What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

8:30 AM call from the radio oncologist's office; they were under the impression that Alaska had cancelled Interstate Physicians' Telehealth Licensing relative to C-19, and they would need to obtain a courtesy license, so for now, today's NECESSARY Telehealth meeting was being cancelled until more was known.

The whole thing made no sense, considering the newer mutations of C-19 now identified, including more aggressive transmission, and the newer one that affects younger people with more severe symptoms, including those who were previously healthy, in a general sense.

I phoned the States Medical Licensing folks, and was put in touch with a Supervisor, who stated that the clinic in Seattle had received bad intel, that the Interstate Telehealth Permissions had been re-extended January 14, through February 14th, by order of the Office of Governor of Alaska.

She directed me to where I could locate the 'new' information at the State's web page.

Phoned the person back who had been a very effective intermediary at the radio oncologist's office, directed them to web page and information, and am now in a holding pattern of sorts, while we scramble to see if this can be put back together in a timely manner, and still be able to meet at the original time.

Murphy doesn't just show up here for a visit on occasion, the motherfucker LIVES here, full time, eats groceries, and pays zero rent or fees. I hope to permanently evict the bugger in the near future, but not sure that is possible. :)

Maybe the effort extended in up-hill, anti-Zen battles, is indicative of the amount of pay-off or degree of benefit in the end. Magical thinking provides minor relief, when every other hand-shake turns into an arm-wrestling match.

Had I not gotten on the telephone and internet immediately after the phone call, I'd still be assuming this whole thing was a no-go. The absolute importance of QUALITY information.

FUCK!!!

No CBD extract last night, and the spasms in the left calf and ankle, that have at times caused some degree of dislocation to the left ankle, returned in a minor way last night, and early this morning.

Despite what ever else may be in my CBD oil, it seems that either the cause of the spasms is returning, or the CBD extract had been having a positive influence on this issue. Choose the best story?

Mild to moderate anxiety trembling in my gut on awakening abruptly, and not helped a fucking bit by the current dilemma. But still no Hydroxyzine yet.

May try a smaller amount of the CBD, and have some reputable potent CBD tincture on the way from a PNW producer and provider.

Didn't even trust the established CBDa in orange spice tea last night. The psychological impact of not trusting your own ammo. Sucks.

Lord!!

---------------------------------------------------

Joe Bonamassa, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, & Pino Daniele

Eric Clapton's 2010 Crossroads Guitar Festival

'Goin' Down'

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=I1SQR4FnRoc&list=RDAMVMI1SQR4FnRoc

G

Call back from the nurse intermediary about 5 minutes ago. Apparently I'm now the Paul Revere of Interstate Telehealth Licensing involving Alaska.

Few clinics are monitoring other states' license and authorizations now, Alaska has been nickeling and diming this issue with 1-month extensions (like C-19 is going to say, on day 29, "OK folks, our work here is done!! Next location!!!"), so apparently MANY clinics Outside of Alaska, as well as patients, some of whom are far more desperate than I am, are unaware that this is still feasible.

Information is now being broadcast Inter-clinic, per the phone call.

BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. YOU HAVE TO!! YOU HAVE THE GREATEST INVESTMENT AS THE FUCKING PATIENT. Few persons are going to be AS invested in your well-being as YOU are. (FACT!!!!!) Don't let -shit- fall off that proverbial table, if you can help it. Catch it, if able. It's YOU. Often unfortunate reality, but seemingly true.

Telehealth Meeting is back on for noon my time. YESSSSSSS!

---------------------------------------------------------

Santana

'Winning'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FmPg4lrBKc
---------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Anxiety is waning with little intervention other than time and progression through the morning. No Hydroxyzine yet, and maybe not until time near the Telehealth appt. May or may not need it for that, don't want to start getting increased pulse during the thing, and the stuff seems to take longer to take effect with me.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Commodores

'Easy' (I wish...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCsZ3_db_Fk

Last edited:
G

Damn damn damn, moose eater. Just damn.

We're back on for noon appt with radio oncology, buzz. Looking at a strike, and hit a home run. After some unpleasant roller coaster rides.

First time during this State Governor's Admin. That I had cause to call the Governor's Office, and they're on board, asking if they could help resolve this somehow, despite their and my knowledge (now) that this is still an allowable Interstate Tx option.

They say the legislature is hopefully working on a longer-term solution, via legislation, that would allow these things to occur without reinventing the wheel.

In the past, when minor speed-bumps were encountered, I sometimes shifted balance of perspective, saying to myself, well, maybe this is a small tax for all the times I should have died or gone to prison. Again, the magical thinking that hopes to make sense of a sometimes non-sensical Universe.

Wishing I had the Crazy 8-ball from kid years; shake it and wait for an answer on the bottom of it, from the floating cube inside. Probably just as accurate much of the time.

We're moving this motherfucker, even if the driver has to help push, buzz. ;)

--------------------------------------

Commodores

'Sail on Down the Line'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVgFvYcOKC8

Last edited:
G

i found this to be interesting and somewhat relevant, however premature.
Cancer Killing Nanobots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg--UVL9xCc

Keep 'em coming, trich. And thanks for everything you've done..

This fight's far from over. Who knows what follow-up might look like?

Who knows how far down the road?

Remission versus recurrence. Total unknowns at the moment.

So what's new today, despite amount of of time spent researching, that the medical community typically takes to put a seal of approval on something, who knows if those roads might intersect eventually, maybe in the nick of time.. at least for someone.

I imagine that glorious motherfucker who has a minimally curable, serious disease, and one day, mid-struggle, it's announced that there's a solid 'miracle cure.' Imagine the elation that person might experience?

Keep 'em rolling, if you're into it. "Hope is what we have when we otherwise are left with little more than despair."

Take care.
----------------------------------------------

The Commodores

'Night Shift'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3FMFFdYkNo

buzzmobile

Veteran
I imagine that glorious motherfucker who has a minimally curable, serious disease, and one day, mid-struggle, it's announced that there's a solid 'miracle cure.' Imagine the elation that person might experience?

:yay: I have to share a chuckle that popped into my mind. The inverse of the above is being in boot camp and hearing that the draft is over.
:D

G

:yay: I have to share a chuckle that popped into my mind. The inverse of the above is being in boot camp and hearing that the draft is over.

So, Murphy shows up for dinner a your place on occasion, too, huh, buzz??

Give him LOTS of napkins!! He's a messy bugger, buzz!! :bigeye:

buzzmobile

Veteran
He dealt me a 5. Put me in the Top 10. When I dropped out of the chase for the sheepskin in 1972 . . . . the Navy sounded a whole lot better than the Army.

G

He dealt me a 5. Put me in the Top 10. When I dropped out of the chase for the sheepskin in 1972 . . . . the Navy sounded a whole lot better than the Army.

Further from direct line of fire is nearly always better, whether metaphorical or literal.

When Carter reinstated selective service, I was too old, and my friend in Homer Alaska was just within reach. He refused to sign, and his (somewhat religious-and-nationalist themed) family sent him a pewter crucifix on a necklace, and a letter (questioning) his actions. I still have the pewter crucifix in my keepsakes... a memory of him, a fine man, rather than any other implications or attachments.

My now-deceased sister had sent a bunch of anti-selective service flyers to post around town, and I did..

In our nationalist wars of opportunity and corporatist sleight-of-hand since, part of me has wished we still had the draft. When EVERYBODY stands to bleed, there seems to be greater thought put into where we invade, as opposed to involving 'proxies' from other non-US entities to do our questionable military bidding.

-------------------------------------------
Country Joe & The Fish

'Fixin' to Die Rag'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_p1JC3z2kU

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
On your "symptoms".
Saw something similar that stemmed from Neem oil allergy.
The breakdown products of Neem, and the derivatives are mildly toxic, and some people are very affected. Some are not.
Just a thought.

G

On your "symptoms".
The breakdown products of Neem, and the derivatives are mildly toxic, and some people are very affected. Some are not.
Just a thought.

Thanks Weez.

I tried to recollect whether or not any of these girls got sprayed, and I rarely use any neem products, not even in the soilless mix.

I think in a real pinch, there's been a limited use of Azamax, and a bit more with both Spinosad and Gnatrol, though never close to harvest, and most are stated to be safe for human consumption of fruits and veggies, etc., but....

I'd add what others have said about heat transforming any of these things during combustion, but I've had reactions to oral ingestion with the CBD flowers that I have, and have not been smoking any of those CBD flowers.

That all said, I have no idea what the folks growing the CBD Hemp are using on their crops, and when I tried to call and email them earlier today, I failed to connect with them.

I suspect, as I mentioned in an earlier message, this will be a multi-phased process; go to the canna lab and see if I'm, indeed, below .3% THC on the CBD Hemp flowers. If I am, and I should be, then I can hopefully, legally, take a sample to a higher tech lab that does mass spectrometry, and see -exactly- what is in their flowers, hopefully without breaking the bank.

Months ago, when I spoke with someone at the source of the CBD Hemp, it was quite clear that they assumed folks were smoking their CBD flowers, not necessarily extracting. I was going to re-start that conversation with them, being clear to discuss washing of the product with solvents, versus 'smoking'.

Who the fuck smokes straight CBD flowers, unless they're trying to instigate a conversation with the law in public?

Last edited:
G

OK, any of y'all that have survived following along through these too-many pages, or who just arrived to the 'party', a humble and sincere apology and statement of empathy is in order.

Those of you who have been battling other forms of aggressive and serious cancers; you've been battling hand-to-hand with grizzlies and polar bears. I've been battling angry, but mildly sedated piranha.

I met with the radio-oncologist, and gathered a great deal of information.

He's a calm, caring, I strongly suspect a personal religious or spiritual background, and he views non-conventional tx as happening concurrently with conventional tx's. (For those who haven't followed along with the anecdotal cases of physicians refusing to treat patients who used non-conventional therapies, or cutting them off upon finding out, THIS IS GREAT news.

It's Seattle. I suspect Billings Montana and a less worldly or less compassionate Doc, it might have been a bit different.

He's willing to treat my cancer. So I have the option of one of the best surgeons in the PNW, or a very qualified and well-respected
radio-oncologist, who is also very well respected by that world-class surgeon..

He stated that there's not 100% accuracy in the statement that once a person receives radiation, they can't go back for seconds if recurrence happens. He stated that if recurrence happens after radiation, they can do spot-specific radiation treatment with the Cyber-knife system.

He said that even with my score of a Gleason 8, I probably have a 3% chance of dying from THIS cancer in the next 15 years, if untreated (Yes, Weez, thank you, and your words were shared with him, as well as your experiences, buzz; hell a number of you were in the meeting today). (*However, it should be noted that the period of degradation and pain that precedes untreated cancer mortality, is, in most cases, nothing to play around with, or invite in).

I need to research further, in case I misunderstood, but I believe he stated that persons in my condition who undergo radiation, have a 35% chance of recurrence, and those who do surgery have a 65% chance of recurrence. Again, I need to look further into that, as that is counter to what I THOUGHT I knew. But it's not like there hasn't been 4 lanes of information traveling through my brain.

We discussed the reports stating that close to 50% of older men who undergo hormone suppression therapy, never regain normal testosterone production or related libido. He stated that this outcome is more common for men in their 70s and 80s.

I told him I don't want to live forever, as there have admittedly been times this life has sucked, but I have a teenage son and a wife who matter a great deal to me, and a lot of things to finish or do yet.

He stated that for those who struggle regaining their normal production of testosterone, there is testosterone therapy to deal with that.

He said that if we're to move forward with this, I would start with a hormone suppression injection here in the near future, and 3 months(+) later I would fly down for them to do a study of the prostate gland, to custom 'build' or manufacture the brachytherapy seeds (palladium), so they are able to cover the area properly. On rare occasions they have to add more, if the seeds initially provided leave an area vulnerable and not sufficiently covered, but again, this is fairly rare.

After that, it would be 5 weeks (and I think he said 10" a day, 5 days per week), in radiation.

He was calm, and calming in his delivery, he's a dog guy (double points), and the world class surgeon recommends him.

We discussed my preference for the best of all worlds, and wanting quality of life AND to be rid of cancer.

That's what I recall for now.

It was a good meeting, and I felt calm enough afterward to plop some hash oil into my mouth, and a cautious dab of CBD oil extract residue remaining in the pan. Go ahead, ask me when the last time in my life was that I was more cautious about ingesting CBD extracts, than ingesting THC extracts. No, ask. NEVER. Up until recently. It's a brave new world.

So now I'm a kid in the candy store, with just enough money in my pocket, or, more aptly, someone else' pocket, for ONE candy bar, and there's a couple choices, but I can only have one for now.

Input and problem solving is welcome.
---------------------------------

John Prine

'Killing the Blues'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgmbQnp_Sbk

Last edited:
G

Mtg with Primary Care today, after the radio-oncologist. Went well.

She's asking questions to keep everybody 'legally safe' re. the anxiety meds, but she trusts me, and she's a fine Doc.

I'd told her before, that if suicidality is the issue, I've got numerous means here that don't involve pills, and, from professional and other experiences, the more commonly employed means are not always as effective as most think, sometimes/often leading to extended stays on life support, and oxygen tubes with liquid food, and hellacious bills for the family members of the person suffering hypoxia. If it were an active pursuit, there's WAY better means than Rx drugs. She knows I know that.

Her primary concern was that the anti-anxiety meds are addictive (benzodiazepine drugs, whether Xanax, Ativan, Valium or what ever, are all physically addictive), and are some of the few drugs, to include alcohol addiction, for which cold-turkey withdrawal can lead to death, unless medically supervised. I assured her that the drug in question would be to have on-hand, in the event that another giant pulse rate increase strikes, and I can't contain it properly with the Hydroxyzine; bigger guns.

She had her own crafty ways of trying to ascertain planning re. cancer tx, as a method of ascertaining any suicidality, and I could honestly tell her the options, the improvement to the news, and so on. It was after that, she was mostly agreeable re. most of what I needed. Kinda' humorous sometimes, as a former trained mh guy, when folks try to use our strategies to dig deeper, and the move is clear. Still... honesty happens.. It's respect, where deserved..

It's cool meeting with 2 good Docs in one day, who are decent human beings, calming in their presentations, honest in their discussions, and open-minded. Better results than popping a Hydroxyzine, in my opinion.

I almost felt normal afterward.

In the end, what ever happens is what ever happens, but at this time, I believe I have one of the finest teams of physicians I have had; ever!! Good folks! Skilled, compassionate, calming, straight-shooters, who didn't leave a pile of turds on my concurrent non-conventional therapies.

I referenced several studies or reviews for each of them, including the recent NIH review re. THCa and pancreatic cancer tumors in mice.

No Actigall for the gall stones at this time. We reviewed the side-effects, and it read like a doubling down of cancer treatment effects; nausea, headaches, dizziness, diarrhea, etc. So we figure we'll save those drugs until after the cancer's properly dealt with, and in the interim, the plant-based diet and recent proper lowering of my cholesterol will show us if my bile in the gall bladder is still strong enough to get to task on these buggers.

I suspect that at this time, she's going out of her way not to give me too much graphic news that might affect a heart rate, so when I asked (admitting I haven't seen the scans) what the density of gall stones is, telling her that, based on the sensation when they've been irritated, I was guessing that they had a sizable community happening in there. She nodded.

Told her when she returns from out of town, she'll likely find me quivering on her door-step. She smiled.

Now I just need to figure out how to either get her to move closer to the radio-oncologist and the urology surgeon in Seattle, or them to her, or, I told my wife, maybe I need to look into a small airplane. :)

------------------------------------------------------

Allman Bros

'Sail Away'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH9DXcVtdxQ

Last edited:
G

When You catch yourself putting your salad in the microwave, you're medicine's probably working. :)

Edit: And when you write 'you're,' intending to write 'your' instead, that's another good indicator.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Gregg Allman, Dicky Betts, Warren Haynes, and a shadowy figure on the right

Allman Bros Blues Band

(Acoustic) 'Melissa' with G. Allman on 12-string.

Old traveling and hitch-hiking music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggeab0lKz2c

RIP

Last edited:
G

On your "symptoms".
Just a thought.

Better re-confirmation.

I'd done a conservative dose of my own THC extract a bit ago, dipping from a capsule with a gum brush, with no notable negatives.

Went back a couple minutes ago and dipped a finger into the tiny amount of remaining CBD extract, and had a nearly immediate effect, albeit relative to the size of dose, which was small.

That's, again, an immediate enough response that I seriously doubt it's any sort of unique reaction to CBD, but rather something that is immediately available upon ingestion and that's rarely THC or CBD.

Possibly neem, or ???????

Should have alternative CBD on-hand, from a reputable source, likely Monday.

Found another source that is rated close to the one that's coming, and they offer a natural extraction, independent testing, broad spectrum, and (THE BEST part) a 40% off coupon!! Deducted from a base price that I think was already less than the one that's coming.

We'll see what that batch brings with it. I've had limited CBD, in far less potency/concentration in the past, but never had any negative reactions to CBD. Of course, our metabolisms are changing fairly regularly, too.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Your doing good with you're research. ;)

I received the same information re surgery after radiation treatment.

G

Your doing good with you're research. ;)

I received the same information re surgery after radiation treatment.

Thanks buzz.

You're saying that you were told a 35% chance of recurrence after radiation tx, but 65% (+/-) chance of recurrence, post-surgery?

I'm intending to phone the fellow's nurse back today, and see if he can meet one more time, for a period of maybe 1/3 of what we met for the other day, just to highlight and clarify 'bullet points', as the information I initially received was that, "if you want the whole package, greater odds at staying cancer-free, and a bit greater risk at some compromises to quality-of-life factor, then surgery. If you're looking at quality of life alone, then radiation."

Verbatim, though from a surgeon. An incredibly well-reputed surgeon, but a surgeon.

In light of the initial info. (almost accurate, but not quite) that following radiation, more or less saying it was a 1x deal, and recurrence meant chemo, that was an eye-opener to some extent, to hear the inverse, too. Made it more than a one-way street, ending in a dead-end alley. :)

I figure that between my predominant Irish lineage, and the German side not being far behind, nearly any time I hear something that changes course for me, or that might, bad or good, sometimes indifferent, I need to hear it a 2nd (sometimes a 3rd) time.

I suspect my insurance co. will come to resent that personality trait, or learning deficit, in short order.

Edit: Meant to apologize for burning through my rep account again.

--------------------------------------------

Black Crowes

'Oh Sweet Nuthin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf9-BCix4io

A beauty....

Last edited:
G

Left calf and ankle cramped most of the night. Again, I suspect either a reaction to decreased/ceased CBD, for the moment, or, an equally plausible explanation, is that the 2-1/2 to 3 months of extended slumber, led to a decompression of my current issues, identified as being a nerve (or 2) at L4-L5, though the spine folks I trust agree with me, that this should likely wait until after cancer tx.

The fact is that even under controlled circumstances, the body resents being cut upon and cast into needs of immediate and significant repair... It's essentially a controlled assault. The patient is being 'injured' (stabbed repeatedly) for a more poetic or dramatic description.

So, it seems the order of progress here will be cancer tx, then spine (or gall stones, if they're ignoring their de facto eviction, served by the diet and related changes), and, if my insurance is still a reality, and my body's holding together, the left shoulder.

Otherwise, as stated, a return call to the recent radio-oncologist, to see about a remedial repeat course in what was discussed yesterday, and the bullet points.

I ate no Hydroxyzine last night; not on purpose, really, just realized in the middle of the night that I was waking up more often.

I did, however, with lungs feeling pretty good, have a few puffs on a joint of some Indica. Possible that the first waking, about 1-5 hrs or so into sleep, was the result of the declining buzz from that.

I've become such a 'cheap date,' that last night, after a single 6-hour, no-name Sudafed, I was singing positive stuff aloud, wandering through the house and chores, with the ^ energy and outlook of the first half of a decent Dexedrine buzz.. My German Shepherd seemed concerned with the sudden up-tick in positivity, cocking her head slightly to the side, and perking her ears forward.

We'll see tonight what kind of magic can be worked for these sleep and sine issues. No more Sudafed unless absolutely necessary. Hell, I can't even drink coffee any more.

Town mission today, and after no store runs, per se', in the last 11 days (+/-, immediately before I flew out to Seattle, last week), there's more than ample errands and stops.

Edit: re. the increasing list of bizarre, repeated, 'new symptoms,' of late, coughing to try and cleans a thin layer of film in the bronchia area, and intentionally coughing hard enough to achieve that, particularly while laying prone with the cough causing a partial sit-up, there comes a searing, and I mean -searing- pain on the left side of the back, near the top of the arm-pit, but on the shoulder blade side, ironic or not, located right about where a skin tag is located, like a direct line running to the tag. Totally new reaction and phenomenon. What ever is happening in that moment, it lights up that nerve stoutly enough to cause a momentary yell, and skipping of a breath. My wife thinks it might be a displaced nerve, which, with the amount of significant weight loss, and changing of muscle mass, i guess could've gotten lost in the move?
----------------------------------------------------

Kenny Wayne Shepherd

'Everything is Broken'

Gettin' there, anyway....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JVkHbJE4_o

Last edited:

BudToaster

Veteran
My wife thinks it might be a displaced nerve, which, with the amount of significant weight loss, and changing of muscle mass, i guess could've gotten lost in the move?

this sounds reasonable from my perspective.

although never overweight, i did lose about 15% - from 180 to 155 - after switching to low carb/healthy fat diet in 2018.

i had been doing 100 pushups a day - responding to a thread challenge here on icmag in maybe 2015? - and then after starting to lose visceral fat, my left shoulder was clicking. i find now in 2021 that has stopped and i can do pushups again without problem.

also, i had sciatica for about 6 weeks in my left hip/leg - and that has also resolved to a nothing burger.

zero sugar, low carb, healthy fat (less than keto levels), whole food, omnivore - i think this is the reason for my current good health. plus exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts