X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trichrider View Post
    https://www.jbc.org/content/275/41/31938.abstract

wow. i apologize for not confirming the current status of those links.
    that may jeopardize the entire list in my sticky being changed, deleted, moved, censored, whatever...

i'm a bit embarrassed that only one actually worked, and i'd be even more embarrassed if more of my list reflect the same.

https://grannystormcrowslist.wordpress.com/

you may find better more up-to-date links in Grannys list.

again, apologies.
    Thanks Trich. By no means did I intend to embarrass you; just giving you a status update on them.

I pursued most of them, and did some initial reading in other threads or articles others posted or sent via PM, as well.

I'm still a novice in re. to converting % of THC/CBD in whole plant material or raw flower, to mg in ingested or suppository-type extract medicines, if such conversions can be done, and I'm going to need some help with that. Perhaps write to some of those who were referenced by Lost Tribe in his post.

If I'm doing this, I need to intend to do it all-out, by the numbers, in the ways prescribed, as well as any conventional medicine/treatments, providing there's no conflicts between the 2.

Hella day of errands in town, and just home briefly to walk the pups, grab a package for the aircraft to the bush, and so forth.

Gotsta' run!!

Thanks again, everyone.

Comment

Cannabinoid Receptor as a Novel Target for the Treatment of Prostate Cancer
      https://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/c.../1635.full.pdf
      ...confirmed...

Cannabinoids in cancer treatment: Therapeutic potential and legislation
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6387667/
      ...confirmed...

Anandamide Induces Apoptosis
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10913156
      ...confirmed...

The therapeutic rationale for combining tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol.
      https://www.theroc.us/researchlibrary/Russo_A%20tale%20of%20two%20ca nnabinoids.pdf
      &

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16209908
      ...confirmed...

fortunately moose, i embarrassed myself
      but i did manage to locate a few of the articles from and through that embarrassment to reconcile the inaccuracies.

some of the others were located but appeared not to address the pertinence of prostrate problems...they were directed towards other forms of cancer.

i'm now faced with having to go through the rest of my links to locate the articles and abstracts relevant to the titles.

have a safe and productive trip my friend.

"when i run outta weed, i smoke match sticks...
      that first hit is FIRE!!!"

"I'm not always a dick...but when I am, I drink cheap beer".

Comment

Thanks for your efforts, Trich. I appreciate it.

I was just coming back into this thread to announce a couple things, as well as clarification of, and repeating of, a couple remaining questions.

I spoke at length with another cancer patient last night about extraction methods. it's been over a decade (likely going on 2) since I did Iso-extraction, using a modified version of an old IC member's tech, Schmike.

(*If you're still out there, Schmike, and still with us, thank you. Though instead of using your heating method for evap, close to 20 years ago, I simply covered Pyrex 9"x13" baking dishes with nylon noseeum bug screen, holding the mesh out of the solution by fixing it in place with a girdle of linked heavy-duty rubber bands, and allowed the solution to evaporate on its own, over time, allowing extra time near the end of the process, as the remaining amount of alcohol is more difficult to get rid of, especially with no heat. I would then take the crudely refined oil extract made from my sugar trim, and scrape it from the baking dishes, into a high-ball glass or 2, and place them into a sauce pan with hot water on low heat on the stove top, with the oil then settling into a nice even appearance, silky in texture, and presumably with the limited heating of the extract in the glass, getting rid of the remaining solvent).

The word 'presumably in that sentence, and this being intended for use as a medical issue now, rather than recreational, with the prospect of it being used as a suppository, to boot, has led me to thinking that 198 proof Everclear is the preferred solvent; 99% Iso versus 99% Ethanol. A no-brainer in my way of thinking.

I have ONE bottle currently of the 198 proof Everclear, brought back from Arizona this last winter, and the last I checked, we can no longer get the 198 proof Everclear in Alaska, due to what I perceive as nanny-statists (I believe?), but CAN get the 151 proof Everclear.

I know that as of a year ago, I could get 198 proof in Canada (for sure Alberta, and MAYBE the Yukon Territory, where I travel to a couple times a year). Bringing enough back through Customs for an ongoing processing of medicine might have me filing out some paperwork, and forking over some duty, however.

One gem to arise from the discussion with my cancer friend on the southern west coast was the thought of a rosin press. So I went looking.

Found Rosin Tech Presses, starting out at about $295, with the next model up being about $495. I haven't spoken with anyone to get a handle on volume of CLEAN pressed rosin to be expected from 15%, 17% to 19% sugar trim, or slightly more potent flower.

So I'm currently seeking some of those answers, as well as how to convert % of THC in raw flower or leaf, using Ethanol extraction, into mg of THC or CBD/dose in 500 mg or 1 gram caps.

Benefits to both techs. I suspect the Ethanol gives a more potent and cleaner product, while the press doesn't involve solvents.

Other questions include the thought that if 1 gram/day of THC is the target, delivered via 3 doses per day of ~333 mg each, can I assume that matching this with 1 gram/day of CBD, also in suppository form, would be in synch with the concept of 'more is better,' or 'more is less'?

Any well-founded answers to the questions or inquiries raised are welcome and appreciated.

Power of suggestion in half-wake, half-sleep state; I woke up half-way this A.M., to my wife watching (again) Leonardo DeCaprio's 'Revenant'. Great film the first one or 2 times around. Went back to sleep to find myself in dream-state, in a rustic cabin, with some calamity circumstance occurring that I can't remember now. I'll put in a suggestion that if there's going to be a movie on when I'm in that state, please make it a happy one, with no conflict or anxiety.

Annnnd, I'm shortly off to snag a couple hundred gallons of #1 heating oil....

Comment

Originally posted by moose eater View Post
          Thanks for your efforts, Trich. I appreciate it.

I was just coming back into this thread to announce a couple things, as well as clarification of, and repeating of, a couple remaining questions.

I spoke at length with another cancer patient last night about extraction methods. it's been over a decade (likely going on 2) since I did Iso-extraction, using a modified version of an old IC member's tech, Schmike.

(*If you're still out there, Schmike, and still with us, thank you. Though instead of using your heating method for evap, close to 20 years ago, I simply covered Pyrex 9"x13" baking dishes with nylon noseeum bug screen, holding the mesh out of the solution by fixing it in place with a girdle of linked heavy-duty rubber bands, and allowed the solution to evaporate on its own, over time, allowing extra time near the end of the process, as the remaining amount of alcohol is more difficult to get rid of, especially with no heat. I would then take the crudely refined oil extract made from my sugar trim, and scrape it from the baking dishes, into a high-ball glass or 2, and place them into a sauce pan with hot water on low heat on the stove top, with the oil then settling into a nice even appearance, silky in texture, and presumably with the limited heating of the extract in the glass, getting rid of the remaining solvent).

The word 'presumably in that sentence, and this being intended for use as a medical issue now, rather than recreational, with the prospect of it being used as a suppository, to boot, has led me to thinking that 198 proof Everclear is the preferred solvent; 99% Iso versus 99% Ethanol. A no-brainer in my way of thinking.

I have ONE bottle currently of the 198 proof Everclear, brought back from Arizona this last winter, and the last I checked, we can no longer get the 198 proof Everclear in Alaska, due to what I perceive as nanny-statists (I believe?), but CAN get the 151 proof Everclear.

I know that as of a year ago, I could get 198 proof in Canada (for sure Alberta, and MAYBE the Yukon Territory, where I travel to a couple times a year). Bringing enough back through Customs for an ongoing processing of medicine might have me filing out some paperwork, and forking over some duty, however.

One gem to arise from the discussion with my cancer friend on the southern west coast was the thought of a rosin press. So I went looking.

Found Rosin Tech Presses, starting out at about $295, with the next model up being about $495. I haven't spoken with anyone to get a handle on volume of CLEAN pressed rosin to be expected from 15%, 17% to 19% sugar trim, or slightly more potent flower.

So I'm currently seeking some of those answers, as well as how to convert % of THC in raw flower or leaf, using Ethanol extraction, into mg of THC or CBD/dose in 500 mg or 1 gram caps.

Benefits to both techs. I suspect the Ethanol gives a more potent and cleaner product, while the press doesn't involve solvents.

Other questions include the thought that if 1 gram/day of THC is the target, delivered via 3 doses per day of ~333 mg each, can I assume that matching this with 1 gram/day of CBD, also in suppository form, would be in synch with the concept of 'more is better,' or 'more is less'?

Any well-founded answers to the questions or inquiries raised are welcome and appreciated.

Power of suggestion in half-wake, half-sleep state; I woke up half-way this A.M., to my wife watching (again) Leonardo DeCaprio's 'Revenant'. Great film the first one or 2 times around. Went back to sleep to find myself in dream-state, in a rustic cabin, with some calamity circumstance occurring that I can't remember now. I'll put in a suggestion that if there's going to be a movie on when I'm in that state, please make it a happy one, with no conflict or anxiety.

Annnnd, I'm shortly off to snag a couple hundred gallons of #1 heating oil....
          You can order food grade ethanol that’s 190 proof off the internet
          Life is sudden be ready

dont count the days make the days count
          Legal medical patient

_________
          “Make the most you can of the Indian hemp seed and sow it everywhere.” – George Washington
          "Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." - Thomas Jefferson
          "Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica.” – Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by sdd420 View Post
            You can order food grade ethanol that’s 190 proof off the internet
            Thanks. I'll check on shipping without a hazmat label. I'm in Alaska, and most of our 'ground' shipping by third-party carriers in the Lower-48 states, whether UPS, Fed Ex, etc. is loaded onto aircraft on the West Coast of the Lower-48, typically flown to Anchorage, then trucked to the Interior.

The ph reagent I use is alcohol-based, and if I use 'compliant channels' I pay a miniscule amount for the reagent, and over $125 for the freight and expensive hazmat label on a half-liter bottle (or several smaller bottles), due to the alcohol content, and Gov. restrictions.

I pointed to the sky once when talking with freight folks, and pointed out a passenger jet flying over-head, stating, "You see that aircraft up there? It has HUNDREDS of single-serving bottles of liquor on board, many of them with greater alcohol content than my reagent, and I don't think they're paying $125 per container to carry it."

Didn't make any difference to them; they're not paid to function with logic in mind.

But I'll research the possibility of ordering food-grade ethanol.

And thank you. I had no idea of such offerings.

Comment

I did some Google searches, and whether lab-grade/food-grade ethanol, or 198 proof Everclear like I brought back from Arizona last year, DOT apparently has restrictions re. shipping the stuff, and I found no place in Alaska that has either in stock. At least not per Google.. which isn't the end of the road necessarily. We'll see.

I'll do some additional searches for some laboratory supply houses in Alaska, and see what that set of searches renders.

I can check for availability in the Yukon Territory (Canada), at their Territorial liquor outlet(s),or look for the food grade ethanol, if they have some place that can order such things. Then maybe bring it home with me when I head to Whitehorse this winter or coming spring.

Or I can contact someone in another state who MAY be willing to seal (very well) either some food-grade ethanol or some 198 proof Everclear, and send it to me, being VERY cautious to seal and pad it such that it cannot breech or break in transit.

I suspect the authorities would be fairly irritated should such a package leak in transit.

As stated, I have ONE bottle I brought back from Az last year, and I'm not sure how much extract I can get with that. I'll take a stab in the dark, based on distant past experience with Iso efforts, and guess I can get maybe an oz of oil, which would be just shy of a month's supply at 1 gram/day, or, if I split the day's dosage 50:50 with CBD, as one person recommended, then 28 grams would last almost 2 months. I'll be needing at least 3 months..

Comment

in the interim I may be able to mix a bottle of 151 proof Everclear with my bottle of 198 proof and come up with close to an 86% or 87% ethanol solution, of double my current volume; less than desirable compromises born of necessity.. Not the best, but....

Comment

have you ever tried making alcohol?
                  sugar wash and champagne yeast and a jerryrigged still you could get some high octane etoh. plenty of information on the webs about that.
                  last bottle of Everclear i purchased was around $60 at the reservation.
                  of course that would take a minnit to set up and you may be pressed for time.
                  "when i run outta weed, i smoke match sticks...
                  that first hit is FIRE!!!"

"I'm not always a dick...but when I am, I drink cheap beer".

Comment

Thanks Trich. I've brewed a bit of beer and wine years ago, and transitioned my beer wort buckets to salmon brine buckets, after which there was no turning them back, as fishy beer has scant appeal to me.

As far as distilling lower % alc. to high-grade shine, never done it. have a friend, also in az., who was very interested in starting a still, and maybe later a distillery (legal), and sent me a book (still right above my computer on my desk) re. stills and such, relative to Alaska.

Trust and learning curve are 2 primary issues in my history of endeavors; lots of things I never tried for not trusting myself to be able or capable.

198 proof Everclear in the handful of remaining legal states is often relatively cheap. The bottle I brought back from Az was $14 at a drug store there. Food-grade ethanol on the other hand (whether 190 proof, or 200 proof), in places where it CAN be shipped to, is OUTRAGEOUS after Uncle Sam tacks on his excise tax(es).

The 198 Everclear in Az was way cheaper than the 200 proof organic grain ethanol.

Getting any of it here is the issue.

I'll try to phone the Territorial liquor store in Whitehorse Yukon Territory soon, and see if they carry it. I believe you can get it in Alberta, but that's Alberta.

A person contacted me re. the possibility of setting up a still for making grain alcohol for extraction purposes, and hopefully he's successful. There are apparently permits that can be had for making personal stash in the way of grain alc., but any permit for such things, whether growing, distilling, or class III weapons, often involves some degree of forfeiture of privacy re. 'inspections' (searches) of related areas.

The hurdles we can encounter when trying to get basic actions taken care of.

I'll try to bolster my trust in myself where technical issues are concerned, get down the distilling book that was sent to me years ago, and see if I can get some excitement and desire to spark that over-rides the inhibitions.

Take care, and thank you again.

I'm off shortly to snag another load of fuel oil for the heating oil tank for the winter, after I finish checking messages. Then 2 vehicles to change oil, oil filters, and cabin and engine air filters in.

Fall time; the lists never end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4tJiyU_gjY

Comment

I've pulled down the two books gifted to me by a fellow legalizer nearly 2 decades ago.

'The Alaskan Bootlegger's Bible' by Leon W. Kania

and

'Moonshine' by Matthew B. Rowley

Spoke with a couple friends re re-distilling, increasing 151 to 190-200 proof, and communicated with a couple forum members as well.

A friend who has saved my ass in numerous ways in the past, and is the same legalizer 'brother from another' from decades ago, now elsewhere in the Country, is prepared to send necessary Everclear 198 proof for the interim. He's always been a blessing, and has suffered his own harsh times in life's walk.

Another member in Alaska is looking at distilling for purposes of doing essential oils extractions, and allowed me into his loop, pending successes..

With all of that, the immediate needs for ethanol for extraction purposes seems to be met, thrice over.

Of the strains/mothers I have here, per my reading, and Indica crosses being a good source for the type of medicine/array of cannabinoids being sought, I have 2 Goji OG phenos (#2 and #8) that may take over a couple of my 4'x4' boxes, for purposes of little more than extraction for THC-dominant extracts, and a bit of very enjoyable smoke. Frankly, I've liked them anyway.

I'll get back to some pertinent reading. A knowledgeable forum member gave me a link to a Doc who is on the cutting edge of cannabis extracts in the treatment of cancers.

Another forum member has sent information re. Ayahusca/DMT and micro dosing for cancer.

I was left contemplating the possibility that with all of the unknown power of the brain over our physical realities, it's quite possible that some of this enters into effective placebo turf, where it's our beliefs and positive frame of mind that carries us across the proverbial finish line. We -know- from research that a positive frame of mind has a measurable effect on positive outcomes in treatment of illnesses.

D-day is October 30; 9 days away for the ultrasound and biopsy of the prostate.

How hard the person is willing to fight to stay on Planet Earth, how willing are they to discard life as a form of exit for all the unresolved challenges that have taxed them. This will be born out in where they go with the options offered. That, and the Docs' willingness to allow them to treat the malady, what ever it is, in as many ways as they choose, simultaneously, if they see fit.

Please, anyone who has a story to share about beating the Big C, chime in.

Gry was supposed to have had his appointment today with his primary care Doc, and both he and I had suspicions about the nature of that visit, and why the specialists would refer him back to a primary Doc at this time.

For many of us old fuckers, the assessment of when to toss in the towel, and in a world of limited resources, and many younger persons in need, letting them have their stab at a chance to move forward. That was his honorable take. Many of us have lived relatively full lives. Maybe time to pass the baton?

There's a lot to contemplate in all of this, and not all of it is peachy.

Time to buckle down, do some reading, and make some decisions.

All of life is Yin & Yang; beauty with ugliness. Grace with condemnation. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by moose eater View Post
                        I've pulled down the two books gifted to me by a fellow legalizer nearly 2 decades ago.

'The Alaskan Bootlegger's Bible' by Leon W. Kania

and

'Moonshine' by Matthew B. Rowley

Spoke with a couple friends re re-distilling, increasing 151 to 190-200 proof, and communicated with a couple forum members as well.

A friend who has saved my ass in numerous ways in the past, and is the same legalizer 'brother from another' from decades ago, now elsewhere in the Country, is prepared to send necessary Everclear 198 proof for the interim. He's always been a blessing, and has suffered his own harsh times in life's walk.

Another member in Alaska is looking at distilling for purposes of doing essential oils extractions, and allowed me into his loop, pending successes..

With all of that, the immediate needs for ethanol for extraction purposes seems to be met, thrice over.

Of the strains/mothers I have here, per my reading, and Indica crosses being a good source for the type of medicine/array of cannabinoids being sought, I have 2 Goji OG phenos (#2 and #8) that may take over a couple of my 4'x4' boxes, for purposes of little more than extraction for THC-dominant extracts, and a bit of very enjoyable smoke. Frankly, I've liked them anyway.

I'll get back to some pertinent reading. A knowledgeable forum member gave me a link to a Doc who is on the cutting edge of cannabis extracts in the treatment of cancers.

Another forum member has sent information re. Ayahusca/DMT and micro dosing for cancer.

I was left contemplating the possibility that with all of the unknown power of the brain over our physical realities, it's quite possible that some of this enters into effective placebo turf, where it's our beliefs and positive frame of mind that carries us across the proverbial finish line. We -know- from research that a positive frame of mind has a measurable effect on positive outcomes in treatment of illnesses.

D-day is October 30; 9 days away for the ultrasound and biopsy of the prostate.

How hard the person is willing to fight to stay on Planet Earth, how willing are they to discard life as a form of exit for all the unresolved challenges that have taxed them. This will be born out in where they go with the options offered. That, and the Docs' willingness to allow them to treat the malady, what ever it is, in as many ways as they choose, simultaneously, if they see fit.

Please, anyone who has a story to share about beating the Big C, chime in.

Gry was supposed to have had his appointment today with his primary care Doc, and both he and I had suspicions about the nature of that visit, and why the specialists would refer him back to a primary Doc at this time.

For many of us old fuckers, the assessment of when to toss in the towel, and in a world of limited resources, and many younger persons in need, letting them have their stab at a chance to move forward. That was his honorable take. Many of us have lived relatively full lives. Maybe time to pass the baton?

There's a lot to contemplate in all of this, and not all of it is peachy.

Time to buckle down, do some reading, and make some decisions.

All of life is Yin & Yang; beauty with ugliness. Grace with condemnation. It is what it is.
                        We are all in the same boat but we should get 80-100 years so I say fight like a.......and don’t give up don’t ever give up
                        Life is sudden be ready

dont count the days make the days count
                        Legal medical patient

_________
                        “Make the most you can of the Indian hemp seed and sow it everywhere.” – George Washington
                        "Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." - Thomas Jefferson
                        "Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica.” – Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The biopsy for me was a bad day. I was a blubbering mess of a human being before the procedure. 12 sticks with a needle up the rear did not take long on the clock but in mind time it was endless. Let your friend know that the first orgasm after the biopsy will produce a bright red bloody mess.
                          “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
                          Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

That's helpful information, buzz. Thanks.

Some of the literature references the possibility of blood during urination immediately after the biopsy, and talked about the biopsy possibly penetrating the diaphragm/tissue between prostate and scrotum/testes, if I read that correctly. They were saying, again, relying on my interpretation and memory, that some blood in the urine, post-procedure, was normal, but that if it continued, to call the Doc involved.

The fact that they typically give a stout dose of antibiotics before and after the procedure, tells me they're going where immune systems hesitate to travel..

All sorts of potentially anxiety-producing aspects to this. I suspect some amount of meditation the day-of may be in order.

And the person at the clinic stated they want to start the day of the procedure with a urine test. They were asked "a urine test for what?" and replied, indicating it was a normal test for urine content, presumably to do with organ function, but these days, with some Docs seemingly closing the door on treating folks who are simultaneously using cannabis products for parallel treatment, there was room remaining for suspicion. Especially when the person on the phone at the clinic had difficulty pronouncing the item/levels being sought in the UA.

Comment

Still hoping for others to comment on personal, or twice-removed experiences with prostate cancer in general, and especially those who've gone through what ever treatment where cannabis extracts were incorporated, whether CBD or THC-dominant.

As for my future as a bootlegger, it, at least for now, seems to have been avoided by promises of both extract and ethanol coming my way.

While waiting for the promises of more Everclear of the 190 proof variety, I've checked into the depths of my liquor cupboard that seldom sees sunshine, and there's ONE bottle of the 190 proof Everclear (not 198, as I'd mistakenly remembered), and one bottle of the 151 proof Everclear that was bought when we were experimenting with making specific liqueurs.

So I'm in a holding pattern for now, waiting for which ever source of aid arrives first; all of which require some serious considerations in shipping.

Comment

3 tests offered the other day, and none to take place for a couple months.

Least costly, to most costly, as well as most invasive:

Select MDX- seeks biomarkers resulting from testing of fluid samples involving a manual massage of the prostate gland. 2 numbers (?) added to result in a score indicating likelihood or severity. Couple hundred bucks. I'd come to think just getting an aspirin in the hospital could amount to a couple hundred bucks once it was hand-delivered, so.. what a bargain!!

MRI- Warning that the insurance companies don't always pay for mri's of prostate, though it at least offers some amount of imaging. Likely in the $2,000 range. And another chance to go deaf listening to those magnets clanging in the tube..

Biopsy- an acquaintance/friend stated that when he had his done, the process of numbing was still uncomfortable just getting to the point of being 'numb', and that the 'impact' of the sampling, reminded him of a pneumatic press... "Cha-chunk" "Cha-chunk" with some degree of movement in each sampling of the 9-12 samples gathered.

I thought, great, why don't they just send in a seismic crew??

Doc stated he makes lots of money from biopsies, but is a fan of least intrusive and least expensive as a starting point. I wondered if that was his determination, or the insurance companies'? In either case, I can see how terms like 'least intrusive' and 'inexpensive' are attractants in these times. Like a $1.00 cheese burger..

Seemed to think that in most cases, prostate cancer's not a fast-moving thing. Of course, it's not his body either.... so...

So, to some degree, pun intended, that's where it sits.

More PSA serum blood sampling in January.

Comment

Working...
                                X