What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Found out I had cancer when a kidney went septic on me
after a tumor had killed it in 2002. Told me after the
surgery, that the cancer (clear cell) had "escaped the margins".

The modern health care industry has such wonderful euphemisms.

I thought only old school typewriters "escaped margins."

Did you ask if they were capable of recapturing it, and putting it back in its cage/margins? :D

G

m.e.
No offence taken. My understanding is that you are open to any input, but I apologize if I took you off task, nuff said
Blessings to you and yours.

My thinking is that if there's a way to achieve what I need to achieve, with fewer hurdles, then I'm ABSOLUTELY all ears/eyes.

My ability to screen valid from suspicious information is hindered by my own lack of education in this and other areas.

And my ability to learn, and even more so, retain new and/or complex information, is not getting batter with either maladies or aging.
---------------------------------------
Saw a fairly serious wreck on the way home this evening, following some of my final errands and supply-gathering for this effort.

Looked like dark elongated images laying on the ice and snow in the highway, with the road temporarily closed for the mishap.

Lots of police/Trooper and fire equipment/personnel present, along with 2 ambulances arriving after I got there. Both ambulances left with their lights off, telling me that either the injury/injuries were marginal, or the corpse(s) was/were in no rush to get any place.

Thought for a moment that maybe one vehicle looked like my older son's that he'd gotten from me; it was not.

The issues with the current diagnosis, and reminders all around re. the temporary and fragile nature of life, seem to come together in thought streams too often. And my patience is shorter for it all.

It's all a natural part of the life cycle, but I'd hope we have greater control over when we get on this merry-go-round, and when we exit, and the quality of the ride in between.

But then, I've hoped for a lot of shit over the years..

Last edited:

Gry

I had a link to a good how-to for citric acid decab but it went 404,
I found this it's pretty similar:
https://cannapedia.me/citric-acid-extraction/

The original write up was written by badkittysmiles, this is the same content.

A wonderful gift to us all.

https://maryhelentestkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/09/herbal-extracts-via-citric-acid.html?m=1

I have done a partial heat decarb before blending, gonna give it a go without the heat, my past experience it takes 5-7 days at room temp. As I stated earlier, gotta watch the moisture content before putting in caps

Gotta give credit where credit is due, GRY turned me on to this method. Thanks!!! :wave:

One post I saw stated adding the citric acid to alcohol used for extraction, this method also took about 9 days to decarb, might be worth doing a test run.

Have Fun!
Not sure what happened to the original entry, seemed to have pulled it down for a while. More recently, a new one is up in it's place:

buzzmobile

Veteran
Well.. <long pause, telling as to results>, last evening, after placing the 3 Blue Dream clones into a mother cupboard, indeed there was evidence of flyers (need to trap some to say definitively if they are thrips or fungus gnats, but those are my 1st 2 guesses for the flyers), but also a critter I've never seen before in MY house (*I believe I've seen it in some of my pest books), looking like a smaller shiny centipede of sorts. Silver fish?? Maybe 3/4" long, fast-moving, and definitely stream-lined 'pede' type of critter.

"And so it goes..." :tiphat:

Your description of "a smaller shiny centipede of sorts" sounds like a symphylan. It is not a friend.
Garden Symphylans

The fliers are most likely going to be fungus gnats or root aphids. Fungus gnats are easier to control.

A tip of the hat to Mr. Vonnegut:good:

G

Not sure what happened to the original entry, seemed to have pulled it down for a while. More recently, a new one is up in it's place:

I have a lb. or so of citric acid on-hand, from the health food store, from this last later summer.

I'd intended to try their finer food-grade granules (more or less in powder form), in place of the 'Natural Down' citric acid granules I'd been using to adjust H2O ph in feed and watering, with Natural Down costing a WHOLE lot more.

So with the plentiful stash I have on-hand here, including a variety of hash from previous efforts' trim, it wouldn't notably deplete anything to make a small effort at this method.

Eventually I want to have THC oil from decarbed material, to match to similar mg of CBD oil, until such time as the Blue Dream is ready, or some other option is available.

I just took the last cannabis extract in olive oil capsule a handful of minutes ago.

There's a whole (nearing ancient), very potent, dark chocolate w/walnuts brownie in the freezer, sweetened with honey and maple syrup, and made with whole wheat flour and coconut oil, but is undoubtedly much higher carbohydrate content than the capsules.

I could eat a half of that tomorrow night, and another half the next night, then I'm going to have to punt.

I have about a lb. or so of canna butter, too, about half of my very potent butter, and some fairly potent butter from a former friend.

Skin tag looks a bit shriveled or wrinkled after several days of treating it with the heat-pressed resin, but I'm not sure of the expected time frame involved in the treatment for the ultimate success, and the thing crumbling, as Weez had described, and admit that we missed 2 mornings, but have tried to make up for that.

Chores call, then an effort at sleeping a bit.

BudToaster

Veteran
okay, just to proselytize a bit about my favorite topic: low carb diet

i suggest you do a search on "prostate cancer low carb" - lots of evidence for the benefit of getting sugar and ultra-refined food-like substances out of the diet.

Also, on YT, check out the lectures: lo carb down under.

i gave up sugar 2 years ago, eat low carb enough to use ketones for energy, instead of glucose. there are enough carnivores preaching on YT that i don't think eating meat is a problem.

just my opinion.

BudToaster

Veteran
@me
i don't remember if you are growing in soil re your pest situation, but, have you ever tried nematodes? i get the triple threat from arbico organics and they work a treat for me.

G

okay, just to proselytize a bit about my favorite topic: low carb diet

i suggest you do a search on "prostate cancer low carb" - lots of evidence for the benefit of getting sugar and ultra-refined food-like substances out of the diet.

Also, on YT, check out the lectures: lo carb down under.

i gave up sugar 2 years ago, eat low carb enough to use ketones for energy, instead of glucose. there are enough carnivores preaching on YT that i don't think eating meat is a problem.

just my opinion.

Hey, thanks.

I gave up refined sugars, refined flours, and almost anything not whole grain, about 8-10 years ago.

Already eat a fairly low carb diet, in contrast to the average person. That has gone to a more rigid reduction after the tamale binge in the early mid-COVID period.

Re. the meat proteins (wide and varied, to include eggs, fish, pork, chicken, cheese, dairy, etc.) and them feeding cancer; turns out these are proteins that cancer thrives on, and lots of reading about, meat proteins, from a broad-based definition of 'meat proteins.'

One of many credible starting points is a Dr. Fuhrman, who has numerous videos, books, etc., to support this, and there are MAN other Docs who agree with this.

Trust me, I lived for meat, grew up eating old-school traditional German slow/cold-cured hard sausages and fresh farm cheese in Wisconsin, still like to consume those things like crazy, and when we were a family of 5, we were known to consume 1-1/4 moose, 1/2 of a grain-fed FATTED angus beef, 50-80 salmon, halibut, and a bit of store-bought chicken, pork, and some seafood that we didn't or couldn't provide for ourselves, in any given 12-13 month period.

Even recently, whether grilling my deceased mother's marinated chuck roast on a charcoal grill, cooked in home-made French dressing (we make almost all of our own sauces, using non-refined, safer, natural sweeteners where necessary), slamming pork chops and/or beef ribeye steaks onto the same grill, or smoking 3-4 whole racks of pork ribs of various sorts in dry-rub, and/or a pork butt roast or 3 in the same smoker, at the same low and slow temps, I am a MEAT EATING MACHINE..

But from the credible sources I've found, read from and researched, especially those that were provided by my local urology Doc, like many things in life that are so good they can lead to excesses, my meat habit is feeding my cancer, and has likely been taking a toll on my body for much of my life.

So in some/many ways, it's like having a mate that provides incredible sex, but empties your bank account, and is plotting to stab you in the back in one way or another, literally or otherwise; they simply have to go, or I do.

And so I wave farewell to my beloved meat diet, though I c can cheat now and again.

Many of these Docs (Fuhrman included) will reference a <10% meat protein diet (remember the brad definition of meat proteins), with a limited presence of starchy veggies (such as the killer potatoes we grow), and then colorful "nutrient dense' veggies and seeds, of which half ought to be raw, and half cooked.

So there you have what I've learned in the 'run for my life' with an uphill and steep learning curve. For what ever that's worth.

And by the way, I even love a good craft beer with potent ABV, BUT, while I was able to regulate the intake, recently only consuming a 1/2-beer, with the help of my amazing wife, who would recue me form the other half, it turns out that beer is not only loaded (to varying degrees) with very notable carbs, but for what ever reason, is bad for cancer, as well. Where as a decent tequila is cancer neutral, for the most part, as well as not to big an impact to diabetes, and red wine is not only good for your cardiovascular system at 1 glass per day, but apparently cancer is more of a beer, darts, and bowling entity,. and doesn't do so well with red wine.

On a high note, completely unrelated, when the snow blower ceased moving last night, upon inspection, it was not the hardened steel pin through the shaft that runs through the gears on the gear-reduction drive system that broke; it was a drive belt.... So there's a difference in parts of a couple hundred dollars or so, and what COULD have been a MUCH greater effort to get it running right before the next wave of white stuff hits the ground.

Small favors that make life worth still tackling, so I'll take it and grin.

Thanks again, and all ideas are welcome. We may all learn something in this, if folks can effectively wade through my novellas.

Take care.:tiphat:

Last edited:
G

@me
i don't remember if you are growing in soil re your pest situation, but, have you ever tried nematodes? i get the triple threat from arbico organics and they work a treat for me.

I grow in a mostly organic soilless mix, currently with a CEC of 29+, with current 67+% calcium saturation (which caused some P problems with my ph where it is; 6.9 with an H2O extraction result).

Years ago I tried nematodes, but up here, and wet sponges in the middle of winter, for the cost and vulnerabilities, I have typically used (in days gone by, when it was available) liquid Gnatrol, in a classic wholesale-size 2.5 gallon jug for fungus gnats, and since then, have used the dehydrated Gnatrol WDG powder (which I subjectively believe is slightly less effective than the older liquid Gnatrol, and still marvel at the concept of being able to dehydrate something and still have it be alive!!!!).

For a BAD infestation of thrips, Capt. Jack's or Similar for Spinosad, which is relatively safe as 'organic-like'/natural pesticides go, and when heavy artillery is required, though I hate to use it (but will when I have to) Azamax.

I battled root aphids on my youngest son's grapefruit tree that used to be in the living room, but the impervious, armor-plated little bastards won that deal, so the grapefruit tree went outside last winter, and was allowed to slowly freeze to death on the front porch.

For fungal control I can use Actinovate (my 3rd choice), MycoStop (2nd choice) and when I have a fresh batch on-hand, my primary choice, though it's too goddamned large in granules and mixes like instant milk powder) PreStop, which I think is pretty amazing stuff. All 3 are biofungicides, but the PreStop I have to have 'triangulated' to get it legally shipped to Alaska for private-garden-only applications.

All 3 have been used as prophylactic treatments, but I've wondered about harms to the micro-critters as a result of using such things,. and don't immediately have an answer for that.

Thanks again.

Keep the ideas and thoughts coming.

G

Your description of "a smaller shiny centipede of sorts" sounds like a symphylan. It is not a friend.
Garden Symphylans

The fliers are most likely going to be fungus gnats or root aphids. Fungus gnats are easier to control.

A tip of the hat to Mr. Vonnegut:good:

Hey, I couldn't get your link to open here, but I looked at trout's YT of the same critter you'd named.

What I saw here was darker, had a definite shiny aspect to a part of its body (that may or may not have been a moment of angle and reflection, but I don't think so, and was larger than the white-ish critters in your link(s).

I've been going back regularly and looking for movement.

Another shop stated that the source I got the clones from had a rep several years ago for gifting people the bonus of spider mites and more in their clones.... But when a person needs something, they need it, and so I knew to look (even before the other shop's report, based on my existing knowledge of the frequency that persons receive clones from retail outlets with 'hitch-hikers' on board).

So far there's no visible movement. Though my eyes are not what they once were, and I'm overdue for a new [pair of glasses.

I'll give the leaves and stems of all of my harem another foliar spray of Spinosad in a couple days or so, maybe less..

Perhaps do the Azamax again in another week, again at max strength of 2 TBS per gal. of H2O.

It's one thing to bring in critters on new clones. It's a whole 'nother to have the bastages infest/infect my relatively clean girls that already lived here.

Shop apologized, but I don't think anyone there hasn't heard it before, nor do I think anyone there is going to lose any sleep over it.

A friend from the bush advocated for me to go back in and demand freebies, but my [plate's pretty full right now, as it is, to go wasting energy on a dead-end road of trying to get compensation for something that this shop has reportedly been doing for a long time now.

So the little buggers will die one way or another. And into the horizon we go.

Onward.

And thanks for the links, both of you. :tiphat:

T

Teddybrae

I must be caught in a chrono-synclastic-infundibulum! The headline of this thread focuses on prostate cancer and today we're talking about musical interludes and insects. Huh?
(the hyphenated words above are Vonnegut's from "Slaughterhouse 5")

G

I must be caught in a chrono-synclastic-infundibulum! The headline of this thread focuses on prostate cancer and today we're talking about musical interludes and insects. Huh?

All part of the cancer ride, Teddy. Are you offended?

G

The insects are relative to a medical clone situation; new squatters in what will (hopefully) be providing a matched CBD to THC extract.

The music is about reminders of what we have, versus what we think we have, and meditation in general.

As was the reference to the accident on the way home last night, which indeed, ended in a DOA, per the report this A.M. (Another person not valuing others, to the extent that a risky move killed a person who was where they should have been, doing what they should have been doing, if not for the impatience of the driver who caused the wreck... and lived).

But as another privately noted, we have 5-7 persons in this thread who have survived prostate and other cancers to different levels of success, and are all sharing their experiences and knowledge about their 'walk' through it.

As the other person privately noted, that's a hell of a club with success stories and some serious sources of hopefulness.

G

I found this page this evening, re. decarbing with an electric pressure cooker or InstaPot.

Things I knew -nothing- about until Weez mentioned an instaPot...

For me/us, a pressure canner is either my 1-galon UK-made camping pressure cooker that can be laid on a bed of coals and automatically and relatively safely cooks at 15 lbs. pressure even on a camp fire, or my 22-qt pressure canner that has jarred up bear meat, jelly, and numerous other things.

The InstaPot was a new phenomenon to me, let alone the whole decarbing process that uses one.

https://bethehippy.com/3-ways-to-decarboxylate-cannabis-with-a-mason-jar-for-edible-weed-infusions/

The use of the InstaPot is further down the methods, as in 'last', from what I saw, and no matter which page I clicked on tonight, most folks seemed to think grinding buds into something tiny, like a grain of rice, was proper.

Wondered if a person can't get uniform heating without making the pot so.... battered.

What ever.

Anyway, if there's anything out of place or incorrect with the method for the electric pressure canner in the link above, please, someone say something...

Back to reading now, in anticipation of extracting both high CBD oil and high THC oil, and getting this thing going as soon as the rest of the equipment arrives.

G

Note that at the link above, the part that had me wondering o this is good advice or not, was where they had the instaPot set on high for 40 minutes. That seemed like a long time to gently heat some flowers.

Anyone? Is this a guaranteed CBN outcome. or safe and pertinent instruction??

What I do here HAS to be done right, and needs to be as potent as it can be, whether CBD or THC, as this is what I will be relying on for this part of the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.