What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzmobile

Veteran
You did radiation, if I recall, buzz, correct?
Yes, EBRT
How long was your tx again?
I think it was 45 treatments. M-F for 9 weeks
Pain after procedure?
No pain
Time involved until normal bowel and bladder processes?
I never had bowel issues. My bladder issues were frequent and urgent urination. I kept a jar in the car for those times I was stuck in traffic on my way for treatment.
Time until normal sexual function?
Sexual function was never affected.
Prosthetics or chemistry required for normal sexual activity or was it strictly non-spontaneous post-surgery?
Nothing more than being a horny old goat.;)

As with all things anecdotal... your mileage may vary.

G

As with all things anecdotal... your mileage may vary.

Thanks buzz.

One of the more unnerving aspects of most things medical, is that every person, every condition, etc., is unique. But knowing where the beginning and end are, of what ever the more common ranges on the continuum are, can provide some degree of sense of security, even if it's just loose contrast..

I guess I forgot to include in the questions;

How old were you when diagnosed??

How long between diagnosis and treatment?

How many Docs before you decided? (Yes, you likely answered that several times in these pages).

Time to water my deprived mothers, brush my teeth, and stare at the backs of my eye-lids until sleep sets in.

We were going to transfer fuel oil this afternoon/evening, but somewhat similar to the tx options and pushing the ball forward, Mother Nature decided to let the snow continue on into the evening, so I decided to transfer fuel oil Christmas eve.... which I guess we're into Christmas Eve Day, as I type this now.

Take care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCFDBi6R2Qc

buzzmobile

Veteran
How old were you when diagnosed??
How long between diagnosis and treatment?
Uncertain, but I think 3-4 months.
How many Docs before you decided? (Yes, you likely answered that several times in these pages).

We are awaiting a strong cold front today. Tornado watch and a slight chance of snow with Christmas morning low predicted @30F.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8pQBh2PNeU
The woodstove is ready to crank tomorrow morning.

G

Having come to resent waking up many mornings, I am, none the less, managing to begin modifying a sleep pattern that had been nothing if not out of control.

So it was this A.M., when, much to my surprise, the telephone rang on Christmas Eve morning, and it was the 1st-choice clinic in Seattle, but a different person, and a different Doc who had not been quite as regarded as the other 2 there I had written, but was still on that stellar list of the top 20.

I have an appointment for an in-person consultation with the Doc in reference in about 3 weeks, and I may try to work it out to meet with other Docs at the other 2 or 3 resources while I'm down there.

Rooms at the Inn in the hospital are reportedly sanitized in between guests, and it's possible I can get a room that has been remodeled, and therefore, hasn't had anyone in it in a while... making it that much safer. And the rooms were at decent rates.

Rooms also don't have shared air circ between them, so that's cool; even less risk of shared contamination.

Same-same for the Limo service, I was told; dividers and disinfected, and a flat-rate to and from the airport, to boot.

So I guess now once the nausea clears, my head is a bit more focused, and correspondence is complete, I need to make some reservations, and cross my fingers again.

G

By the way, a maybe-helpful tip to anyone else trying to mitigate nausea.

I had in increased sense of nausea at pill time, so I determined to remove 1 supplement or vitamin at a time, and if no changes, put that one back in its spot in the schedule and remove the next suspected source.

I moved a 65 mg dose of iron from A.M. to P.M. (an un-Godly looking purplish pill, better suited to coloring Easter eggs than augmenting human nutrition) due to knowing there was already a lesser source of possible nausea, and as of yesterday, there was a notable decline to the sense of nausea.

Yet another moment of successes.

Now, for an aircraft ticket and a room in Seattle..

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
that sounds promising!
was that Sloan Kettering?

which modality were you considering best for your circumstance?

G

that sounds promising!
was that Sloan Kettering?

which modality were you considering best for your circumstance?

Sent you a PM, trich.

I'm more than willing to tell you and others info, but not wanting to toss too many bread crumbs on the proverbial ground.

Yes, I feel a combination of some degree of relief (though not knowing what they may say until I get there sucks a bit), and a degree of anxiety re. the exposure risks re. Viral realities.

:trampoline:

G

Thanks trich.

As a tiny feller, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, and Harry Belafonte were frequently on my home's giant console stereo. Back in the days when stereo and television equipment was so large that it literally came as a piece of furniture.

Anyway, I'm almost set; air mile tickets down and back for the appointment(s), time(s) set. Returning the next night, just in case they decide they want me to meet with others.

Now to make sure they have a CLEAN room for me at the Inn that evening, and that the town Car services are available to be booked for my times.

I've been a bargain hunter thousands of times over, and my research has saved me and others thousands of dollars for looking first, instead of leaping impulsively, but putting together bargain cancer treatment expeditions, I think, is a new gig for me.... Maybe a natural. Who knows? Future occupational calling?

How's that for optimism? I actually spoke in reference to some degree of certainty that I'll be here? Did someone spike my coffee??

Time to call the hotel at the hospital and see if there's "room at the Inn." And arrange for a town car.

Sorry, I think it's a Christmas thing..

I'm either going way out of my way to get infected with COVID-19, or maybe this will provide answers and outcomes I need or want.
--------------------------------------
And for the forum member I was told of who is overseas, and contending with multiple types of cancer, fretting finding resources due to your unique predicament, please feel free to write, post, what ever. We don't know each other, but from just the brief experience I have with this (nothing compared to some members), I can assure you that seldom have I felt more powerless or hopeless at times. So don't be a stranger.

If nothing else, we can find good gallows humor laughing at the irony in each of our challenges. ;)

G

Points beneath my avatar indicate 'moose eater has a brilliant future'.

Why am I paying Docs good money, again??? Seems the future is already known.

G

Logistical hurdles are defeated. Room, appointment(s), flights, etc. all concluded.

Now I have a limited time frame to see how many Docs and clinics on my preferred list can be seen and resolved in the 2 days I'm in the Emerald City.

Serious question. I'm currently still eating decarbed flowers, and being fairly diligent about that, as well as broccoli sprouts. Are the airlines (specifically MY airline and/or TSA still turning a blind eye to cannabis in carry-ons?

I know there's ample weed stores in downtown Seattle, but I'd rather take what I have with me, that I know more about, and which is already here, without encountering any friction at the airport that might cause me to be late.

shithawk420

Veteran
I thought it was a federal offense to carry pot on a Plane.of course I don't know any new laws.i know at Ohare and Midway in Chicago they have specific garbage containers for pot to throw away before you board the plane.i don't know how it all works but I'd like to be the janitor that cleans those bins! Lol either way best of luck moose!

G

I thought it was a federal offense to carry pot on a Plane.of course I don't know any new laws.i know at Ohare and Midway in Chicago they have specific garbage containers for pot to throw away before you board the plane.i don't know how it all works but I'd like to be the janitor that cleans those bins! Lol either way best of luck moose!

When I flew to Washington State 2-1/2 to 3 years ago, weed in luggage was being ignored by TSA.

But any time you have less-than-formal policies, they can change with the wind, which was why I asked.

SeaTac had a formal airport policy, and while I'm not certain in my recollection, I want to say you could either have 1 oz., 2 oz. or 100 grams in possession at SeaTac, per the person who was, at that time, in charge of the SeaTac Airport PD.

The biggest uncertainties back then were being generated by those who were pushing the envelope, and there were apparently persons contracting minors to drop off larger suitcases, in one case, close to 100 sealed lbs.

With that kind of excesses afoot, all policies are likely up for review.

Anyway, thanks, and take care, 'hawk. Hope you have a good Christmas.

G

Yes, quite an Essay!

Well you sound alright to me. Being able to picture one self in dirty diapers shows high degree of Fate-acceptance.
And trying to find this post I saw you sometimes speak to Weez on the phone. Probably no one better to talk to in this circumstance.Bye for now ...

I use the word magic rarely (as you surmised) and often in quotes. not a believer in magic, other than sometimes as a metaphor for persons who are highly skilled, engaging in some feat that few to no others could pull off; that's a form of 'magic' in my world.

Otherwise, while being a Doubting Thomas, I am more of a realist than most persons I know. I have the optimism, of a hopeful child inside, but rarely let it run free.

The best solutions to problems, imo, are those that take into account the entirety of a situation, good, bad, or ugly, and includes mental or other schematics on what can go wrong at any moment, where, why, how, and who.. etc.

In short, if solutions don't include the totality of reality, they're apt to fall on their ass.

That said, there are times that novel approaches or solutions can take on an air of 'magic,' only in that they are sometimes so obvious or illuminating, that I end up slapping myself in the proverbial forehead as I surprise myself at how often I/we can miss obvious variables or answers.

Re. unfinished business, that can incorporate any number of topics; unfinished business with persons who have passed on leaves persons with baggage and conflict for which they will need more creative resolve to end, and so forth.

In that regard, I believe you may have been referencing my brief mention of my 2 older kids setting themselves up for similar outcomes... But we all know that American young adults and adolescents have the inside scoop on all of life's mysteries, so there's nothing in that trap for them to avoid... unless we talk to them 5 to 20 years after I'm cold rotting tissue in the ground, and they can no longer holler anything approaching witty or effective come-backs, cause I'm in a place where I don't give a rat's ass.

Other than for that, my social circles are intentionally shrunken, and have been for 2-3 years or longer now. Most of the generalized patterns our species possesses in terms of social or group behaviors, leaves them/us as a species to be wary of; not 100% across the board, and not with substantial individual exceptions, but in general, we're a mixed bag, as critters go.

So I have the 3-6 persons I can typically speak with socially, across the globe, whom I can phone, and talk about weather, death, dying, fishing, weed, etc.

Beyond that, more often than ever before in my life, some of the times that I receive incoming phone calls, and I'm attempting to rest, trying to keep my skin, brain, and body together in one place, and not leave a silhouette of my torso's outline in a hole in the ceiling from blasting off into outer space from tension and concerns, as the stress simmers to the point that I can feel my skin popping, and feel like my insides are going to explode graphically, and I tell my wife in non-verbal language to tell who ever is on the phone that I'm asleep.

Long ago I came to the conclusion that having 2 or 3 real friends, who -are- -real- friends, beats the snot out of social media, pretend concern, disingenuousness, or a multiplying of lesser-engaged ears and minds, which often accompanies a lessening of sincerity and an increasing of presence of inflated ego, re. the motivations for the dialogue.

That's led me to a place that I believe, where social membership is involved, that "Less is more."

This thread, aside from reaching out for information for myself and a fair bit of venting or pressure relief of sorts, (and I'm FAR from concluded in gathering all the information I need), will also serve as a disjointed resource, so that if some other poor motherfucker finds that, after they're diagnosed, they're sleeping like a marathon slumber competition is happening, they've lost their strength or desire/will to do those things that will help them to get as better as they can, lost their appetite, are having to flounder through abrupt changes to various aspects of lifestyle, and they're caught in the questionable conclusion of that they're going nuts, and this is unique to them, they can rest in some degree of twisted relief, knowing that there's other disturbed desperado bastards out here that did the same dance they are now consumed by, and that there are solutions for SOME of us, not all, but -some-, where we MAY get back our function, not need to forfeit the joys of life or sex, and not need to embarrass ourselves into old age, filling adult diapers with urine or feces, as people move away from us on buses, or in stores, because we smell funny.

Maybe this isolated thread, in the medical section of a weed site, will be where someone finds out that Docs sometimes/often don't know everything, and when their depressing prognoses makes a person want to put a bullet up-side their own temple, and cover their head with the blankets, feeling like no matter how warm a room is they're cold, and praying to die because there's no hope on the horizon.... they'll realize they're not quite so alone and hopeless, though there's no promises in any of this, other than eventually we pass on... and the System will want money from us for that.

My/our findings, in this thread and elsewhere, is that some Docs are full of shit, and their attitudes, skills, knowledge, and presentation, might be the difference between a patient putting too much stock in what the insensitive healthcare provider uttered without thinking, and deciding to shorten their suffering a'la the Jack Kevorkian model, versus knowing from research, other patients, better Docs, etc., that the negative BS being pushed by Docs who should've -stopped- being Docs the first time they let their own personal BS and burn-out destroy a patient's will to keep going, is not necessarily reality or truth..

That was quite an essay re. your couple of notes, Teddy, but that's a minor glimpse of what's going on in my brain for too long now.

G

Yes, quite an Essay!

Well you sound alright to me. Being able to picture one self in dirty diapers shows high degree of Fate-acceptance.

And trying to find this post I saw you sometimes speak to Weez on the phone. Probably no one better to talk to in this circumstance.

Bye for now ...

G

Yes, quite an Essay!

And trying to find this post I saw you sometimes speak to Weez on the phone. Probably no one better to talk to in this circumstance.

Bye for now ...

Thanks.

At this time, Weez and I have never spoken on the telephone, though I can access him via the site.

There was an option for phone connections, but that has not yet been necessary. But that might change at some point in the future.

That said, there's been a variety of behind-the-scenes help from numerous persons.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Have not even tried to call my friend.

Remembering the shock of my diagnosis I'm not about to risk waking you.
That was the one place where things were still OK.
In bed, asleep.
I went through the denial, the suicidal thoughts, the deep depression.
Slept >12 hours per day for the first month.
That was a blessing. Gave me the strength to finally say no. I will not die from this. Switched to >12 hours per day of research.
Found the same facts that you did. Conventional treatments offer little but hope for future developments.

Then a dear friend gave me the Simpson oil DVD.

I laughed and asked him if I looked that stupid.
Said "I have been a pothead for 50 years. If Cannabis actually treats cancer, how did I get it in the first place?
He's a good friend, so he just smiled and said, "what have you got to lose?"

You are handling this way mo' betta than I did.
That tells me that you will survive and even possibly have a brilliant future. :)

When you are ready to do an extraction. I'll be available, but considering your experience, you won't need much advice.

Just finished a run here. Most of this year's crop is now oil.
So, I have plenty of spare time.

Also, if you see value in sharing any of our PM discussions, feel free.

But right now, I'm actually too "medicated" to type.
So, Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night.

to bed.gif

G

Have not even tried to call my friend.

Remembering the shock of my diagnosis I'm not about to risk waking you.
That was the one place where things were still OK.
In bed, asleep.
I went through the denial, the suicidal thoughts, the deep depression.
Slept >12 hours per day for the first month.
That was a blessing. Gave me the strength to finally say no. I will not die from this. Switched to >12 hours per day of research.
Found the same facts that you did. Conventional treatments offer little but hope for future developments.

Then a dear friend gave me the Simpson oil DVD.

I laughed and asked him if I looked that stupid.
Said "I have been a pothead for 50 years. If Cannabis actually treats cancer, how did I get it in the first place?
He's a good friend, so he just smiled and said, "what have you got to lose?"

You are handling this way mo' betta than I did.
That tells me that you will survive and even possibly have a brilliant future. :)

When you are ready to do an extraction. I'll be available, but considering your experience, you won't need much advice.

Just finished a run here. Most of this year's crop is now oil.
So, I have plenty of spare time.

Also, if you see value in sharing any of our PM discussions, feel free.

But right now, I'm actually too "medicated" to type.
So, Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night.

View attachment 555543

Thanks, Weez.

Not sure I'm going to beat this, but there's a shot.

Explanations can cover the specifics of cases, but leave out the mysteries as to why 2 persons have the same disease, similar/same severity, and one makes it, and one doesn't.

But, with access to Seattle's elite clinics, the lights got a bit brighter.

I've found corroborating statements form other forum members and pros in the literature; seems that my perception of eating decarbed flowers and the effects being both long in expressing themselves, but stout upon arrival, and to some extent, having a distinctly different effect than canna butter OR smoking; to some extent, somewhat like a stimulant buzz <which is a part of the reason I was tossing and turning 'til about 4:00 or 4:30 this morning>.

One concern I have now is getting on the stick to get some clones happening from my ^THC moms, after I bring them back to some semblance of reasonable, cloneable health.

Thankfully the 12-15 or even 16 hours/day I was sleeping most days for the last 2 months, is coming to slowly to less and less hours, though getting it to work with a sane schedule is still tough. Either at the mercy of the cannabis I eat, or the concerns re. family.

I need, very soon, to get my moms into gear, get them cloned again, and get sufficient production happening that I don't run out of ^THC cannabis before it's ready for harvest.. I've eaten about 2/3 of my first jar of high THC flowers, and another 2/3+ of the CBD flowers.

I can order up another half-lb. or lb. of ^CBD flowers via the licensed source I used recently, but THC is another matter. Likely reserve the space and numbers I have for the THC flowers for that reason alone.

Anyway, sleep well, Weez. Thanks for all of your help, as well as others'.

From 'The Last Waltz'

'I Shall Be Released'

The Band, Dylan, Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, and many, many more. Winter Land, and The Band's last live show (and Lp).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBACxgvrCGo

and, equally powerful and nostalgic,

George Harrison and Leon Russell, the would be infamous 'All-Star Dead Band' to some degree, at the Concert for Bangladesh, long, long ago (still have it on cassette).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7jN08RQGnM

G

In the continuing tug-of-war between all things righteous, Murphy, the Cosmic Joke with a sinister twist, and, I suspect, John Belushi (serving time in purgatory), the potential long-term outcome of the bizarre anti-vaping bill that seems to have been less-than-thoughtfully attached to the Omnibus Funding Bill for the Nation (US), was brought to my attention by someone reading the article from Reason Magazine, which -seems to draw greater or larger conclusions than other advocacy groups noted.

None the less, with certain political creatures apparently intent on making CBD products more difficult to obtain through conventional shipping means than before, and the other party believing we're in the beginnings of the long-awaited anti-canna storm led by Pfizer, through Pelosi's office, I cringed, looked at the unpaid, soon-to-be paid $2,000 in medical bills on my computer desk, dialed up my source for CBD hemp flowers, and scored a reasonable to good deal on 2 lbs. of 22.6% CBD raw hemp flower.

I figure I need to have sufficient access to CBD flowers for a 3-4 years period, and if there's a shit-ton left in extract or flower form when I pass, next month, or 20 years from now, who ever is here to receive it will also receive some instructions re. what to do, where, and with who, should their symptoms for related issues ever present themselves.

I think back on being a lowly hitch-hiker, occasionally doing 'the dirty' and taking advantage of produce when I was along-side some hwy in N. America, where there would often be fresh and AMAZING produce; apples, cherries, etc.

Some place out there, are some HUGE hemp fields. Nope, they're not as tasty as apples, but I can't eat many apples any more anyway, so... Now it's an attractive image to ponder.

Leon Russell, ... on Letterman.

More amazing nostalgic talent.

"Some gotta' win, some gotta' lose....." (Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues; 2nd tune in the link with letterman's broadcast)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIpYRjnpGjQ

Bless Leon Russell, and those who paved part of our way here.

Edit: Sorry, but this came up shortly after the Letterman clip, and.... WOW!!! I miss dimly lit rooms, Leon Russell, a basement room's quiet, and ... peace with fewer immediate unknowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bwMqliLXZQ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts