Originally posted by trichrider View Post
    Be bathed in the Light of Angels ME.
    we'll wait for reward of your return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smPFK9QLWrc
    [youtubeif]smPFK9QLWrc[/youtubeif]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VttZTYXMm6s

[youtubeif]VttZTYXMm6s[/youtubeif]
    That was very kind, trich.

I can envision me 'entertaining' the patients in what ever room they stick me in for recovery (for what ever durations) being either thrilled or ready to harm me, for playing that loudly, but I'll enjoy that in time. Especially the Indian flute music with birds.

A South American, Chilean or similar wooden pan flute (all the wood 'pipes' laid side-by-side) is one of the many beautiful flute music pieces I have thoroughly enjoyed).

Thank you.

Take care.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by TNTBudSticker View Post
    Saw palmetto is a species of palm used to produce a supplement that's packed with health benefits. Promising research shows that saw palmetto may help increase testosterone levels, improve prostate health, reduce inflammation, prevent hair loss, and enhance urinary tract function.

This is what Bodybuilders use when coming off cycle..Saw Palmetto

An extract of saw palmetto berries may block 5-alpha-reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT.......Alot of men have testosterone that as the body gets older that it converts to DHT and DHT makes the prostate bigger as a byproduct and makes men lose their hair.

The DHT needs to be neutralized.As if you need to use excess testosterone to expell out of your system rather than straight to your prostate.
    Thank you, TNT.

I had been taking a prostate health complex for about a year, with saw palmetto, zinc, lycopene, pumpkin seed, and 'cran-max' for the urinary tract.

Earlier in the thread, buried deeply in the 4 months of writhing over the absence of any real concrete, solid control over state of affairs or outcomes at this point, I had cynically joked about (and may still actually do this), writing the company a somewhat satirical and humorous letter of confrontation. "Hey, I loyally ate your giant black Darth Vader death pills (they look huge, about a 1-gram gel cap, and are BLACK as black can be, thus, they were dubbed the Darth Vader Death pills), and I STILL got cancer. I'm disappointed in your product. Is there any chance of a refund.. like maybe 100 times what I paid you?? Because, no, it didn't work out really well..."

I haven't written that letter yet, as I'm getting back to something distantly resembling 'normal' (my head, heart, functions, etc.) and doing lots of reading, but when I do, I'll share their response with folks. Ought to be a hoot.

Thanks. And the fact is that there's no way of knowing how bad off I might be, had I not consumed their product.

Lots of circumstances where we don't really know what efficacy or benefit we gained from something, because we didn't take the path of not taking what ever it is/was.

Similar but a bit different as to how two persons with similar conditions seek the same treatments, and end up with very different outcomes, too.

Take care, and thank you.
    Last edited by moose eater; 01-30-2021, 06:11.

Leave a comment:

• TNTBudSticker
    replied
    Saw palmetto is a species of palm used to produce a supplement that's packed with health benefits. Promising research shows that saw palmetto may help increase testosterone levels, improve prostate health, reduce inflammation, prevent hair loss, and enhance urinary tract function.

This is what Bodybuilders use when coming off cycle..Saw Palmetto

An extract of saw palmetto berries may block 5-alpha-reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT.......Alot of men have testosterone that as the body gets older that it converts to DHT and DHT makes the prostate bigger as a byproduct and makes men lose their hair.

The DHT needs to be neutralized.As if you need to use excess testosterone to expell out of your system rather than straight to your prostate.

Leave a comment:

• trichrider
    replied
    Be bathed in the Light of Angels ME.
    we'll wait for reward of your return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smPFK9QLWrc
    [youtubeif]smPFK9QLWrc[/youtubeif]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VttZTYXMm6s

[youtubeif]VttZTYXMm6s[/youtubeif]

Leave a comment:

• Galvano
    replied
    Originally posted by moose eater View Post
    You comment re. Hydroxyzine is helpful. I've had a tight chest from the boxed wine and other things recently, that previously hadn't bothered me, but every and any new addition, from the sulfur issues in the lecithin, or the Rx antihistamine we're discussing, is potentially a suspect at this point.

If you don't already know beware that CBD could interact with other drugs.
    CBD is metabolized by cytochrome P450 enzymes in the liver (inhibiting them), the same enzymes are responsible for the metabolization of 50-60% of other drugs, so other drugs could remain in circulation longer than expected.

https://thecbdinsider.com/knowledge-...-interactions/
    https://www.healthline.com/health/cb...now#the-basics

Best wishes
    Last edited by Galvano; 01-27-2021, 16:39.

Leave a comment:

• buzzmobile
    replied
    Last post... maybe for the duration...

I'm headed back into more quiet, more music, and less interaction...

Thanks for everything.
    These Days

Safe travels, moose eater.

Damned old SOOT!

Leave a comment:

• sdd420
    replied
    https://youtu.be/ynYi6MWJcV0
    Stay positive
    Stay strong

One of my favorite bands

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Last post... maybe for the duration.

Thanks to folks who contributed time and information, personal experiences, care packages they brought in time of need, and more.

I'll be furthering stabilizing the issues that arose from too many variable haunting me lately, the anxiety, inflammation, etc.

For those who have beaten cancer, excellent!!

For those contending with cancer, best of wishes, and I again apologize for my naivete' earlier, not realizing the nature of my cancer, versus other more aggressive cancers.

Andyo's passing will be my most recent reminder that even the lesser cancers are nothing to mess with.

I wish I'd taken my circumstances more seriously, back when I had a PSA of 4 or 6. We'll see what the various things I'm throwing at it do for the progress.

Music has always been where I go to think, to process, sometimes when I was a very young kid, into adolescence, and later adulthood, I found mentoring, consolation, philosophy, and more. The posts f music are a way of sometimes communicating meaning, but they are also a gift to folks for posting in this thread..

I'm headed back into more quiet, more music, and less interaction.

Thanks for everything.

I hadn't made extract in about 20 years, and that was done with passive evaporation in warmer months. I had little idea what folks were speaking about when they referenced decarboxylation; I now know what that is, and how to achieve it. Thank you for that, as that was initially my primary purpose in coming back. That and the first-hand knowledge f cancer treatment, outcomes, and things not found in generic studies form 1,000 clinics.

Take care, and be kind.

See you around.

-------------------------------------------------------

John Prine & Co.

'That's the Way That the World Goes 'Round'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPH0tXJ3Rug

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by buzzmobile View Post
    A two headed coin would help.
    View Image

Go head first when you decide.
    Still waiting on a couple more answers from the radio-oncologist, then having a meeting of sorts to discuss the options with my wife and younger son.

Shopping for short-term studio apartments near the hospital in Seattle (if radiation is done entirely there), OR short-term studio or 1-bedroom apartments in Los Anchorage, if it proves true that the external radiation component is really a non-issue, as to who does it, as the Doc down there stated.

In which case he could do the scan for building seeds, and I would go back to him for the implanting of seeds, then get the longer term radiation in Anchorage, where I can likely save a fair bit of money on a studio or 1-bedroom apt., and drive home on week-ends.

If surgery, then a 10-day stay at one of the convenient hotels close to the source.

I'm skeptical when I hear someone say, "That part can be done anywhere." Sounds like famous last words, that fail to consider the continuum of care, professionalism, and capacity that most humans are represented on... and I've found that to be a fairly broad continuum, no matter the profession..

We're on course, have the 2 Docs arranged, (surgeon and radio-dude), and need to make the final-final, then plan for necessities like housing at that point.

But finding out what is available also figures in there, and I'm not about to spend a couple grand a month on a studio apt.

Leave a comment:

• buzzmobile
    replied
    So, 'Shake & Bake', or 'Slice & Dice'?
    A two headed coin would help.

Go head first when you decide.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well, Andyo's passing casts a degree of light on the path of untreated or late-treated prostate cancer. The spread is unpredictable, so, even if the stated 3% risk of mortality over 15 years, if untreated, is accurate, who would want to be in that 3%?

How often would you buy a lottery ticket if the odds were 3:100? Usually they're a lot less hopeful (or in the reverse case, dismal) odds than that. 3 in 100, in my book, while a long shot, isn't all that long.

I didn't communicate with Andyo here more than maybe 2-3 times that I can remember over the last 12-14 years in and out of ICMag. But I hope he and his loved ones have peace in this.

-----------------------------------------------------

Note back from the radio-oncology Doc; he confirms his numbers:

35% chance of recurrence with seed implant and external radiation, together. CyberKnife for site-specific radiation, post-radiation tx. in the event of recurrence.

65% risk of recurrence with surgery alone.

Said he seldom/rarely sees encopresis/bowel incontinence after radiation in those patients who began radiation with good bowel control. (*Words like 'seldom' and 'rarely', though I use such descriptions loosely myself, do not provide a solid basis for statistical interpretation or risk assessment. I don't want to wear any communication thin, but may later push for more accurate numbers re. this risk).

Following hormone suppression tx., Palladium seeds (brachytherapy), and external radiation tx, at the 15 year mark, he reports a 1% risk of radiation-induced cancer from the seeds therapy, etc. Again, 1:100 sounds pretty safe. But would you buy a lottery ticket that had 1:100 odds of winning? I would. Bought many with much stiffer odds.

Testosterone drops within 30 days after the first hormone suppression injection.

3 to 6 injections (I had heard 3 earlier, with no mention of the other numbers, but apparently it is a case-by-case needs thing).

Following radiation, as with surgery, semen is no more.

3 months after initial hormone suppression shot, scan for custom build of Palladium seeds, which are implanted 3 to 4 weeks later, in a 1-hour (+/-) surgical procedure, from which I'm told a person walks out on their own, after the anesthetic has worn off.

25 sessions of external radiation treatment over a 5 week period, 10 minutes of actual exposure per day, 5 days per week, beginning about 2 months or less after seeds are implanted.

So, no word on the lab or medication corrections in the chart yet, but I noted there was a message about meds not being in the chart, and to call my (primary care?) Doc if I needed to know something. That may or may not have taken care of some of the concerns re. listing 'non-conventional therapies'. I think it did, and if so, he was savvy enough not to say, "Hey, I pulled this out for you."

Edit: Seems a patient buys a ticket to open a proverbial door to one passage or another, and the passage they get may be 10 feet long, or 1,000 miles, and there's little guarantee, other than generic stats that aren't unique to the patient, as to what that tunnel will look like. But they'll damned sure have to buy the ticket to find out.

----------------------------------------------------

So, 'Shake & Bake', or 'Slice & Dice'?

Time for some thoughtful contrasting of risks and benefits, and then some thoughtful decisions.

-------------------------------------------------
    Bruce Cockburn

'Incandescent Blue'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwD3iWrIQIs
    Last edited by moose eater; 01-26-2021, 18:10.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by buzzmobile View Post
    That counts as another win, moose eater.
    Thanks buzz.

Sometimes they seem to be rolling in, buzz, and other times, seems they need some help getting stitched together.

But as you pointed out, paraphrasing, counting every win, even if they're the little fellers, adds up, and gets appreciated.

---------------------------------------------

Had another moderate dose of the THC capsules, and another dropper of about 50mg of CBD at bed time, late last night. Definitely felt a little thick in the throat after the last dropper of CBD, but considered it was also maybe the 'thickness' or viscosity of the stuff, and my sensitivity of late, for anything in the airway at all. So I tried to initially sleep sitting upright in a chase with an extended platform.

Still, if any feeling of tight chest after that 2nd dropper, I can't clearly recall it.

I did wake up with munchies a couple times last night, and during this time, looked up sinus issues, as they had returned, and found some less-than-conclusive references to potassium and sodium deficiency being linked to inflammation, but, some of it looked pretty flakey... downright 'comically Cosmic' in one site's case. (*As in 'star dust and space shit').

Back to bed for a brief period, then up and at 'em, again.
    --------------------------------------

Bruce Cockburn

From the 'In the Falling Dark' Lp

'Gavin's Wood Pile'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GhC...&start_radio=1
    Last edited by moose eater; 01-26-2021, 17:46.

Leave a comment:

• buzzmobile
    replied
    Every win helps. WOO HOO!!!
    I'm hoping it lasts, and if not, I can get it back. It feels good!
    That counts as another win, moose eater.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    1 entry this evening. Trying to curtail a number of things at the moment, and posting is one of them.

I was wrong to mention someone else's needs, even anonymously, without first clarifying their words.

I ate a capsule of my own THC extract at perhaps about 2:00 P.M., from my decarboxylated hodge-podge of flowers from the last harvest. No ill effects, other than a brief and minor up-tick to heart/pulse rate, which went away fairly quickly.

CBD arrived from the shipper, sourced from Lazarus Naturals, whom 1 or more members had spoken highly of, and Healthline had rated them among the top 10 CBD sources for last year(?). Did 1 dropper of that (50mg to 1ml dropper). No significant effects noted. Maybe a bit more tired and weary than I already had been..

Effects of the THC cap were sufficient 2 hours later, that a nap became mandatory, and I was borderline out for the count. Rested REALLY WELL!!! Even if relatively briefly.

None the less, the capsule of THC was not so debilitating that I couldn't get up and sauté a bunch of veggies, mushrooms, and plant based sausages in coconut oil with seasonings, and add them to the fresh ^ Lycopene sauce we made from fresh organic tomatoes last night ,being careful not to get it up to 200 f.. Served over discombobulated baked spaghetti squash guts, which served surprisingly well as a lower carb pasta, even if spaghetti squash is one of the lesser 'hard' squash, where nutritional value is concerned. But it's not high in carbs, like whole wheat flour noodles, either!!

The taste was AWESOME!! My younger son had earlier raised eyebrows, grimacing, threatening to "cook (his) own REAL noodles." He had no reservations about shoveling it down after that first bite.

Laid out sticky traps in the one box that has the moms in it, in recovery. Thought I saw a couple flyers the last several days; breaking out fresh organic soil often brings something back to life that needs shot down. They're greening up nicely, with only a couple of them still showing the embarrassing evidence of neglect under lower leaves, from the last 4 months.

I see a thorough spraying of Spinosad in the near future, and then some Gnatrol WDG at a safe time period after the Spinosad.

None of the antihistamine/sedative today, and certainly not worse for the absence of it.. Not yet, anyway.

Had no outright sense of allergy or sinus issues today, other than very briefly when I was processing organic celery for the sauce. Ironic. I'm not typically allergic to celery, or anything else. Briefly felt a tightening again, center of upper chest and lower throat/neck. More evidence of my immune system being very vigilant, hoping it gets its shit together soon.

I thought (in gallows humor), this is how I go out, "found with a stalk of celery, not breathing."

Anyway, for the moment, which I hesitate to project into any sort of solid belief it is going to last, I feel ... almost normal. Seriously. In fact, I feel pretty darned good at the moment, like I am getting 'me' back. I mean that.

I'm hoping it lasts, and if not, I can get it back. It feels good!

-------------------------------------------------------

John Hiatt

'Have a Little Faith in Me'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ub6...-iX94&index=18
    Last edited by moose eater; 01-26-2021, 07:34.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    trich, It also occurred to me that this time is a holding pattern of sorts, allowing the reality of circumstances to sink in, and for some more answers from the various Docs.

But I think it's quite probable/possible, if not a 'given', that I'm going to lose some aspects of my quality of life as I've known them, with the hopes, (and no guarantees), that I'm also losing the cancer permanently.

No guarantees on either side of that proverbial sword. And I've been told, tentatively, that I have some time to think, and the radio-oncology fellow even offered simple monitoring or 'observation' as one of several courses. (with risky surgeries or treatments, they almost always state the offerings as patient driven, so if there's a major issue, ":Hey, it's what YOU wanted to do!") (My spine surgery was categorized as 'elective surgery', in part, for this very reason.

Knowing something about the final days of many terminal cancer patients, the prospect of 'merely monitoring the tumors' wasn't too awfully attractive.

So the down time, waiting for answers, can be a source of frustration ("Hurry up and get me my answers; I want this gone!"), but is also a safety zone of sorts for now; for the moment, if I wait to decide, I lose little but time.

And if the trend of my PSA continues declining by virtue of nature, the Cosmos, diet, sulforaphane, or the other things introduced to date, maybe by the time we move on this, it's (as a person once told me about a nightmare)maybe/hopefully "turned my bison into a field mouse."

Lots of stimuli for now in my body. And it's more clear, even right down to the reactions I just had to the vegetable minestrone I ate for lunch, that my immune system is acting up on all kinds of input right now; ready to bark at anything coming in. And that -does- have me a bit worried.

The radio-oncologist figures my hyper-active immune system of late is a good thing for suppressing cancer (a tool to be used), and maybe that's partly why it's so 'vigilant' at the moment (it's working HARD), but man, he ought to spend a bit of time in this body, and I suspect he'd revise his encouraging remarks).

CBD is in; a family member is on the way to retrieve it.

I'm going to be taking in the first dose VERY cautiously, perhaps 25-40mg or 50mg and see what the hyper-vigilant immune system says about it.

Trying to minimize the roller-coaster rides.
    Last edited by moose eater; 01-26-2021, 00:53.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X