This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shithawk420 View Post
    Hey good to see you Moose! Glad your back.i for one don't care about taste but can see why it would put some people off.cant you just put fruit in the smoothie or would that somehow make a bad reaction to the sprouts? I'd heard of things like that happening
    Hey 'hawk! Hope all's well in your 'hood. Good to see you as well!

Can't do much fructose, as I'm battling multiple issues simultaneously, and the diets related to each don't always take the same course. The broccoli sprouts and whole plant diet thing happens to satisfy BOTH needs, however.

But thanks for the idea.

Plugging my nose won't be bad; if it tasted good, it probably wouldn't be good for us, right?

Feel free to drop by for an exchange any time, or to present a new idea. We often go through lots of no-goes before coming to the magic light-bulb moment.

Take care.

Comment

Weez,

Looking into induction hot plates, and trying to locate one that accommodates my Pyrex 9" x 13" baking dishes, though the burners tend to be more square or round.

There's a $140 model from Home Despot, that sucks down 1,800 watts, is counter-top and portable, and has a max cooking area of 11.8 inches sq., with what is presented as an accurate heat range from 140 f. to 460 f.

Over-kill??

Wondering if my (when unrestricted air flow is involved) 460 cfm oven hood over the stove would be adequate for avoiding any whoopsies that cancel my home-owners' insurance?

We went over-kill on the oven range hood when I bought it, buying the one with the greatest cfm's, and from a well-known/established brand, knowing that with the angles, length of ducting to the outdoor hood, etc., I'm likely getting no more than 225 to 250 cfm's out of a fan that, unrestricted, is rated to about 460 or more.

Otherwise I need to insulate my shed, and find a heat source that involves no open flames, and not even the red glow of wires from an electric panel. Out in the shed I can hook up an axial fan to a shroud of either poly sheeting, or (???), around a 12" wide, 24" or so tall single pane casement window, and use that window and fan set-up as an exhaust system. (*Still close to the house, but at ;least not IN the house).

I'll have to go back and re-read your syringe loading technique later on, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Weezard View Post
        The good news? My Gleason was a 7-8, stage 4 and quite aggressive at first.
        The original doubling rate had me long gone by now. Instead, I had to say goodbye to my dog after 13 years and I'm still puttering around. Only got the pup because I was sure she'd outlive me.

Kept a graph of the rising PSA. Tracked and documented the slowing of the doubling rate. Learned about RSO early on, and am getting good at extraction with practice.
        Will be happy to share what I have learned.

As I wrote before, the most important thing I learned was proper dosage, and to pre-decarb the flowers.
        More than enough, is too much. And de-carbing the finished product risks ruining the whole batch.

It's easy.

Stuff a jar with buds,seal it with aluminum foil and chuck it into an Instapot. Hit manual, high pressure, and set the timer for 44 minutes. The buds will turn golden, and so will the final product.

I used to go to great lengths to "winterize" and filter my oil, but found it counter-productive When I use it to remove a melanoma, it is not just the medley of cannabinoids in play. Seems there are enzymes as well that do some of the heavy lifting when dissolving melanomas and neuroendocrine tumors.

Know that ethanol is quite toxic, it's a matter of dosage.
        I use Isopropyl because it is a superior solvent and purges as completely and easily as the ethanol.
        Have used Naphtha, acetone, methanol, ether and THF. I do not recommend any of them, and oil extracted with butane was medically ineffective. Don't know why.

Look into obtaining an induction hot plate for the boil-off. Safest method I've found and very controllable.

I went through the "end it all" thoughts too. I think we all do. You get over that when you find it's not hopeless. And the "treatment" has some enjoyable side effects.

OK, Time for a pontification pause.

But I'm right here if you hit a snag. No be shy.

Aloha,
        Wee
        Reviewing a number of things right now.

What is an 'instapot'?

When you refer to sealing jars with tin foil, are you talking about threading the jar's threaded band over tin foil, leaving the lid out of the equation, or simply loosely setting crimped foil over the jars, with no band or lid?

How full/packed are the jars? I assume you want heat to freely circulate around the buds?

Will this method work for prepping trim for extraction purposes, as well?

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry about the number of successive posts; I answered the 'instapot' question. Looks like a pressure cooker that's similar in design to an electric slow cooker.

Onward.

Comment

I have an 1,800 watt, counter-top, portable induction cook top coming, as well as an Instapot (though not that brand) in a 12.5 qt. size.

Wondered if my 22 qt (standard) pressure canner/cooker would work, but I'm guessing that more accurate heat/pressure control is desired. So.... ordered the other. All should arrive shortly.

Comment

Perhaps I've burned out sources of helpful input or teaching of methods.

I've never purposefully decarbed cannabis, hash, or oil; time did that all by itself... So I'll be looking further into that.

Getting the suppository molds and cacao butter ordered at the moment, with everything else either on the way, or here already.

Re-read the posts in this thread from last year during the wee night hours last evening, and picked up some hopeful and helpful information I'd parked in the more gray area of my brain... Refreshing information is good now and again.

Currently shot full of radioactive isotopes, waiting to return to town for them to light me up on the screen like a Halloween skeleton; a timely image, I guess, with Halloween being all of 8 days away.

So, headlong into what ever it is to be done. I'll be chewing broccoli sprouts and shoving THC, etc., suppositories up my southern regions in a short while. The indicators, while not conclusively 100% in all cases, are that these additional actions, along with the conventional course, are fairly effective for many persons. We'll see what my Karma and fortune scores are with the Cosmos, I guess.

**Note, along with the other 'disabilities' of renewing my membership at ICMag, I additionally cannot see who leaves me rep or messages attached to that rep. If I'm here long enough to conquer the hoops to getting to those ends, some of that may change, assuming the information isn't buried by then by incoming rep, etc.

Anyway, to those anonymous (for now) persons, thanks. I appreciate it.

Humorous stories from the earlier venturing into the imaging center this A.M., but I'll leave those alone for now. Other than to say that no matter which way a person turns, if they listen or look more closely, the Cosmos wears a big grin a lot of the time. Just have to be in the right frame of mind to see, hear, or appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by moose eater View Post
                Perhaps I've burned out sources of helpful input or teaching of methods.

I've never purposefully decarbed cannabis, hash, or oil; time did that all by itself... So I'll be looking further into that.

Getting the suppository molds and cacao butter ordered at the moment, with everything else either on the way, or here already.

Re-read the posts in this thread from last year during the wee night hours last evening, and picked up some hopeful and helpful information I'd parked in the more gray area of my brain... Refreshing information is good now and again.

Currently shot full of radioactive isotopes, waiting to return to town for them to light me up on the screen like a Halloween skeleton; a timely image, I guess, with Halloween being all of 8 days away.

So, headlong into what ever it is to be done. I'll be chewing broccoli sprouts and shoving THC, etc., suppositories up my southern regions in a short while. The indicators, while not conclusively 100% in all cases, are that these additional actions, along with the conventional course, are fairly effective for many persons. We'll see what my Karma and fortune scores are with the Cosmos, I guess.

**Note, along with the other 'disabilities' of renewing my membership at ICMag, I additionally cannot see who leaves me rep or messages attached to that rep. If I'm here long enough to conquer the hoops to getting to those ends, some of that may change, assuming the information isn't buried by then by incoming rep, etc.

Anyway, to those anonymous (for now) persons, thanks. I appreciate it.

Humorous stories from the earlier venturing into the imaging center this A.M., but I'll leave those alone for now. Other than to say that no matter which way a person turns, if they listen or look more closely, the Cosmos wears a big grin a lot of the time. Just have to be in the right frame of mind to see, hear, or appreciate it.
                And as stated earlier in this thread, multipole times, recently and not, I've always relied on passive evaporation in an enclosed porch during summer to rid ISO oil of solvent... So, devising a method to evaporate solvent with heat, in a safe manner, during winter, is going to require some creativity.

Comment

Originally posted by moose eater View Post
                  And as stated earlier in this thread, multipole times, recently and not, I've always relied on passive evaporation in an enclosed porch during summer to rid ISO oil of solvent... So, devising a method to evaporate solvent with heat, in a safe manner, during winter, is going to require some creativity.

Indeed it does.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7529.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	13016077

When I was broke, I recaptured the ethanol with a home made still. Worked pretty well.

Learned that you can not get 99% with a still.

Moisture in the air keeps it <140 proof, (70%). Used desiccated rock salt to get it to 180 proof. Best I could do.

Then switched to ISO. Got tired of dealing with the water after the recapture and found an inexpensive source of 99% at a vet. supply site.
                  Now I just boil it off. Anything that involves heat gets done outdoors only.

On decarboxylation;
                  It's true that cannabinoids decarb at room temperature, but it is extremely slow, we are talking years. Even at 212° F. it takes many hours. Too many.

Even with suppositories the THC-a molecule is too large to pass through the blood/brain barrier. The CO2 needs to be cooked off to make it medically active. and the smaller molecule transits the intestinal wall more readily.

And disregard the misinformation about anal dosing bypassing the liver.
                  It does no such thing. The only difference with that method is waste.

Inserted anally, very little gets absorbed. Most gets pooped out.

Oral dosing is much more efficient. the oil gets emulsified in the stomach and small intestine making it more available in the large intestine.
                  And adding a little lecithin will allow more emulsification and hence more absorption. RSO is way too pricey to waste,

As for packing and foil;
                  I pack it loosely and quadruple the foil. Then squish it around the threads.

If you use a lid, it will vacuum lock when the temp, and pressure drop. Had to drill a hole in my first attempt to get the jar open.

I'll give this a rest now until you are ready to proceed, yah?
                  Aloha,
                  Wee
                  "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
                  - Mark Twain

"Plants do things for a reason, they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny." -Weedhound
                  R.I.P

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom. -Francis Bacon

A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation. -Moliere

You're behaving as if there is no hope. Someone musta told you you were hopeless and you believed them! That's it, isn't it? What you believe about yrself rests on a pile of someone else's shit! - Teddybrae

Comment

That which matters most

Comment

Indeed it does.

[ATTACH]551051[/ATTACH]

When I was broke, I recaptured the ethanol with a home made still. Worked pretty well.

Moisture in the air keeps it <140 proof, (70%). Used desiccated rock salt to get it to 180 proof. Best I could do.

Then switched to ISO. Got tired of dealing with the water after the recapture and found an inexpensive source of 99% at a vet. supply site.

On decarboxylation;
                      It's true that cannabinoids decarb at room temperature, but it is extremely slow, we are talking years. Even at 212° F. it takes many hours. Too many.

Even with suppositories the THC-a molecule is too large to pass through the blood/brain barrier. The CO2 needs to be cooked off to make it medically active. and the smaller molecule transits the intestinal wall more readily.

Oral dosing is much more efficient. the oil gets emulsified in the stomach and small intestine making it more available in the large intestine.
                      And adding a little lecithin will allow more emulsification and hence more absorption. RSO is way too pricey to waste,

As for packing and foil;

If you use a lid, it will vacuum lock when the temp, and pressure drop. Had to drill a hole in my first attempt to get the jar open.

Aloha,
                      Wee
                      Thanks Weez,

So you're saying with confidence that the assertions of others that the cannabinoids are available at 85% in suppository form, versus 35% ingested orally, is disproven??

Almost sorry to read that, assuming it's true, as the other benefit I'd read re. suppositories is the lessening of the psychoactive effects, and knowing that serious dosing each day with oil, may well leave me less productive than I already am.

That, and the fact that I might've saved the money for the suppository molds and cacao butter chips... Maybe some other use will be found...

Last question on that issue; when you referenced the 160mg (or 180 mg?) dosage as showing better results in your experience than the higher dosages typically stated re. RSO, were you talking 160mg/180mg per dose, or per day, cumulatively?

Thanks.

Any area used to cook off alcohol would be best heated -somehow- here this time of year, though I know from experience with both gasoline AND Iso, that both evaporate, even in extreme cold, with no real heat source; it just takes longer (we routinely use 99% Iso in our fuel systems for a variety of purposes, and the cooling effects of the alcohol are readily experienced on fingers in serious cold..)..

That said, I could try cooking outdoors, with no significant enclosure, and strictly rely on the temperatures of the oil and cooking apparatus to cause the accelerated evaporation. But I know in advance that the induction cook-top's reported temp, and the oil's temp, will be measurably/significantly different in such a circumstance. Even at the current lows of +10 f., and highs of just below +20 f. to +30 f., there will be a significant disparity between the cooking surface and the temp of the oil.

Maybe cook a bit hotter surface temp, to bring the oil temp up??

Somewhat distant neighbors already know that I grill, etc., all winter long, so it shouldn't cause too much attention...

Anyway, thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Gry View Post
                        Thanks Gry, much appreciated. I'll spend some time with that.

Reading at IC last night, in one of Ringodoggie's threads re. decarbing, it was clear that extended times and temps were not helpful, though initially they had been perceived to be.

Seems like another area where there's still disagreement at times between well-versed persons re. what the best procedure is, let alone for someone like myself who has never done this in any purposeful manner.

I guess the inherent learning curve will not become less steep any time soon..

"And so it goes..."

Comment

Might be worth looking into Fauna Mana,, developed by Dr Robert Faust, fulvic pioneer

Comment

Indeed it does.

[ATTACH]551051[/ATTACH]

On decarboxylation;

As for packing and foil;

Aloha,
                            Wee
                            I meant to reiterate that I have a somewhat sizable amount of whole flower, heat-pressed brown/gold rosin here that I can use for ingestion, short of having my own more fresh oil ready to go.

Some of the rosin has been frozen for a couple months, and some has been at room temp (70 f to 72 f) in a jelly jar. So if you're able to clarify your statement bout dosage (i.e., daily 160-180, versus per dose), I can find a way to get it down, and can likely get empty capsules in town for oral ingestion, as well as a good probability of obtaining lecithin from one of the health food stores.

(*I need to stop by and pick up some strainer lids for sprouting broccoli seeds, anyway, so it'll be a dual purpose trip).

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by geneva_sativa View Post
                              Might be worth looking into Fauna Mana,, developed by Dr Robert Faust, fulvic pioneer
                              Thanks. I looked him up, and will be reading his various links from the Mana Life Laboratory later today.

Never considered fulvic acid for anything other than the plants, but, who knows?

Comment

Hey m.e,

I heard of some folks using a coffee cup warmer with a heat resistant container to concentrate, I haven't tried it myself, seems like an simple way to go. Wondering if it will decarb as well.

Great to see you here !!
                                Eat More Weed!

Comment

Working...
                                X