What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
those doctors know patients are sometimes dipshits. good ones can ignore the implications you're beating yourself up over. others might not, but soon having your monies in pocket can forgive. lol

best thing about not having gall bladder is never getting those stones again. well worth it imo.
i gotta go clean the muck out the chicken coop, had more than 10"s of rain this month already and with their effluent the muck is pungent and sticky...change of boots required.
better days....

G

those doctors know patients are sometimes dipshits. good ones can ignore the implications you're beating yourself up over. others might not, but soon having your monies in pocket can forgive. lol

best thing about not having gall bladder is never getting those stones again. well worth it imo.
i gotta go clean the muck out the chicken coop, had more than 10"s of rain this month already and with their effluent the muck is pungent and sticky...change of boots required.
better days....

I'm hoping you're right, trich.

Others close to his league are seeing patients 2-4 weeks out. The soonest this guy can cut on me is mid-March.

reminds me of the old rule that, not withstanding cancellations or new businesses, if you call a mechanic, and they can get you in the next day, and they're not a new business, and haven't had a cancellation, then there's a solid chance they're a shitty mechanic, or bending over backward to help..
;)

He raised his voice when I teetered off into a mild extension of the panic I'd had, and didn't quickly answer re. some meds changes.

As a good friend in another part of the Country said (he used to be up here, and he's had 10 or more times the surgeries of the average human), "You're not going to dinner or on a date with this guy; you're asking him to fix you. But they are often a different breed, borderline autistic, etc."

But my call with his scheduler the other day was to let them know that I'm leaning toward surgery, he's my primary choice of/for Docs, and I attempted to clarify the different scans, some with suspicious notes and some clean, as well as clarifying the gall stone issues and any possible meds changes for all of the above and more.

Part of the problem being that in normal circumstances, my thoughts race, and I'm answering questions sometimes that haven't even been asked yet. Never mind those that have.

So hopefully round II on the phone with the scheduler doesn't further trigger any irritation he may or may not already hold toward me.

This isn't a guy who has to find patients, or put up with anything frustrating.

And thanks again for your attentiveness here, trich. Sincerely.

-------------------------------------------

One of my favorite instrumental "I need a cathartic cry" tunes.

An instrumental nearly on par with Santana's Samba Pati...

Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Live, Summer Fest 2015

'While We Cry'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4T14P37eA0

Gry

With respect to a plant based diet, it seems to me with the passage of time,
I have become accustomed to eating as I do now just fine.
The one exception is sugar. Have cut way back on it, but can
not seem to be rid of it completely. Am currently dealing with
an issue with wintergreen lifesavers, to the tune of about a bag
a week.

G

With respect to a plant based diet, it seems to me with the passage of time,
I have become accustomed to eating as I do now just fine.
The one exception is sugar. Have cut way back on it, but can
not seem to be rid of it completely. Am currently dealing with
an issue with wintergreen lifesavers, to the tune of about a bag
a week.

It's been a matter of trying to find things I like, and that have the proper amounts of the things that are required, while maybe fine-tuning the old diet that was pretty darn clean, but was out of whack at times where balance and proportion are concerned.

I quit white rice, white flour, white sugars, and nearly anything 'white' 11 years ago; whole grain only, and maple syrup or honey when required, though in lesser 'sweetness' than a recipe might use for sugar.

At this point I'm also finding a variety of veggies and fruits that have credibility where possession of anti-carcinogens are involved. Can't really entertain the fruits too much anyway, but some are acceptable in smaller proportion; tomatoes, dried Turkish apricots, and so on. But again, the Venn Diagram involving a primarily plant-based diet for cancer, and another circle representing a proper diet for diabetes, there's an overlap in the middle that is narrower than one or the other by themselves, in their totality.

An older Yupik woman spoke once at a conference I was at, and she said the White people brought the 3 white deaths with them; sugar, salt, and cocaine.

G

3 erroneous bills of varying degrees of error on my desk at the moment.

Murphy says these things come on a Friday or a Saturday, often on a long holiday week-end, just to increase the stress in delayed resolution.

That was OK, and, at the same time, stressful enough.

But I woke up a bit panicked (yes, again), thinking that some of these arrangements with the Bigger Players might not be as they were with entities in my past surgeries; there may be contractually agreed upon coverages, but with the patient not protected from the overages.

Needless to say, waking up with such thoughts, of leaving my younger son and wife $50,000, or more, or less, in unpaid bills, due to specific or special contractual allowances, wouldn't be acceptable.

Woke up with the anxiety tingling in arms, belly, chest, etc. I really am becoming offended at Murph, or what ever factor currently has me waking up resenting the new day, and panicked. I am. Maybe I will go from anxious to angry? Other than for those around me, that might be an improvement.

Headed straight for the Raspberry Zinger tea, and about <1gram of non-decarbed (raw, but dried) 220mg/gram CBD flower, cut it up with kitchen shears, and placed it in a tea ball; this had been advised to calm nerves, by a fairly well-informed medical canna person at our forums, who helped me via PM, especially when I was having heightened panic after eating my decarbed THC flowers. Seems to work, been occasionally doing it since, and in terms of starting out with lighter caliber weaponry first, I am trying to get into the habit of doing this, before reaching for an under-powered, unreliable Rx ant-anxiety med that's delivered varying results.

An older activist here, in my geographic area, affiliated with the University in some ways, was found dead in his bed a few days ago; folks wondering about the vaccines. I simply don't have time for such messages. Especially those sourced at places like Epoch Times, or YouTube conspiracy stuff. When the folks contending with his death know more, maybe, maybe they'll let the rest of the world know. It's a bummer, and he was a good guy, but speculation with seeds of what ever it is, AIN'T helping anyone. Maybe the sender will figure that shit out. It ain't as though we ALL haven't been carrying enough stress in general without someone pissing gasoline on the proverbial fire with made-up answers.

Other than that, and for waking a couple times last night, I slept reasonably well.

I ended up setting up a larger cool sonic mist vaporizer that I had bought several years ago, in setting up a more automated double-mushroom terrarium with two 10-gallon tanks. Works in its original, intended (by the manufacturer) capacity quite nicely.

I got the extra bedroom's RH up to 38% this AM, some time before sun-up, and with the 1/2 of an anti-anxiety pill last night (about 12.5mg of lightweight), maybe 3-5 dips of a narrow toothpick into the overfilled extract in a capsule, one of the capsules the member brought to me from the store, just under a gram of decarbed CBD flower, chewed properly, and 4 decent puffs from a 17.5% THC Indica doobie the generous member had also brought to me in Seattle, and I slept fairly well, again, not withstanding an over-active mind, unresolved questions whether this surgeon will still cut on me, and the billing nonsense, along with specifics of contractual arrangements.

Another day, drinking Raspberry Zinger tea with raw, dried CBD flower, and the Kansas City Chiefs are on in a bit, and my wife has invited me to the game. Patrick's our guy, even if I'm a Seahawks fan, if only for the fact that Alaska doesn't have a pro football team.... or much else, for that matter.

-------------------------------------------------------

I picked up this Lp on vinyl, over 3, almost 4 decades ago. Never heard his own band before, but knew him from the Allman Bros., who fired him since, over excesses and decorum issues. I found this to be as beautiful a tune as any that he has been a part of.

Dicky Betts & Great Southern

'Bougainvillea'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc0XemHkpMM

Last edited:
G

A thought, among many.

If we get this thing side-lined or whooped (time will tell if either), and my spine's good enough, and I get back some strength I lost sleeping, and that which I'm about to lose to the procedures, it might take another year, but I think I'll propose that when we're out from under this, my younger boy and I get a couple FLHRs in decent shape, broke in, but not abused too badly, and though I've asked him in the past to not follow my foot-prints where motorcycling is concerned, maybe he and I could do a ride, and I might accompany him through some of the more amazing rides I've had; maybe some of the glaciers along the highway between Banff and Jasper, Alberta, the Stewart-Cassiar Hwy, and some cut-throat trout fishing at some special places along that road... Or Stone Mountain on the Alaska Hwy, and the trout in that high-elevation elongated mountain lake there.

Hopefully by then, the Canada-Alaska Border is opened up a bit better, and Alaskans have shown a more deserving consideration in such matters as C-19, & taking of personal responsibility.

A good, used, simple, somewhat compact motor home, big enough for my wife, son and I, and the 3 pups of various sizes, to all fit in, and momma and the pups can go to the more obscure remote places that my younger son and I frequent.

My youngest son got my wife on a snowmobile this last year, and as far as I know, she kept it upright, so maybe she'd even be up for a trip to the mountains in late winter, for our lake trout fishing.

There's a lot of things that SHOULD have been a part of our routines, and there's hopefully gonna' be time and resources to make that right.

Goals.

Beat cancer, get my spine back on-par with what I need to do, couple new-to-us bikes, and if we have to go slightly into debt to make it happen, life, with or without cancer, is too short not to do what matters most.

G

No anti-anxiety meds today or this morning yet, not even a puff, and my heart seems to be staying in my chest where it belongs, with no freight train rumblings headed out the side of my rib cage.

WOOT!!!!

Trying to get my body & brain back to being in charge of their functioning, without what ever was needed recently. That applies to regulating temperature, sinus congestion, anxiety & heart rate/pulse, etc., as part of the prep here. All of that will benefit me when I get cut.

Time to eat some decarbed CBD flowers. Hopefully tomorrow or the next day show they're true to NOAA's warmer forecast, and I can make some CBD extract to match my THC extract. Come on Papa Winter!!

G

Getting BP readings that fluctuate quite notably, so re-powered the device with new batteries.

Reading a bit on THCa, and assertions it has all of the medical properties as THC, but without the psychotropic effects of THC. Honestly wondering, and need to both read more, as well as speaking with some of the gurus about this; if this is the case, and THCa -is- at least as effective in treating (X,Y, or Z) then why am I eating so much THC??

I don't mind being high at all. Been that way for lots of years, but....

Anyway, while I park that goose in the stable for chasing later, tomorrow is slated to be between +26 and +37 degrees f., so it -seems-, at least for the moment, that I'll be trying my hand at extracting about 6.5 to 8 oz. of CBD Hemp flowers, most of them purported to be about 220mg/gram, though close to 2 oz. will be the 140mg/gram flowers, so I figure the results ought to average about 195 to 200 mg/gram or more, using loose numbers.

Only a half an anti-anxiety tab this evening, 6 dips into an overly full THC extract cap, ate maybe a half-gram of decarbed CBD flowers at 220mg/gram, took a capsule provided by the generous forum member (70mg CBS, 50mg THCa, and 20mg THC), to be followed by a few puffs of the Indica provided by the same person.

Straightening out medical bills tomorrow or Tuesday, after informing the insurer of the recent bills in error.

Now off to try and slumber in the now-nicely-humidified room.

G

Bingo??

June, 2020, NIH and pancreatic cancer treated in mice using THCa, noting measurable reduction in tumor size AND weight!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7337241/

So please, sincerely, can someone, anyone, tell me why, if THCa is as medically effective with cancer as THC, why, other than for the roller coaster ride, am I eating the amount of decarbed THC I am??

I NEED to locate some folks who can address this, from 'our' "side of the wire", to find out if this is as viable as many are saying.

Imagine being able to extract non-decarbed full spectrum oils, or just eating high potency non-decarbed THCa flowers, if need be, and getting the SAME (or better? lesser?) benefits as when eating decarbed THC, and walking on your lips.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7337241/

Yes, it's only one study/review I've posted here, but it's among a number of sources making similar claims.

----------------------------------------------

Slight sinus congestion, enough to annoy when testing airways, despite 48% humidity. I may need to dial back the mist to the (sweet spot?) of about 37-38%. Seemed best. Up and about, the airways are improving.

Fair bit of sensitivity at times to heat and cold. One minute one or the other is OK, then the next, it's not. True to the assertions of relationship between cannabinoids, receptor sites, and the body's regulation of all things, mine seems confused lately over what is an acceptable temperature.
=-------------------------------------------------
Couple hours before sun-up and the temp was already up to +25 f. on the front porch's glass and mercury thermometer. Looks like a day to extract decarbed CBD flowers. Hopefully we get above 32 f., as they said we might, in this area.
------------------------------------------------
Dipped a toothpick 4 times into an over-filled capsule, taking a lighter dose of ^THC extract with my Tofurkey plant-based sausage & sulforaphane/broccoli sprouts in spicy brown mustard (has yellow mustard powder in it) for breakfast. Not sure which one tasted best.

Ate just under a gram, maybe 3/4 gram of decarbed CBD flower and am steeping a cup of
Orange & Spice herbal tea with about another 3/4 gram of the non-decarbed CBD flowers.

No anti-anxiety tabs today, and only a half last night.
-------------------------------------------------

Heading into trying to reach the insurance company and the senders of irritating inaccurate billing statements, in today's version of The Empire Strikes Back. -or- "Get your shit together and stop stressing me out unnecessarily, unless you want to pay me to do your damn job for you."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruce Cockburn, Live, 1978

Circles in the Stream Lp

'Dialogue with the Devil'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PfDrP6X5P8

Last edited:
G

2 senders of erroneous bills have been notified, one account corrected, the other in the works, and both informed that in the future, when I have to do their jobs for them, or for the insurers, it will be billed at $50/hr., plus materials and costs.

We'll see how legally safe it is to do a follow-up to that in writing.

My insurance, near the end of the year, states my benefits for cancer screening have been used, and they are forwarding me a bill for the labs for a blood draw. Need to speak with the ordering Doc's billing folks re. my insurer's stance, as this was not 'cancer screening,' per se', but rather a known cancer, and assessment of status or condition.

Not sure if they'll see the obvious distinction in terms of definition of 'tools', but it's worth a shot.

Scans for lower spine from end of November are still unprocessed by the insurer. Raises some questions and concerns. Probably looked like a curve ball to them; series of cancer related services, then out of the blue, a consultation with a neuro-team and a scan for lower back.

I think serious on-going interactions with some of these folks should come with a free 3 mos. supply of sedatives, but I'd settle for good numbers, and them doing their jobs proficiently and accurately.

Edit: Rejection of payment for the recent PSA draw (allegedly due to expiration or use of preventive resources is being reviewed by coders at the service location, as this wasn't preventive or screening in nature, but rather assessment of cancer we ALREADY KNOW is there. Quaint question to insurer in this case; "would you rather I send you another bill for a PSA draw, or perhaps an exploratory surgery or another multi-thousand dollar scan for ascertaining what we were trying to gauge with the over-priced $230 draw (which I could've taken care of, with no insurance involved, at the Health Fair's office for $25)?

Letting a couple hundred slide here, and another couple there, and on down the road, it adds up to big jing, and there'll be a need for that, for sure, so no sense giving it away right now.

I'm thankful to have many advocates in my corner right now to help carry the nuisance weight of mornings like this, but... Each day there are times when the world makes less and less sense.

2nd Edit: I received the results from my re-entry to Alaska, mandatory COVID-19 test, following my trip to see the Doc in the PNW. The tests they're using are a shallow nasal swab test. I'm negative!! Thank you GVS Elipse P100 half-mask, surgical mask, gloves, skookum face shield, and all the rest, as the Anchorage Daily News posted a story several weeks ago, stating that ~1:20 persons deplaning in Anchorage were tested as positive at that time. Meaning, in extrapolation, there were approximately 8-10 COVID-positive [passengers on a full 737-900 series. Roulette?

I'll need to re-test for my second test, no sooner than Tuesday night late, or Wednesday morning, and I may let it go a bit past that to allow proper time for incubation or setting up shop, if there is anything in there.

But for the first time since I got back, I was able to kiss my wife and son. That's important stuff. Thinking of the folks who are locked away in ICUs, who can't do that. A reality that causes a lot of sadness..

Headed out for a ride om the snowmobiles with my wife and youngest son. Get some fresh air, then maybe wear a mask and try to get the newly adjusted soilless mix made up, x about 130 gallons or so to get it happening. The angry and neglected mothers are beginning, in their own times, to show an appreciation for having been released from the tiny cubes they'd been in too long. I figure another 2-3 weeks to get them back to forgiving me, then clones form the select mothers that will work best for now for THC extract, and then another 810 weeks or so to get them up and happening through to fruition.

----------------------------------------------------

Bruce Cockburn

'Closer to the Light'

Video from White Eagle Nature Preserve Cemetery in Washington State; one of just over a dozen natural burial cemetery locations in the US. Exactly what I had [planned for, but in the wrong State. Incorporating no embalming, no preservatives, plain pine or spruce box or other biodegradable materials. Cool places, and very neat place to get plunked to feed the trees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvGVuqq8lIk

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
as much CBD as you are taking you should have very little head effects iirc CBD is a THC antagonist...meaning it counteracts the effects of THC on CB1 & CB2 receptors....

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17245363/
Abstract

Background and purpose: A nonpsychoactive constituent of the cannabis plant, cannabidiol has been demonstrated to have low affinity for both cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors. We have shown previously that cannabidiol can enhance electrically evoked contractions of the mouse vas deferens, suggestive of inverse agonism. We have also shown that cannabidiol can antagonize cannabinoid receptor agonists in this tissue with a greater potency than we would expect from its poor affinity for cannabinoid receptors. This study aimed to investigate whether these properties of cannabidiol extend to CB1 receptors expressed in mouse brain and to human CB2 receptors that have been transfected into CHO cells.
Experimental approach: The [35S]GTPS binding assay was used to determine both the efficacy of cannabidiol and the ability of cannabidiol to antagonize cannabinoid receptor agonists (CP55940 and R-(+)-WIN55212) at the mouse CB1 and the human CB2 receptor.
Key results: This paper reports firstly that cannabidiol displays inverse agonism at the human CB2 receptor. Secondly, we demonstrate that cannabidiol is a high potency antagonist of cannabinoid receptor agonists in mouse brain and in membranes from CHO cells transfected with human CB2 receptors.
Conclusions and implications: This study has provided the first evidence that cannabidiol can display CB2 receptor inverse agonism, an action that appears to be responsible for its antagonism of CP55940 at the human CB2 receptor. The ability of cannabidiol to behave as a CB2 receptor inverse agonist may contribute to its documented anti-inflammatory properties.

maybe your 'CBD' isn't exactly that and contributing to overload of THC causing heart racing or palpitations....
were you using the CBD to be an antagonist? to offset the amounts of THC necessary to ameliorate/stop/reverse/destroy the growth????

RSO whole plant extract i used didn't come with a test for %%%

did you consider these attacks started after beginning therapeutics, specifically high doses of THC and/or CBD?

just thinking with my keyboard.

G

as much CBD as you are taking you should have very little head effects iirc CBD is a THC antagonist...meaning it counteracts the effects of THC on CB1 & CB2 receptors....

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17245363/
Abstract

Background and purpose: A nonpsychoactive constituent of the cannabis plant, cannabidiol has been demonstrated to have low affinity for both cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors. We have shown previously that cannabidiol can enhance electrically evoked contractions of the mouse vas deferens, suggestive of inverse agonism. We have also shown that cannabidiol can antagonize cannabinoid receptor agonists in this tissue with a greater potency than we would expect from its poor affinity for cannabinoid receptors. This study aimed to investigate whether these properties of cannabidiol extend to CB1 receptors expressed in mouse brain and to human CB2 receptors that have been transfected into CHO cells.
Experimental approach: The [35S]GTPS binding assay was used to determine both the efficacy of cannabidiol and the ability of cannabidiol to antagonize cannabinoid receptor agonists (CP55940 and R-(+)-WIN55212) at the mouse CB1 and the human CB2 receptor.
Key results: This paper reports firstly that cannabidiol displays inverse agonism at the human CB2 receptor. Secondly, we demonstrate that cannabidiol is a high potency antagonist of cannabinoid receptor agonists in mouse brain and in membranes from CHO cells transfected with human CB2 receptors.
Conclusions and implications: This study has provided the first evidence that cannabidiol can display CB2 receptor inverse agonism, an action that appears to be responsible for its antagonism of CP55940 at the human CB2 receptor. The ability of cannabidiol to behave as a CB2 receptor inverse agonist may contribute to its documented anti-inflammatory properties.

maybe your 'CBD' isn't exactly that and contributing to overload of THC causing heart racing or palpitations....
were you using the CBD to be an antagonist? to offset the amounts of THC necessary to ameliorate/stop/reverse/destroy the growth????

RSO whole plant extract i used didn't come with a test for %%%

did you consider these attacks started after beginning therapeutics, specifically high doses of THC and/or CBD?

just thinking with my keyboard.

Thanks trich,

The majority of the panic attacks, and what was an independently operating pulse rate, were pretty much AFTER the CBD/THC therapy began.

The CBD is from a licensed outlet, that provides testing data, as well as an insert that supposedly makes the shipments of raw hemp CBD flower legal under the 2018 Ag Bill, but on cursory review of the legal papers, I noted some curious blank spaces involving responsible parties, and they bill under a second name, other than the on-line folks.

As far as the cleanliness of their product, I can only say what the testing data shows.

I communicated with them via e-mail, when, due to the appearance of the flowers, and due to the methods of ingestion I was attempting, I inquired if their flowers were pre-decarboxylated. They are reportedly not pre-decarbed; "That happens when you smoke them." I didn't go further, as that was all I needed.

However, this whole question involving humans, and our having a wide breadth of integrity, etc., tests can be bought, without a commitment to making them real. That said, I take them at face value; they report no molds, unwanted toxins, pesticides, herbicides, etc., and show THC levels below the legal threshold defining hemp versus 'marijuana'.

Admittedly, how persons get verified clean crops, per testing, growing in that large an area, and that large of a crop, has been an unanswered question for me. Not that there's not a good answer. I simply haven't pursued that end too far..

I think your thinking via the keyboard may have some merit in your thoughts, trich. Keep 'em coming.

I'll add that ONE thought I had involved the fact tat in any given vegetative sample of cannabis, I can't remember if it's 61 or 81 known (maybe more by now) cannabinoids. So a question I asked in my own brain's echo chamber a while ago was, "What is the likelihood that we're over-doing some other less discussed cannabinoids?

Just a thought that may or may not have merit.

Gotta' head out with my son and wife, then extract. We're +35, but with notable wind. I'll keep my cooking table away from tall trees; they're swaying pretty good right now.

And thanks again, trich. Seriously.

Any comments re. the THCa paper from NIH? I was pleased to see some kid of evidence that maybe eating potent THC, rather than THCa, was unnecessary.

Thanks.

======================================

Ozark Mountain Daredevils

From the 'It's Alive' Lp

Music from the off-grid homestead farm, circa 1976 and '77

'You Know Like I Know'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9S3gck6V18

G

Another thought that occurred re. the bumped pulse, chest tightening, etc.

Off and on, through the years, at different times, and usually during a larger (for me) harvest, I would occasionally get a temporary rash with mild itching on my forearms, in particular.

Nothing too outrageous was being used on the plants, and I assumed it was a transitory auto-immune thing, like a short-lived hives or something.

That said, I wondered if there might not be an allergy of some sort.

I know in the case of my own soilless mix, I've been running some pretty high sulfur levels. Distantly related, in anecdotal observation, I had quit drinking almost ANY beer at all, stopped for the most part, and rarely have a shot of tequila now, but on the days that I had one half-glass (+/-) of boxed red wine, I had limited but present tightening of the chest on a couple occasions. nothing serious, just discernible. The box wines have higher levels of sulfiting agents some times.

Finding my way through unappreciated side-effects.

Also, my own THC flowers all tend to come from things that, while having a relaxing component to the high when smoked, they are heavy on the side of sativa or haze effects.

Hence, the need to find a GOOD clean Indica mom that doesn't leave me feeling like a zombie, but that doesn't feel like a second cup of cappuccino, either. booted.

Ultimately, how to make friends with my medicine, and it with me.

G

Tested the induction cook-top indoors, before heading outside, based on how quickly it malfunctioned last time outside. Wanted to see if it would hold temp properly.

Well... It boils water when set to 200 f. , and I'm at about 550 ft. above sea level, so I'm thinking there's a heat regulation problem inside... Another issue to resolve with billing folks; just not a medical bill tis time. So, it wasn't the cold air last time, as best as I can tell. It's a bogus product.

So, at the instruction of yet another forum member, the lower pot's contents in a double-boiler configuration, will dictate the range of heat coming from the bottom pan. In theory, a bottom pan filled with H2O should not get much hotter than 214 to 215, when considering 212 as the boiling point, and steam being slightly hotter.

Vegetable oil, which I was going to use (and thankfully didn't) would've gone as hot as the malfunctioning cook-top would've let it, up until it flamed.

So, we're 1/3 of the way through the extraction prep, and the temp outside is still +35 degrees f., so Murphy must be hanging out in someone else's neighborhood today. Hope where ever he is, they offer him dinner... and it takes a while.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: was headed into a cup of decent hot cocoa before cooking, and made up a cup with good cocoa powder, coconut milk, a limited amount of cacao butter, and, in the last moment, a micro-amount of Splenda (Sucralose) was added to it. Had read studies years ago that were largely inconclusive, but science marches on, and I'm trying to not feed the cancer anything it likes.

Ran a search.... No more sucralose for us. Italian and Israeli studies from same time period link the stuff to numerous issues..

https://www.roboticoncology.com/video/new-warning-about-artificial-sweeteners/

Last edited:
G

Haven't loaded syringes yet, in order to fill capsules, but I did about the same dilution with organic coconut oil and organic cacao butter, and looks like, if I were to put some money on volume, I'd say there's between 65 and 90 doses or so there. Maybe 100, just eye-balling it..

Loading of capsules to commence shortly, after a medium-small bowl of the homemade veggie soup with black beans.

Headed out to extract outdoors, it was still +33 when we got set up (Thank you, Murphy... for that, anyway), though the sun was long gone, and the sky relatively black..

My younger son was rebuilding the carburetor set on his most recent custom build snowmobile near the barn, and we were setting up on the card table out back near the raspberry arbor, when I heard an unusual exclamation from my son; a well-scarred cow moose that's been hanging around off and on for years here, was at our large compost bins, chowing down on what I'm sure she thought was quite the smorgasbord.

He tried to chase her off, so we'd be less distracted from our jobs, and she responded by putting her hackles up and ears back (never a good sign with a moose), and I think in moose-speak, there might've been a "Yeah, fuck you, too." Seems she was attached to that compost bin.

I went in and got a side arm in an inside waist-band holster, and tucked that in. You know, standard kitchen & cooking attire.

Classic Alaskana.

Didn't mind her eating our compost; they need to live too. But the line's drawn heavy at the family safety issues, and the CBD extract.

Soup and syringes. Sounds like a Tom Waites tune, no?

Things are good for the moment.

Edit: Only washed about <5 oz. of the original volume of decarbed CBD flower I had initially intended to wash..

Cooked at about 214 f as stated, due to messed up induction cook-top. as volume remained up with iso, the top pan remained notably colder than the bottom. H2O in the bottom did a fine job making up for the manufacturer, whom I need to call tomorrow re. the cook-top..

Loaded syringes with the extract unnecessarily warmed to 120 to 150. Flowed almost too well at those temps.

Slightly less cacao butter than conconut oil, but we'll use the 1/3, + 1/3, + 1/3 method in determining doses. With the dilution, I filled 43 ml of finished extract, or close to 14.3 ml of just the extract, minus the oils/fats.

Loading caps shortly, approximating 6 grains of rice per capsule (Weez was doing the equivalent of 2 grains of rice in volume to a cap, with just plain extract, so with this being more or less tripled in volume, due to oils, we'll approximate his dose x 3, and it ought to be close, though at 220 mg/gram of CBD flower for half the load or so, and slightly less than half at 140 mg/gram, the original combined CBD content of the 2 batches -ought- to be around 180mg/gram, since I backed off of adding the other oz's of the 220 mg CBD).

I NEED to speak with someone about a local lab, and have this tested. (*There's a least 2 labs testing canna products in Alaska, as of a year or 2 ago, so hopefully they're still around.

As trich was asking about different effects of late, and I was sorting out the possible causes, it occurred to me to take up another forum member on their advice, and get some solid lab data down on my CBD flowers (all 3 batches), and on the THC flowers of my own. Safe is safe, and not having a solid idea of what is or isn't in there is nothing shy of stupid; especially when it's being done to try and become more healthy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny Winter

from the 3-siided 'Second Winter' Lp.

'Memory Pain'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvQHOvSCimY

----------------------------

J. Winter, Live

E. Clapton's Crossroads Music Festival, 2007

'Highway 61 Revisited'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNW0pioGSFU

One look at Derek Trucks' face during that, and the majority of the band members' faces on stage during that tune; they're nearly all tickled beyond their ability to control their smiles. They're star-struck, plain and simple, and it is SO FUCKING COOL to see them enjoy themselves lime that. Truly!! Heroes with heroes.

RIP, Johnny Winter.

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
Goals.

Beat cancer, get my spine back on-par with what I need to do, couple new-to-us bikes, and if we have to go slightly into debt to make it happen, life, with or without cancer, is too short not to do what matters most.

Sounds like a plan to me.
:trampoline:

G

Sounds like a plan to me.
:trampoline:

Thanks buzz.

Some things seem to be more calm and closer to where I ought to be functioning, but not back there yet.

Last night I dabbed a bit of the CBD on a finger and ate it that way, as I was processing, along with one of the night-time capsules the forum member provided, maybe <half-gram of my decarbed THC flowers, and 1/2+ of one of the anti-anxiety tablets, and I woke up mid-sleep, clearly with a THC effect that was in the neighborhood of 'proper effects' for the cannabinoids.

Looking for a lab online that's able to test my flowers, including all CBD sources, my THC, and my extracts that are already in caps, to ascertain average dosage strength and cleanliness... If I test a bunch, it's apt to still be about <guesstimating> $60/sample, and the sample sizes they may want, might be too much for me to forfeit at this time from some of my flower stashes, if I'm to get through to my next crop in time (a ways out at the moment).

I could probably also test just the capsules, and though it wouldn't separate out which flowers have what, it would determine if there's any unwanted nasties, or deficiencies in the existing finished caps.

For now, that sounds like a better plan, both where flower volume on-hand is concerned, as well as trying to guarantee I'm eating clean medicine.

Still have close to a gallon+ of Ethanol (95% Everclear), and been thinking about the original mission of doing this with Ethanol instead of Iso, as well; again, as a matte of cleanliness. De-skizzions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Spoke to the local lab (didn't know we had one here; thought I might have to drive to Los Anchorage). That was the best part of the effort. For a basic potency and solvent test, they want a gram of extract and $150.

I'd figured I would test the extracts for heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, potency for dosing, solvents, etc., but the person I spoke with stated that while she couldn't be certain, she wasn't sure there was -any- lab in Alaska that is testing cannabis samples for herbicides, pesticides, or heavy metals (???????!!!!!!!!!)

Say, "WHAT??!!!"

But she encouraged me to call the other labs (Anchorage and Juneau, apparently), and inquire as to whether they offer these services.

Can this be true?? Commercial canna labs in Alaska aren't testing for these things? Really?

Hoping someone is testing for these types of things, but also now suspect that if I locate such a service, there may be a co-signer involved

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
you stated the symptoms started after you began dosing.
could blood/tissue saturation take awhile before presenting?

i recall that after i was ingesting what i figured was a gram of RSO daily, the 'head effects' disappeared and to this day edibles don't trigger a 'high'. while dosing i did experience what i would call "too much"...an uneasy feeling sometimes with nausea, vomiting, and the runs.

now that i think of it, the only decarboxylation of my RSO was in boiling the ISO off.
that limited the conversion of THCa...temperature i think around 200*F.
i've got a jar of oil that i haven't touched for more than a year, so i'm certain it has completely decarbed. a dose the size of a grain of rice does absolutely nothing that i can feel.

G

you stated the symptoms started after you began dosing.
could blood/tissue saturation take awhile before presenting?

i recall that after i was ingesting what i figured was a gram of RSO daily, the 'head effects' disappeared and to this day edibles don't trigger a 'high'. while dosing i did experience what i would call "too much"...an uneasy feeling sometimes with nausea, vomiting, and the runs.

now that i think of it, the only decarboxylation of my RSO was in boiling the ISO off.
that limited the conversion of THCa...temperature i think around 200*F.
i've got a jar of oil that i haven't touched for more than a year, so i'm certain it has completely decarbed. a dose the size of a grain of rice does absolutely nothing that i can feel.

Thus far, with the exception of the CBDa flowers in a tea ball with herbal teas, and the 50mg of THCa in the night-time capsules, all of the flowers being ingested thus far have been decarboxylated, and the extracts made from decarbed flowers.

This morning I dipped a narrow, old-style toothpick about 6 times into my over-filled THC extract capsule, and ran a hefty dab of the remnants of CBD oil in the pan on my finger (likely more than a routine dose of CBD as they're set up at the moment).

I noted a slight quickening of the pulse and anxious chest feeling.

I can also say that the 2 Indica strains I've smoked, mostly in the evening, have not carried the punch I anticipated, and wondered about some sort of receptor site blockage or tolerances.

In furtherance of the possibility of an allergy of some sort, or other auto-immune disorder, I woke up last night with my arm pits itching like a bastard; clawed them half raw in the middle of the night, and my hands, esp. right, on the back side, have been itching and I've treated them for my abuse since. Though the backs of the hands could just as well be a reaction to the iso and drench being poured off the wash, and getting that on me in sufficient amount for the skin to take offense.

The armpits, however, I'm pretty sure didn't get involved in the extraction process. ;)

Headed back to a cup of orange spice tea with some CBDa flower in it, and waiting to call the manufacturer of the induction cook-top, to see about a replacement. (On inspection of this one, it was made in 2007, and sold this last year as new. I have suspicions; refurbed?).

Noted my negative C-19 test has the wrong B-day on it, so another issue to correct. I guess the screeners get cross-eyed sometimes after the ump-teen-thousandth passenger. None the less, the guy was holding my ID. And, another, "oh well..."

Back to snooze, then call the labs in Anchorage re. testing; unbelievable that there's the amount of licensed cannabis in this State, and the labs are allegedly not able to test for significant contaminants. Maybe the lab person and I misunderstood each other, and she was simply saying they can't test for those things in extracts?

I'll find out.

------------------------------------------

Robin Trower, Live

Rockpalast, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wkkscG08So

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can't read all the messages. CBD is an important factor in Cannabis with prostate cancer.

https://sperlingprostatecenter.com/cannabis-prostate-cancer/

Maybe this has already been posted.

ASK MMJ doctors the best route to go.

All I know is our former grow/breeding partner had Stage III Prostate carcinoma, did the brachytherapy seeds implant, used cannabis (not decarbed) in capsules for suppositories, made his own tincture, again not decarbed, smoked autoflowers with decent thc/CBD, cooked with cannabis, not getting uber stoned and made capsules, undecarbed, and pea protein shakes with loaded berries and fresh leaf. Took him 1.5 years to feel like his former self, suffering from pain, insomnia, ginormous fatigue.

However, HE'S ALIVE, back to 70% of what he used to do, turned 70 in June......

Status
Not open for further replies.