune for this situation. More appropriate might be this one...

REO

'Keep Pushin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FTBUXT_8Rs

Last edited:
G

For now, we've successfully dealt with another pop fly ball, and I have tentatively made reservations using air miles for a rd. trip for me, and myself (1 window seat, and one middle seat, to be empty the entire ride).

The seats down are still the same predictable 12,500 miles one way, each, or 25,000 miles total for the trip down. But for the flight back home, they wanted 40,000 miles per seat for Thursday evening through Saturday night, & I didn't want to spend 40,000 miles per seat from my wife's account (80,000 additional miles total for the return flight) just to get back home.

So though I am in a place in my head where being in/with familiar places and faces is almost required (though far better than it was a month or 2 ago), I'm planning on staying until Sunday later morning, to catch a flight home that requires 20,000 miles per seat, or 40,000 for both.

If air-mile tickets are canceled, the miles can be put back into the account(s) they came from & fees returned to the credit card. But if a paid ticket is cancelled, they typically bank your money for you, and no cash refund.

I was also told tonight that the practice of refunding miles for an 'empty seat' may still be requested through their Customer Care department, in the event that, after the trip, one or more of the segments was empty enough that the empty middle seat could've been achieved without 'purchasing' it. If I get a refund for the empty seat down (looking likely at the moment) then we get back 12,500 miles. For the trip home, we might get back 20,000 miles, but that flight is already fairly full, so a bit less likely to get miles returned than for the flight going down..

Very early on Tuesday, I'll be scrambling to reach someone at the Governor's office in Juneau, to try & light some fires to get this resolved, and avoid the entire trip, reverting, preferably, to the Telehealth arrangement my legislators screwed up.

Tuesday morning, the 2nd call needing to be made, will be to the scheduler for the surgeon, to find out if the appt. can be an either/or arrangement, to be clarified later (like on Wednesday) as to whether it will be in person or via Telehealth/Zoom.

If after Tuesday (mid-afternoon), the Governor's office hasn't corrected this situation, I'll be searching to find accommodations; hopefully for a decent rate, in a COVID-safe place. Though it would have to be near or in the University District.

Assuming all of that goes without a wrinkle, then one of the last calls will be to the town car service I use. Then scrambling to put together food and gear for 4 days of watching cable tv and/or playing solitaire in a hotel room. Pike Place Market is less desirable with a pandemic, otherwise it's a haunt I've hung around, off and on, for most of 40 years.

In the end, we scrambled, got past the "WTF!!!" moment, and put together some plans that might well save this encounter. But I'm definitely running out of patience for folks shitting in my Wheaties. We've rebounded successfully again, thus far.. Now we'll see what's next!! Fuck Murphy!!

----------------------------------------------------

John Prine

'How Lucky (can one man get)'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxbzdYnnqU4

G

A little bit of magic from the 'really big show' in '67.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8qZ4qzDICg

Happy VD too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tMQWwmPL2w

Thanks, buzz.

John Sebastian had nearly completely escaped my attention lately, up until your post. Thanks.

1 of my favorite performances by him is his live Woodstock, 1969 gig, with 'Rainbows All Over Your Blues.'

Seems fitting some days more than others, but a positive tune, from a good heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-ITlo6F58s

G

Thanks, trout. And thanks for the 'howdy'.

Hope all's well in your 'hood.

We're looking at a warmer week than we've had in recent past here, so lots to get done in the +7 f. to + 16 f. weather coming our way.

I baked maple, ginger, soy, onion, and (heavy) garlic, (wild-caught) Alaska sockeye salmon for my son and wife tonight; an oily fish, so I had 4 small bites in minor violation of the plant-based diet. They liked the fish. So did I. :) Thus far, I'm otherwise doing really well, sticking to the vegan diet. Looking forward to being cancer-free, and eating a decent finely marbled, charcoal grilled, ribeye steak a few years from now, though.

Thanks again, trout.

--------------------------------------------------

An older Simon & Garfunkel, Live

'Bridge Over Troubled Water'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5gFakHeMk

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
pour me some of that pity punch! Murphy done f*cked up my mojo.

our dog (friend of 15 years) suffered breast cancer the last year of his existence and was beginning to have incontinence and muscle degradation to the point of not being able to get up and/or move around. here he is in his prime:
picture.php

he's in the ground now...sniff sniff.

the wife was attempting to feed him and tried lifting his head to do so when he bit her left hand, seriously bad...and she is arthritic...two days prior to Christmas.
being the Babushka that she is, she deferred the doctor until after the holiday.

she went to the ER to have it cleaned and bandaged only to find they wouldn't release her. gave her the cov2 test (negative) did blood work to find she is (and has been) diabetic for some time. put her on IV antibiotics and insulin, then scheduled surgery for two days later...got the surgery, but they still would not release her as her blood pressure and blood sugar were WAY HIGH, and healing would be problematic. on top of that, there were no visitors allowed.

after four days she was let out. the Dr.s were spot on, she wasn't healing and the hand was infected, so the next week she was reemitted for another four days.

she is still dealing with BS (blood sugar) but her BP (blood pressure) is coming lower. been dealing with the anxiety and stress of learning what she can or cannot consume and what/how her body feels like...lethargy, weakness, pain, fatigue, and the anxiety of knowing Murphy (the devil) has her on his dance card.

snowed 14" over the last 36 hours, but the temperature never got below 20*. rain in the forecast for tonight...just hoping with all the snow on the trees that it won't be sleet...anticipating Murphy breaking limbs off the tall trees...at least we haven't had the 40 mph winds they predicted...

govt. might turn out to be Murphy.

giving a shout out to your lady for what she has to endure in these trying times.

[youtubeif]ojf18wT_Xtk[/youtubeif]
Pink Floyd - On The Turning Away

G

our dog (friend of 15 years) suffered breast cancer the last year of his existence and was beginning to have incontinence and muscle degradation to the point of not being able to get up and/or move around. here he is in his prime:
View Image

the wife was attempting to feed him and tried lifting his head to do so when he bit her left hand, seriously bad...and she is arthritic...two days prior to Christmas.
being the Babushka that she is, she deferred the doctor until after the holiday.

she went to the ER to have it cleaned and bandaged only to find they wouldn't release her. gave her the cov2 test (negative) did blood work to find she is (and has been) diabetic for some time. put her on IV antibiotics and insulin, then scheduled surgery for two days later...got the surgery, but they still would not release her as her blood pressure and blood sugar were WAY HIGH, and healing would be problematic. on top of that, there were no visitors allowed.

after four days she was let out. the Dr.s were spot on, she wasn't healing and the hand was infected, so the next week she was reemitted for another four days.

she is still dealing with BS (blood sugar) but her BP (blood pressure) is coming lower. been dealing with the anxiety and stress of learning what she can or cannot consume and what/how her body feels like...lethargy, weakness, pain, fatigue, and the anxiety of knowing Murphy (the devil) has her on his dance card.

snowed 14" over the last 36 hours, but the temperature never got below 20*. rain in the forecast for tonight...just hoping with all the snow on the trees that it won't be sleet...anticipating Murphy breaking limbs off the tall trees...at least we haven't had the 40 mph winds they predicted...

giving a shout out to your lady for what she has to endure in these trying times.

Thanks trich.

sorry to read about your wife's troubles and your dog's illness.

Not always about pity, but more so about getting really tired of paying the dues for, and having to do the jobs of the folks who didn't -do- the jobs they got paid for.

In this immediate case, the legislators who sat on their asses posturing; I now pay the cost for that. And they absolutely knew the situation they were in, and were creating.

Then yesterday, I got yet another erroneous bill from the hospital, from last year, for an account my insurance co. had already paid max allowable payment for service, and I'd already paid my end, as well as having reached my max out of pocket limit for that year, so the billing is doubly suspect and out of bounds.

But despite settling the legislature's inaction and traveling to get things done that should have been achievable without the spending of air miles (had they done their jobs), I get to, again, call the billing people hospital, telling them to do THEIR jobs, as well.

But because this is strike 2 for their office (specifically) in this regard, they'll also get the riot act and terms of service protocols that I put forth, to be formalized with certified notification of my 'policy'; if this happens a 3rd time, and they were paid to do a job they didn't do, resulting in my having to correct their job, the charge is $50/hr for my time, and extra charges for materials, postage, ink, etc.

I find that providing some incentive to corporate America has its merits & benefits. Unfortunately, all I can do with the legislators, is to wait for that opportunity when I see them out in public, and can personally inform them as to what their annual posturing and ineffectiveness has cost, and ask when my Permanent Fund Dividend will include the extra that their BS has generated?

But as far as the Government becoming my enemy in this, we already weren't friends, and there's very little they can do to reverse the current in this to make it about me. They and the media already know it's about them. So I see no threat from this being generated.

I'm currently winning in these skirmishes, despite the repetitive nature of them, and unnecessary outlay of energy to resolve things that didn't need to occur. We rolled with the punches, and overcame the obstacles thus far created by incompetence and self-absorption on the parts of the State government, the billing folks, etc. The only question is how much energy has to continue to be expended in getting others to do their jobs. But they will eventually do their jobs.

My wife's hanging in and on pretty well through al of this, and she knows where the fuck-ups are being generated, and that it's not a our home. But thanks.

Take care.

-----------------------------------------

Bruce Cockburn

'Indian Wars'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t1a5DLmR8U

G

This morning's Fairbanks Daily News Miner confirms the Governor's feet are firmly planted, and he's not going to extend the COVID-19 emergency declaration that was needed.

https://www.newsminer.com/news/loca...cle_6c50bc68-6e81-11eb-b112-732dcf539d55.html

Meanwhile, the State Senate is sitting on a bill in committee, which I thought had been passed by the whole body, but has not. I'm told that bill will likely move quickly.

However, the bill that would match that bill, from the House side, isn't on the floor or any place else. The State House has had most of a month to get up and running for this session they are currently in (they've been in session for a month), and they haven't yet organized their body's leadership and committees formally, so there's nothing in the way of The Peoples' business coming out of their chambers; too much ego, infighting, etc., etc... again, for a month now... during what is slated to be a 90-day session, by statute.

So it's a darned good thing we made the moves we did, and arranged the alternate plans, to be finalized Monday or (more likely) Tuesday A.M.

If I volunteer to carry a pack for a person, that's a gift. If they put their pack on me when I didn't agree, and I'm already carrying my own, that's just plain old boundary-challenged opportunism, if not theft.

I ask for karma for these miscreants daily, any more.

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
That's a load of troubles dumped on you, trichrider. I hope your wife heals and recovers quickly.
thanks buzz.
its taking a long time and we're finding no instant gratification dealing with the medical industrial complex.
medicare though has been a godsend...she only just turned 65 last october.
Rosanne Rosanna Danas dad said "it's always something".
[youtubeif]9hYGtXIqDa0[/youtubeif]

G

Thanks trich.

Once we get older, and Medicare or similar is our resource, getting things covered can be troublesome, but stick with it.

------------------------------------

I just got a private call from a legislator who we previously did some work with, re. USA PA stuff, 20 years ago, as well as other activist efforts, back before he was sitting in the legislature.

We discussed, among other prospects, piece-meal approval of some of the lower cost items within the emergency provisions that are scheduled to die tonight, to include Telehealth appts.

He's aware of my time-line re. this appt. in Seattle, and the need to try and save money and resources for required in-person future trips, that absolutely CAN'T be done remotely, and he is headed up to an office today, to see who's around, and put some leverage on this.

We have not always been from the same side of political issues, but shared some interest and objectives in some of them, and he has offered his best effort to iron out (at least) the Telehealth issues, hopefully before Wednesday A.M. He tends to be a person who says what he knows and thinks, without a lot of white-wash.

I'm supposed to phone him back on Monday evening, (tomorrow), if I haven't heard from him or someone he is contacting.

So, while I'm not holding my breath, as there's no guarantee he can get results that quickly, there's an additional glimmer of hope that old, mostly candid relationships, may pay off; and he and I are BOTH aware that this issue affects MANY (thousands) of health-compromised Alaskans.

Keep pushing as many fronts as possible, until a good one opens up.

I now have one open, maybe, and a minor glimmer of hope for the second door to open, which might return us to the original plan, and allow us to save air miles, money, and time. Either that, or vape myself into a coma in a hotel room for 4 days. Which also doesn't sound too terribly bad at the moment.

Progress; however minor.

Edit: Spoke with my wife about resurrecting an old business license of mine, paying the fees to revive that license, and getting that back up & running, so I can formally bill ('back-charge') those who have, 3 times or more, disregarded their constraints, and billed erroneously for services they were not owed for, or had already been paid for.

"Makin' it real."

My best guess is that if such a case were to be contested, & go to a small claims or other civil court, either with a 6-person jury, or a judge, but especially with a jury, my back-charges will stand as owed to me. I guess we'll have to wait & see..

---------------------------------------

John Prine

'Lonesome Friends of Science'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRuyIexfpEk

Last edited:

Cuddles

View Image

Sorry to hear this, not just your wife´s injury but your dog too :( I know what it´s like.
I just wanted to recommend getting a really good probiotic for your wife because those antibiotics really f*ck up the gut.

goodluck

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
situation with my wife and dog...hmmn...
realistically that dog biting her hand saved her life.
she and i had no idea she was diabetic. her blood sugar in the hospital was 215/230.

they told her how close she was to that edge had she continued in her/our ignorance.
sobering.
and as far as putting him down, i think i did him and us a favor, he was suffering.
i tried convincing the wife we should euthanize him, but she was not having it and ended up prolonging his/our misery.
he didn't struggle at all, just twitched a couple times and expired.

[youtubeif]qo8gXGHlPUM[/youtubeif]

thanks for the good vibes guys.:petting:

G

Thanks trich.

Putting down a dog that has lost quality of life, is as humane as allowing our own species to pout themselves down, whether via Death with Dignity programs, legislation, etc. Same flow, dynamics, values and righteousness; it's the right thing to do.

I had a Blood Glucose level of 251 when I was first diagnosed. The first symptoms, aside from lethargy, were fungal infections that would not heal, particularly in damp areas of the body.

Type II diabetes can readily be turned around with diet and activity, though your body will only tolerate abrupt changes so many times before it flips you the bird a bit, and gets a bit more stubborn.

The diet and activity need to start some what soon, but not to the extent of the 200-500 calories a day that I was doing this recent time, which likely cast the heart issues into motion. No baseline to prove that, but logically, it's one of the few concrete explanations.

Nothing that isn't complex, in the way of carbohydrates, and if she desires to radically reduce carb intake, BUT also continue eating healthy amounts, fat near or on the live are initially converted to carbs, once other sources run thin, and glucose readings can remain reasonable, even with no carb intake. BUT, this is a personal metabolic issue, and needs to be monitored. (*The 'liver fat conversion to carbs' came from a Canadian site in Ontario, and has credibility in general, as well as anecdotally, in my own case, I can say it proved to be true).

Limiting carbs, activity, lots of veggies, and whole grains with no refined anything, and the Metformin, or what ever they have recommended, can, for some/many/most, become unnecessary. My 1st five years after diagnosis (from 11 years go, until about 6 years ago) after adjusting diet and activity, I ran legit morning glucose numbers of 90 to 115 routinely, with NO medication at all.

And contrary to many persons' thinking, morning glucose is NOT the lowest point in the day; coming out of lethargy and sleep, the liver has been converting food fat and stored fat, and the glucose in the morning can be 10-30 pts higher than during periods of activity in the day time, even with healthy diet/appetite.

Good luck.
--------------------------------------------------
As a side note, on the chance that music link was a message, I do not believe I'm arrogant. I believe I speak to what I know, acknowledge what I don't but read things pretty clearly in people most of the time. Learned and trained as such..

I tend to speak directly, which some folks find offensive, and sometimes misread, but I attempt to honor most boundaries, more than not, and expect the same.

At the same time, I won't take part in the 'Economic Stockholm Syndrome' that has those among us who are ill, being taken advantage of by a System that fails to acknowledge their own graft and corruption.

There are many persons who don't have my wife to run spread sheets to compare payments to billing, and see when they're being screwed, whether unintentionally, or more purposefully; either way, if not caught and corrected, the economic burden and over-payments continue to be made by those who are often among the least able to absorb such indignity and inequity.

I'll light fires over that sort of injustice all day long, and twice on Sundays. Including in my own case, this time around.

The 2nd erroneous bill from the hospital (actually the 3rd form them, always in THEIR favor, thus making it more implausible that it's a mere glitch, though the other one not counted is in the works still, but there have been 3 that were over-billings) was straightened out this morning, with them giving the classic non-responsibility explanation... again.. "When the insurance company re-evaluates a claim, sometimes the computer takes a negative bill and makes it a positive."

My reply: "Guess who programs computers? Your tech guys. Every mistake falls in the benefit of the hospital, not the patient, removing the principle of mere error and the 'tossed coin' probability. Fix them.. The next one will cost you $50/hour, plus materials, to include postage, finance charges, etc.".

Otherwise it behooves them to NOT fix this. And again, LOTS of persons who are not as conscious or conscientious about reviewing bills, versus EOBs are unable to track this.

Folks who are in the throws of wasting syndrome, doing radiation and chemo, as just ONE example. Many pf them are too far addled with pain killers or other side effects to track this stuff, and in their cases, uncorrected billing ought to be criminal when it happens more than 2 x's.

--------------------------------------------

I made contact with a tax-free lodging affiliated with the hospital the meeting is to take place at, and they have an early AM free shuttle that can get me to one clinic, then onto the final destination, in time for the meeting.

Their rates are more than fair, the lack of a bed tax is awesome, and they have a Whole Foods store in walking distance. Free wi-fi to communicate with home via Chromeboook,

Made contact with the town car service I use in Seattle, and made tentative arrangements for the ride from the airport, to the lodging, and back. All's good, though I let him know we're still in a holding pattern of sorts here, waiting on a reply this evening from my past activist and now-legislator acquaintance.

No one in at the Doc's office in scheduling today (President's Day), so I sent a message via their portal re. possible changes, to see if the can remain flexible, re. a Telehealth appt., versus a live and in color visit.

So, if I need to fly, I'm not as content about it as I would be if I were saving the $jing for later, necessary procedures, and instead sitting in front of my computer screen, in my own home, with my own surroundings, pups, family, grub, etc.

But Murphy sent the whole thing toward the fan blades, and we caught it, picked it up, and, at least for the moment, seem to have maybe come up with some workable alternatives, of which the greatest remaining question at this time is whether or not the Doc can meet in person, rather than via a computer screen.

And, in my favor, providing the Doc wasn't dead-set on sitting in front of HIS computer screen at home for this meeting, the free, early morning shuttle I'll take to which ever place, stops at both places he has offices.. So there's that benefit in play, too.

----------------------------------------------------

Johnny Winter, Live, in the UK, 1974

'Jumpin Jack Flash'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQPlU5q1CBI

buzzmobile

Veteran
I watched Satan and Adam this afternoon and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I spent some time taking a walk to NYC. There was a lot of broken glass in Harlem in 1976.

Johnny Winter floated across the stage in 1969 at the Miami Rock Festival in Hollywood, FL. Ethereal would be the word to describe his appearance under the stage lighting.

A Dyson fan will cancel Murphy's fan blades. ;) Keep working those phones and interwebs, moose eater.

G

I watched Satan and Adam this afternoon and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I spent some time taking a walk to NYC. There was a lot of broken glass in Harlem in 1976.

Johnny Winter floated across the stage in 1969 at the Miami Rock Festival in Hollywood, FL. Ethereal would be the word to describe his appearance under the stage lighting.

A Dyson fan will cancel Murphy's fan blades. ;) Keep working those phones and interwebs, moose eater.

Thanks for your continued good will and support, buzz.

I thought 'Satan & Adam' carried forward lots of good vibes, lessons about life, and more. As I wrote earlier, after viewing it, my wife thought it might be a good inspirational thing to watch here routinely. Glad you enjoyed it.

I saw Johnny & Edgar together, along with a whole BUNCH of other bands, in either '75 or '76 near Wyoming, Michigan, at a large rodeo arena, with the event titled 'The Electric Rodeo.' The township banned future concerts there after that. Don't know how long the ban lasted, as I had to 'depart the area' for other pressing reasons, if'n you know what I mean. :D

Heart, Nils Lofgren, Stars, Renaissance, Johnny & Edgar, and perhaps 6-8 more. Lots of ODs that day, UCs busting folks for weed, while the ODs were largely PCP meets 95 degree f. heat, high humidity, bright sun, and too much beer.

My now-deceased younger brother and I had ridden there on my motorcycle, eating Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose Seeds, and watching trails/tracers from the frisbees. Great show, other than watching some of the ensuing carnage; folks falling from up on high in the bleachers, ODs, etc. The music was awesome. The human behavior otherwise left some things to be desired.
----------------------------------------
We're making things happen with 'a little help from our friends.' Murphy throws up a road-block, and the 4-wheel drive goes into gear. Hopefully the transfer case and drive-lines hold up. :D

I even went out on a limb, and made arrangements for a cabin at the lodge (on an old dirt road to nowhere), where we launch the snowmobiles and freight sleds from, when my younger son and I head back into the mountains for our annual 'church' with the lake trout and burbot.

We'd normally stay in Tok Junction the first leg of that trip, and have a connection there who lets me 'live as freely as we need to' in his rooms, but with COVID, and Tok Jct. being on the main thoroughfare into Alaska by road, coming from the Yukon Territory (Canada), or leaving the State , we don't need any rolling of more dice re. potentially contaminated areas. So we're compromising and heading all the way to the launching and prepping site, with the remote possibility that we get in early enough to make the 17 miles into the bush, after loading freight and arranging gear/machines for several hours.

So progress forward is hopefully happening in all ways, though if I fly instead of Telehealth, I'll need to put the 165-gallon heating oil run on hold that I had intended to do under +20 degree f. skies on Wednesday afternoon. I'll donate that one to Murphy with scant protest at this point. :D

--------------------------------------

Carlos, Live in Mexico, 1993

Samba Pa Ti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Up8dFnp04c

G

Well, buzz, it appears your link to the Lovin' Spoonful/John Sebastian tune on Ed Sullivan was about a day early.

I just received a call from my acquaintance and former activist in the legislature, as well as a link to, and pdf copy of, a memo in an email. Last night at midnight, the Governor of Alaska, Mike Dunleavy, signed a memo instructing the State's Commissioners that, in light of the legislature's not having yet passed a more comprehensive COVID Emergency Declaration and Provisions Bill, previous allowances for the past Emergency Orders and Provisions provided by the Governor, which would have expired, are to remain functional, until they can be replaced with something more permanent.

He's somewhat less specific than that, but that's the gist of the thing.

There's some paraphrasing in my reiteration, and I'll need to be on the telephone tomorrow AM at 7:00 or so, to make sure they are accepting of this status at the other end in Seattle. But I sent a copy of the memo as an attachment, and a link to the source-page, to help with authentication.

In other words, if everybody is still content re. this Telehealth meeting and plans, it's a go, I get to still do the heating oil run on Wednesday, save the ~$450 the trip would've cost, put the 65,000 air miles back into my wife's air mileage account, stay home, and pet my pups.

Tentatively speaking, I'd call that a win that approaches miracle status.

We're not out of the woods yet, but I can see the break at tree-line. :)

Firming up of agreements to occur tomorrow morning via telephone, but for now, I'm headed to a vaporizer with some Satori #2 in it.

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

---------------------------------------------------

Santana & Everlast

'Put Your Lights On'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eJgTUUw4Pw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts