What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

At this time, if it hasn't been clear to others, the herbal meds, supplements, cancer, psychological status, and more, has me handing control of my sleep schedule over to.... some consciousness other than -me-.

That said, this morning, after the startling waking experience of feeling like I was being suffocated, though I eventually tried to lay back down, I didn't sleep well after, and ended up staying awake.

It's a bit early to tell, but this might be round 2 or 3 of my body getting close to changing the order for sleep hours, energy for physical activity, and etc.

While I have been dizzy several times today when standing up, I never actually fell, only tipping part way sideways once or twice. Tested glucose at those times, thinking that might be it, but the numbers were all within normal range (*I test both hands when I do test, which might be once a week, once a day in crisis, once a month, or once every 6 months, depending on how I've been feeling. I usually involve one non-dominant finger in the center of each hand; sure enough, 111, and 115.. completely acceptable for a guy who sits on his ass most of the time, and ate a bit more today than the past 2 months worth of days.

I hope to never have that feeling of suffocation and insufficient O2 ever again; that was a bit frightening or at least disconcerting...

I'll have a fair bit more of my CBD flowers here as of Saturday or Monday, and with the purchase of another lb. or so beyond what I have here and what's coming Monday, soon, I should be set for CBD extract until 3-1/2 years out; keep the raw flowers multi-layered and sealed in the freezers, and process 2-3 months worth at a time. 5 years would feel a lot better, considering some of the changes in the wind, but, we'll get done what we can.

Time to eat some CBD flowers, then, in a while, some of my THC flowers. Maybe I'll be coherent, energized and awake long enough today to actually achieve something other than breathing and showering; we'll see?
----------------------------------------------------------
Fun story for the day; spoke with an old friend near Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada, via telephone this evening, and we discussed a number of issues, covering medical, families, 2020, and others.

There's a really good butcher shop in Whitehorse, YT. There used to be others, but small towns, glass ceiling economic circumstances, etc.

Anyway, this one place makes some of the better landjaeger; one of my and my friend's favorite sausages, which originate from the wooded hills and mountains between Switzerland and Germany. Shelf stable, typically cold-smoked and cold-cured 'hunter sticks' primarily made of beef and pork, requiring no refrigeration for months at a time. (We would consume many of his landjaeger or mine over the years, each of us sourcing our supplies from our preferred shop; mine being in Seattle, at Pike Place Market, in a German meat market there, known as Bavarian Meats. (Wonderful folks, btw)

Well, the place in Whitehorse, where my friend likes to buy his meats, and where we have been numerous times when we were over visiting and fishing, is a smaller private operation, doing limited production and processing, both commercial and custom.

Someone had brought the fellow some form of THC (in what form of extract or process I don't know right now), to have some THC-infused jerky made.

At this time I don't know how it came to pass, whether it was malicious, involving a disgruntled employee, or an accident, or folks getting sideways on the job, or (????), but, yep, you guessed it, the THC infused jerky accidentally (??) made its way to the local commercial meat markets, and approximately 10 purchases were made of the stuff in Whitehorse, and LOTS of the product consumed in short order (we all like smoked cured meat snacks, right?? Who here opens a pack of GOOD snack sausage and has ONE BITE??? :) ).

That was where the problems began, with at least one home's occupants believing they had been hit with CO poisoning, and all going to the hospital. Another couple or family reportedly had a 3-year-old. I didn't hear what that family did, believed, or felt

I was told that at this time, there's an apparent de facto divide on FB in Whitehorse; one group of persons wanting to know for sure if all the product has been pulled from shelves, one group wanting to know where they can get this stuff (It's been pulled from the shelves, the RCMP are investigating, no answers yet as to who, what, how, or why, other than for 'THC' and 'jerky,' and, sadly, the fear at this time is that this fellow who has done such a fine job with his butcher shop in Whitehorse, may or may not suffer some serious loss of business, due to trust issues and concerns of safety, quality control, etc.), and attitudes ranging from anger and distrust/betrayal, to substantial amounts of comedy..

I'm told there's lots of humor about 'grass-fed beef' in their social media recently.

Last edited:
G

It's become clear fairly early into this adventure that prostate cancer, especially when combined with other conditions, can cause changes to sleep, diet, energy, weight, and more, with causes to include the shift in diet, depression, some amount of natural nausea (intermittent) related to who knows(?), and other issues.

Today and tonight, gathering some resources along with some better energy, and including the belief that there are MANY things that either thwart, feed, or act indifferently with cancer/tumors.

We researched various drugs and their interactions with cancers at the outset.

Turns out that those of us eating the 81 mg children's and heart health aspirin for all these years, well, newer studies state that while these things do help some/many persons as a preventative staple where heart attacks are concerned, the conclusion is that the risks of ingestion outweigh the benefits. Cited were increased risks of internal bleeding, and, the clincher, men over 70 with prostate cancer who regularly ate the 81 mg aspirin each day, died earlier than those men over 70 with prostate cancer who didn't take the aspirin.

We also discussed the body changes that 1-3 months of significantly increased sleep can help to cause, especially when in conjunction with loss or reduction of appetite. Muscle mass or tone fades, and that's compounded by fat being burned for the decrease in food consumption, and possibly other issues.

So avoiding specific items that can boost the cancer growth rate, and ingesting more things that decrease cancer growth, or kill it, while also trying to get back on schedule for routine sleep and labor, as well as some sort of sustainable diet, and routine exercise sufficient to get my body stronger now.

It occurred to me when I took a Sudafed tab this evening, to prevent a repeat of the sinus panic from this morning, to begin the study of our routine foods, drugs, etc., and how they interact with the Big C. Sudafed shouldn't be taken regularly, as it can interfere in our sinus' using our own fluids, etc., to drain or cleanse themselves when needed. For those with prostate cancer, no real issue, but for those with BPH, a somewhat common, benign, enlarged prostate condition, the Sudafed can cause constriction to the area around or near the prostate, making it more difficult for those with BPH to more completely empty their bladders.

Then onto other things in our lives and C.

Anyway, as of tomorrow morning, no more 81 mg aspirin.

I've tried to mostly rely on chores or labor around the place for any sort of exercise, but the excessive sleep, and the rest of it, has me being in need of regaining some ground. I need to keep my body strong enough to battle cancer OR COVID. I know of folks who are seniors with cancer who beat COVID, but the body's got to be up to the task.

Anyway, onward into the Shop for those daily apologies to angry plants. They're on that list of 'daily routine changes coming soon,' too.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Whenever we learn something new, pick up a new skill, or modify our habits, the physical structure of our brain changes.

I reached into my Pocket and found that line above in an article titled: Why Do We Dream? A New Theory on How It Protects Our Brains

Thus, although dreams have long been the subject of song and story, they may be better understood as the strange lovechild of brain plasticity and the rotation of the planet.

:cathug:

Your brain is flexing.

G

I reached into my Pocket and found that line above in an article titled: Why Do We Dream? A New Theory on How It Protects Our Brains

:cathug:

Your brain is flexing.

If you could get ahold of it for me, buzz, please let it know that I heavily encouraged it to flex in another direction. These last few stretches were a bit much. :D

Seriously, laying down to sleep last night, or, more aptly, laying down last night to TRY to sleep, initially, I had a literal amplified conscious fear of a return to that experience of suffocation; that shit left a distinct mark.

The thought of letting chest and related muscles to get out of shape, sufficiently to interfere with expelling fluids from the lungs, knowing what that can feel like with a bad flu, then trying that on in the mind's eye where C-19 is concerned? Holy SHIT!! There was some amount of strange panic in those moments.

Anyway, this morning we're researching veggies and other resources for potassium levels. Some of the symptoms lately point to that, in a minor 'maybe' way. Of note; foods as sources of potassium are more difficult to do damage to one's self with excess K than if one is eating K in refined supplements. I deduced some time back that K for humans is like Boron for plants in a general sort of way, re amounts. Too much can screw 'em up pretty good, and too little can make them pretty darned unhappy.. But I guess that's true of many things.

Anyway, cooked spinach, pink beans, black beans, unsulfured apricots, and lots of other things are good sources for K.

Further research into the sulforaphane in broccoli sprouts, indicates it's being looked at for tx of MS & osteoporosis, as well as cancers and more.

Awakened this A.M. by an 8:00 phone call, from my wife's father. He and his significant other are house-sitting in Mexico some place. Apparently seniors who saved insufficiently for retirement (sounds familiar) now have circuits all over the continent, if not world, taking care of each others homes, and going without a permanent residence some of the time.

But who calls 2 days after New Year's eve to wish a Happy New Years at 8:00 A.M. on a Saturday, KNOWING there's sleep issues??!!

I'll chalk it up to old age (his, not mine.... well, maybe both..).

The point being, the indication yesterday that my body is signaling it's ready to get back on a normal diet and daily routine may be right; wasn't that ready to get back to sleep after the phone call, and took less time, with less resentment, to get to the place of accepting participation in yet another day.

-------------------------

Brandi Carlile doing a cover of Fleetwood Mack's 'The Chain'

Salmonstock, Live, 2013 (*cancelled for 2020 due to COVID-19)

Ninilchik, Alaska

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXgJKbz02bY
-------------------------
Brandi doing a cover of Elton John's 'Madman Across the Water'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynQp8c0XG4o

------------------------

That last one; lots of images of night time on a rural highway, handful of headlights, thumb raised or motor humming. A time-trigger tune, that one. :wave:

G

Last night and today, I used what I'd learned of the effects of cannabis smoke on lungs, airways, and specifically used my hashish to help to take away the annoying sense of a micro-layer of film in my lungs that had added to the panicked moment.

Both times the smoke (2-4 puffs each time) opened up the airways, or felt like it did, sufficiently that the sense of panic was better regulated, or seemed to be, by both the high (less stress), and the changes to the sense of airways getting access to O2.

Should have a blood-oxygen saturation meter here this afternoon/evening, to track what's going on when this occurs, just to make sure it's more perception than the crisis it initially felt like.

REO Speedwagon, Live

'Golden Country'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR8CnXn8LY0

Can't even remember how many times we saw these guys when we were youngsters.

Gary Richrath, dead for over half of a decade now, was always amazing; reportedly a self-taught guitar picker, he was.

Last edited:

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Hmmm, Been thinkin' .

Your suffocation dream may have been your first asthma attack.

Both my X and my present wife have asthma.
Before they started toking they had many ER needing episodes.
Used inhalers all day but still needed to hit the ER when it got life threatening.

As non-intuitive as it may sound, the cannabis smoking caused the asthma to go dormant for 40 years.
When she quit smoking for a pre-employment piss test, it came back.
Got the job, filled the pipe, and she's back to asthma free.:yay:

Lot safer than the inhalers, nebulizers, and earlier treatments.
In the '60s they sold Asthmador, which was shredded Belladonna leaf,

Came in a small tin and was rolled and smoked.

'cept some of us found that ingesting it caused hallucinations.
They took it off the market I think.

Hmmm, I'm gonna go see if it's still available. :)

Kidding, It's a dangerous substance. Contains Scopalamine and that can kill ya.

If asthma is what cause your breathing issue, I'd recommend inhaled cannabis smoke as a preventative. :D
But I'd also keep an inhaler on my nightstand. CYA.

And it looks like you are pulling out of the post diagnosis fog. Seein' you engaging in other threads again tells me that you are gonna be jus' fine.

Aloha,
Weeze

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
8fe0c03015080d884922f8cefdcac0c0.jpg

Well, whuddaya know? It's still around.

G

Hmmm, Been thinkin' .

Your suffocation dream may have been your first asthma attack.

Both my X and my present wife have asthma.
Before they started toking they had many ER needing episodes.
Used inhalers all day but still needed to hit the ER when it got life threatening.

As non-intuitive as it may sound, the cannabis smoking caused the asthma to go dormant for 40 years.
When she quit smoking for a pre-employment piss test, it came back.
Got the job, filled the pipe, and she's back to asthma free.:yay:

Lot safer than the inhalers, nebulizers, and earlier treatments.
In the '60s they sold Asthmador, which was shredded Belladonna leaf,

Came in a small tin and was rolled and smoked.

'cept some of us found that ingesting it caused hallucinations.
They took it off the market I think.

Hmmm, I'm gonna go see if it's still available. :)

Kidding, It's a dangerous substance. Contains Scopalamine and that can kill ya.

If asthma is what cause your breathing issue, I'd recommend inhaled cannabis smoke as a preventative. :D
But I'd also keep an inhaler on my nightstand. CYA.

And it looks like you are pulling out of the post diagnosis fog. Seein' you engaging in other threads again tells me that you are gonna be jus' fine.

Aloha,
Weeze

Thanks, Weez.

Yeah, no clue, horrid dream, mildly frantic sense of being, like there's a micro-film that can't be discarded, and the perceived sense of not receiving enough O2.

There was 1 time I was going to go under, swimming at a gravel pit, eating Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds, and despite being a pretty good swimmer and doing some scuba diving back then, I screwed up, had eaten lunch, was tripping, and when I knew I was declining in strength too quickly to make it across the pit, when I looked back to see where I had come from, it was the same distance. "OOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!"

Anyway, on that day, as my mouth and nose were beginning to go under, and I was surprisingly calmly calling to my former friend on shore, who was a trained lifeguard (always convenient to take along on a trip to a swim adventure with any serious intoxicating substance).

Anyway, as my breathing orifices were already too close to the water that day, and the real possibility of dying was misleading in intensity to the calm calling to Danny, my whole mind, vision, imagery, everything, literally, turned the color of green filter paper. I sensed then that the ways I did NOT want to pass away were oxygen deprivation of the sort brought by drowning, suffocation, etc., fire, and other panic-filled variants.

-----------------------------------------

My younger son brought home my oxygen saturation meter, and the pulse on it is more or less in agreement with the blood pressure monitor I used earlier; they both agree at 71 bpm. Good, per my history.

BP on the last throw was 109 (Not too bad at all!!! But the cheap, often-Asian-made blood pressure meters are definitely NOT quality lab equipment, but they give an idea), and my oxygen saturation level in my blood is supposedly ranging 92% to 96%. Not bad, but I'll repeat the statement about reliable lab equipment. On a good day in the past, using GOOD equipment at the hospital, my saturation is typically 1-3 points higher than the range I received from the new home test meter.

-----------------------------------------

Belladonna; memories of Stevie Nicks.

Yeah, there's as much sense of O2 deprivation from the sinuses, as from lungs and bronchia region. It's almost like there's an obstruction in the tissue that absorbs the O2 in all 3 places, but I am hoping, and to some degree, believing, that the 16% RH in the house right now, and/or maybe a reaction to all the new stuff and diet I'm ingesting routinely.

It didn't escape my notice that some of the Big Names in the 'cannabis as medicine' research, have referenced cannabinoids as heavily involved in regulating the body's autonomic and other functions, so the chills lately? Maybe. Craving oxygen? Who knows.

I mean we're dealing with substances, whether sulforaphane or cannabinoids being ingested at high volume, while the body and the ingested items are duking it out in there with a somewhat serious cancer, and I told myself, it's way more than a bit possible that there are unique changes, hazards, etc., for each individual with such massive changes.

Anyway, when I see or speak with my PCP Doc soon, I intend to put in a request for an inhaler to keep handy, and realized when this first occurred, and I was unsure of whether or not it might be some new allergic reaction, that I have an old unopened Epee Pen in the closet, and I believe that like many drugs, the expiration notices are typically fairly bogus. None the less, I have anther one of them on the way, as well.

The Marcus King Band, Live

Echo Sessions 61

Good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdNHvKVCtiY

Last edited:
G

I ate my CBD flowers earlier this afternoon, and then, a couple hours later, I ate the THC flowers. About an hour after chewing the THC flowers thoroughly and getting them down, I had the sensation of a mild tightening in the front right of my chest, and my sinuses were already slightly impacted.

Went up stairs, laid down for a bit, and the very mild tightness of stress in the chest remained for a bit, but then dissipated, and more or less went away.

I'm hesitant to take a light dose of Sudafed as an insurance of sorts, but think it might be best.

There's a possibility that this is the result f any one or more of 100 other factors/variables, but there have been limited coincidences now.

Wondering if maybe I shouldn't try to decarb some resin a friend offered me, and see if I can't mix that with cacao butter, lecithin, and coconut oil and load some caps or (???) with that, to see if the current unpleasant experiences continue?

I would really be bummed if I found out that consuming oil or such is not going to work with me, but maybe this is all a result of something else.

I guess every day offers up an opportunity to witness unanswered questions, and then decide if we want to take the time to answer them.

By the way, speaking of unanswered questions, where might I obtain a reasonably priced asthma inhaler device without a Rx? Or is a Rx mandatory. Just wondering of I truly need to spend the co-pay to see my primary care provider Doc to get an inhaler.

I'll check Google and some others in a moment.

G

Typed this earlier, but it seems even the Cosmos was becoming weary of the length of posts, as the post vanished onto the ethers, and at that time I didn't have the patience, etc., to retype it.

Anyway, though there was some pressured breathing last night and this A.M., especially sinuses, and the temporary tightening of the right side of the chest last night, I didn't use any Sudafed, though last night I found a joint of some test bud in the freezer that a friend in remote Alaska had given me to rate for hi, and I rolled a fat joint of that, taking about 4 big tokes before bed, thinking that there MIGHT be a different capacity to open up airways, when comparing sieved hashish to whole flower cannabis.

Woke up with the pressured effort still, and, as last night, flushed my sinuses with tap water several times, slowly diminishing the effort required to breath through my nose.

Not up as early as yesterday or the day before that, but I was also up a bit later last night.

Some discernible pressure, and, when compressed, such as one of our pups laying on my side when I'm laying down, it can go to a mild pain. I know the radiologist told me last year that I had gall stones related my liver/gall bladder. But now I wonder about the shadow the recent scans were unclear about on the back side of the pelvic bone, and the 'gall stones'. My wife asked me, "What if they missed something in the scans? You'd think they'd have seen anything in there, and I repeated to her the story pf a neighbor who had labs done, cancer was present, no one called him, and he remained unaware of the condition until he phoned the next year to make an appointment, and they were dismayed that no one had called him, and he hadn't begun any therapy or monitoring at that time; he lost at least one if not both testicles, and refused to sue the buggers. A bigger man than me in that regard..

So, does the medical profession sometimes miss things that are staring them in the face, and others pay the dues? EVERY DAY!

That's but ONE reason why you NEED to be your own advocate in these circumstances, and if possible (like on a non-COVID year) take a witness with you to appointments, have them witness your correspondence, TeleHealth meetings, etc. It'll still be a "He said, she said" case if the shit hits the fan, but at least you won't be alone in your testimony.

Anyway, I'm up, pills are down, lungs and the rest of it seem to be working OK for now, heads relatively clear, energy is up, Sun is setting now, so, here we go, finally completing the straggler chores... Maybe..

----------------------------------------------------

New Riders of the Purple Sage

(Cover) 'Friend of the Devil'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Lm7Z7YJiQ

G

A Radiologist 'found' my diseased kidney two years after the first Radiologist missed it. Otherwise could still have that kidney.
But fuckit! I 'm still alive and it is good.

G

A Radiologist 'found' my diseased kidney two years after the first Radiologist missed it. Otherwise could still have that kidney.
But fuckit! I 'm still alive and it is good.

Yep, lots of errors made, even by the best on occasion.

A friend used to be a big game guide, and folks who take those all-needs-provided trips, including remote access via small aircraft, guiding, meals, tents, etc, included, tend to be folks from Big Money.

That included a LOT of doctors, and while they ran the gamut, many had made themselves somewhat desensitized, possibly to protect themselves emotionally, or, quite possible that some of them were sociopaths to start with.

He's told me many a story about docs he guided for, who he held zero respect for, based on their own self-disclosures (and he's a fairly truthful person, as people go).

But there's lots of residual outcomes, potentially, when a person no longer cares for their clients or patients to the degree they ought to.

So I'll be asking my local primary care Doc if, while we're burning through a second year's deductible and max out-of-pocket expenses (those were all done as of 4 says ago, but.... New Year!!) if she doesn't mind ordering up an asthma inhaler (for emergencies), an Epee Pen for same, maybe some modafinil to help keep delirium at bay when it's pushing my head down, a follow-up scan for the previously dx'ed 'gall stones,' and.... if they have some time on their hands, maybe a cappuccino, close to a 'classic European' on the frothed milk.. :biggrin:

Most of that last paragraph was serious, I just figure while I'm seriously going out of my way to knock out the max. expenditures, I figure they should value my presence..... and be thorough in their examination.

I'd hate like a bugger to find out down the road that the 'gall stones' were actually an earlier adventure by my own personal cancer.

I think in the end, the old adage about "2 heads being better than one" (or, if it involves well-respected Docs, maybe 6 or 8 heads are better than one. :)
-----------------------------------------------
Meant to mention this morning (did in the post that went to the ethers) that the mild presence of pressured breathing last night had me decide to try rolling a joint, wondering if smoking whole flowers would be more effective for opening airways in the lungs and such, than hashish I tried the night before had been..

I'm not any where near ready to make any conclusive statements about which worked better, until I have need to try both many more times. Not that I'm hoping for the opportunity; I am most certainly NOT.
------------------------------------------
NRPS

Full Concert, 10/31/1975

Kicking it off with 'Panama Red.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13H7WK5Yx84

G

The article linked here:

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/1...s-disruptive-passenger-over-facemask-dispute/

... gives me pause, re. the upcoming flights to Seattle.

Woman flying from Alaska with terminal illness, gets booted for wearing a better mask than the agents who were present wanted to permit her to wear.

Humans.

I think on the list of stuff I need to do before this first upcoming flight, I'd better add speaking with some airport and airlines folks, making certain that we all understand each other re. my masks.

Edit: Another article about the incident, but with a tiny bit more info (unless I missed it in the 1st link's article).

https://viewfromthewing.com/termina...aring-too-much-personal-protective-equipment/

Near the bottom of the article at this link, is a pic of a gentleman on an aircraft, wearing a 'body pod,' which some airlines have formally banned, along with body-worn portable ozone generators, and some other interesting stuff.

Another moment of reinforcement of mediocrity, and persons with too much power, and too little common sense. imo

Gry

The article linked here:

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/1...s-disruptive-passenger-over-facemask-dispute/

... gives me pause, re. the upcoming flights to Seattle.

Woman flying from Alaska with terminal illness, gets booted for wearing a better mask than the agents who were present wanted to permit her to wear.

Humans.

I think on the list of stuff I need to do before this first upcoming flight, I'd better add speaking with some airport and airlines folks, making certain that we all understand each other re. my masks.

Edit: Another article about the incident, but with a tiny bit more info (unless I missed it in the 1st link's article).

https://viewfromthewing.com/termina...aring-too-much-personal-protective-equipment/

Near the bottom of the article at this link, is a pic of a gentleman on an aircraft, wearing a 'body pod,' which some airlines have formally banned, along with body-worn portable ozone generators, and some other interesting stuff.

Another moment of reinforcement of mediocrity, and persons with too much power, and too little common sense. imo
Can't help but notice the guy with the body pod was in first class.

As I was reading about how the woman was treated, could not help but think the airline clearly demonstrated exactly how concerned they were about everyone's welfare with that kind of behavior.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
ME, i had the symptoms you describe ie tight chest right side that increasingly worsened over 3 or 4 days when my gall was infected. the gall bladder was removed and i remember the pictures of it that the doctor revealed looked suspiciously like cancer although he never admitted doing a biopsy for.
it was difficult to breath at first and then proceeded to a point i thought was indigestion from eating too many grapes...and then full blown pain that if not on my right side would have indicated heart attack.
could you think of entertaining the possibility of a panic attack causing the breathing irregularity? we are witnessing in real time your stressors accumulating....
have you firmed up your itinerary for the coming seattle visit?

have you hopes of bringing the current cbd/thc etc. therapeutics on your flights?
just spitballing here.
best trich

G

ME, i had the symptoms you describe ie tight chest right side that increasingly worsened over 3 or 4 days when my gall was infected. the gall bladder was removed and i remember the pictures of it that the doctor revealed looked suspiciously like cancer although he never admitted doing a biopsy for.
it was difficult to breath at first and then proceeded to a point i thought was indigestion from eating too many grapes...and then full blown pain that if not on my right side would have indicated heart attack.
could you think of entertaining the possibility of a panic attack causing the breathing irregularity? we are witnessing in real time your stressors accumulating....
have you firmed up your itinerary for the coming seattle visit?

have you hopes of bringing the current cbd/thc etc. therapeutics on your flights?
just spitballing here.
best trich

Spitball away, trich. Every thing that might crack some sunlight into ideas I haven't yet thought of, are welcome, and receiving door prizes upon arrival.

I had another attack this AM at 4:00. In some ways different than the first more acute attack, but all too similar. This one had me panicked enough that I puked; ever the OCD guy, I was calculating when I last ate any cannabis or pills/supplements, doing some fast mental calculations on whether I was going to forfeit what I'd eaten if/when the whole ordeal finally climaxed.

At that point, I applied a nose strip (opens sinuses; first time ever using), took ONE of the same Sudafed tabs from several nights ago, did a hit on a pipe with some scissor hash, as well as another hit or 3 on a pipe with some of my sieved pressed hash, tried to calm myself down a bit, an watched the O2 meter on my finger.

Oxygen readings said my lungs and blood were decent air, though 2 times it fluttered at 88% & 89%, upping the concern a bit, despite those numbers being decent, too. Mostly ranged from 90 to 98%

I repeatedly remind myself that the O2 meters, the glucose meters, and a whole ton of use-at-home medical devices, are not even in the same ball park as medical lab equipment, where quality, accuracy, and price are concerned. We're sometimes basing decisions re. defining the depth of crisis, using equipment built by the lowest bidder, in a place with no worker protections to speak of, with components cranked out as fast as the line can run, and we receive the accuracy we were willing to pay for, or could afford.

Ended the whole panic moment in dry heaves, and my weeping a bit, apologizing to my wife for waking her up yet again, when she had to work today (from the house, but a LOT of work she does).

So, I phoned my primary Doc, and have a laundry list of things I need from her; inhaler Rx for emergencies, possibly a low-dose benzodiazepine such as Ativan (because I'm convinced there's at least a moderate 'panic component' to these occurrences. And I can guaran-god-damned-tee that the article before bed time, re the 75 y.o. woman, played a role, and when the panic sets in, the thing is cyclical until I can get it wrapped up better), another scan for the gall bladder (to make sure that collection of 'gall stones' were, in fact, gall stones), and maybe a letter on clinic letter head, with some specific threats of immediate cannibalism if someone screws with me for wearing masks of my type on their plane.

In short, I think there's more than a bit of merit to your inquiry re. panic attacks. Add the very low RH in the house, which likely contributes to not only the obvious, dry sinuses and airways, but inflamed sinuses, thus closing the passages even more.

Phoned around, and for about $20 I can add a sizable Lexan or similar safety face shield to my COVID-19 air travel accessorizing

Frankly, I wondered if the airline's aversion involved a marketing concern; they are desperately trying to sell the safety of air travel, to arrest the free-fall their bottom line has been in for the last 10 months, and while they were willing to block seats for a time (ending January 7th), someone dressed like they're doing clean-up at the Exxon Valdez doesn't exactly reflect a status of "All's well!", so I'm guessing there was some of that, s well as the deafness that can sometimes come with power in positions f authority, and the gate attendant didn't hear a damned word the older passenger woman uttered.

I did wonder, "Geez, if they were willing to use all that assertive force on a 75 year old woman who was simply trying to remain healthy, what will they do to a gruff looking bastard like me, wearing a black lather jacket?"

I'll find out soon enough; I have a Telehealth meeting with one hospital tomorrow afternoon, via computer, and my flight down to Seattle for the other clinic, will be the Wednesday after this, the 13th, which is also the row I'm sitting in, btw.. It just keeps getting better and better, on all levels, doesn't it!!!) :D

After that, the next consultation I have scheduled is a Telehealth or Doxy mtg., over the computer, but not until the 1st part of February., and I'm asking myself numerous times if this is putting it off too long, and if I find a Doc whose demeanor, skill sets, words, etc., sit well with me, that maybe I might consider cancelling the last consult or (?), and moving on this sooner, rather than waiting until February. AT some time in the near future, by hook or by crook, I want these squatter cells, where ever and what ever they may be, removed from my body... Like yesterday.

I'm left thinking of what I have said for many years. Murphy has a truly shitty and cruel sense of humor, and if I ever meet the conniving bastard, I'll probably mar my karma further. :biggrin:

G

Can't help but notice the guy with the body pod was in first class.

As I was reading about how the woman was treated, could not help but think the airline clearly demonstrated exactly how concerned they were about everyone's welfare with that kind of behavior.

Yep, money and status play a role in all kinds of life's aspects these days.

Earlier in this whole sordid viral affair, I had envisioned such an outfit, and contemplated the use. Apparently it's not decorated with sufficient martyrdom or vulnerability for the average low-hanging bureaucrats. :)

The article reminded me of my old analogy or metaphor re. what happens when you take a Pfc and put them in charge the blankets & linen closet in the barracks; you can guarantee LOTS of guys are cold that night. 'Power and people' has always been a construct that tends to show the true nature of many of us.

On a brighter note, though it might not keep me safe from COVID in public, and despite each case being unique, between my childhood hippie buddy in the Eastern Mid-West, who survived horrid late stage bladder cancer, and lost lots of internal parts and pieces, as well as life activities in his cancer ordeal, and another acquaintance of great character and reputation, who was a part of the hippie school I attended in Canada, who had prostate cancer in 2005 and whipped it, I have added 2 more persons (although one was not prostate cancer, per se'), to the list of persons generously willing to be resources as guides of sort.

And in both their cases, in their own ways, they succeeded. The one in the Eastern Mid-West has lost a LOT of things that we attribute to being part of quality of life, but he's also a survivor more than many I know, so e's fine with where he landed.

Another day, errands to run, primary Doc for a hit-list of 10 things tomorrow at early morning, a face shield to procure in town, some groceries for my family, the energy efficient dryer duct needs done still (did the air handler's filters last night finally, as well as finishing setting the lights in the south cabinet, so I can get that happening, and clean the other cabinets and cupboards), and straighten out a missing check payment to the local specialty Doc.

If nothing else, major illnesses sure have the capacity to fill in an otherwise boring calendar, no? :)

G

Phoned 'customer care' at Alaska Airlines, and they wouldn't comment at all on the issue with the 75 y.o. woman posted above.

When I asked for clarification re. the masks and configuration I use, she would not say yes or no, likely due to liability, denied there was any method to leave notes in my file re. current tickets (I'm pretty sure that's BS, as I've left notes before when I needed assistance re. flights to California for MRIs maybe 8 years ago), and when asked for specific restrictions re. types of masks, etc., she would not say what the criteria are, but rather referred me to a fairly well-informed web page, but which didn't answer specific questions, such as, American Airlines doesn't permit vented masks, but WILL, if you're wearing a surgical or similar mask over the exhale port(s), which is precisely what we do.

Who'd have thought there'd come a time that American Airlines had greater common sense than Alaska Airlines?

So, having put out most brush fires here that I needed to resolve before today's errand run, I'm headed in to obtain a face shield, some ported N95s (I gifted the last 7 we had here to a person who has helped me and been very generous), and some groceries, maybe.

But if they won't allow my ported P100 under a surgical mask and shield, they likely won't appreciate my ported N95, either. Meanwhile, they've been broadcasting the world over for 6 or 7 months about how they are valuing their passengers' health, but they boot them off for being safe beyond minimum... I'll cease that editorial there, as anything I have to say beyond this would likely simply be that much more caustic toward persons who value bureaucracy over logic and common sense.

Seeing my Doc tomorrow about a scan for cancer in the pancreas and liver, a sedative, inhaler, partridge in a pear tree, and what ever else, to include a 'Fuck You' letter for the gate agents at the airport.

There!! Now I'm mentally geared up for town!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts