What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hey moose , it's been a long time and i believe your not too well so i guess i'll kick off with my genuine well wishes .. i haven't read the whole thread and i doubt i will mate but i get the gist .
i can understand your frustration with the medical institution , even here in oz where really , some say not , we have an excellent system . we are deducted a percentage from our taxes and everyone has accessible medical help . as you know i've had a serious accident and after six months of operations and home after care it hasn't cost me a cent ..certainly the lucky country moose .
i am now in the queue for further operations and it's a long shuffling line but there's certainly far more worthy than me . so take heart moose and i hope your very well encouraged with the generous feedback you have recieved from ICMAG members .. be strong moose and if you can't , then be funny !!! lol

Thanks Rod.

You were likely one of the most generous folks I have encountered.

When I had written you asking if what I saw another joking about was what it seemed, and you didn't answer, I figured I'd either offended you with the query, in what ever way, or there was something else there between you and you. I still owe you, and have thought many times about making good on my obligation for things offered.

I have a nice Aussie-made cowboy hat here (Akubra) my wife did some very nice custom cosmic bead work on for a head-band around the crown that I considered sending with gifts..

We spoke a bit ago on the phone, and I had read of your accident, but hadn't been aware of the specifics. Sounded horrible when we were done, though I know I'm long-winded, and you seemed to be in a hurry.

I hope you're healing well.

For me, well, part of this trip is staying in a holding pattern until you know, and there's LOTS of those moments built into it.

I'm in and out of hope and strength.

Life is love and pain, and it can grow us, then hurt us, and where it ends, we often don't get a say, or forewarning. As a controlling kind of guy, I don't always do so well with that.

I used to tell folks, "You know, if there is a Supreme Being, they're going to send me where they do, and no doubt, if that takes place, I'll likely deserve what ever I get. but I want an opportunity to ask the Dude in Charge to step outside, so I can take a poke at Him/Her, just to let them know what I think about a Being that can know so much, and do so fucking little, when there's so much carnage about, and they're supposedly all-knowing, and all-powerful. We call such benevolence either laziness or sociopathy in my 'hood."

Not everyone takes that perspective kindly, but it's mine.

I truly hope you heal well, that your wife is well, that your projects are proceeding as you'd like (not withstanding your accident, and what ever disruption and time that causes and takes).

As for me, if this trip stays abysmal, and I meet the Grim Reaper in the current frame of mind, I'm giving them, or trying to, the same treatment and set of questions I have for The Big Guy. "What the fuck were you THINKING??!!" I KNOW what you -weren't- doing!!"

You take care Rod. Seriously.

The fellow below, I had no clue who he was until you and I took a back-road and you mentioned his name; I couldn't recall ever hearing of him before.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy Barnes & Joe Bonamassa

'Stone Cold'

Jimmy Barnes - Stone Cold feat. Joe Bonamassa - Official Video - YouTube

Last edited:
G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AULOC--qUOI
The First Edition : Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)

so sorry you're having difficulties, but glad you're home.
take it easy brother, it's a long row to hoe and only one direction you can go...one that's acceptable anyway.
clear your head and concentrate on a positive outcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu2pVPWGYMQ
Creedence Clearwater Revival: Have You Ever Seen The Rain?

Thanks trich. I go from weeping sometimes, for many reasons, not so much pain, to clenching my fists and demanding justice, and sometimes, in between, the pendulum stops for a bit, and there's what suffices for now as peace.

Lotta' rain in this world, for damned sure.

After my family-of-origin began dying, when I was just a tiny guy I'd crawl behind the recliner rocker in the living room, and put that CCR album on my little portable record player, and listen. He seemed to know what -we- (he and I) were sharing from a distance..

Once upon a time, I told people tat in re. to the importance of music, the insights, etc., John Fogerty helped to raise me (abstractly, not delusionally).

There were lots of folks back then whose lyrics and tone said what I wanted to, and felt what I did. The war over seas and the nightly body count with Cronkite, or Kent State, was a reflection of what was and had gone on in our house... Lotsa' unnecessary unkindness and carnage.

Thanks again, trich.

Take care.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graham Nash & David Crosby

'Page 43'

Page 43 - YouTube

rod58

well moose , yes i was offended , seriously so . i mentioned in our talks that my biggest hate in life is liars and it goes against the grain for me to ever lie , so for something like that to come up was an affront but as time went by i dealt with the other party , and still am . every time he steps in front of me i let him know my revulsion !
but .. i'm not dwelling on the past moose and nor should any of us do so .. and moose , you don't owe me !
Jimmy Barnes ..an ozzy icon i guess , from the days when rock n roll was just that .. not a real fan of him , but .. i played some of Tedushi Truck to some mates just recently , and again , music we here don't hear at all . they all loved it , thank you !
well , it's ANZAC day today and most of the dawn services were cancelled due to covid so i guess i'll have a stiff scotch and a ANZAC biscuit here with the old gal . just picked a knob of Golden Tiger so it'll be a puff or two of that and then we might jump back into the sack , after all , it is sunday .. cheers moose .

G

well moose , yes i was offended , seriously so . i mentioned in our talks that my biggest hate in life is liars and it goes against the grain for me to ever lie , so for something like that to come up was an affront but as time went by i dealt with the other party , and still am . every time he steps in front of me i let him know my revulsion !
but .. i'm not dwelling on the past moose and nor should any of us do so .. and moose , you don't owe me !
Jimmy Barnes ..an ozzy icon i guess , from the days when rock n roll was just that .. not a real fan of him , but .. i played some of Tedushi Truck to some mates just recently , and again , music we here don't hear at all . they all loved it , thank you !
well , it's ANZAC day today and most of the dawn services were cancelled due to covid so i guess i'll have a stiff scotch and a ANZAC biscuit here with the old gal . just picked a knob of Golden Tiger so it'll be a puff or two of that and then we might jump back into the sack , after all , it is sunday .. cheers moose .

Thanks for that Rod. I don't think I lied about any of that, unless I missed something in your post. I also dislike dishonesty. Willing to do it at borders or with LEO, but rarely elsewise.

I'd hoped that my inquiry back then was as a question rather than an accusation. If I stepped ahead of myself, I apologize. I'd just wanted to know if it was what it had seemed.. Room to be wrong.

Lunch here was a Beyond Meat Spicy Italian plant-based bratwurst with reduced carb catsup and spicy brown mustard on it, covered in steamed chopped spinach. At first sounded a bit rank, but... Pretty fucking tasty!!

Lots to get done, and my energy has been limited in the early battle with yet-unknown 'flora' that hopefully resides solely in my urinary tract; presence in the peritoneum would mean lots more potential seriousness.

My girls are all about 8-10 inches tall, in the 6" pots I (intentionally) prematurely placed them in when we were leaving for surgery, I had tried (and apparently succeeded) in trying to lighten the load for the person tending them in my absence, and they did very well; filled out and grew nicely with straight H2O from the untreated well water.

The darker green tells me they've got plenty of N, and perhaps .2 to .4 higher in ph than I aimed for, but have a new product on hand that lowers feed and H2O ph, without killing microbes or adding any N, P, or K. Stuff sounds pretty chemical on the label, but I'll do some further research on it before I apply it. On the other hand, I wanted to not lose out, so it's already here.

No color of any micro or other complaints in the petioles, leaves, etc., other than the darker than typical green

Tomorrow I mail off a couple bills, visit the auto insurance and pay them, and deposit our Tax return check, so I can convert that into fuel oil; got enough set aside from other priorities for two 165 (US) gallon loads, which might almost fill up everything out back in the barn, but for a couple 30-galon poly drums. My younger boy will have to do any acrobatics into and out of the trailer and lifting; I'm restricted to 15 lbs. for a bit. Then 30. Horrible season to lose that capacity, but....

My head gets a bit foggy, even when the fever's down or gone, so I make headway in limited moments.

My wife's going through the (about) 28 explanation of benefit statements form the insurance co., and the redundancy and elsewise is again pissing me off. Not to mention the cardio-vascular surgeon who's been paid already, but the local hospital is MONEY HUNGRY after last year's COVID crimp on cash-flow, so we received yet another duplicate bill (3rd or 4th) that's been paid already... from last year. Another opportunity to bill the buggers $50/hour plus materials for having us do the job they got paid to do.

Yes, I'm envious of the medical infrastructure in Oz. I look at our money-grubbing opportunists here, and have sometimes violent thoughts; justified in my opinion. Leading cause of bankruptcy in the US is medical costs. Nothing like 'getting healthy.' How many suicides do you suppose are tied to those cases?

Phoned my older son's cell today, let him know that he and his sister are permanently written off, PERMANENTLY, that anything they left here of sentimental value, from photos, grade-school or other art, etc., etc. inclusive, is going into a fire pit for a celebratory burning/cleansing, and that at the end of it, there'll be no record they were ever here. I let him know he's a cowardly and despicable person, and emulates nothing I tried to teach him; he's made his bed, and can sleep in it. Told him his mother and younger brother and I are in concert on this; they fucked up, and acted like children, and during a time such as this, there's no turning back now. It's done, and told him so. His sister's .Model 360 S&W air weight 5-shot .357 and the speed-loader I bought for it are going up for sale. She left it here for me to ship to her, and I was willing to back then. But for her convenience, she backed out and wanted me to hang onto it. It's always been about HER convenience. I've come to find that attitude to be 'inconvenient.'.

Finally unpacking from the trip, but still need to write to my 'care team' (that can be RICH in some discussions, 'care team') and straighten out the out-of-context reporting from intake forms that rely on yes or no answers, when the reality is often in between. Unfortunately, many of them fail to acknowledge the grayness of life. I recommend they pay more attention to life than their pocket books and sit-coms, and maybe they might see that.

Life doesn't slow down when we do.

The hat's yours if you want it. Can try to make it a container unto itself as well.

First time since the wild cocaine days of the early 80's, but I have no recollection of where I put the small amount of my own buds I took down with me? Maybe I didn't, and I'm thinking I did, but the only thing present was what the member gifted to me. Forgetfulness frustrates me, so I'll have to let that possibility settle in, and see if it feels like it fits. At this point, who the fuck knows??

I'm gonna' go have some

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tedeschi-Trucks Band, Live, Crossroads Festival

'Any Day'

Susan Tedeschi, Derek Truck (Any Day) - YouTube

rod58

hey moose , no , and i mean no ..you never did but the other party sure did and he's a loathsome prick . i guess too was that you questioned me about that episode and in that , from where i sit , it cast doubts on my honesty .. this same person , if you recall , did much the same several weeks beforehand and i had never spoke to the guy at all . he was digging and just generally shit stirring .
so lets put this behind us moose and move forward . i apologise mate for not clearing this up before now .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3ywicffOj4 you have to love Stevie Nicks ..thought you might like this moose , i think it's on the same level as that lass tedeshi .. enjoy !

G

I'm very glad to read you didn't suspect me of such antics, Rod. That means a lot.

I had wondered if I had been joked about and I'm one of those guys who can be gruff, rough, and tumble in some ways, but many other times, a melted marshmallow. I worry if persons think I betrayed them or lied; never raised Catholic, but through other means I sure scored on their tendency for guilt trips upon one's self. If it involves loss of trust or relationship, it strikes deep.

I wished we'd straightened this out back then. I had only my own ideas as to drawing hypotheses in my mind about 'what was it', and laid a couple out above.

I apologize if you were hurt or offended by my questions, Rod. truly.

Closing the door on my older son and daughter, welding it shut, needed to happen. But it will deepen scars for me, and them, that I know were already there; just uglier and deeper now, but it needed to happen.. It simply needed to be done.

A friend who has taken many animals in his day and lives in the bush, and who has come and gone in my life several times due to boundary crossings, but who is also a very decent and thoughtful person, was informed today of the messages I left my kids, and he asked if I should have done it. I asked him if he ever WANTED to slaughter or butcher for hides/meat/etc. (what ever). He said "No." I replied, but it had to be done, right? There had come a point (economic needs, food, what ever) where it had to be done.

Sometimes life sucks. Picking which path sucks the least is tough going some times. I resent it.

I'll leave it alone now. Thanks.

Not too sure the antibiotics are suited to the critters trying to stake turf in me, as the fever came back a bit tonight, up to 100 f., not bad, but not pleasant, as well as some centered pain in the bladder, but, no pun intended, I suspect the bladder, among other organs, has all sorts of reason to be 'pissed off' at the moment. Be nice when they complete their sensitivity tests, and can determine IF there's a 'best' drug to throw at these buggers. I want them evicted, and suspect they're doing nothing but harm while they're thriving in there.

Trying to train the affected muscles that control urine flow to control themselves as they once did, after the procedure, and with a raging infection, well, this might take some magic, and a shit-ton of pads. Pride is diminished. Quickly exiting.

Smoked a bit of Kashmir strain tonight, gifted to me by another who has had a rough go. It was very nice and somewhat reminiscent of the Black Nepalese slab I once enjoyed the shit out of. Calm, cool, collected, but stoned, and awake, but not like a 'stimulant effect.' My wife gave it an 8 or 9. It was also the thrust behind my lesser aversion to picking up the phone for the aforementioned phone calls.

Take care. Hope your conversion to the building is going, or went as planned and hoped for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tedeschi-Trucks Band, Live Orpheum Theatre, 2015

Entire Show (??)

Tedeschi Trucks Band Orpheum Theatre - Madison, WI, USA 2015 - YouTube

Last edited:

rod58

all good moose , and most things are working out here , albeit a bit slow because of my injuries . i've had a dream run really up until now and of course " things " always happens to the other person ! oh i've been knocked around in the past but generally i do a double back flip , land on my feet and keep walking ..lol.. not this time ..
and i'm sorry about your son and daughter moose , you know if two mates get stuck in and beat each other up , then generally a day or two later and a few beers everything is ok .. but with family !! what is that ? why ? i do feel for you ..and your kids too .. i wish i could help you .. maybe i'll send you a jar of VEGEMITE ..i know ya love that stuff .
anyway dude , take care and rest your mind ..

G

all good moose , and most things are working out here , albeit a bit slow because of my injuries . i've had a dream run really up until now and of course " things " always happens to the other person ! oh i've been knocked around in the past but generally i do a double back flip , land on my feet and keep walking ..lol.. not this time ..
and i'm sorry about your son and daughter moose , you know if two mates get stuck in and beat each other up , then generally a day or two later and a few beers everything is ok .. but with family !! what is that ? why ? i do feel for you ..and your kids too .. i wish i could help you .. maybe i'll send you a jar of VEGEMITE ..i know ya love that stuff .
anyway dude , take care and rest your mind ..

We all try to keep stroking until we can't, Rod.

I can find fault and benefit/beauty in nearly every person I see. Some times one is overshadowed by the other, and sometimes the heart-break can turn hurt into anger, then hate, but the love is till buried in there; just harder to feel sometimes. That comes and goes with my 2 older children. But the heartbreak is huge over them,. More than for anyone else who left a scar.

You might land on your feet again, but that's me just being hopeful. None of us can read the future as clearly as we want to. Sometimes we come close..

I ask myself questions, do assessments, and wait for an answer from deep in my gut, trying to be hopeful, but also honest with myself, even when the images are not as pleasant. Maybe adding input by way of something from the mind that's not based purely on wants or desired outcomes gets added into that mix, as well. But as close to real as that's been for me, it's not 100%.

Take care of yourself. Make those dreams.

Peace to you and yours.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dickey Betts & Great Southern

Bougainvillea

Bougainvillea - YouTube

Last edited:

rod58

hey moose , thanks for the ph chat this morning , my time anyway . as i said , my wife and i went for a look at a old farmhouse thats on a tree plantation and we scored a heap of old brown glass beer bottles that have the press on lids , not screw cap . damn great for homemade tomato sauce and the like , plus i make my own beer nowadays . because we have started a market garden and are supplying locals with boxed veggies , we have a serious glut of tomatoes , onions etc etc . i think we have harvested close to a tonne of tomatoes , for christs sake !!!
anyway i never answered your offer of that gift , but i would be honoured to accept that moose . and also sorry for hijacking your thread and filling it with my ozzie drivel ..lol
all the best dude , adios !

G

hey moose , thanks for the ph chat this morning , my time anyway . as i said , my wife and i went for a look at a old farmhouse thats on a tree plantation and we scored a heap of old brown glass beer bottles that have the press on lids , not screw cap . damn great for homemade tomato sauce and the like , plus i make my own beer nowadays . because we have started a market garden and are supplying locals with boxed veggies , we have a serious glut of tomatoes , onions etc etc . i think we have harvested close to a tonne of tomatoes , for christs sake !!!
anyway i never answered your offer of that gift , but i would be honoured to accept that moose . and also sorry for hijacking your thread and filling it with my ozzie drivel ..lol
all the best dude , adios !

No drivel Rod, miracles and closure, or peace, are sometimes what happens when we're waiting around for pathology or related reports. :)

Other than for the infections, for which I may not know until tomorrow or even later WHAT exactly is growing in there, my next PSA is about 5 weeks and 2 days out.. Not that I'm counting or anything. You know us weed folks; can't wait to have another needle or IV stuck in me. :)

I am glad we've come to where we've come to, 2 old cadgers, both of us in one form of physical health distress or another. We ought to be righteously sitting next to each other on a park bench, feeding pigeons or something, passing a bottle of good Merlot back and forth in a brown paper bag, and cussing at skate-boarders or something. :)

The tomato onslaught sounds awesome.

We've got ONE type here that I grow in raised beds, that even on shitty years, no hot house, etc., they do GREAT; productive, early, nice balance of sweet and acid... etc. 'Gold Nugget' Avoid the Golden Pear (tear-drop shaped, and not nearly as adaptive to our climate.

Years ago my favorite in the greenhouse OR raised beds under the sun, was Starfire. But it stopped being available through conventional sources, and I later found them at some heirloom seed outlets. Medium size fruit, nice balance of acid and sweet, and a beautiful plant.

We (my wife) planted veggie trays X's 3 (about 216 1" cubes total) the night before we headed out to surgery, the night of April 10, moistly made up of various peppers, colorful varieties of marigolds (keep your pest control beautiful and organic by having them there), tomatoes, some cabbage, and even some broccoli... perhaps some other stuff too.

They're all springing up nicely, a bit elongated for having little other than sun in the windows, but my younger boy tended them quite well.

I've got some good planting spud seeds coming from 2 different sources in the Lower-48, as both of my sources for spud seeds retired last year and closed shop, but it turns out the one source was the supplier for the one primary source I used that closed; kismet!!

But, similar to the meat and fish diet, as a result o f my body's needs, I'm having to betray my Irish ancestors and while I will grow a good crop of spuds, I will be eating far fewer of them than my wife and son.

I hope your name continues to grow in a positive way at the community market, that your neighbors are pleased with your produce, and they continue to reward you properly.

Say hello to that pub matron/tender who gifted me the sample of awesome dipped, fried fries/chips there that day, assuming she's still around. Very kind person she was, and down to earth, as well.

Thanks for letting me burn up your dime on the phone, Rod. Next one's on me; International calling plan and all.

Fever's back mildly, so back to laying down I go. When I feel a bit better, I have a PAX3 packed with a load of Bodhi's Snow Queen that was gifted to me in Seattle by a very kind & generous person.

I'll look for an address to send that hat to. Very nice bead work on it.

Take care.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Levon Helm & James Taylor, Steve Winwood, Sheryl Crow, Jacob Dylan, Emmylou Harris

'The Weight'

The Weight Levon Helm & James Taylor, Steve Winwood, Sheryl Crow, Jacob Dylan, Emmylou Harris. - YouTube

Last edited:
G

Less urine leakage last night into the pad/Depends, at least as perceived subjectively.

Mild to moderate intermittent 'searing' heat under (especially) primary incision site; 4"-5" and about 2" above navel. My wife says it may be the internal equivalent to the 'healing itch' sometimes experiences with other more common healing. No clue. First time ride down this path.

Better urinary control over toilet in the AM, despite recent losses of control to the infection.

Minor nausea this AM, fleeting, for the first time since (??) yesterday morning? Day before?

Better food intake and bowel action yesterday than any recently, and for a time felt better for it, despite the continued intermittent, though lower fevers of mild significance.

Up a couple times last night,

Not sure when I can return to regular supplements and extracts at this time, as the surgeon had reversed himself last Friday and advised to hold off, after having given the green light earlier. That'll allow for warmer days and longer sun to extract outdoors, though the bugs (mosquitos in particular) are now wall-to-wall outdoors.

Still waiting to learn what specific type of bacterial infections we're dealing with and whether or not Cipro is the better choice.

Sent the surgeon and his folks a couple messages via the e-portal in the wee hours last night; first one covered the current symptoms and I expressed my disappointment at having phoned and typed in symptoms for most of a week, all of which correlated to or mirrored their list of signs of infection to be wary of, and that it took as long as it did to get a urine culture and blood draw for infection. I didn't say it directly, as I'm sure he's aware, but that, in itself, likely slowed my progress, and I didn't need any more frustrations.

The second message referred to the mitigating notations I often add to the simplistic 'yes' or 'no' options given for whether or not specific symptoms or histories are present, and that by ignoring those mitigating notes I've added, re. frequency, intensity, etc., especially where the symptom or history in question is marginal, creates an image of circumstances that isn't a reality, and this is bothersome as well. Like I said to the over-zealous Doogie-Hauser wannabe cop at the airport the other day, and as I say to my family members when important stuff gets overlooked, "Details MATTER!!!"

Quinoa with flax seed crackers with hummus X's 3, and a protein shake, then LOTS of business to tend to on the phone, including dog meds, etc.

--------------------------------

I was not aware of this concert before, and was thrilled to see it this AM. Watching Rick Danko bob back and forth on bass, Garth Hudson plunking on the keys, Levon Helm starring as his unique self, Richard Manuel who 'exited stage left' years and years ago in what ever distress he was in sufficient to bring that choice; such a beautiful time and people. It was teary nostalgia for sure.

Here it is.

The Band, Live, 1983, Vancouver, Reunion Concert

The Band | Reunion Concert | Vancouver 1983 - YouTube

G

:blowbubbles:nice to see yall come full circle.
Moose i have say two things, other than than you for the wonderful story leading up to losing Missy.
one is about beds, i put pillows and a blanket under my mattress from my midsection up. they sell v shaped foam inserts that are easier to use. this keeps the heart lower than the brain, which helps with a few things. also helps with any sinus stuff.

The other thing is about your diet. i believe that unless you have a reason you cannot, that a raw meat/egg inclusion to your diet is needed and will help with iron, etc. organic eggs from a local source, just the yolk, skip the white, in a smoothie is easy to take and will not causw digestive blockage. ive dealt with hemmorhoids before. also eating raw aloe helps with internals sometimes. But raw meat and eggs from a local organic source. i wouldnt go vegan. have slices of raw beef and youll be hooked. slightly fermented with a very small amount salt is the best, has a buzz to it. if you can find a raw foodist around who eats meat, they will show you what they know.
And maybe get a stainless hand crank wheatgrass juicer, i got one for 50 bucks and it juices anything, weed leaves to coconut chunks. Gerson Therapy is a cancer fighting food based therapy, calls for 12 glasses of veg juice a day.
much aloha!!!!!!

G

:blowbubbles:nice to see yall come full circle.
Moose i have say two things, other than than you for the wonderful story leading up to losing Missy.
one is about beds, i put pillows and a blanket under my mattress from my midsection up. they sell v shaped foam inserts that are easier to use. this keeps the heart lower than the brain, which helps with a few things. also helps with any sinus stuff.

The other thing is about your diet. i believe that unless you have a reason you cannot, that a raw meat/egg inclusion to your diet is needed and will help with iron, etc. organic eggs from a local source, just the yolk, skip the white, in a smoothie is easy to take and will not causw digestive blockage. ive dealt with hemmorhoids before. also eating raw aloe helps with internals sometimes. But raw meat and eggs from a local organic source. i wouldnt go vegan. have slices of raw beef and youll be hooked. slightly fermented with a very small amount salt is the best, has a buzz to it. if you can find a raw foodist around who eats meat, they will show you what they know.
And maybe get a stainless hand crank wheatgrass juicer, i got one for 50 bucks and it juices anything, weed leaves to coconut chunks. Gerson Therapy is a cancer fighting food based therapy, calls for 12 glasses of veg juice a day.
much aloha!!!!!!

Thanks.

I was instructed via several sources (Docs) that meat proteins, to include eggs, dairy, etc. feed cancer. So for now, I can try top maximize the diet with additions like wheat grass, etc., but for now, I just came upon what may be HUGE gators to wrestle.

The same *&^%)(* who failed to have my lab order at the lab in Seattle, wrote back this morning, stating the reference to 'mixed flora' indicates the sample was contaminated. That there needed to be more and that i should cleanse the penis at the tip before giving the sample, so they have NO clue which specific bacteria are present in my system..

I have a limited amount of time left on Cipro 500 BID, and no one can clarify if this is simply urinary tract, or in the peritoneum.

I get another round of perceiving from 'modern medicine that, "Hey, we did our part, call someone who gives a shit."

This period has already cost me progress in recovery, by my estimation. Now I'm a bit frightened, not knowing what we're dealing with, how serious or vulnerable to Cipro it is, where it is located (broad perspective), and more.

The folks down there will claim a successful surgery, cash their checks that were whittled away on by the insurance cos bean counters, and if I stumble or not, "Hey, he's 2,800 road miles away."

I have a rush call into my Primary Care Doc's clinical team, but the Doc herself, is out of the office today (maybe this week?), & I'm waiting to hear back from a stand-in, though we put a rush request on it.

No one cares for your car, body, health, dogs, etc., etc. the same way you, the owner does, but they can pretend all day long, providing they get paid.

I'm sweating now, and likely headed back into a fever.

They should count their blessings for the 2,800 road mile separation between us; a seal club or rusty machete comes to mind as useful tools right about now. maybe provide them with some common fucking sense, and motivation to improve their performance.

Thanks for your input.

Take care.

Last edited:

sdd420

Veteran
Great concert find on the Band...peaceful thoughts and memories of a better time. Thanks buddy hang in there

buzzmobile

Veteran
I had a hell of a lightning, severe thunder storm, tornado warnings, hail event here Saturday afternoon. 5.1" of rain in the gauge in the span of 2.5 hours. Modem/router fried too, but it is all fixed now.

Hello, moose eater.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
"They should count their blessings for the 2,800 road mile separation between us; a seal club or rusty machete comes to mind as useful tools right about now. maybe provide them with some common fucking sense, and motivation to improve their performance."

denial
anger
acceptance
surrender

notice revenge isn't on the list? been there done that, didn't work.

several years back i had an inflamed gall bladder, serious enough i thought it was heart attack. the buffoons at the clinic did the EKG twice because it wasn't a heart attack. i had to go to the ER. they did blood screen and found the infection and did the surgery next day.
couple days after release i went back to the surgeon and he advised taking the antibiotics prescribed...asked him if it killed gut flora and he said yup...never took the antibiotics because of that answer. the gut flora are your body' immune system.

https://www.google.com/search?client...+immune+system
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2018.01830/full
https://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/060112p58.shtml
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3337124/

edited to provide the links above...
rest easy pardner, no one said it was going to be rosy. take it one day at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ_ccgOkJdI
Zac Brown Band - Free/Into The Mystic

G

I don't do denial trich. No point. Gets you nothing. Reality is the problem, and if there's an answer, that's where it's to be found.

Surgeon called. As I suspected, the time to have gotten a good urine sample for doing a culture would've been the Thursday afternoon they had me doing the 300 yard hike and climb to do their jobs for them.

I figured if he could order therapeutic Viagra through our local pharmacies, he could also order a blood draw or urine culture and more antibiotics.

There was no reply via the portal in n writing. I suspect they are beginning to get a bit concerned re. legal liability, in which case, less written information from their end is a way of trying to cover the evidence already laying all around that speaks against them.

My kidneys are enflamed, and I became a bit dizzy sitting on the toilet while changing out the pad and Depends. I've told my wife that if this thing turns south in an abrupt manner, to make sure she parks the Polly Anna congeniality, and contacts the best hired guns for med mal practice she can identify, and gets tight with a Genghis Kahn attitude; war is war.

So, I need to hydrate more; tried to piss and nearly nothing, but standing and trying to change into the new Depends, a fair amount of leakage, so tried to pee again, and... same.. very little to nothing.

This is feeling more serious.

Plan for now is to continue through the Cipro, then perhaps switch to the Amoxicillin-K clavulanate (875-125) that I had 28 + with me from home the entire time I was down there, and do them for X time (technically I have enough of that for 14 days, though my body doesn't like this ride already).

If all of that fails to knock this shit out, then we're looking at heading to a hospital for IV antibiotics, assuming this hasn't kicked my ass by then.

If you're a self-absorbed physician, a criminal Wall St. fraudster, or any number of another 12 or more categories of worthless pieces of shit, this would be a REALLY bad day to encounter me. Lord help the next miscreant that puts another unnecessary speed-bump in my path. Got little reason to hold back any more.

G

"They should count their blessings for the 2,800 road mile separation between us; a seal club or rusty machete comes to mind as useful tools right about now. maybe provide them with some common fucking sense, and motivation to improve their performance."

denial
anger
acceptance
surrender

notice revenge isn't on the list? been there done that, didn't work.

several years back i had an inflamed gall bladder, serious enough i thought it was heart attack. the buffoons at the clinic did the EKG twice because it wasn't a heart attack. i had to go to the ER. they did blood screen and found the infection and did the surgery next day.
couple days after release i went back to the surgeon and he advised taking the antibiotics prescribed...asked him if it killed gut flora and he said yup...never took the antibiotics because of that answer. the gut flora are your body' immune system.

https://www.google.com/search?client...+immune+system
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...018.01830/full
https://www.todaysdietitian.com/newa...60112p58.shtml
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3337124/

edited to provide the links above...
rest easy pardner, no one said it was going to be rosy. take it one day at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ_ccgOkJdI
Zac Brown Band - Free/Into The Mystic

It seems some education is in order here, trich, so I'll clarify, with minimal littering with venting re. discomfort.

This has never been about expectations of the serious surgery being rosy or easy, but rather about well-paid Docs and surgeons honoring the Hippocratic oath, and putting egos and other shit aside to give proper treatment, based on their own literature.

A potential infection in the peritoneum is not optional where treatment with antibiotics are concerned; it is a 'sealed pouch' of diaphragm tissue, where no one and nothing else typically penetrated, where your most sensitive and important organs exist, and untreated, leads for to serious pain, as IN SERIOUS writhing pain (there are forum members here who've had infections there, who can attest to the pain that can't be described) ,, and potentially a miserable death.... but not necessarily on the infected person's terms.

The chances of identifying WHAT the cultures involved were/are, was fucked up out of the gate, with piss-poor protocol, follow-through, and my doing their job for them, while I had compromised breathing/oxygenation, fever, dizziness, etc., yet their INCOMPETENCE, chasing new money, new victims, or what ever, had me traveling the hiking and climbing path earlier described, during which NONE of them, aside from me doing their fucking job, have verbally or otherwise OWNED their BS that day, and that day took away the BEST (maybe only real) opportunity to define what infections are/were in there.

These are purportedly some of the best of the best in the Pacific NW, and I did a LOT of research leading up to this.

From their own post-op literature given to me at the discharge, they were told REPEATEDLY of symptoms FROM THEIR OWN INSTRUCTIONS, of symptoms that pointed directly to an infection. yet the calls, typed messages through the portal, etc., FOR A FUCKING WEEK, received little more than a pat on the head, and "this is all normal" being driven by any number of real motives that I can logically guess at; don't allow a blemish on the record that brings new patients, when that's the continued flow of cash? Conservation where insurer's money is concerned, as they're your future bread and butter? There are other pertinent and probably drivers here.

Then, to finally have an awakening, a week into these miserable and defined symptoms, and on the LAST night we're there, phone up/message in later mid-afternoon, telling us we can go score a urine culture and blood draw to see if there's an infection (THAT was fucking RICH!!) , and to have that play out as described earlier, with the order still sitti9ng on a computer in another building, not at the lab, and the duration of physical suffering that occurred, again, DOING THEIR FUKING JOB FOR THEM.

Again, there's been continued evidence, including right now, despite being 5 days into an ass-kicking antibiotic, that some sort of infection continues, that seemed yesterday and par tof the day before to have developed a resistance to this bacteria or series of bacteria, that can not be easily identified now... due to THEIR fuck-up.

Even in speaking with the Doc yesterday, who was made aware of the stiffness and discomfort in my kidneys (a pert of the urinary tract, by the way), he reiterated that 'spraying urine' around the catheter (not trickling, but spraying, which my wife can attest occurred NUMEROUS times) is just evidence of a bladder spasm; never mind that their own literature states that leakage around the catheter can be evidence of trouble. So they're moving further into CYA mode, failing to answer the latest written exchanges in writing, but rather verbally over the phone. Thank fucking God for speaker phones, eh? Witnesses make or break this shit later on down the road.

All of this was avoidable with competent follow-up. I'd have written orders myself to get this shit sorted out while we were still there, and NOT the evening before our departure, but I can't write such orders, let alone analyze the samples.

When you fuck me up, patting me on the head, rather than giving proper follow-up, and try to pass me off to some Primary Care Doc 1,500 air miles and 2,800 road miles away, without even fucking checking to see if she's in the office or available, that says a WHOLE lot about motivation, then, later play CYA games to cover your ass, after passively helping to fuck me up, or anyone for that matter, it is a clear indication at the time, in my set of values, that we are not friends. Quite the fucking contrary.

So yesterday, when I concluded (accurately) that if this guy can order (therapeutic or otherwise) Viagra in Alaska with a Wa. Doc's license, he can also order cultures, blood tests, antibiotics, etc.. up here with little or no hassle.

He ordered a most basic blood count yesterday, despite knowing that my kidneys are now involved. Again, appearing to be conservative with my insurer's money, because they are the source of his future payments for what ever toys he enjoys, when he's not overlooking patients' valid complaints of symptoms that point to an infection.

Angry? There's a good chance that if I were left alone in a room with some of these motherfuckers right about now, my future would be quite clear.

So now, after not commenting on the appropriateness and possible efficacy of the 29 tabs of 875-125 Amoxicillin/K-clavulanate that I had with me the ENTIRE time, (brought with me from home, as I tend to travel with shit that I think I might need, and it's less than a year old, dating back to a tooth abscess last year; first ever in my life), or commenting on the fact that by our own research, it's a very effective antibiotic for many cross-over infections involving urinary tract and 'soft tissue (to include peritoneum), he has the balls to ask if I still have it; what does my using this stuff do for me now? Well, it keeps a subsequent treatment for infection off my charts , for starters. Ask yourself if that benefits him, or me.. I'll answer; HIM. My $6,000 max out-of-pocket is already paid. It would cost me nothing. But again, we're now shooting in the dark, as we have no clue at this time exactly which critters we're trying to kill, how resistant they are to which antibiotics, etc.

I don't subscribe to class stratification of this sort in this culture; when you fuck me over, and you're in that upper strata, I don't get flush with flattery about the person who believes they wea r a crown, shoveling some moldy crumbs from their table. I'm taking the fucking steak, if it's due to me. And at some point, I'm not asking.

So I'll use my stash of stout antibiotics here when we finish letting the Cipro fuck me around, as I still have fevers, sweats, and more, but then we might have to move into phase 3 of treating what SHOULD have been an avoidable situation; if the thing is still alive and kicking my ass, I get the vulnerability of going into the local hospital (a place I'd sworn off 8 years ago, with cause) and having them hook me up to IV antibiotics. Maybe by then we might have identified what it is we're trying to kill, and MAYBE even identified the efficacy of what ever drugs we're using, but that also means me, a cancer patient with diabetes, gall stones, and other compromising issues that play on my immune system, being exposed to a place that lost its JCAH accreditation several years ago.... due to post-op infection rates, and had to earn it back. A place where a friend, pilot, guide, and heavy equipment operator, spoke with a person who works there in a pro capacity, and asked, "If you needed surgery, would you use Fairbanks Memorial Hospital?" And the healthcare professional/neighbor answered him, "FUCK NO!!!"

So, to summarize, treating an infection of the peritoneum with antibiotics is not optional, unless pain and death are on the table, and while death has always been on MY personal table, THAT flavor has no place there.

This whole series of outrageous incidents WAS avoidable, and it was not MY fuck-ups that led us here.

I'm still dealing with the fall-out of this shit.

The time they were puzzled by the continuation of intermittent nausea, they inquired about opiate use; I used 1 5mg tab at night down there to get to sleep, skipping the last night or so we were down there, as constipation can fuck a person up with these sorts of incisions, (aside from my not having a taste for opiates or downers), and last night, for the first time in a good while, I ate ONE 5mg, as there's a known possibility the testicular cord was stretched during surgery, and has my nards feeling like someone had pinged them over and over with a tinker's hammer. Infection, stretching of the testicular cord? I can only guess, based on MY research. Not based on info from the surgeon and his crew, who have already seen fit to disregard their own symptoms list for infection, and who I was gullible enough to listen to in the first place..

I've already begun reaching out to a crew of seriously skilled and vicious hired legal beagles in Anchorage, and need to get in touch with them. I'm going to lay this shit out, especially if the consequences I'm experiencing go up a few notches, and then we may fire some serous salvos that ought to get better attention than the messages and calls I left them about infection symptoms did, the week we were in 'recovery.' (*I'd like to experience some 'recovery' by the way...).

No, they and I are not friends, I will not speak fondly of them, when I get a chance to dissuade others from subjecting themselves to these fuckers, I will absolutely do so. If they bristle, my response will be, "Sue me, asshats".

My appt. with my primary care Doc, a wonderful person in most regards, is currently scheduled for May 12, but I'm supposed to callup regularly, to see if there's been a cancellation closer to NOW.

I'm STILL dealing with the fall-out of their lack of action in this matter, and

"DETAILS MATTER!!"

I didn't NEED any help finding reasons to contemplate exiting the planet, but they sure have helped to provide a few.

Last edited:
G

Primary care Doc's nurse phoned this morning, and was following up on my multi-pronged approach to getting labs yesterday. She was unaware I'd had the blood draw, despite me having left a note with their message people. Again, competence? Dropping of balls?

She informed me that my Primary Care Doc hasn't received or seen any notes or records from the surgeon's office in Washington since February. Say WHAT??!!! (Yes, I'd pre-emptively signed releases willy-nilly back then, of my own accord.... so they could sit there unutilized, with everyone holding their hands in the air, not knowing what's gong on, but not for lack of my having paved the way for them TO know what is what).

The whole fucking system is suspect at best!!!

And again, these are the folks who will save us in a crisis? Jesus, half or more of them are still trying to find their own asses!!

Reminds me of my daughter, an RN, before she left, phoning up to ask me how to sterilize a huge box she had in her front yard, with a couch in it. At which point I considered, "You're an RN, in theory you have vastly more training about contamination, etc., than I do, and I KNOW how to take care of the 'box', yet you're calling me to figure out how to decontaminate a cardboard box??!!" I didn't say ALL of that, though conveyed parts in other words, and told her how to accomplish her task.

Lord help us.

No results yet from the blood draw yesterday, not to the Primary Care Doc, in whose facility the draw took place (though they were unaware of it, apparently) and not to me, the guy who really fucking needs to know...

What do I know? Bodhi's Snow queen is DANGEROUS. Capable of instilling double-vision, I think. At least the specimen I was gifted can. A HUGE 'WOW!!' on that one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenny Wayne Shepherd

'Everything is Broken'

Everything Is Broken - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts