What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
sorry to learn i was correct in my assumption, as if that helps at this point.
but glad to see you've returned to ICMag facing the wind.
hope you can get things straightened out before insurance quits, having to pay those fees and bills gets more than expensive, i know, took me a couple years to extract myself from debt that the insurance wouldn't pay...now have medicare...shrug.
just happened upon this thread again when i saw you'd returned and was curious how you were handling it.
great words of your son and your relationship, never were better sentiments expressed and you know he holds you in high regard. blessings.
i'll keep you and yours in prayers.

OkThen

Hey me
Two things to consider:
You may be able to get some insight on your neck issue when you get the results of the CT scan, usually the interpreter talks about what's going on with mine in the assessment, You may want to share the scan with your neurosurgeon. I can get a CD burned with the scan from radiology, not that I can interpret it :^). You can ask for the paper copy of the assessment too when you see the oncologist..

I have been getting CBD products from Lazaurus Naturals out of Portland. They offer a 60% discount for those military, serious medical conditions and those in need. I have been impressed by there willingness to help out, along with free shipping. I believe the quality of their products is very good. They publish lab results on their site for every batch produced. Check out the RSO oil.

Blessings

G

They add up. They are also precious and come at times when needed most. You will see more as you go along.

Yep, sometimes try explicitly to not let them slip by, but sometimes fail to verbalize appreciation for them. Otherwise folks might think I'm less grateful than I am.

Snow must've come down right at freezing temp, as it's stuck to all the vehicles like plaster of Paris. The snow blower will have to wait until this stuff gets chilled enough to not turn the blower's chute into a Playdough factory press.

G

sorry to learn i was correct in my assumption, as if that helps at this point.
but glad to see you've returned to ICMag facing the wind.
hope you can get things straightened out before insurance quits, having to pay those fees and bills gets more than expensive, i know, took me a couple years to extract myself from debt that the insurance wouldn't pay...now have medicare...shrug.
just happened upon this thread again when i saw you'd returned and was curious how you were handling it.
great words of your son and your relationship, never were better sentiments expressed and you know he holds you in high regard. blessings.
i'll keep you and yours in prayers.

Thanks Trich, sincerely.

"When life looks like easy street, there's danger at your door..." (GD, Uncle John's Band)

My youngest son is a major blessing. There's bene times his much older siblings have referred to him as spoiled, or what ever, but the fact is that he has worked for every single thing he has, and despite the 'waves' of hackles raised that sometimes come with the individuation process (pretty common for adolescents to believe they need conflict to separate), he gets reigned in, and resumes his path toward being a really decent human being.

He's seen my reactions and actions re. his siblings' bullshit, and knows I don't fuck around, and that where right and wrong are concerned, I'm absolutely not a major subscriber to the whole 'blood is thicker than water' mantra. DNA doesn't have a bit to do with what a person does or doesn't so, where right and wrong, or in between are concerned.

BTW, TWO easy-peasy, significantly less expensive tests said I was 'EXTREMELY LOW RISK' for prostate cancer, but I knew how and why those tests were flawed. Put it off, none the less, until my amazing primary care Doc got frustrated, and told me to "either do something about it, or stop asking for the test!!" (I laughed for multiple reasons; she's a sweetheart of a Doc, was clearly upset by the rising PSAs, AND, she apparently failed to realize the PSA test is an automatic part of a blood panel I routinely buy/receive through a private non-profit for a set price.. Not sure they could've separated that test out if I'd begged them to, frankly..

Anyway, the vehicle's idling, and I need to reply to OKThen before I head out into the snow.

Take care, and thanks again!!:skiiing:

G

Hey me
Two things to consider:
You may be able to get some insight on your neck issue when you get the results of the CT scan, usually the interpreter talks about what's going on with mine in the assessment, You may want to share the scan with your neurosurgeon. I can get a CD burned with the scan from radiology, not that I can interpret it :^). You can ask for the paper copy of the assessment too when you see the oncologist..

I have been getting CBD products from Lazaurus Naturals out of Portland. They offer a 60% discount for those military, serious medical conditions and those in need. I have been impressed by there willingness to help out, along with free shipping. I believe the quality of their products is very good. They publish lab results on their site for every batch produced. Check out the RSO oil.

Blessings

Thanks for the CBD source reference, OK. I'll give them a peek.

Any postings re. lab results for their products?

Re. the CT Scan, the images I'm getting results from currently are abdominal and pelvic ONLY at this time, due to the cancer being detected in the prostate. So they're simply looking in the general vicinity, as if it came TO the prostate, or from the prostate, it ought to be detectable in that general region, if present at all.

The nuclear bone scan(s) are the whole body, including head shots. (lots of persons have indicated an interest in seeing imaging of my head over the years; I figure this is their and my opportunity to answer those pressing trivial questions). :)

Thanks for the tips. And after speaking with another, I'd like to communicate either in this thread, or PM (once I get my PM access back in a couple days or so) to talk about your Vitamin C and acids addition to raw flower in capsules, as a method of quasi-decarbing.

Seems you may be onto something...

Thanks again, and take care. :tiphat:

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
I should know more early this week, as to what I'm dealing with exactly.

But my PSA scores were going up by 2 points, not .2, but a whole round 2 points, every blood draw.

When I'm dealing with serious shit, whether butchering a moose, filling the freezer, etc., or dealing with medical stuff, I typically get the "Get er' done NOW!!" hair up my butt.

I don't want any of this to take up residence and establish any stronger sense of squatters' rights than it already has. Still waiting to see if there are other deposits or foot-holds in the body, and that might also up any sense of urgency.

So I'll probably push ahead and try to seek out immediate sources for balanced THC/CBD flowers or extracts, until I can get some of the Blue Dream in the works.

I looked at 'clean and reputable' sources for CBD extracts/oil, and for a decent daily dose of the stuff, form the sources I was looking at, it was $200 to $300/month, unless I was not calculating correctly.

That was where the 'arm and leg' comment came from.

Chong's oil costs me ~$40 per month.
I'll be looking into [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lazarus Naturals of course. :)
[/FONT]

G

Chong's oil costs me ~$40 per month.
I'll be looking into [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lazarus Naturals of course. :)
[/FONT]

Thanks.

I looked at Charlotte's Webb and a few other of the 'top rated' for testing, etc., and anticipated a daily dose of about 180 mg of actual CBD content.... intending to match about that much in mg of THC extract.

Unless I was figuring incorrectly, I was coming up with the $200 to $300/month cost, which is outa' the ball park for 'reasonable'.

The Blue Dream clones are now home, and in need of larger pots. So I can procrastinate re. re-mixing my now-needing-corrected ~35 to 40 gallons of soilless mix from last winter/spring.

By the time I got to the shop, they only had 3 remaining, so I couldn't get the discount, and they let me join a 'club' in order to get 10% off. Still almost $10 each more than they would've been, if they'd have had 6 available... Oh well. Another day, another dollar that won't come back 'til it makes the rounds.

Turned out my calcium (likely both from my hard-as-hell well water, as well as the increased Ca in the mix, to include gypsum), was involved in binding my phosphorous, so for the older mix, I'm going to add some substantial amounts of additional P, as well as Boron/Borax, and dilute what's already there with additional Pro mix, adding more volcanic pumice, and some of the micro-nutes/salts, to make up for the dilution of the original with the Pro Mix.

Backing up and diluting to spec, while trying to re-attain some sort of balance, and the math involved... well, pain in the keister.

I once acted in a play in another community up here, about 25 years ago, or so.. Had to do with fundamentalism, black & white morality, human tendencies, hypocrisy, etc. The usual fair of human maladies of the soul.

I think I was the mayor in the play, if I recall correctly as to who/what my character was.. The 'mayor' had developed... you guessed it... prostate cancer, and was using that state of affairs as a viable reason to not be too involved in the goings on at hand in the community, per the script.

It was a sordid situation, with the Preacher's wife having an affair, an ultimate shooting (they used my antique Canadian-made Cooey, a fine Canadian-made Winchester .22 bolt-action repeater from long ago, for the shooting. The guy who did the shooting with my antique rifle loaded with blanks was not a gun guy; he pulled the trigger so hard, while going through the motions as though his squeezing the trigger and lurching the gun forward would somehow increase the velocity of the make-believe cartridges, that he broke my trigger group.. had to have it welded.. nice guy, but don' let him use your guns.. .not even in a play..)

Anyway, during one rehearsal, acting out my lines/part, it came to a place where I vocalized my focus and priority, my prostate my prostate cancer. But I engaged in some improvisational acting, gesticulating with my hand, as though I was going to foist it up my arse, and exclaiming, "I HAVE PROSTATE CANCER!"

Everyone broke out in laughter, including the author/director of the play, who then, while still laughing, told me that if I did that on stage, during the show, he'd kill me. I refrained, as best as I can remember, but I was tempted a time or 2.

I truly believe, through trial and error, and life's observations, that all of life's drama, tragedy, beauty, and more, can benefit at tines from a good laugh, the twinkling in the eye of the viewing of the Cosmic joke, or a hearty "FUCK YOU!!" toward the sky.

I have to try and remember that for my family, and those around me. :good:

G

BTW, another generous and caring member left links for me to some sources for VERY high CBD clones, etc.

I've never shipped or received clones through a 3rd party service. not really excited about the prospect in the winter time here of doing so, but who knows?

And I asked at the shop re. any pesticide use on their clones; they stated they are all natural or organic, using only neem oil, plant oils, citric acid, etc.

One concern re. bringing in plants from 'elsewhere', has been the routine reports over the years from others, re. importing pests.

Having had my own wrestling matches with thrips and fungus gnats, i am wary of bringing anything else into the shop, let alone something more dastardly than what I've typically had to contend with. So for the next little while, the magnifying lenses and some organic sprays & drenches will be my buddies.

Onward!!

OkThen

I had a link to a good how-to for citric acid decab but it went 404,
I found this it's pretty similar:

https://maryhelentestkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/09/herbal-extracts-via-citric-acid.html?m=1

I have done a partial heat decarb before blending, gonna give it a go without the heat, my past experience it takes 5-7 days at room temp. As I stated earlier, gotta watch the moisture content before putting in caps

Gotta give credit where credit is due, GRY turned me on to this method. Thanks!!! :wave:

One post I saw stated adding the citric acid to alcohol used for extraction, this method also took about 9 days to decarb, might be worth doing a test run.

Have Fun!

G

I had a link to a good how-to for citric acid decab but it went 404,
I found this it's pretty similar:

https://maryhelentestkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/09/herbal-extracts-via-citric-acid.html?m=1

I have done a partial heat decarb before blending, gonna give it a go without the heat, my past experience it takes 5-7 days at room temp. As I stated earlier, gotta watch the moisture content before putting in caps

Gotta give credit where credit is due, GRY turned me on to this method. Thanks!!! :wave:

One post I saw stated adding the citric acid to alcohol used for extraction, this method also took about 9 days to decarb, might be worth doing a test run.

Have Fun!

Thanks, OK.

Yes, Gry has easily given as much help as he's received.

Thanks for the link(s).

I'll come back and peruse later today, as I'm now eating lunch and it's after 5:00 P.M. (same where you are, it occurred to me... :) )

So, I'm off to finish unloading the vehicle, write some necessary correspondence I'm not looking forward to (found bill in my mail, addressed to my estranged older son; gonna' ask him about self-absorption and having the gall to land a bill addressed to him, in MY f'ing box!!! Maybe it's his version of 'breaking the ice'?)

Anyway, take care, and thanks again.

G

Hmmm. Interesting.
Gotta wonder about the size of a THC citrate salt molecule. Not really a decarb. it replaces the carbonic acid salt with a citric acid salt. Could be a problem for oral use?

Anyroad, it got me looking around. Found this;

https://www.analyticalcannabis.com/...s-in-marijuana-and-edibles-by-quechers-290198

Can you put that information into laymen's terms; maybe the link didn't open correctly for me, but what I did find, again, unless I missed something, was way beyond my understanding.

The deficiencies of a non-science guy, trying to understand science; I should have challenged myself more in school than I did. Seriously...

Thanks Weezard

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Can you put that information into laymen's terms; maybe the link didn't open correctly for me, but what I did find, again, unless I missed something, was way beyond my understanding.

The deficiencies of a non-science guy, trying to understand science; I should have challenged myself more in school than I did. Seriously...

Thanks Weezard

Never too late to learn.
You do have to know enough to tell good advice from not so good, yah?

I can answer questions on electronic, computers, basic physics and some chemistry.

Cannabis husbandry?

Well, I'm with you on that. My beginner's luck has endured.

Luck? Required.

Got two black thumbs so I science the shit out of it and trust my luck.

Been 50 years now and I'm just starting to know a bit about this incredible plant.
As you can imagine I have been researching Prostate cancer since 2006. Can send you hundreds of links.
Thing is, they were of little use to me. Some of the trials are interesting, but nothing else I've found so far is as effective as RSO.

So, onward! into the fog.

Wee

G

Never too late to learn.
You do have to know enough to tell good advice from not so good, yah?

I can answer questions on electronic, computers, basic physics and some chemistry.

Cannabis husbandry?

Well, I'm with you on that. My beginner's luck has endured.

Luck? Required.

Got two black thumbs so I science the shit out of it and trust my luck.

Been 50 years now and I'm just starting to know a bit about this incredible plant.
As you can imagine I have been researching Prostate cancer since 2006. Can send you hundreds of links.
Thing is, they were of little use to me. Some of the trials are interesting, but nothing else I've found so far is as effective as RSO.

So, onward! into the fog.

Wee

Thanks Weez.

Yep, at this juncture, I have to try and be on the correct course, as I can't afford to spend any time going down dead-end rabbit holes.

I do tend to ask a LOT of questions to that end. Don't always get them answered well, but I continue to ask them anyway.

-------------------------------------

I asked at the shop the clones came from, re. their pest control, and there was a reason for that.

I've never brought home clones from a shop's harem before, and KNOW from others' misfortune that they are often infested with a variety of critters that are not welcome in my relatively clean shop..

Well.. <long pause, telling as to results>, last evening, after placing the 3 Blue Dream clones into a mother cupboard, indeed there was evidence of flyers (need to trap some to say definitively if they are thrips or fungus gnats, but those are my 1st 2 guesses for the flyers), but also a critter I've never seen before in MY house (*I believe I've seen it in some of my pest books), looking like a smaller shiny centipede of sorts. Silver fish?? Maybe 3/4" long, fast-moving, and definitely stream-lined 'pede' type of critter.

So, not like I have plenty of other alligators to wrestle here, but last night I got out the Spinosad for the foliage/foliar spray, and I hesitate to acknowledge what I dosed ALL plants with for a drench solution, other than to say it is plant-based, and among the heavier artillery where such things are concerned.

So now I've treated all of my long-time girls, as well as the new-to-me Blue Dream specimens. There must be a new Country Western tune in all of this; maybe something along the lines of Commander Cody's 'Down t Seeds and Stems Again Blues?? :D

Debated calling the shop in reference and telling them that their shit's got beasties in it, and that having to treat medically-related plants straight out of the gate with such salvos is not my idea of a friendly or neighborly gesture, but, I don't even have any idea if they'd give a fuck, versus saying (possibly disingenuously) "Thanks for letting us know. We'll get right on it. And good luck to you."

Because in the midst of battling health concerns, we should ALL take a detour into the abyss of "Did I kill that unwanted pest yet?"

Good thing I have a significant stash of yellow sticky cards to do a census on the various vermin. And a good thing that earlier this year, I restocked my pest control department..

Never a dull moment...

"And so it goes..." :tiphat:

G

Hit up a couple local retail shops via telephone, looking for something even approaching a 1:1 ratio of CBD:THC oil in a syringe, capsules, or what ever, and, not too surprisingly, the markets are mostly dedicated to demand items relative to 'getting stoned.' Again, not too surprising.

Put in a call to Lazaurus Naturals, two times, and each time the Customer Service line went to a voice mail, and the message states they will call back. So I'm waiting. Something I sometimes do poorly, in some specific cases.

Been treating the skin tag with the heat-pressed resin, and my wife believes it is looking "a bit deflated."

I'm hoping for a determination of, "Morbidly deader than shit."

But we'll continue going with that, and if I die in a fire, I recommend that folks at least do nose-hits off my burning shoulder blade.... **I try not to let anything go to waste.

OkThen

It was certainly not my intention to misdirect or send folks down the proverbial rabbit hole, but to share what has been helpful to me. I have been walking through over three years of life with a diagnosis of stage four kidney cancer, have been treated three different chemo drugs and about a year of immunotherapy. The last six months of a targeted chemo med has shown promise with significant reduction in the number cancerous lesions and more than halved the size of the last two that remain. I do not know if my ingestion of cannabis has any effect on the cancer, but certainly has made the side effects of chemo more manageable. :tiphat:

G

It was certainly not my intention to misdirect or send folks down the proverbial rabbit hole, but to share what has been helpful to me. I have been walking through over three years of life with a diagnosis of stage four kidney cancer, have been treated three different chemo drugs and about a year of immunotherapy. The last six months of a targeted chemo med has shown promise with significant reduction in the number cancerous lesions and more than halved the size of the last two that remain. I do not know if my ingestion of cannabis has any effect on the cancer, but certainly has made the side effects of chemo more manageable. :tiphat:

Thanks OK.

And I meant no insult in my choice of words.

We all go with what we know, or think, until it's replaced with something else.

I appreciate any and all input, as well as the scrutiny applied by others in vetting that input. That's how many of us learn.

I hope you weren't offended or hurt in any of this discourse, and please, continue adding to the discussion.

OkThen

m.e.
No offence taken. My understanding is that you are open to any input, but I apologize if I took you off task, nuff said
Blessings to you and yours.

Gry

Found out I had cancer when a kidney went septic on me
after a tumor had killed it in 2002. Told me after the
surgery, that the cancer (clear cell) had "escaped the margins".

Status
Not open for further replies.