Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Weezard View Post
    Ah, I see the problem, you think you need more grapefruit spoons.
    An optimist would complain of too much grapefruit, yah?
    6 of 1.
    Like finding myself late for class with no pencil. It's simply another frustrating moment of not being adequately prepared.

    I researched nutritional values for grapefruit the other night, by the way, and was surprised by a number of things I read. Among them, was that grapefruit are a hybridized citrus, and that this was not originally known, which (once they discovered the history) caused the people involved to rename the things.

    Apparently they were the result of pomelos being bred to another citrus fruit type.

    They're (pink grapefruit) about the last citrus fruit I can eat, and not suffer notable increased glucose levels. I'd gotten to where a half of a little mandarin orange was like eating a ~2 TBSP of refined white sugar.

    Did I mention I like grapefruit?

    Oh, and that we need more grapefruit spoons.

    Well, Weez, the Doc, one of the better surgeons in urology and oncology in the Pacific Northwest, thinks there's 2:1 odds+ of my being cancer free in 5 years, and just over 1:1 odds of my being cancer-free in 10 years.

    I'm either going to have to change those odds some how, or get a whole LOT of stuff accomplished in the next 4 years and 11 months.

    I hate pressure.

    -----------------------------------------
    Gracie Slick

    'Toucan'

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuSl3qwfTTo

    ___________________
    Last edited by moose eater; 02-25-2021, 18:49.

    Comment


      Stop with the spoons already U got this bro!

      Comment


        We had a small home in Ft. Myers with a large number of citrus trees in the backyard. There were two grapefruit trees; one seedless, one seeded. The seeded fruit was a Duncan and it was the best tasting grapefruit I ever ate.
        https://citrusvariety.ucr.edu/citrus/duncan.html

        Have a great trip with your son.
        “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
        Ruth Bader Ginsburg

        Comment


          Ya know .....grapefruit juice is dangerous for some morons....lol I love it but it's nowhere near as popular as it used to be. The ruby reds w a small spoon of sugar sprinkled on em was a breakfast staple for breakfast growing up
          I eat legos

          Comment


            maybe the spoon lady has some she isn't playing...or the lovin spoonful...


            [youtubeif]UxbLsfK-3TI[/youtubeif]
            "when i run outta weed, i smoke match sticks...
            that first hit is FIRE!!!"


            "I'm not always a dick...but when I am, I drink cheap beer".

            Comment


              Grapefruit is a citrus hybrid originating in Barbados as an accidental cross between the sweet orange (C. sinensis) and the pomelo or shaddock (C. maxima), both of which were introduced from Asia in the 17th century.[2] When found, it was called the forbidden fruit.[1] In the past it was referred to as the pomelo,[3] but that term is now the common name for Citrus maxima.[4]
              That which matters most

              Comment


                I hope u have a great day!,MOOSE!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by buzzmobile View Post
                  We had a small home in Ft. Myers with a large number of citrus trees in the backyard. There were two grapefruit trees; one seedless, one seeded. The seeded fruit was a Duncan and it was the best tasting grapefruit I ever ate.
                  https://citrusvariety.ucr.edu/citrus/duncan.html

                  Have a great trip with your son.
                  My mother had a home in Scottsdale Arizona for a good while. She and my younger brother moved there from SW Michigan, after I'd left the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for the Yukon Territory in 1977.

                  They had an in-ground concrete pool in the back yard, with a patio. There were a couple of grapefruit trees in the back yard, and my morning ritual when I visited there was to take the bong out to the pool area, do some swimming, a few tokes, and then on to what ever.

                  Tree-ripened grapefruit, like tree-ripened ANY fruit, is the best I've ever eaten.

                  But the little kids down the street would gather up the old, large paper grocery bags, filled to the brim with tree-ripened grapefruit they would pick up off the ground, having fallen from weight and ripeness, and sell a bag of them for $1.00 to $1.50 door-to-door or on the subdivision street corners.

                  Reminded me of running up or down Hwy 97, through British Columbia, in the later part of summer or early fall, and getting those same old paper grocery bags, filled to the brim with AMAZINGLY SWEET sweet corn, for about the same money; $1 to $1.50/bag full.

                  Extra Large translucent-core apples in the PNW was another source of incredible road food, and on the hwys in Western and Central Washington, getting stuck next to an orchard of Rainier cherries.. Mmmmm.

                  We had plum, peach and apple trees in a small orchard as kids, as well as a grape vine/arbor, in SW Michigan. Whether grapes or the other fruit, pre-ripened, they all made for excellent projectiles in skirmishes with neighboring kids. Green grapes fired from a slingshot were the shit.

                  --------------------------------------

                  A rerun, but worthy

                  The Allman Bros. go acoustic, with Dicky Betts, Warren Haynes, Gregg Allman, & the same unknown figure on the right from the last time.

                  And ....

                  A hitch-hiker's tribute...

                  'Melissa'

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggeab0lKz2c

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by 7thson View Post
                    I hope u have a great day!,MOOSE!
                    Thanks 7th.

                    Noted you got banned. Hope you are able to undo that.

                    -----------------------------------------

                    Allman Bros. Band, Live

                    'Soulshine'

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE1lsCA-y-o

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by trichrider View Post
                      maybe the spoon lady has some she isn't playing...or the lovin spoonful...


                      [youtubeif]UxbLsfK-3TI[/youtubeif]

                      Thanks trich.

                      Yeah, I'll have to track down the spoon lady and see if she knows anything.

                      The place we're staying for surgery, etc., apparently has a strict weapons policy; no knives of any kind, other than the utensils available in the common area shared kitchens. So I have to leave my pocket knife, my sidearm, and probably my grapefruit spoons at home, lest we offend someone, and I find myself needing to find new accommodations.... Which I've thought about doing anyway, after the grief I got from a particular staff member there when I was reserving the room for this trip.

                      ---------------------------------------

                      Flutes, shells, and other (natural) instruments.

                      'The Sounds of Silence'

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=444JSd9tMkc

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Gry View Post
                        Grapefruit is a citrus hybrid originating in Barbados as an accidental cross between the sweet orange (C. sinensis) and the pomelo or shaddock (C. maxima), both of which were introduced from Asia in the 17th century.[2] When found, it was called the forbidden fruit.[1] In the past it was referred to as the pomelo,[3] but that term is now the common name for Citrus maxima.[4]
                        Thanks Gry.

                        That was pretty much what I read, though I failed to retain some of the details.

                        They go way back, have some impressive nutritional value, and unsweetened, are still just right in their blend of bitter and sweet.

                        -----------------------------------------

                        Big Head Todd & The Monsters

                        Live at Red Rocks

                        'Bittersweet'

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyd9OcI37AY

                        Comment


                          Just because.... A beauty.. Soaring back-up vocals.

                          Big Head Todd, Live at Red Rocks, 2008

                          'It's Alright'

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OugrvGCQLmg

                          <Same show>

                          'Circle'

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=garlTzzq6X0

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by moose eater View Post
                            A rerun, but worthy
                            The Allman Bros. go acoustic, with Dicky Betts, Warren Haynes, Gregg Allman, & the same unknown figure on the right from the last time.
                            And ....
                            A hitch-hiker's tribute...
                            'Melissa'
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggeab0lKz2c
                            there are 4 musicians, Greg Allman, Warren Haynes, Greg and Dicky Betts...roll the dice. 25% chance you'll figure it out...this stage of the game, you don't need unanswered questions lagging.


                            [youtubeif]zO8IwPbALK4[/youtubeif]


                            Guitar Boogie & Working Man Blues (Live) l Collaborations l Tommy Emmanuel with Billy Strings
                            "when i run outta weed, i smoke match sticks...
                            that first hit is FIRE!!!"


                            "I'm not always a dick...but when I am, I drink cheap beer".

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by moose eater View Post
                              Thanks Gry.

                              That was pretty much what I read, though I failed to retain some of the details.

                              They go way back, have some impressive nutritional value, and unsweetened, are still just right in their blend of bitter and sweet.

                              -----------------------------------------

                              Big Head Todd & The Monsters

                              Live at Red Rocks

                              'Bittersweet'

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyd9OcI37AY
                              Recall having heard when I was young, that there were those who exposed

                              cuttings of various citrus were exposed to various levels and types of radiation in an effort to find something novel, always wondered how well

                              that worked out.
                              That which matters most

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Gry View Post
                                Recall having heard when I was young, that there were those who exposed

                                cuttings of various citrus were exposed to various levels and types of radiation in an effort to find something novel, always wondered how well

                                that worked out.
                                Orange groves can now be harvested at night as a result of the radiation experiments.


                                Attached Files
                                “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
                                Ruth Bader Ginsburg

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X