X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contacted an Anchorage-based testing facility, and was confirmed that the State of Alaska doesn't require testing for herbicides, pesticides, heavy metals, or fertilizers (?) in the testing of commercial cannabis, and since the commercial folks are the bulk of the labs' business, they never set up for it.

We agreed that I CAN submit a blended sample of the 3 varieties of CBD hemp I purchased for the commercial source, and test for potency, as non-canna labs wouldn't likely be legal for handling or testing any 'marijuana', but hemp would likely be handled differently under the law/guidelines.

If the sample(s) come back with greater THC than they're supposed to contain, then I can't go to a more proficient non-cannabis lab and test for the heavy metals and other contaminants I'm concerned about.

If the sample shows it's below .3% THC, then I can legitimately label it as CBD hemp, and the likely restrictions on a non-canna lab become moot... as far as anyone I spoke with knows.

Looking at the product, it ranges slightly in appearance, but is generally a darker green, indicating ^ N and reduced P. I also considered the color might be the result of bagging damp or wet, which brings up microbial contaminants; molds, fungi, what ever.

Again, when I spoke with a person at the seller's (CBD retailer), they more or less stated the intent is for their product to be smoked. And that's not what's happening here.

Dipped a finger in the remaining residue of the recent CBD extract, to approximate the morning dose of about 160mg. I'm thinking there's either an adulterant on this stuff, or I have an allergy that might preclude me from some forms of cannabis extract, to possibly include, depending on results, from both my own THC capsules, AND the CBD capsules I just made.

That would be a true bummer, but frankly, the whole racing heart thing, if it was ever attractive to me at all, it was when I was a youngster. but even then....

We'll get to the bottom of it, I hope..

No anti-anxiety meds last night, but woke up with the subtle and not so subtle electric tingling in the gut and elsewhere, though most pronounced in the gut; nervous tension. While I skipped any anti-anxiety meds last night, if the reaction to the oil's(??) undesirable side-effects don't chill out, I'll be grabbing a half tablet of light-weight Hydroxyzine shortly.

We used to joke about "Better living through chemistry." Ain't a joke any more, I guess.

Edit: Held off on the 1/2-tab, and riding it out. Hoping I don't find out I have some weird allergy, and can't pursue the extracts. never had this trouble with edibles, butter, or even notably with the store-bought capsules gifted to me in Seattle recently. "Curiouser and curiouser."

Second edit, 3:35 P.M. Alaska Time: Dipped a ribbed gum brush into a capsule of my own THC extract from decarbed flowers, totaling about maybe .25 standard, somewhat conservative dose, and no reactions yet. Certainly not as quickly as the larger dose of CBD extract this AM. No where near. But the speed with which I had the onset of the unpleasant effects this AM, cause me to question if it was the CBD, versus something on or in the flowers? Sleuthing until I can get a sample to the lab(s).

______________________________ ___________

Tommy Bolin

'Hello Again'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjL-...s7I7_w&index=7
    Last edited by moose eater; 01-21-2021, 00:39.

Comment

'Sposed to be lower 20s Thursday or Friday here, so it might be experimentation time.

I think I'll NOT decarboxylate an ounce or 2 of my better organic THC flowers, and so a lower-temp extraction from fresh THC flowers, where the only exposure to heat is to evaporate the solvent at at or below 200 f., and try my stash of ethanol, which was originally purchased to make cleaner medicine, anyway.

We'll see if that makes any difference in negative perceived effects.

If it's more functional, then I'll maybe look at buying CBD oil as others are, and trust the NIH review, that THCa does, in fact, impact tumors by shrinking.

Comment

Things are flying forward.

Zoom appt tomorrow with the radiology oncologist Doc my possible surgeon referred me to for a consult.

An hour or so mtg., questions hopefully thoroughly resolved, a day or 3 to chew on the choices, and then scheduling what ever avenue is being travelled, hopefully to be determined by Friday or Monday.

A very helpful person inside the System in these clinics, who understood the current urgency, provided me with the 'hot line' that got me through directly to the scheduler for the radio-oncologist Doc; otherwise I might still be waiting for a call. That was cool!! And very kind, too!
        -------------------------------------------------------

Gregg Allman

Covering 'Willin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm_cJqSt7oA

Comment

Gathering data?

2002 PSA of 5
          2006 PSA of 13
          Both lobes

Gleason 7-8

One 7, the other 8.
          2006 radical ectomy.
          2008 Biological recurrence :(
          2009 Doubling rate of 6 months. :(
          2009 Began RSO. Doubling rate increased to ~8 months.
          Ramped dosage up. Doubling dropped to 7 months.

Dosage ~ 1 gram got me to 6.5.
          2011 cut dosage back. Got mo' betta.

By 2013, I had a handle on the dosage and the DR went to 18 months.
          Played with dosage, getting a PSA test every 6 months to track effect.
          2019 got to 120 mg. and the DR was ~2 years!
          2020 Found that my oil contained <1% CBD.
          Bought some from Tommy Chong and did a dropper per day.
          Last test had only the last month of a 9 month stretch using the CBD.
          My calculated doubling rate seems to be >5 years!

Next test is in April, (Or Feb. if I can finagle that).
          Will keep you posted.
          V-shell-C

Wee
          "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
          - Mark Twain

"Plants do things for a reason, they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny." -Weedhound
          R.I.P

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom. -Francis Bacon

A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation. -Moliere

You're behaving as if there is no hope. Someone musta told you you were hopeless and you believed them! That's it, isn't it? What you believe about yrself rests on a pile of someone else's shit! - Teddybrae

Comment

Originally posted by Weezard View Post
            Gathering data?

2002 PSA of 5
            2006 PSA of 13
            Both lobes

Gleason 7-8

One 7, the other 8.
            2006 radical ectomy.
            2008 Biological recurrence :(
            2009 Doubling rate of 6 months. :(
            2009 Began RSO. Doubling rate increased to ~8 months.
            Ramped dosage up. Doubling dropped to 7 months.

Dosage ~ 1 gram got me to 6.5.
            2011 cut dosage back. Got mo' betta.

By 2013, I had a handle on the dosage and the DR went to 18 months.
            Played with dosage, getting a PSA test every 6 months to track effect.
            2019 got to 120 mg. and the DR was ~2 years!
            2020 Found that my oil contained <1% CBD.
            Bought some from Tommy Chong and did a dropper per day.
            Last test had only the last month of a 9 month stretch using the CBD.
            My calculated doubling rate seems to be >5 years!

Next test is in April, (Or Feb. if I can finagle that).
            Will keep you posted.
            V-shell-C

Wee
            Thanks Weez.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your PSA results. And thanks for sharing the sequence and numbers.

Wondered0 about what might've occurred for you with both extracts AND whole plant diet (or mostly whole-plant diet) and sulforaphane, etc.? No way to know.

There's lots of positive anecdotes, and some of the Big Boys in the medical research field (like NIH, NIM) are getting onboard with this.

But what we have is positive anecdote for some. When the conventional researchers of stature get together and point to XXX,000 cases, and can unequivocally say "THIS HAPPENED DUE TO THIS VARIABLE", then in theory we can push hard, specifically, on what ever -that- cannabinoid or molecule is..

The NIH review re. pancreatic cancer/tumors in mice and THCa provided an evening of limited joy for me.

The uncertainty, again, in our individual and unique cases, we don't know we're improving, until we know, and can quantify it, as you've done above.

The whole raised pulse/heart rate and anxiety thing, for me, HAS to get straightened out, or I'll to find alternate resources. I can't continue to contend with what ever that is.

Based on the profiles from breeders or canna sites (not my own lab data at this point) all of my THC flowers are <1% CBD, as well, except for the Blue Dream that's split something like 9:7 or 11:9; can't recall, but I believe it was one of those. All have respectable THC content, based on subjective assessment of LOTS of persons who've smoked them over the years.

Earlier on I had been hung up on the whole issue of CBD and THC decarbing at different temps and times, thus making it near impossible, by basic means, to decarb a split ratio plant like the Blue Dream I have here. But if the NIH study is accurate, and can be replicated, then I can extract that plant, no decarb, and ingest that oil as a somewhat balanced CBD:THC source..

Or smoke it, though I'm starting to consider another member's more private comment, and this might be a prime time to get out my seldom used Pinnacle Pro vape, knowing my lungs need to be solid for what's coming.

Just rambling thoughts.

And again, a milder dose of my own THC extract a while ago, while I can feel it, doesn't have me crawling across the ceiling like Spider Man, the way I felt earlier in the day with the CBD extract residue in the pan.

I looked at Tommy Chong's CBD offerings, as well as Charlotte's Web and Lazarus Naturals in Washington State, all a while back (months) and I'm going to need to find someone I trust and get something happening, until I can get some lab data on this CBD flower.

-----------------------------------------------

Warren Haynes and Co. at Crossroads Guitar Fest, 2010

Alma Mater here.....

'Soulshine'

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=81...MVMI1SQR4FnRoc

Comment

8:30 AM call from the radio oncologist's office; they were under the impression that Alaska had cancelled Interstate Physicians' Telehealth Licensing relative to C-19, and they would need to obtain a courtesy license, so for now, today's NECESSARY Telehealth meeting was being cancelled until more was known.

The whole thing made no sense, considering the newer mutations of C-19 now identified, including more aggressive transmission, and the newer one that affects younger people with more severe symptoms, including those who were previously healthy, in a general sense.

I phoned the States Medical Licensing folks, and was put in touch with a Supervisor, who stated that the clinic in Seattle had received bad intel, that the Interstate Telehealth Permissions had been re-extended January 14, through February 14th, by order of the Office of Governor of Alaska.

She directed me to where I could locate the 'new' information at the State's web page.

Phoned the person back who had been a very effective intermediary at the radio oncologist's office, directed them to web page and information, and am now in a holding pattern of sorts, while we scramble to see if this can be put back together in a timely manner, and still be able to meet at the original time.

Murphy doesn't just show up here for a visit on occasion, the motherfucker LIVES here, full time, eats groceries, and pays zero rent or fees. I hope to permanently evict the bugger in the near future, but not sure that is possible.

Maybe the effort extended in up-hill, anti-Zen battles, is indicative of the amount of pay-off or degree of benefit in the end. Magical thinking provides minor relief, when every other hand-shake turns into an arm-wrestling match.

Had I not gotten on the telephone and internet immediately after the phone call, I'd still be assuming this whole thing was a no-go. The absolute importance of QUALITY information.

FUCK!!!

No CBD extract last night, and the spasms in the left calf and ankle, that have at times caused some degree of dislocation to the left ankle, returned in a minor way last night, and early this morning.

Despite what ever else may be in my CBD oil, it seems that either the cause of the spasms is returning, or the CBD extract had been having a positive influence on this issue. Choose the best story?

Mild to moderate anxiety trembling in my gut on awakening abruptly, and not helped a fucking bit by the current dilemma. But still no Hydroxyzine yet.

May try a smaller amount of the CBD, and have some reputable potent CBD tincture on the way from a PNW producer and provider.

Didn't even trust the established CBDa in orange spice tea last night. The psychological impact of not trusting your own ammo. Sucks.

Lord!!

---------------------------------------------------

Joe Bonamassa, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, & Pino Daniele

Eric Clapton's 2010 Crossroads Guitar Festival

'Goin' Down'

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=I1...MVMI1SQR4FnRoc

Comment

Call back from the nurse intermediary about 5 minutes ago. Apparently I'm now the Paul Revere of Interstate Telehealth Licensing involving Alaska.

Few clinics are monitoring other states' license and authorizations now, Alaska has been nickeling and diming this issue with 1-month extensions (like C-19 is going to say, on day 29, "OK folks, our work here is done!! Next location!!!"), so apparently MANY clinics Outside of Alaska, as well as patients, some of whom are far more desperate than I am, are unaware that this is still feasible.

Information is now being broadcast Inter-clinic, per the phone call.

BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. YOU HAVE TO!! YOU HAVE THE GREATEST INVESTMENT AS THE FUCKING PATIENT. Few persons are going to be AS invested in your well-being as YOU are. (FACT!!!!!) Don't let -shit- fall off that proverbial table, if you can help it. Catch it, if able. It's YOU. Often unfortunate reality, but seemingly true.

Telehealth Meeting is back on for noon my time. YESSSSSSS!

---------------------------------------------------------

Santana

'Winning'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FmPg4lrBKc
                ---------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Anxiety is waning with little intervention other than time and progression through the morning. No Hydroxyzine yet, and maybe not until time near the Telehealth appt. May or may not need it for that, don't want to start getting increased pulse during the thing, and the stuff seems to take longer to take effect with me.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Commodores

'Easy' (I wish...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCsZ3_db_Fk
                Last edited by moose eater; 01-21-2021, 19:14.

Comment

i found this to be interesting and somewhat relevant, however premature.
                  Cancer Killing Nanobots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg--UVL9xCc
                  "when i run outta weed, i smoke match sticks...
                  that first hit is FIRE!!!"

"I'm not always a dick...but when I am, I drink cheap beer".

Comment

Damn damn damn, moose eater. Just damn.
                    “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
                    Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

Originally posted by buzzmobile View Post
                      Damn damn damn, moose eater. Just damn.

We're back on for noon appt with radio oncology, buzz. Looking at a strike, and hit a home run. After some unpleasant roller coaster rides.

First time during this State Governor's Admin. That I had cause to call the Governor's Office, and they're on board, asking if they could help resolve this somehow, despite their and my knowledge (now) that this is still an allowable Interstate Tx option.

They say the legislature is hopefully working on a longer-term solution, via legislation, that would allow these things to occur without reinventing the wheel.

In the past, when minor speed-bumps were encountered, I sometimes shifted balance of perspective, saying to myself, well, maybe this is a small tax for all the times I should have died or gone to prison. Again, the magical thinking that hopes to make sense of a sometimes non-sensical Universe.

Wishing I had the Crazy 8-ball from kid years; shake it and wait for an answer on the bottom of it, from the floating cube inside. Probably just as accurate much of the time.

We're moving this motherfucker, even if the driver has to help push, buzz.

--------------------------------------

Commodores

'Sail on Down the Line'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVgFvYcOKC8
                      Last edited by moose eater; 01-21-2021, 20:31.

Comment

Originally posted by trichrider View Post
                        i found this to be interesting and somewhat relevant, however premature.
                        Cancer Killing Nanobots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg--UVL9xCc
                        Keep 'em coming, trich. And thanks for everything you've done..

This fight's far from over. Who knows what follow-up might look like?

Who knows how far down the road?

Remission versus recurrence. Total unknowns at the moment.

So what's new today, despite amount of of time spent researching, that the medical community typically takes to put a seal of approval on something, who knows if those roads might intersect eventually, maybe in the nick of time.. at least for someone.

I imagine that glorious motherfucker who has a minimally curable, serious disease, and one day, mid-struggle, it's announced that there's a solid 'miracle cure.' Imagine the elation that person might experience?

Keep 'em rolling, if you're into it. "Hope is what we have when we otherwise are left with little more than despair."

Take care.
                        ----------------------------------------------

The Commodores

'Night Shift'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3FMFFdYkNo

Comment

Originally posted by moose eater View Post
                          I imagine that glorious motherfucker who has a minimally curable, serious disease, and one day, mid-struggle, it's announced that there's a solid 'miracle cure.' Imagine the elation that person might experience?
                          I have to share a chuckle that popped into my mind. The inverse of the above is being in boot camp and hearing that the draft is over.
                          Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

I have to share a chuckle that popped into my mind. The inverse of the above is being in boot camp and hearing that the draft is over.
                            So, Murphy shows up for dinner a your place on occasion, too, huh, buzz??

Give him LOTS of napkins!! He's a messy bugger, buzz!!

Comment

He dealt me a 5. Put me in the Top 10. When I dropped out of the chase for the sheepskin in 1972 . . . . the Navy sounded a whole lot better than the Army.
                              Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

He dealt me a 5. Put me in the Top 10. When I dropped out of the chase for the sheepskin in 1972 . . . . the Navy sounded a whole lot better than the Army.
                                Further from direct line of fire is nearly always better, whether metaphorical or literal.

When Carter reinstated selective service, I was too old, and my friend in Homer Alaska was just within reach. He refused to sign, and his (somewhat religious-and-nationalist themed) family sent him a pewter crucifix on a necklace, and a letter (questioning) his actions. I still have the pewter crucifix in my keepsakes... a memory of him, a fine man, rather than any other implications or attachments.

My now-deceased sister had sent a bunch of anti-selective service flyers to post around town, and I did..

In our nationalist wars of opportunity and corporatist sleight-of-hand since, part of me has wished we still had the draft. When EVERYBODY stands to bleed, there seems to be greater thought put into where we invade, as opposed to involving 'proxies' from other non-US entities to do our questionable military bidding.

-------------------------------------------
                                Country Joe & The Fish

'Fixin' to Die Rag'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_p1JC3z2kU

Comment

Working...
                                X