What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]High test alcohol and heat in a domestic setting have always been taboo in my view. With better venting, or maybe arranging a place in an out-building, the risk of unintended fire would drop significantly. Outdoor temps are not sufficient at the moment for more passive evaporation in an unheated environment, such as my enclosed back porch."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Had a prostatectomy in 2006[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Excellent surgeon, I don't leak and sex is still an option. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Different, but an option. View Image
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Had biological recurrence after 18 months and it was fast, 6 month doubling rate.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The oil has slowed that to 2 years and my recent addition of commercial CBD has slowed it to what is looking like a 4-5 year doubling rate.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I'll have actual numbers from my next blood test in about 6 months but my last test showed only a 0.4 ng. increase in PSA in over nine months.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's at 21 ng. and change, presently. With 0 symptoms.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] So, here's how a lazy, but responsible guy makes oil.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unless you own a professional fume hood, Iso indoors is a bad move.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The decarb is fine, but I don't even do the soak indoors.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And passive evaporation turns 99% iso into, at minimum, 91% by absorbing moisture from the air, even when relative humidity is quite low.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Then you have to cope with that water at the end.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Best way I've found is induction plate, 2 quart saucepan, several ziplock bags and a good fan.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]First, get the buds as dry as you can.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I use several, gallon ziplocks for the soak and smoosh.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pour iso into the first bag, smoosh, and let it soak for 10 minutes or so. Then pour that solvent into a second bag, pour fresh iso into the first bag and let it soak while I smoosh the second one. Just keep water-falling until each bag has had 3 soaks.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More that that get less than 1% return.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I gather the solvent into a large jug. seal it, and let it sit overnight.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The muck settles to the bottom and makes filtering much faster.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Faster filtering pick us less water from the air.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Then, I decant it through a coffee filter lined funnel into another jug, or into the boil pot. (depends on the amount.)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I do all of this outdoors.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Avoids fumes and flames, yah?[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I set the induction plate to 200° F. for the boil and set the fan to blow across the top.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That stops any boil over, and avoids burning the product.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Then I set timers while the iso boils off. At the end I turn the temp. up to 220° to boil off the water.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When the large, water, bubbles cease and the tiny, CO2, bubbles begin, kill the heat and fill syringes.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It really is that easy.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The oil is ready to use immediately. and because of the efficient decarb, it will be very potent.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I squirt 120 - 140 mg. at a time into #2 capsules. (that's about 2 grains of long rice worth).[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Higher doses are less effective.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Found that out the hard way, trial and error. :([/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dosage is adjusted for patient size, but 1.1 mg. per Kg. seems close to optimal for me.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is what worked for me. It may well work for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So quit worrying and go eat a moose. :)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aloha,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wee
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Thanks Weez.

That's the sort of detail an obsessive compulsive person like myself can appreciate.

Not sure where I can immediately set up warm environment to bake off the solvents, and if I've read your last several comments correctly, you are opposed to using ethanol/Everclear. (one benefit is that as a person evaps the solvent, thinks too long about all things involved, they can take a low-carb swig of the solvent, and carry on. My anticipated version of multi-tasking... :laughing:

Can you elaborate re. whether cooking with ethanol, using your approach is possible to be made more safe?

When I made ISO oil years ago, there was a younger fellow from British Columbia here (ICMag) who went by Shmike, or something very close to that.

I had known a PhD plant pathologist up here in the early 1980s (former quasi-partner) who made hash oil in beakers with low-heat cook-off, using petroleum ether. (Some near-catastrophic events that can be laughed at in retrospect occurred), but his oil was always a putrid chlorophyll-laden dark green. He pulverized/ground his cannabis very fine, and soaked it for 24 hours or more, if I recall correctly.

Shmike held fast to his belief at that time that the clippings or loosely refined flower should never be ground up, let alone finely, the material should be 'springy dry' (not crumbly), and should be quickly submerged in the appropriate amount of be agitated briskly for no more than 30 seconds with the ISO (or other solvent used).

I used 1-gallon jars with lids we have here (still), and would pour the solvent from a beer pitcher over the cannabis that was in a sterilized 1-gallon jar, start the timer, and agitate the bejeesus out of it for about 30 seconds.

The result was a product much closer to the taste and smell of the Middle Eastern red Nepali oil of the 1970s and early 1980s.

That was the process leading up to the passive evaporation referenced earlier. I had never considered the iso-laden oil leeching H2O from the air... Counter-productive once that's considered.

I have a number of HRV exhaust grates in the house, but they lack the cfm's for safe cooking of solvents. I'll need to get creative, I think.

Made 2-1/4 gallons of traditional (not American) norther Mexican/Texas chili, but with moose and black turtle beans the other day; yet another act of defiance where the protein news was concerned. Still have some moose steaks, maybe a roast or 3, some nearing-ancient moose short ribs (have to be in a specific mood and energy level to process those correctly and oven-bake them.

Still have a bit of salmon, cod, and maybe a bit of halibut.

So, stir-fried veggies in coconut oil are on my radar for a while to come.

I'm sorry to read that your cancer came back so strong, but feel optimistic to read of your experiences with playing with doses of oil, and the successes' therein.

The concept of 'cell suicide', as it relates to cancer cells' reactions to THC/CBD oils is something that provides some hope, but it's tempered by knowing that not everyone responds the same way to this.

CT scan is done, with all the corresponding 'bells and whistles' a distant childhood friend warned of, though not as significantly as I had perceived from his descriptions. Wondered what happens if a person heads straight from a radiological set like that, or nuclear bone scans, and heads straight to the TSA security screening, and into the detection equipment; does the sensor go nuts? :laughing:

The nuclear bone scan is coming up Friday or so... Should know after that how localized the cancer is or isn't.

"Another day, another dollar..."

Going to go smoke some White Lotus #4 (my numerical designation), and contemplate changes to my soilless mix, as well as how to devise a safer area to have a comfy temperature in, and not blow it up.

The soil prof wrote back, and my intuition re. calcium binding my P was closer to the mark than I thought.. He replied with tremendous specificity, so now I can spend some serious time digesting his very generous helpfulness, and then take a step forward in that endeavor, and everything else.

Take care, and thanks again.:tiphat:

G

Here is another angle in natural healing of cancer and other disorders. I ordered some extract of broccoli as the growing of broccoli sprouts added to my pot growing seems to put me off of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz4YVJ4aRfg&t=2154s

Thanks, yesum.

I'll watch a bit of this before I go hit on the White Lotus. Called my wife down to view this as well.

Interested to see if it is similar to my Doc's references to whole plant diet and nutrient packed calories from plants, seeds, nuts, etc., On the surface of it, I'm initially thinking it does. But I'll know more in a bit.

Thanks again..

More later, I'm sure.:tiphat:

G

Here is another angle in natural healing of cancer and other disorders. I ordered some extract of broccoli as the growing of broccoli sprouts added to my pot growing seems to put me off of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz4YVJ4aRfg&t=2154s

Well.. I was somewhat incorrect.

It goes very rapidly into the various attributes of the enzymes and other properties in or related to sulforaphane, which seems to be taking the basic, "Eat more cabbage, broccoli, etc., and it helps with cancer" into the 'why' of it.

On that note, we're headed upstairs to watch the video on YouTube on a larger screen, and from a more horizontal position.

We paused the video early on, and I looked up organic (for sprouting) broccoli seeds, and at one site I found 2-1/2 lbs. for just under $54.

Depending on what variety of broccoli seed they're selling (there or elsewhere), in that we grow a GOOD bit of broccoli each summer in the garden, we could use the stuff for the intended purpose of sprouting, but if a decent, productive gardening hybrid (especially tolerant of our climate here) we could grow them in the garden, as well.

Her comments re. the Greek fellow from WAY back when, and his regard for cabbage as a medicinal veggie; we grew Golden Acre cabbage this year (as we do most years), and we were on a coleslaw binge for quite a while, using both our cabbage and our Scarlet Nantes carrots, which, despite the shitty summer this year, our carrots were even sweeter than is typical. (Good for flavor, but questionable for carb content).

We used both, as well as the broccoli this year, in stir-fries as well.

We'll go give it a complete viewing, and imbibe some of the White Lotus.

Thank you again.

BTW, folks, as I'm starting out with a new membership here, I can't give rep, nor can I read or send private messages.

:ying:

G

I put baking soda in my water, in an attempt to lower my body acidity. Or at least in my digestive tract. Maybe it reduces cancer, who knows? Haven't had any downside yet. I started taking it for reflux, had a hernia fixed, and now just keep on doing it.

https://www.healthline.com/health/cancer/alkaline-water-cancer#research

Thanks.

I'll do some reading/viewing at the link you posted shortly, after we watch the video yesum posted.

I'm willing to try most things at least once.

Thanks again.:tiphat:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Thanks, yesum.

I'll watch a bit of this before I go hit on the White Lotus. Called my wife down to view this as well.

Interested to see if it is similar to my Doc's references to whole plant diet and nutrient packed calories from plants, seeds, nuts, etc., On the surface of it, I'm initially thinking it does. But I'll know more in a bit.

Thanks again..

More later, I'm sure.:tiphat:
My father had an aggressive form of prostate cancer and needed an operation. He is fully recovered but as it now runs in the family I am at risk.

I went on a reduced meat, then fully whole foods plant based diet, in an effort to reduce my high cholesterol. I also get my PSA levels tested every year. A previous test showed slight elevation, nothing to worry about, but still a concern.

After being on my plant based diet not only did my cholesterol reduce but also my PSA. I found the video that yesum posted very interesting. and I'm off to buy broccoli sprouts. I eat heaps of cruciferous vegetables anyway and broccoli almost every day.

I'm not a health professional so don't take this as gospel. I' am simply saying that this was my experience.

Good luck with everything.

Last edited:
G

My father had an aggressive form of prostate cancer and needed an operation. He is fully recovered but as it now runs in the family I am at risk.

I went on a reduced meat, then fully whole foods plant based diet, in an effort to reduce my high cholesterol. I also get my PSA levels tested every year. A previous test showed slight elevation, nothing to worry about, but still a concern.

After being on my plant based diet not only did my cholesterol reduce but also my PSA. I found the video that yesum posted very interesting. and I'm off to buy broccoli sprouts. I eat heaps of cruciferous vegetables anyway and broccoli almost every day.

I'm not a health professional so don't take this as gospel. I' am simply saying that this was my experience.

Good luck with everything.

All helpful reports, Chi.

The importance of veggies in diet are important for a number of ailments. Sometimes I let it slip for a bit. Meat is easy; toss it in a skillet or on the grill, seasoning, and eat it. But the excesses are clearly not good for us... And I love meats.

Thanks for your report.

I suspect we'll be ingesting larger amounts of sprouted broccoli seed. Maybe toss in some radish sprouts to spice it up a bit; used to mix those with alfalfa sprouts way back when.

Thanks again.:tiphat:

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I had known a PhD plant pathologist up here in the early 1980s (former quasi-partner) who made hash oil in beakers with low-heat cook-off, using petroleum ether. (Some near-catastrophic events that can be laughed at in retrospect occurred), but his oil was always a putrid chlorophyll-laden dark green. He pulverized/ground his cannabis very fine, and soaked it for 24 hours or more, if I recall correctly.

Shmike held fast to his belief at that time that the clippings or loosely refined flower should never be ground up, let alone finely, the material should be 'springy dry' (not crumbly), and should be quickly submerged in the appropriate amount of be agitated briskly for no more than 30 seconds with the ISO (or other solvent used).

I used 1-gallon jars with lids we have here (still), and would pour the solvent from a beer pitcher over the cannabis that was in a sterilized 1-gallon jar, start the timer, and agitate the bejeesus out of it for about 30 seconds.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The result was a product much closer to the taste and smell of the Middle Eastern red Nepali oil of the 1970s and early 1980s."[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ethanol is jus' fine for them that can afford it. :) It's just not as efficient as a solvent for this purpose. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I agree with Shmike on the grinding. Whole bud is best.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can get around the nasty green oil thing in several ways.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I used to chill the iso, and the buds in the freezer and do the extraction in beer coolers to keep it cold. Be a lot easier to keep cold up there.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That freezes out the water and thus, the chlorophyll, sugars, starches, yadayada. In short, all the water solubles. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Then re-dissolve in ethanol and pop it back in the freezer to "winterize" it, (filter out the waxes)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PITA but the final product was a golden honey oil. Great curb appeal, but sadly little medical value.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What to do?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Easy. Decarb in an instapot first.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That disassembles the chlorophyll, turns the buds yellow and yields tasty, aromatic, dark golden oil of excellent quality. Cosmetically and medically.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Extracted my first oil in 1968. Used Ronsonal.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] A smelly lighter fluid that was mostly naphtha.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Now, that, was nasty tasting, and it reeked.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Still, quite effective when smoked, but not when ingested.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Has to be decarbed for that.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here's a tip for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you extract from good buds, the oil yield is about 20% by weight.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you are torn about using up all your inhalation titration to make oil, buy a bag of crushed ice, or mine it from the yard. :)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chill your buds, mash 'em with the ice, and make some fine hash. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The yield will only be about 10% by weight.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That tells us something, yah?[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I re-dry the buds after making hash, decarb them, dry 'em out again and use ISO to get the remaining 10% as oil. I'm too cheap to waste anything.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And quite OCD as you can see. :tiphat:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

buzzmobile

Veteran
Ironic and serendipitous that you mentioned Cosmos a couple of times above, moose eater. One of my brothers' birthday is today. I bought a gift for him.

attachment.php

:tiphat:

Attachments

• cosmos.jpg
    cosmos.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 61
G

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I had known a PhD plant pathologist up here in the early 1980s (former quasi-partner) who made hash oil in beakers with low-heat cook-off, using petroleum ether. (Some near-catastrophic events that can be laughed at in retrospect occurred), but his oil was always a putrid chlorophyll-laden dark green. He pulverized/ground his cannabis very fine, and soaked it for 24 hours or more, if I recall correctly.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The result was a product much closer to the taste and smell of the Middle Eastern red Nepali oil of the 1970s and early 1980s."[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ethanol is jus' fine for them that can afford it. :) It's just not as efficient as a solvent for this purpose. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I agree with Shmike on the grinding. Whole bud is best.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can get around the nasty green oil thing in several ways.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I used to chill the iso, and the buds in the freezer and do the extraction in beer coolers to keep it cold. Be a lot easier to keep cold up there.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That freezes out the water and thus, the chlorophyll, sugars, starches, yadayada. In short, all the water solubles. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Then re-dissolve in ethanol and pop it back in the freezer to "winterize" it, (filter out the waxes)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PITA but the final product was a golden honey oil. Great curb appeal, but sadly little medical value.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What to do?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Easy. Decarb in an instapot first.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That disassembles the chlorophyll, turns the buds yellow and yields tasty, aromatic, dark golden oil of excellent quality. Cosmetically and medically.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Extracted my first oil in 1968. Used Ronsonal.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] A smelly lighter fluid that was mostly naphtha.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Now, that, was nasty tasting, and it reeked.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Still, quite effective when smoked, but not when ingested.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Has to be decarbed for that.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here's a tip for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you extract from good buds, the oil yield is about 20% by weight.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you are torn about using up all your inhalation titration to make oil, buy a bag of crushed ice, or mine it from the yard. :)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chill your buds, mash 'em with the ice, and make some fine hash. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The yield will only be about 10% by weight.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That tells us something, yah?[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I re-dry the buds after making hash, decarb them, dry 'em out again and use ISO to get the remaining 10% as oil. I'm too cheap to waste anything.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And quite OCD as you can see. :tiphat:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Thanks again, Weez.

I built (with the help of a skilled, union tin/sheet-metal bender, about 20+ years ago) an automated hash tumbler wheel, encased in stainless #100 screen, using a Dayton gear-reduction drive 110 AC motor, turning at about 25-35 rpm, and refined over time to preserve the bearings/bushings in the motor.

Depending on how clean the #100 mesh is (I often use the 99% ISO and a utility tooth brush to clean the bugger in a -large- mixing bowl), and the plant source in question, I've historically gotten back 5% to 13% of input weight in hash from my trimmings.

I've almost never used whole bud for hash-making, and did pretty well with my trimmings as source for both hash, as well as when I've made canna butter (which I still have most of a lb. of in the freezer; dark chocolate brownies with walnuts and THC, even when made with maple syrup and honey, have the tendency to slightly boost my glucose levels, or more, and the oral ingestion is far less controllable than toking...

But with each new occasion, may come new routines or rules, eh??

It'll be a while before I can mine any meaningful ice in the year here, anyway. We've just got a couple inches of snow, and will be waiting a bit for the glazed base to set up, so we can motate with tracks and skis, rather than ATV tires; that period of transition that comes each year. Apparently this year with added emphasis, metaphorical, poetic, and otherwise, on the 'period of transition.'

The Cosmos, INDEED, has a sense of humor at times, or seems to, at least..

Tomorrow morning is my nuclear bone scan. My Dox has my results already from my CT scan, but likely won't be sharing those with me, until he has the nuclear bone scan results on Friday/tomorrow. Makes sense, though as a kid, I was never god at waiting for Christmas presents to be opened, and would sneak into my mother's closet with a razor blaze in August (the fact that she had wrapped Christmas presents in her closet in August is a statement about familial obsessive compulsive attributes unto itself), carefully slice the tape, peak at the wares, carefully overlay a piece of identical Scotch tape over the dissected tape, and place it back in the closet, feigning surprise on Christmas morning...

I'm still that guy; waiting makes me all sizes of edgy at times. But, as stated earlier, this is learning time, and the Cosmos has some teaching in store, apparently.

Thanks for everything. I mean that.

I'll be reading, re-reading, and digesting your and others' input here, the soil prof's insights, etc., and trying to get projects finished here before either winter is too cold, or time is short.

Take care.

G

Ironic and serendipitous that you mentioned Cosmos a couple of times above, moose eater. One of my brothers' birthday is today. I bought a gift for him.

View Image

:tiphat:

I've walked a few religious or faith-based paths in life, buzz. Fundamentalist Pentecostal, average white bread liberal Protestant as a youngster, American Indian Church in a loose knit manner, and others. I've come to be a devout Agnostic, though sensing that there is something in the Universe, whether electrical charge, or unclarified capacity in our minds/bodies, or what ever.

I see the word Cosmos, as representing all of what it is or isn't, and leave it at that most of the time.

I think Sagan is a very smart man to read from; he lacks the barriers that keep many of us stuck in the quagmire of only those things we've seen with our eyes and touched physically, making the assumptions that that is all there is or can be.

But the Cosmos is my word for all things spiritual most of the time, any unseen, unknown, and even maybe non-existent forces of that sort.

I hope your brother appreciates your gift.

Thanks. Take care.

G

Thanks. Very much.

In my earlier efforts, I read a variety of research papers/abstracts from the sources you posted, but likely not al of what you've put forth.

I'll be going through the links, videos, and more that folks have put up in this thread, and trying to find my path in doing so.

Like I said before, what ever proverbial ammunition a person has in any given circumstance, use all that's available, until there comes some indication that it isn't right for the person.

In that regard, all pointers, links, etc., are welcome, and will be used as much as they can be.

Thank you again. Sincerely.:tiphat:

G

Sprouting broccoli seeds, as well as sprouting radish seeds, salad seed mix for sprouting, and organic garden-type broccoli seeds are all on the way from a vendor I found online.

I guess the juicer my daughter recently left here, which we'd earlier been critical as to whether or not it amounted to much more than a counter decoration, now has a purpose... Broccoli sprout juice looks to be the wave of the future for a while to come (sounds horrible on the surface, but then most medicinal compounds typically lack in good taste properties).

I figure the radish sprouts will spice up the broccoli sprouts, and also avail themselves to sandwiches, salads, etc., as well... But a broccoli sprout smoothie???... Well, I can see myself being prepared to hold my nose a bit, and doing some frantic gulping... or not..

We'll see.

Might end up being tasty.

shithawk420

Veteran
Hey good to see you Moose! Glad your back.i for one don't care about taste but can see why it would put some people off.cant you just put fruit in the smoothie or would that somehow make a bad reaction to the sprouts? I'd heard of things like that happening

G

Hey good to see you Moose! Glad your back.i for one don't care about taste but can see why it would put some people off.cant you just put fruit in the smoothie or would that somehow make a bad reaction to the sprouts? I'd heard of things like that happening

Hey 'hawk! Hope all's well in your 'hood. Good to see you as well!

Can't do much fructose, as I'm battling multiple issues simultaneously, and the diets related to each don't always take the same course. The broccoli sprouts and whole plant diet thing happens to satisfy BOTH needs, however.

But thanks for the idea.

Plugging my nose won't be bad; if it tasted good, it probably wouldn't be good for us, right? :laughing:

Feel free to drop by for an exchange any time, or to present a new idea. We often go through lots of no-goes before coming to the magic light-bulb moment.

Take care.:tiphat:

G

Weez,

Looking into induction hot plates, and trying to locate one that accommodates my Pyrex 9" x 13" baking dishes, though the burners tend to be more square or round.

There's a $140 model from Home Despot, that sucks down 1,800 watts, is counter-top and portable, and has a max cooking area of 11.8 inches sq., with what is presented as an accurate heat range from 140 f. to 460 f.

Over-kill??

Wondering if my (when unrestricted air flow is involved) 460 cfm oven hood over the stove would be adequate for avoiding any whoopsies that cancel my home-owners' insurance?

We went over-kill on the oven range hood when I bought it, buying the one with the greatest cfm's, and from a well-known/established brand, knowing that with the angles, length of ducting to the outdoor hood, etc., I'm likely getting no more than 225 to 250 cfm's out of a fan that, unrestricted, is rated to about 460 or more.

Otherwise I need to insulate my shed, and find a heat source that involves no open flames, and not even the red glow of wires from an electric panel. Out in the shed I can hook up an axial fan to a shroud of either poly sheeting, or (???), around a 12" wide, 24" or so tall single pane casement window, and use that window and fan set-up as an exhaust system. (*Still close to the house, but at ;least not IN the house).

I'll have to go back and re-read your syringe loading technique later on, as well.

G

The good news? My Gleason was a 7-8, stage 4 and quite aggressive at first.
The original doubling rate had me long gone by now. Instead, I had to say goodbye to my dog after 13 years and I'm still puttering around. Only got the pup because I was sure she'd outlive me.

Kept a graph of the rising PSA. Tracked and documented the slowing of the doubling rate. Learned about RSO early on, and am getting good at extraction with practice.
Will be happy to share what I have learned.

As I wrote before, the most important thing I learned was proper dosage, and to pre-decarb the flowers.
More than enough, is too much. And de-carbing the finished product risks ruining the whole batch.

It's easy.

Stuff a jar with buds,seal it with aluminum foil and chuck it into an Instapot. Hit manual, high pressure, and set the timer for 44 minutes. The buds will turn golden, and so will the final product.

I used to go to great lengths to "winterize" and filter my oil, but found it counter-productive When I use it to remove a melanoma, it is not just the medley of cannabinoids in play. Seems there are enzymes as well that do some of the heavy lifting when dissolving melanomas and neuroendocrine tumors.

Know that ethanol is quite toxic, it's a matter of dosage.
I use Isopropyl because it is a superior solvent and purges as completely and easily as the ethanol.
Have used Naphtha, acetone, methanol, ether and THF. I do not recommend any of them, and oil extracted with butane was medically ineffective. Don't know why.

Look into obtaining an induction hot plate for the boil-off. Safest method I've found and very controllable.

I went through the "end it all" thoughts too. I think we all do. You get over that when you find it's not hopeless. And the "treatment" has some enjoyable side effects.

OK, Time for a pontification pause.

But I'm right here if you hit a snag. No be shy.

Aloha,
Wee

Reviewing a number of things right now.

What is an 'instapot'?

When you refer to sealing jars with tin foil, are you talking about threading the jar's threaded band over tin foil, leaving the lid out of the equation, or simply loosely setting crimped foil over the jars, with no band or lid?

How full/packed are the jars? I assume you want heat to freely circulate around the buds?

Will this method work for prepping trim for extraction purposes, as well?

Thanks.

G

Sorry about the number of successive posts; I answered the 'instapot' question. Looks like a pressure cooker that's similar in design to an electric slow cooker.

Onward.

G

I have an 1,800 watt, counter-top, portable induction cook top coming, as well as an Instapot (though not that brand) in a 12.5 qt. size.

Wondered if my 22 qt (standard) pressure canner/cooker would work, but I'm guessing that more accurate heat/pressure control is desired. So.... ordered the other. All should arrive shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.