What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gry

Grapefruit is a citrus hybrid originating in Barbados as an accidental cross between the sweet orange (C. sinensis) and the pomelo or shaddock (C. maxima), both of which were introduced from Asia in the 17th century.[2] When found, it was called the forbidden fruit.[1] In the past it was referred to as the pomelo,[3] but that term is now the common name for Citrus maxima.[4]

G

We had a small home in Ft. Myers with a large number of citrus trees in the backyard. There were two grapefruit trees; one seedless, one seeded. The seeded fruit was a Duncan and it was the best tasting grapefruit I ever ate.
https://citrusvariety.ucr.edu/citrus/duncan.html

Have a great trip with your son.

My mother had a home in Scottsdale Arizona for a good while. She and my younger brother moved there from SW Michigan, after I'd left the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for the Yukon Territory in 1977.

They had an in-ground concrete pool in the back yard, with a patio. There were a couple of grapefruit trees in the back yard, and my morning ritual when I visited there was to take the bong out to the pool area, do some swimming, a few tokes, and then on to what ever.

Tree-ripened grapefruit, like tree-ripened ANY fruit, is the best I've ever eaten.

But the little kids down the street would gather up the old, large paper grocery bags, filled to the brim with tree-ripened grapefruit they would pick up off the ground, having fallen from weight and ripeness, and sell a bag of them for $1.00 to $1.50 door-to-door or on the subdivision street corners.

Reminded me of running up or down Hwy 97, through British Columbia, in the later part of summer or early fall, and getting those same old paper grocery bags, filled to the brim with AMAZINGLY SWEET sweet corn, for about the same money; $1 to $1.50/bag full.

Extra Large translucent-core apples in the PNW was another source of incredible road food, and on the hwys in Western and Central Washington, getting stuck next to an orchard of Rainier cherries.. Mmmmm.

We had plum, peach and apple trees in a small orchard as kids, as well as a grape vine/arbor, in SW Michigan. Whether grapes or the other fruit, pre-ripened, they all made for excellent projectiles in skirmishes with neighboring kids. Green grapes fired from a slingshot were the shit.

--------------------------------------

A rerun, but worthy

The Allman Bros. go acoustic, with Dicky Betts, Warren Haynes, Gregg Allman, & the same unknown figure on the right from the last time.

And ....

A hitch-hiker's tribute...

'Melissa'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggeab0lKz2c

G

maybe the spoon lady has some she isn't playing...or the lovin spoonful...

[youtubeif]UxbLsfK-3TI[/youtubeif]

Thanks trich.

Yeah, I'll have to track down the spoon lady and see if she knows anything.

The place we're staying for surgery, etc., apparently has a strict weapons policy; no knives of any kind, other than the utensils available in the common area shared kitchens. So I have to leave my pocket knife, my sidearm, and probably my grapefruit spoons at home, lest we offend someone, and I find myself needing to find new accommodations.... Which I've thought about doing anyway, after the grief I got from a particular staff member there when I was reserving the room for this trip.

---------------------------------------

Flutes, shells, and other (natural) instruments.

'The Sounds of Silence'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=444JSd9tMkc

G

Grapefruit is a citrus hybrid originating in Barbados as an accidental cross between the sweet orange (C. sinensis) and the pomelo or shaddock (C. maxima), both of which were introduced from Asia in the 17th century.[2] When found, it was called the forbidden fruit.[1] In the past it was referred to as the pomelo,[3] but that term is now the common name for Citrus maxima.[4]

Thanks Gry.

That was pretty much what I read, though I failed to retain some of the details.

They go way back, have some impressive nutritional value, and unsweetened, are still just right in their blend of bitter and sweet.

-----------------------------------------

Big Head Todd & The Monsters

Live at Red Rocks

'Bittersweet'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyd9OcI37AY

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
A rerun, but worthy
The Allman Bros. go acoustic, with Dicky Betts, Warren Haynes, Gregg Allman, & the same unknown figure on the right from the last time.
And ....
A hitch-hiker's tribute...
'Melissa'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggeab0lKz2c

there are 4 musicians, Greg Allman, Warren Haynes, Greg and Dicky Betts...roll the dice. 25% chance you'll figure it out...this stage of the game, you don't need unanswered questions lagging.

:tumbleweed:
[youtubeif]zO8IwPbALK4[/youtubeif]

Guitar Boogie & Working Man Blues (Live) l Collaborations l Tommy Emmanuel with Billy Strings

Gry

Thanks Gry.

That was pretty much what I read, though I failed to retain some of the details.

They go way back, have some impressive nutritional value, and unsweetened, are still just right in their blend of bitter and sweet.

Big Head Todd & The Monsters

Live at Red Rocks

'Bittersweet'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyd9OcI37AY
Recall having heard when I was young, that there were those who exposed

cuttings of various citrus were exposed to various levels and types of radiation in an effort to find something novel, always wondered how well

that worked out.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Recall having heard when I was young, that there were those who exposed

cuttings of various citrus were exposed to various levels and types of radiation in an effort to find something novel, always wondered how well

that worked out.

Orange groves can now be harvested at night as a result of the radiation experiments.
attachment.php

:laughing:

Attachments

• orange.jpg
    orange.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 23
G

Thank you, Gypsy.

As I wrote before, there's diamonds in here, providing a person is patient enough to get through the venting, emotional roller-coaster, and unrelated back-and-forth.

There's good info, but this is not necessarily a linear journey, and neither are my posts as a rule. Though I try to come back to a meaningful point fairly regularly.

------------------------------------------------

Snow's coming down, and depositing a lot more than they had forecast. So we're not transferring heating oil while the precipitation is coming down. No sense in getting any H2O into the mix.

------------------------------------------------

New message from the surgeon's office in the Pacific Northwest when I arrived home; their Docs viewed the notes and reporting from the October 16, 2020 biopsy (and other scans?), and they have confirmed the dx as 'invasive adeno carcinoma', with a Gleason 8 in 2 of 6 areas sampled, and a Gleason 7 in one area.. The Gleason 8 wins out, as there is typically only 1 designation given to prostate (and other?) cancer.

Had access to cheap tickets, whether by mileage plan miles, or cash, so went ahead and made flight reservations for the July 28, post-op follow-up appt with the surgeon, flying down 7/27, and back home 7/29, so if there's any additional scans or (???) after the follow-up, or before, I'll be on-hand for that.

I don't trust our legislature to deal with the pressing priorities of the moment, including reactivating the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration through legislation, rather than the Governor engaging in an executive determination, though he is empowered to do that..

The R-dominated State Senate legislators are currently hearing (Voter Fraud) concerns in the Senate Committee hearings I tuned into yesterday, despite our corrupted Lt. Governor, and former Conoco Philips Oil man, Kevin Meyer, who is technically in charge of elections, stating unequivocally that our election here this year was secure. (What ever).

So the motivation in reserving the flight tix is to avoid any sticky wickets re. Telemedicine being legit or not, as we contended with recently. I'm fairly certain that if the insurance folks refuse to pay for the last consultation, the rather large bill of close to $500 will be coming to me, with them expecting me to handle it on my own, despite my being the one to try and convince them that Telemedicine went away on Valentine's Day. One heck of a way to tell the seniors and more vulnerable they're cared about, eh?

In any event, if our State legislature is astute enough to get their keisters in gear, do their jobs, and help to keep safe the vulnerable in the population, and Telemedicine is resurrected by their actions, then the miles for the tickets can be put back into the mileage accounts they came from, and the fees refunded. A win-win.

No more erroneous bills to correct or throttle anyone over since last week.

-------------------------------------------------

Complete with fitting history in images for the times.

Jefferson Airplane

'Volunteers of America'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SboRijhWFDU&list=PLVB1Qcr3Vb7d7k7rxQCoQvtpDnDnWyKad&index=15

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
[youtubeif]hvhs40xmGTA[/youtubeif].

Shrink Your Enlarged Prostate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvhs40xmGTA

for others who may be curious about prostate health before it becomes a problem, or who may be having problems already.
good information on understanding and ameliorating/addressing enlarged prostate (not cancer).

and on a lighter note:
[youtubeif]aYDfwUJzYQg[/youtubeif]

Primus - Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

:good:

G

[youtubeif]hvhs40xmGTA[/youtubeif].

Shrink Your Enlarged Prostate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvhs40xmGTA

for others who may be curious about prostate health before it becomes a problem, or who may be having problems already.
good information on understanding and ameliorating/addressing enlarged prostate (not cancer).

and on a lighter note:
[youtubeif]aYDfwUJzYQg[/youtubeif]

Primus - Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

:good:

Thanks trich.

Years ago I did a research paper re. preventive health care, versus corrective or 'reactive' health care. Turns out we've known for over a half-century that preventive health care costs about 15% of what corrective/reactive health care costs, but like with our diets, we (our culture in particular) often wait until it reaches a crisis point.

Some of the insurance companies have caught on over time, and now pay for a lot of preventive (lower cost) procedures or vaccinations, but even there, they're starting to cut some corners; i.e., paying for required labs, but refusing to cover the cost of the tech who draws the blood (no BS; ran into this recently with my wife's insurance. And the cost was a pittance of the overall amount).

Thanks again.

----------------------------------------

A fairly young John Fogerty & Creedence Clearwater Revival

Live at Woodstock, 1969 ('complete')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75VQp8iGNF0

G

Thanks buzz.

The writer didn't get too heavily into the technicality of his course (PSA, Gleason Score, etc.), but more or less outlined his trip through, and the side-effects he experienced, or is experiencing.

A good basic outline of a trip through radiation treatment, by my appraisal.

Due to his family history with PC, the writer implies or states he was getting routine assessments, I assume by way of a PSA test.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I regret doing the 2 MDX Biomarker tests, both of which reported I was an extremely low risk for PC, but both of them were administered in such a way as to be questionable from the beginning. I should have opted for the more ominous and intimidating biopsy straight away, back when I had a PSA of 4 or 5, but even then, the urology Docs I saw (2 in particular) stated I had a mildly enlarged prostate that was not inherently indicative of PC, and the one local urologist who did my biopsy, on that morning he even wagered that I was negative for cancer.

My Agnostic self was in charge at that time, as usual, and I had already decided we'd wait until we had something to base our optimism or pessimism on; my wife and younger son were betting with the Doc, that I was negative for PC. It's all too common for we humans to try and feed ourselves positive news, even when there may be none, just to feel better.

The short of that is... .if in doubt, get a biopsy, as there are few satisfactory substitutes to a real world view.

Thanks again, buzz.

I was mildly to moderately depressed this A.M., and had a difficult time convincing myself to get up and get stuff done.

Still needing to refine the wording in the Wills re. authorities of the Executor and the Trust people, in the event that both my wife and I pass away before my younger son is 18.

If I found someone had undermined the intent of the Wills, and screwed my youngest boy over, if there were a way, I'd come back and haunt them until they didn't want to exist any more. I think we have good people designated to help him out, and a first order of business is that anyone involved in helping him through such a time, should it come to pass, id to specifically be helping him to become emancipated; he's mature, responsible, and lots of other things that make him well-suited to being able to pick up his own needs and obligations in the event of his mother's and my demise.

Tat's been a pressing issue for me for a while now, and I had held off completing the new Wills' technicalities, hoping for some kind of epiphany on the parts of my older son and my daughter, but it's way past time to accept that we will have nothing to do with persons who demonstrate lack of character, honor or principles they have demonstrated in these last years. We all have the opportunity to sleep in the metaphorical beds we make, at least for a little while.

On to the Wills and chores.

Another quality re-run..

Cowboy Junkies, Live in Liverpool UK.

Covering Neil Young's 'Helpless'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvy4jxqxbbc

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Plenty of info in the comments as well. Mahalo Buzz!
I'm saving radiation, and hormone suppression for future problems.
However, reading some of the comments has me re-evaluating that.
My last PSA test was a 29.4. Might be time for a PET/MRI scan.
I'll see what the doc has to say.

In other information, got my dreaded second jab for COVID.
The first made me feel exhausted for almost 48 hours,
The second had no side effects other than a sore arm.
Seems to be a crap shoot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.