What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Thanks Weez.

Our mutual friend here has my contact info and number, and may have already given that to you?

I'm a slow learner for details, focusing on every mm gained in yardage, one partial inch at a time. but it used to be I retained it after that.. not so much now... which does worry me a bit, as stated earlier.

Ruining head stash, which to date has only been partial and when it has occurred, it has been typically due to questionable soilless mixes, etc. is bad enough. But needing to make a steady and reliable supply of medicine, and the prospect of ruining that??!! Well, that would SUCK badly...If I'm making medicine, I absolutely need there to be no screw ups. I can find room some place to forgive the process and my ignorance, but the cancer likely will not....

I tell folks I've been a fortunate person with beginners luck, sometimes spanning decades.

BTW, the simmering and boiling process for the butter runs HOURS at 2 different levels of heat. And the butter I have is WAY potent (my butter, as opposed to a stash I was gifted, which also isn't bad). So if it were to be more potent, it's have to come with a bigger warning label. As is it, if I eat a half of a brownie, it's as though someone hit me up with something beyond enjoyable.

Anyway, thanks again.

Take care.

Got that info. It was invalid.

Got a recording that said this number is not in service.

Just as well, I write mo' betta dan I talk.

G

De nada.

We pay envy tax in Hawaii, too. Might be cheaper to pay shipping yah?

Yep, either way, one way or another, elevated shipping fees or not, we need what we need.

I noted there's lots of cast iron cookware that's rated for induction cooking, but unless it's enamel coated, as a long-time fan of cast iron cookware (and mighty proud of my vast collection), I know it's very porous stuff, in contrast to refined stainless steel finishes. So that was a major factor in my selecting a stainless steel pot.

I figure cooking off solvent from a gallon-glass jar, poured into a stainless stock pot, that the gallon jar, sharing space between loosely loaded trim or flower, and the remainder of the volume in alcohol of one flavor or another, the volume of alcohol (post straining through coffee filters, which is also my past method, though I used a polymer colander with the Bunn-style filters) is apt to be some where near .75 gallon, but I hate running liquids near the top of a pot, whether soups or volatile/flammable solvents, so we went with the <2.4 gallon pot... with a lid for other purposes than cooking off solvents.

I'm off to make sure the pot and IR gun got ordered, then onto putting stakes back into a utility trailer, in order to haul firewood for others..

Thanks again, Wee. :thank you:

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I'll take her word for it; "It looks a lot less happy." ... OK."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Had the same problem.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Best to use your camera from a set distance with a size reference.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tape a penny next to the tag.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That way you can do side by side comparisons.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Make the penny size equal in two photos, and you can see the "happiness" for yourself.
[/FONT]

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Yep, either way, one way or another, elevated shipping fees or not, we need what we need.

I noted there's lots of cast iron cookware that's rated for induction cooking, but unless it's enamel coated, as a long-time fan of cast iron cookware (and mighty proud of my vast collection), I know it's very porous stuff, in contrast to refined stainless steel finishes. So that was a major factor in my selecting a stainless steel pot.

I figure cooking off solvent from a gallon-glass jar, poured into a stainless stock pot, that the gallon jar, sharing space between loosely loaded trim or flower, and the remainder of the volume in alcohol of one flavor or another, the volume of alcohol (post straining through coffee filters, which is also my past method, though I used a polymer colander with the Bunn-style filters) is apt to be some where near .75 gallon, but I hate running liquids near the top of a pot, whether soups or volatile/flammable solvents, so we went with the <2.4 gallon pot... with a lid for other purposes than cooking off solvents.

I'm off to make sure the pot and IR gun got ordered, then onto putting stakes back into a utility trailer, in order to haul firewood for others..

Thanks again, Wee. :thank you:

No thanks required my friend.
Where you are, I have been.

Here's a tip; You do not have to do a single huge batch. No put all the eggs in one basket.

I leave the filtered liquid in a gallon jug and fill my 3 quart pot about 2/3 full.

When it gets down to 1/4 full, I add liquid. You can do that safely with induction heat.
I'm pondering buying a second instapot and using it for the boil off. It has no lid heating options.

Why buy a second cooker?

Married men will understand. :D

G

No thanks required my friend.
Where you are, I have been.

Here's a tip; You do not have to do a single huge batch. No put all the eggs in one basket.

I leave the filtered liquid in a gallon jug and fill my 3 quart pot about 2/3 full.

When it gets down to 1/4 full, I add liquid. You can do that safely with induction heat.
I'm pondering buying a second instapot and using it for the boil off. It has no lid heating options.

Why buy a second cooker?

Married men will understand. :D

Yeah, I've always been the primary cook for meals here, for most of the several decades+ we've been together. My wife did dessert, and I did meals.

More high-quality cookware is always welcome, depending on budget.

Just got moved back to square 1 re. the induction cookware. Lots of snake-oil salespeople in the world.

Upon reading more deeply into the reviews, those pots that are made cheaply, or especially those that lack a 3-5 ply base and/or walls, tend to warp, and even worse. When I read reports of 'chipping' from an unlined stainless pot, I had a "HU??!!" moment. Wondered what kind of Chinese toxic metals waste dump THOSE materials were found or forged in??

There's lots of pots that are advertised as 'induction safe' or 'induction cookware,' but which have aluminum contained between inner and outer layers of stainless, with the stainless steel presumably being what makes it applicable to induction cooking.

If I'm buying multi-layered cookware (and I intend to), I prefer any enclosed heat-transferring metal in the base (and preferably walls, too) to be copper, rather than aluminum, but.... getting dizzy looking at all the sub-standard cheap cookware that's available..

Maybe time to call Martha Stewart for some pointers toward a GOOD induction cookware pot? After her release from prison, she seemed sympathetic to the medical cannabis battles, and drug war issues in general. :D

dramamine

Yeah, I've always been the primary cook for meals here, for most of the several decades+ we've been together. My wife did dessert, and I did meals.

More high-quality cookware is always welcome, depending on budget.

Just got moved back to square 1 re. the induction cookware. Lots of snake-oil salespeople in the world.

Upon reading more deeply into the reviews, those pots that are made cheaply, or especially those that lack a 3-5 ply base and/or walls, tend to warp, and even worse. When I read reports of 'chipping' from an unlined stainless pot, I had a "HU??!!" moment. Wondered what kind of Chinese toxic metals waste dump THOSE materials were found or forged in??

There's lots of pots that are advertised as 'induction safe' or 'induction cookware,' but which have aluminum contained between inner and outer layers of stainless, with the stainless steel presumably being what makes it applicable to induction cooking.

If I'm buying multi-layered cookware (and I intend to), I prefer any enclosed heat-transferring metal in the base (and preferably walls, too) to be copper, rather than aluminum, but.... getting dizzy looking at all the sub-standard cheap cookware that's available..

Maybe time to call Martha Stewart for some pointers toward a GOOD induction cookware pot? After her release from prison, she seemed sympathetic to the medical cannabis battles, and drug war issues in general. :D

All-Clad is an excellent brand and great for induction heating, although the price definitely reflects the quality. I'm following along and rooting for you from over here. Keep punching, brother.

G

All-Clad is an excellent brand and great for induction heating, although the price definitely reflects the quality. I'm following along and rooting for you from over here. Keep punching, brother.

Thanks.

Not to sound too sappy, but such finds in my thread or my box, at times, makes me a bit sentimental or emotional.. in a good way.

"The kindness of strangers." Has the capacity to slap us around for our cynicism toward life and the world, no matter how justified that cynicism may have been, so may times.

So thank you. There's lots of times I'm more than stunned, in a good way, to have my perceptions or assumptions stopped in their tracks, and be reminded of the goodness that sometimes lays beneath the surface of our species.

Thank you.
-----------------------------------
I just grabbed myself by the shirt-collar, jacked myself up against the proverbial wall, told myself and my wife that the stock pot can be used for kitchen-fare AND extract (dual purpose purchases often soften the $$ blow), and ordered a 5-ply (alleged to be induction cooking applicable) 6-qt. pot by 'Made In', who Consumer Reports allegedly put in a number 1 slot, per one review.

it's about $10 more than the cook top itself, but I'd already assumed we were likely looking at that probability for good cook ware when I started looking. Definitely a "pay for what you get" kinda' category, this cook ware issue.

I don't want to wait for the 4-6 month period to have a finished crop of Blue Dream for the purported 11% CBD and 9% THC values, but I also don't want to be on the hook for padding others' wallets for oils, etc., when I'm sitting on my own stash.

You'd think I'd have outgrown this whole skimping on costs thing, but I had a humorous moment a bit ago when talking with my wife & younger son about the cost of the stock pot; "Dear medical service provider, I'd like to pay my co-pay amount for the amazing services you rendered, but I've instead spent that money on stainless cookware to make extract oil(s), and for the CBD oil I am not yet ready to make for myself... Hope you're OK with this." :D

Not sure how they'd respond to that, other than to maybe contemplate cutting off my health care insurance altogether, for being outside the realm of 'acceptable and conventional medical procedures.'

We'll crack this nut, though it may not be as clean of a matter of juggling finances with rapid conclusion or result, as my short-term gratification self wants it to be.

And I know that no matter what the future looks like, I need to always have the capacity for the trips into the mountains in later March with my youngest son, for remote lake trout ice fishing (my 'church' time), and the July trips into Canada for trolling lake trout in some of the remote lakes there that we frequent (more 'church' time)..

Sounds trivial, and maybe even like misplaced priorities, but no matter what happens with this effort, life, whether this is successful or not, is, more and more, a time-limited affair, and my third child, my youngest son, has been nothing shy of an unintended miracle kid, full of positive surprises, taking responsibility, heart-felt caring, talents as a mechanic and as a student, and as a son, and so much more.. that he absolutely should not get cheated out of furthering the experiences that have been the best parts of our last many years of meaningful adventuring together..

So no matter how deep the costs get for this shit, there NEEDS to be resources put aside for his and my time together, doing the things we've done, in the amazing places we've done them. We'll make -that- happen, one way or another.

------------------------------------

Again, thanks all.

We're in the first round, and I haven't even been knocked down yet. :good:

shithawk420

Veteran
No detectable CBD? Is it because the test was mainly a THC test? Surely there must be some.i would of figured you would want CBD over THC for these things.i guess I got more to learn.great thread guys.thanks

G

I've just researched the CBD-THC profiles of all of my strains on-hand here in the harem. No real shortage at all for recreationally getting stoned, but pretty dismal where a CBD presence is concerned.

Looked online to try and match my high-THC extract (both current pressed resin, or the planned extracts from my existing harvest), with something stout and clean re. CBD; the old 'arm and a leg' comes to mind.

Blue Dream are apt to still be available tomorrow at a local retail shop, but that's 4-5 months out for extraction, and that's a fairly optimistic outlook, for starting with a handful of clones..

So at this point, I'm seeking a very reasonably priced or philanthropic access to either a CBD extract, to match what I have here, or.... in an ideal world, access to something like a Blue Dream source, where the CBD and THC presentations are relatively closely matched.

I can limp through with higher THC extract, and plan on a Blue Dream harvest and extracts down the road, but it's not the optimal route. Acknowledging that many of the paths in life lack in anything resembling 'optimal.'

Anyone else getting tired of solving puzzles??? Me too. :)

G

No detectable CBD? Is it because the test was mainly a THC test? Surely there must be some.i would of figured you would want CBD over THC for these things.i guess I got more to learn.great thread guys.thanks

I just went through researching the THC-CBD profiles of -every- strain I have here, 'hawk, and while al of them have respectable THC presence, the highest reported CBD I found for any of them was 1% for CBD, and other sites listed that same strain as either <1% or .5%.

When we were younger, getting high was the MOST prominent criteria. Now that we're old and crusty, in retrospect, we may have been somewhat limited in our 'shopping' tendencies, eh??

G

Got that info. It was invalid.

Got a recording that said this number is not in service.

Just as well, I write mo' betta dan I talk.

I missed tis earlier. He's sending correct information. it was off by at least one digit.

Besides, I write and talk about the same; what ever you lack in speaking tempo, I can more than fill in the gaps. I tend to voice the thoughts in my mind about as quickly and articulately as they present themselves. I think the coca phase of the early 1980s left a lasting change to my speech tendencies, but speech and thought at a high rate of speed have been a sort of pressure cooker vent for anxiety and PTSD since my early ten years..

It sometimes irritates some folks when I'm on such a roll, but tends to diminish any dead air factor. :D

Thinking out loud adds to the stream, too. And I've learned to talk out loud to myself, enacting multiple parts of the conversation, many times over. :D

(*I used smiley faces to denote humor, but it's also true, too..).

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran

I do want CBD. And Steep Hill labs does a full G.C..
It's just that none of my crosses had any.

Few years back I bought an ounce of hemp seeds. Figured I'd extract from the hemp and mix the two oils.
Long story, but nope.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
@ M.E.
If you have to take the time to grow some Blue Dream it's OK.
Prostate cancer is relatively slow growing, even the most aggressive will take years to actually kill you.
So, go with what you have. I oiled myself for the first 10 years with <1% CBD oil.
Was still effective at slowing the growth. I was taking way too much THC trying to get enough CBD.
Had friends gift me high CBD strain seeds. Spent months growing them only to get the same test results. So, I paid $89 for a months supply of the only legitimate* CBD oil I could find.

* (My lab results agree with theirs). :)

G

@ M.E.
If you have to take the time to grow some Blue Dream it's OK.
Prostate cancer is relatively slow growing, even the most aggressive will take years to actually kill you.
So, go with what you have. I oiled myself for the first 10 years with <1% CBD oil.
Was still effective at slowing the growth. I was taking way too much THC trying to get enough CBD.
Had friends gift me high CBD strain seeds. Spent months growing them only to get the same test results. So, I paid $89 for a months supply of the only legitimate* CBD oil I could find.

* (My lab results agree with theirs). :)

I should know more early this week, as to what I'm dealing with exactly.

But my PSA scores were going up by 2 points, not .2, but a whole round 2 points, every blood draw.

When I'm dealing with serious shit, whether butchering a moose, filling the freezer, etc., or dealing with medical stuff, I typically get the "Get er' done NOW!!" hair up my butt.

I don't want any of this to take up residence and establish any stronger sense of squatters' rights than it already has. Still waiting to see if there are other deposits or foot-holds in the body, and that might also up any sense of urgency.

So I'll probably push ahead and try to seek out immediate sources for balanced THC/CBD flowers or extracts, until I can get some of the Blue Dream in the works.

I looked at 'clean and reputable' sources for CBD extracts/oil, and for a decent daily dose of the stuff, form the sources I was looking at, it was $200 to $300/month, unless I was not calculating correctly.

That was where the 'arm and leg' comment came from.

shithawk420

Veteran
I just went through researching the THC-CBD profiles of -every- strain I have here, 'hawk, and while al of them have respectable THC presence, the highest reported CBD I found for any of them was 1% for CBD, and other sites listed that same strain as either <1% or .5%.

When we were younger, getting high was the MOST prominent criteria. Now that we're old and crusty, in retrospect, we may have been somewhat limited in our 'shopping' tendencies, eh??

I've got regular pot pollinated by what I believe to be feral hemp.i really wish I could find out what the cbd profile is.maybe those seeds aren't as useless as I thought.of coarse if anyone wants to find out you guys are more than welcome.i got thousands of seeds.ive been so out of it I can't remember much what I researched.i thought most pot had .5 percent of CBD.its been awhile.im trying to get back into it

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Had it removed Aug 2018. Doctor told me he got every fucking cell.
Checked last week.......no cancer.
I will take it!!!!!

G

I've got regular pot pollinated by what I believe to be feral hemp.i really wish I could find out what the cbd profile is.maybe those seeds aren't as useless as I thought.of coarse if anyone wants to find out you guys are more than welcome.i got thousands of seeds.ive been so out of it I can't remember much what I researched.i thought most pot had .5 percent of CBD.its been awhile.im trying to get back into it

There are CBD-specific strains, 'hawk. Some with THC at respectable levels, like the Blue Dream and Aloha strains, and some with nearly straight/exclusively CBD.

But how it's grown, where it's grown (contaminated soils? Heavy metals in feed or water? Etc., etc.) matters, too.

In a perfect world I would either find some high-CBD to extract from, and match dose for dose what I have in high THC extract, or find/cultivate something like the Aloha, Blue Dream, etc.

My Hoosier grandmother, long since dead, used to state and restate that old adage about "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."

There's what I've got, and what I wish I had, and then what I might be able to do in between the 2, with some effort. But I'll HAVE to get my wind back to get everything done that I need to.

Back in 1975, we traveled from Lower Michigan to Rensalaer Indiana, not too far from you, to the corn fields there in Jasper County. There'd been -hundreds- of acres of hemp grown there as a part of the 'Hemp for Victory' effort during WWII. LOTS of wild hemp there remained after the war, and the birds would routinely spread the seeds. It was accepted that 1:100 plants would have some form of recessive status and decent THC content, but they were few and far between.

The Gov. had earlier tried to burn it out, bulldoze it, poison it, and what ever else... It's a fairly hearty weed, and it failed to take their efforts seriously, continuing to spread..

Got popped there at age 15, but went hack later, a bit smarter, and we were more successful.. at least at the harvesting part.. Later got busted with 1.5 lbs. of it, after drying it in the attic, and drawing too much attention to the house, as a result of other activities.

Yep, lots of wild hemp not far from your place. :)

G

Had it removed Aug 2018. Doctor told me he got every fucking cell.
Checked last week.......no cancer.
I will take it!!!!!

Good to read!! I was recently told that the success rates are much better now than they were 30-50 years ago, but some folks still draw a joker. Glad yours is working out. Keep an eye on it.

G

Doc has all of my imaging results (CT scan and bone scans), but wants to schedule any follow-up meeting a week out. Not going to assume there's good, bad or neutral meanings or interpretations in that decision; just that I'm one of many persons, standing in line for another serving of oatmeal, and will have to wait my turn.

Comedy added, my spine surgeon's people called back, after a slip-up at my primary care Doc's office resulted in them not getting the referral I'd requested about a month ago, and initially I'd decided against furthering any imaging or other furtherance of services or research into leg, back, neck, & shoulder, issues, in light of the recent cancer diagnosis.

Then, while I was on-hold, I decided, "What the hell. The ACA's probably going o get hit by a large SCOTUS torpedo sometime in the near future, so the best I can hope for is to get as much stuff done before my deductible and max-out-of-pocket start over the first of 2021, or the ACA goes up in flames..

My wife lives focused on the issues of the moment, and I count beans and watch the dominos well down the highway and into the next year, noting where we are now, and the path between here & now, and later.. But I was raised and lived a whole different set of stressors than she did, so my PTSD stuff has me looking at the periphery at all times, and trying to assess, naturally, without any added effort, all of the 'what ifs' that tend to linger around corners and in shadows.. Never sit with your back to any doors.

I guess in that regard, I'm often the informal 'risk assessment and prevention' guy in the house; natural experiential training, and all..

So, I guess I'm getting on my way again, toward being the '$6 million dollar man', making as much of this happen as can be done, before the ACA sinks into the ocean.

Today is town run day; Blue Dream clones, if any still exist, health food store for the list previously written up for that stop, bolts for the utility trailer's stakes, mail, my wife's newly arrived P100 mask, and who knows what else.

Just under 4 inches of new snow on the ground; at least the roads won't be quite as slick as they were with a glazing of ice, and the previous 1-1/2 inches blown off the surfaces by previous traffic and wind. Small favors are cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.