What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"Unfinished business with the deceased ..." left me in a quandary when my Dad died. Strange man he was ... didn't talk much so we never got to exchange the important stuff.

Well, never knew it was important until he was gone and I found myself framing the question: "Why didn't you take charge?" Meaning why did you let Mum (She of the black heart) run the household?

So I went out into the middle of the paddock (field, pasture) around my house at the time and I asked Dad whyso in a very loud voice. He didn't answer of course (the Cosmos is often dumb, I 've found) but I suddenly felt better.

It seems the framing of the question ... which had entirely eluded me while he was alive ... is the most important action to ease away troublesome unfinished business ... not any answer.

So to reframe what I just wrote: getting it out whether anyone hears or not seems to be the important action to settle a circular nuisance internal dialogue.

Bye for now (the only trip I did to the Reef was not worth the much less than $6oo I paid. Hope you didn't waste yr money either).

G

"Unfinished business with the deceased ..." left me in a quandary when my Dad died. Strange man he was ... didn't talk much so we never got to exchange the important stuff.

Well, never knew it was important until he was gone and I found myself framing the question: "Why didn't you take charge?" Meaning why did you let Mum (She of the black heart) run the household?

So I went out into the middle of the paddock (field, pasture) around my house at the time and I asked Dad whyso in a very loud voice. He didn't answer of course (the Cosmos is often dumb, I 've found) but I suddenly felt better.

It seems the framing of the question ... which had entirely eluded me while he was alive ... is the most important action to ease away troublesome unfinished business ... not any answer.

So to reframe what I just wrote: getting it out whether anyone hears or not seems to be the important action to settle a circular nuisance internal dialogue.

Bye for now (the only trip I did to the Reef was not worth the much less than $6oo I paid. Hope you didn't waste yr money either).

No, I didn't make an effort to see the Great Barrier Reef. Only reason I used that is that it's 'generally' in your region.

Yep, we've done exercises with imagery, with clients who were trying to resolve internal interpersonal conflict, years ago.

Had plenty of opportunity to use those exercises in re. to my own deceased family.

The difference, in my observation, is that the reframe of the angst of unresolved conflict through imagery, etc., mental health mind games, is substantially shorter lived, and less conclusive.

Yes, I believe the lessening of that presence can be done with repeated reframing, but it's never as productive, in my opinion, as having resolved the conflict before the other's demise.
------------------------------------
Ran into a gap in broccoli sprouts, and will likely have a day or 2 that I need to double-up on CBD flower ingestion, while the broccoli sprouts in the next jar to be up is still cracking seed shells.

Hate to waste the relatively expensive little buggers, but I also -really- hate running out when it's being applied as a medicine.

Probably need to start refrigerating them after they have achieved relative ripeness for about 2 days, then they'll last longer, and the jars will provide a continuous over-lap better, maybe?

We'll see.

I'm up early enough today, that after coffee, and the end of the Seahawks game, it's likely way past time for me to seek out my mothers, and apologize to them for making them live like hydroponic critters in 3" cubes for the last several months. Done it to them before in similar frames of mind, although not quite as extreme, so I know from past experience that they can typically be revived, but..... I hate seeing them like that. Just makes more work for me.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Elton John, Leon Russell, Sheryl Crow, & Neko Case

Covering Neil Young's 'Helpless' in tribute, 2010 (??) Never saw this before last night...

Now on the 'All-Star Dead Band' play list here. (No, they're not all actually dead, but they sound good together, so....).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTssTReS7mE&list=RD4bwMqliLXZQ&index=11
---------------------------------
Bonnie Raitt, Lowell George, and others in the studio,

Cover of Steve Winwood's/Blind Faith's 'Can't Find My Way Home'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4tJiyU_gjY&list=RD4bwMqliLXZQ&index=12

Last edited:
G

Finally got the HRV taken apart, core and pre-filters cleaned, rinsed and dried, and inspected the 2 exhaust and intake squirrel cage fans, motors and blades included. Little bit of dust on the blades, far less than is typical, so, for the first time ever, I decided to skip the disassembly of the fan motors and blades, instead just cleaning the surroundings, and then cleaning the return and supply trim grates.

Significance? Well, we live in an energy-star-rated, very energy-efficient home, and importation of air, esp. in winter, without freezing the core (so it has to be clean or the balance shifts), becomes extremely important. If I have ^ numbers of plants here, then all the more important, as they introduce LOTS of moisture to this tight home.

Anyway, as a result of current affairs and medical issues, this is the absolute LATEST this and other home maintenance has been performed. About 2 to 2-1/2 months later, actually.

But that's done, and tomorrow I intend to get the other things done that have been languishing. (*My mothers heard me typing that, I think).

I need to write an in-depth manual for my wife and younger son, re. the routine maintenance issues here. Again, energy efficient homes are often heavy on manual labor and maintenance. A trade-off for the significantly reduced carbon foot-print and reduced heating costs.

I substituted homemade coleslaw (made with organic cabbage, sweeet peppers, sweet onions, homemade slaw dressing, limited red pepper flakes, some yellow mustard powder, and celery seed) for the broccoli sprouts I am currently between jars of.

The cabbage is substantially lesser in content of sulforaphane, but it IS at least a cruciferous veggie, with some amount of sulforaphane present, so .. slaw it was, for dinner.

And, a bit of sensitivity near the cancer site, in a naturally sensitive area. I've had minor pressure, to the extent of minor discomfort. Not willing to call it pain at this time, though.

Researched that, and it could be one of any number of issues. I'll put a call in to my local urologist, and get their opinion..

1 day and 1 week remaining until a computer (Telehealth) appt. with 1 of 3 clinics in the Seattle area. A week and a day after that I fly down for the other consult. Hopefully a third or forth hospital or Doc will respond to the earlier referrals, as well, and maybe knock out one or so of them while I'm down there.

Last, despite NOAA disagreeing with itself on 2 different pages and numbers I phoned, our glass and mercury thermometer on the front porch says they might be experiencing an equipment glitch, or they had a really good Christmas party; 3 sources, 3 different forecasts (when we include our equipment here).

But on our porch, despite the predicted low temps being a fair bit lower than what we actually have, a little while ago we had +24 degrees f., with a soft, warm, moist Chinook wind out of the south.

So, while I hate to jinx myself with further proclamations of intent, I may, -MAY-, get to reduce some ethanol or iso into extract tomorrow..... M-A-Y-B-E!!

G

NOAA (~20 road miles away) says we're +11 f. at the moment. My glass and mercury says we're about 25 f. I'll trust my equipment, as it's traditional weather science equipment, AND, what's more, IT'S HERE, where I'm at.

Transferred about 275 gallons of #1 heating oil, bringing the 500-gallon main tank up to about 10 gallons shy of full. We could finish the winter with what's in the tank, but I've attempted in the past to keep everything as full as possible for my family, in case something happened to me... And now, it seems as though it's more possible that something may, indeed, "happen to me."

I may still try to extract both CBD and THC this evening, but it's getting late in the afternoon here, and I noted when I was doing the fuel oil that I was winded, and with far less energy than I normally would have. I guess sleeping for most of 2-1/2 months can do that to a person's endurance.

Anyway, last night was rough, dreamt I contracted COVID-19, dreamt my older son and I had an emotional reunion with sincerity, depth, and merit, after I had stared at the clock until almost 5:00 this morning, trying to sleep, having ingested about 1-1/8 to 1-1/4 grams of what I believe was a Satori cola, 5 puffs of hashish, typing, reading, and a decent size shot of tequila.

When I can do that, and stare at the clock into that hour of the morning, either things are totally fucked up, my body has regained some balance of energy, adding to my tolerance, or both.

For now, despite the foreign or different/strange feeling of being, I'll take it.

None the less, I had difficulty getting up at 11:45 A.M., and laid back down until close to 1:00 this afternoon. Getting going after that required proverbial jumper cables.

Eating some decarbed CBD flowers, following a half an avocado, though today I had nearly no appetite. I've lost 33 more lbs. since mid-September. Aiming for my ideal weight back, 40 years ago, as a coked up river hippy, splitting wood and carrying water. Age and maladies providing yet another live and in color return trip through yesterday's mental images, I guess.

2 more annual home-maintenance chores to get done that would have typically been done in the mid-fall on a more normal year.... I don't think anyone will really debate heavily re. whether or not this qualifies as a 'normal year.'..... Will they?

So now i can continue the apology to my mothers and get them transplanted, after the basement air-handler's filters are replaced, and the energy-efficient dryer ducting is cleaned properly.

Cancer has definitely slowed me down, and made some complex circumstances more complicated, but there's still stuff that has to be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWANdsaWhG4

Last edited:
G

Don't recall the dreams last night/this morning. I know they were intense. Got to sleep some time around 2:30 or 3:00 A.M.

Lost another 2 lbs. (+/-), and am now 18 lbs. away from the better-looking images in my keepsakes box from 37 years ago.

May have replacement broccoli sprouts by this evening, and can eat some of the organic coleslaw in the interim. Had a half an avocado for breakfast (lunch).

Need to make a trip to town for errands (bills) and then pay off what I began taking care of the other day, but was interrupted by the facility's (the one I was paying) broken payment system; maybe they'll have that repaired today.

Mail brought intake packets for 2 of the 3 premier clinics I'm dealing with in the Seattle area, one of which was one I was waiting for a phone call from; apparently we did speak on the telephone in the midst of my slumber, as they have sent me the next step, by way of intake paperwork.

The things a guy misses when he's half-comatose in sleep.

So I'll triple confirm via my insurance carrier's customer service line, that ALL of these places are in my healthcare insurance provider's network, so I don't get stuck with a bill in the $tens of thousands of dollars, if not more, when it all shakes out.

Anyway, shave for town, brush teeth, get the vehicle warmed, and go take care of my last 2 errands or so in town, then come back to the mothers and other indoor chores; it was +20 f. this A.M., but the skies had cleared, releasing the ceiling the clouds provide as an atmospheric layering of insulation, and we were at +4 just a bit ago, but ewe may well see 20+ above tis Wednesday (tomorrow), so Ma' Nature seems to be humoring my continuing pattern of sleep and lethargy, cutting me more and more days.

Maybe I can bluff Her into having us stay under relatively warm weather, right on through the end of the colder parts of this winter, simply by continuing to whine at Her how I need to extract outdoors yet.. Maybe not. Best get it done.

Edit: Just got off the telephone with my healthcare insurance provider, and confirmed that all 3 clinics I'm engaged with currently, and the Docs at each of those clinics/hospitals, are ALL in my service network, so I won't/shouldn't (in theory) get any heart-stopping financial shock. Another win.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Another Aretha tune.

The Goddess/Queen of Soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_4GJwriRnM
------------------------------------------------------------------
And the rocking-est Buddy Guy concert, with the best sound that I've found (not that there might not be better, but....)

Buddy Guy, opening up for George Thorogood and the Destroyers, at Red Rocks, 2013, with Buddy gaining on 80 years old at that time, now I believe age 83. What a Guy.

At about 57 or 58 minutes, after some impressive work, he does what John Prine, Otis Taylor, and so many other greats have done; he brings out a young blues guitarist he's been working with previously, Quinn Sullivan. A little bit hokey, but pretty cool at the same time.

The Red Rocks show is about 1' and 16" long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKq9hQtf38A

Last edited:
G

As I was dealing with my insurance company earlier, ascertaining whether everyone I'm attempting to see in the Seattle area is 'in network', the phone rang, as a follow-up to the letter I'd received just today, from one of the providers, asking me to call them... Instead, they called me, as I was preparing to have everything lined out. Conveniently cool.

It was the 3rd of the 3 clinics I had been anticipating hearing from.

Unfortunately, the better the Docs/clinics are, and the more the backlog from COVID, the longer a person might wait to see them.

The good news was that they CAN see me via a Telehealth or Zoom type mtg., despite our acknowledging shortcomings that may have to be addressed elsewise, such as if their Doc(s) want more scans. (*If scans were oxygen, my blood would be saturated right about now. I figure I've had over $10,000 just in scans of one variety or another in the last couple months).

The bad news was that their person (the Doc who will do my consult) cannot meet with me until the middle of the 1st week of February. (Patience and immediate gratification seem to have had a head-on collision in my life once more... But we're moving forward).

AND, for the 2nd time, the names I cleared through my network, and who I'd asked the referrals to be sent to, were not the names of Docs I'm seeing at 2 of the 3 facilities. Another learning moment; just because you chose a Doc for consult who resides at the top of their tree of medical esteem, doesn't mean that's the Doc you'll get for your consult, and MAYBE not the Doc you'll get for treatment, but they have plenty of competent Docs, apparently, sufficient in numbers to eventually gather up any and all information they need to clarify options, positive aspects, and negative aspects, and then... procedure.

So there it is. I'll rinse the broccoli sprouts one more time, park the car from the town trip, finish my avocado and CBD flowers, knock out the remaining 2 languishing chores from this fall, and continue groveling to my mothers.. begging 'negligent grower forgiveness.'

And yes, I completed everything I went to town to complete..... Now for the described chores.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Otis Taylor with Anne Harris on violin/viola, and a young impressive guitarist, Taylor Scott, doing one of the most amazing covers of 'Hey Joe', made infamous by Hendrix, at the Kitchener, Ontario Blues Festival in Canada.

These are very fine persons, in my experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ghxckWVzkI

----------------------------------------------------------------

Otis Taylor w/ Keb Mo'

'Ten Million Slaves'

My banjo tune of the decade, made more widely known by the Johnny Depp film, 'Public Enemies.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF9fiDy_kSo

Last edited:
Hi, just stumbled across this thread , I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 12 years ago at age 50. PSA was 9.9 . Biopsy was positive for cancer, Gleason was 3+3-6. I reluctantly signed up for surgery, then put it off when a bone scan revealed lesions which they could not explain. I determined to try to heal naturally, and have been on and off the vegan wagon since. My PSa is currently 47.3 down from 55, I went on a 35 day fruit only fast just before Thanksgiving. Couldn't find the time to read through all 37 pages, but wanted to say hi. If you have never read it, find a copy of "Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy" by Dirk Benedict (actor on the old A-Team tv show). He was diagnosed with PC at age 30, sounds way worse than mine, pissing blood and clots, and he's still alive today at age 80, with a functioning prostate. He did it with diet, fasting and meditation.

G

Hi, just stumbled across this thread , I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 12 years ago at age 50. PSA was 9.9 . Biopsy was positive for cancer, Gleason was 3+3-6. I reluctantly signed up for surgery, then put it off when a bone scan revealed lesions which they could not explain. I determined to try to heal naturally, and have been on and off the vegan wagon since. My PSa is currently 47.3 down from 55, I went on a 35 day fruit only fast just before Thanksgiving. Couldn't find the time to read through all 37 pages, but wanted to say hi. If you have never read it, find a copy of "Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy" by Dirk Benedict (actor on the old A-Team tv show). He was diagnosed with PC at age 30, sounds way worse than mine, pissing blood and clots, and he's still alive today at age 80, with a functioning prostate. He did it with diet, fasting and meditation.

Very cool!! The PSA #s read as a bit daunting, but you're here. And sounds as though you're making improvements.

I find that a 100% shift to vegan diet is something I fudge at, so reading your post re. the significance you placed on it is good for me to see.

Welcome to this melancholy-of-late group. Though a lot of the thread is a monologue by me, there's a number of others here who chime in and have also had success treating prostate cancer.

Few of us wake up one day and say, "Hey, I think I want to read a bunch of stuff about cancer.", so the education (in my opinion) tends to happen with a rather steep learning curve, and shared information from old hats, for those who seek it.

When I told my primary Doc in September that I was capable of pulling down the A1C from an all-time high to more than respectable numbers, with no additional pharmacology, and strict dietary discipline, it looked as though she wanted to roll her eyes. But she refrained, I assume out of professionalism and/or courtesy.

And some of that tendency in the medical world (I think) is natural; they get hit with every half-baked scheme under the sun, often lacking anything remotely approaching effective, often something that has most scratching their heads or concealing a grin.

But when I had the labs done a few weeks back (??), I got an emphatic call from her PA/assistant (?), telling me, "Dr. XXXXXXX says what ever you're doing, keep doing it."

So while we're making believers of ourselves where non-conventional tx is concerned (and not everyone benefits from some of these things), we also have an opportunity to attract the attention of our Docs and their profession, in letting them know, even if only anecdotally, that this stuff works for some people.

The more of them consider that, the fewer of them maybe will be willing to refuse treatment to folks who are simultaneously engaged in alternative tx.

Thanks for the report. All good news is welcome, and even the horrid tales are helpful, as they're part of what we're/I'm dealing with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GkdCiqsFUI&list=RDK4AA9yYN7HY&index=13

G

I am going to attempt to link to something I penned with the intention of helping men newly diagnosed. https://prostatecancer.net/stories/routine-physical-part-one/

Thanks, shovelhead.

I assume by your moniker that you ride, or used to?

I had a couple of Electraglides, both 80 cu. inch Evo series, a year apart from each other (both the same models; FLHS) and before those, a bunch of others through the years. Lots of cross-country miles and memories. Mostly Japanese, but at least one British, and a French moped, too.

Thanks for the link. I'll give it a read shortly.

I just got out of bed, so am working backward a little bit; trying (literally) to get out of bed in time for the morning dose of meds and supplements, so that I don't have to wait up until midnight to take the afternoon/evening pills.

I knew last night's 'dose' of THC flowers was a little bit more than I've been consuming, but I had gotten to staring at the clock until the wee hours, too.

With the slightly increased dose, I was sleeping more quickly, but still staring at the clock until after 3:00 A.M., when I relocated to the couch in the living room.

Another day. Medical bills that are here will all get done today.

MY younger son continues to tell me he thinks I am going to beat this. I encourage him for encouraging me, but also don't want him to have the feelings I had when I was half his age, of the Universe cheating him on a heavy deal, and harboring any resentment that poisons his outlook, so I also continue to try and temper his optimism with some amount of the reality that this is all mostly unknown at this time..

Trying, I guess, as an Agnostic dad, who once challenged 'God' when I was relatively young, about life and important persons, that I don't know if there is a Supreme Deity or not, but that it seems to be many a person's beliefs who DO believe in such entities, that if the Cosmos burns you, or God fails to intervene when Nature hands you a shitty hand, it may not always be personal.

Anyway, thanks again, and welcome aboard.

And yeah, we've referenced it a few times, but there are numerous types of prostate cancers; some are like the tortoise, some are like the hare, and what we know from that parable is that what's going to win out, and when, is sometimes a bit of a surprise.

G

Thanks, buzz.

I appreciate Lyle Lovett a lot. Still have that cassette here, form the earlier 1990s, when I was working in mental health. It was a fine tune then, and still is.

I still dial up his music on occasion. The memorial or tribute show they did on Austin City Limits, for Townes Van Zandt, had about a half-dozen or more well-known folks doing Townes' tunes, and Lyle Lovett and Steve Earle are on there, doing what has come to be my unofficial COVID-19 tune that I'll drop here. Both versions. Townes', and the tribute with Steve Earle and Lyle Lovett.
-----------------------------------
Townes V Z

'Lungs'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtExSE2oOZs
-----------------------------------
ACL

Lyle Lovett & Steve Earle

TVZ tribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Tm9fMUWe8

-------------------------------------

Edit: Figured this needed to be here, if the other 2 were.

The entire ACL TVZ tribute show, with Nanci Griffith, Guy Clark, Steve Earle, Lyle Lovett, Willie Nelson, and others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc32Z424DCc

G

I am going to attempt to link to something I penned with the intention of helping men newly diagnosed. https://prostatecancer.net/stories/routine-physical-part-one/

Hey again.

We read through all 3 parts.

I thought, when we were finished, "Shit!! I could've written that."
Sounded that familiar in a number of ways, though with some distinct differences..

Yes, the ignorance or lack of knowledge of our bodies, health, etc., having specialists we look to when we don't know enough, and we place our trust in the hands of persons who may or may not really be invested in their work, and whom we often have never even met before, as they will be apt to be paid either way; whether we live or die.

In speaking with an intake person at one of the premier clinics the other day, I told him, "You know; I have a slightly better idea of what a woman with an unwanted pregnancy might feel like; there's this growth I don't want, it's taking resources from within, and there's not a fucking thing I can immediately do about it, to get it gone."

He replied it was the first time he'd heard that analogy, but that he thought it quite appropriate, aside from my stating that I loved my kids a fair bit more than I love my tumors. A WHOLE lot more, even with the heart-break of late with the 2 older ones.

Yeah, the poor fellow in the article linked to, reminded me of the sense that Murphy is one callous bastard; seemingly going out of His way when the odds are already stacked, to amp up the number of stressors. Like a test of sorts, to see where the breaking point might be.

Anyway, thanks again. I signed up for the forums there at the site you linked to sh.

I'm a little behind for what I had mapped out for chores today, so I'm taking a break, then back to it... in hopes of not becoming so behind as I recently was.

G

Finished paying the $2,000+ in medical bills that had cluttered my desk for a bit. Found one double-billing for a bill I had paid over a month and a half ago. My wife's checking the statements to be sure as to whether the hospital had cashed the first one or not.

I've found making a notebook/3-ring binder, with sections for insurance statements, and a section for healthcare providers, or at least bills for specific services or types of services, and the book needs to be kept in chronological order, so when bills or explanations of benefits come in, a quick methodical search of that booklet will tell a patient if it's legit or it needs to be paid.

I can't or won't claim the doubling of billing is always a mark of dishonesty, but again, clinics and hospitals are hurting from COVID,. from when they dropped addressing of most medical requests, to focus on the more severe needs and guard against transmission.

I'll phone the bank tomorrow, and see if they have any ideas yet, and if they don't have any further info on this, then I guess I'll grovel heavily to see if they'll waive the cancellation fee for the (apparently missing) check.

----------------------------------------------

Meant to double back around re. my reply to your last post, shovelhead.

I noted you went on a lengthy (month long?) fruit fast. I wasn't sure of you meant you avoided fruit, or ate nothing but.

If you meant the latter, and not the former, then that gets into something i wrote about a while ago; the ins and outs of trying to adapt to a new diet, abruptly, with sometimes-conflicting or competing dietary needs.

For an example, I have type II diabetes, and typically (not always, but typically) manage that quite well, with diet and activity. COVID put a stake in the heart of a minor amount of activity, and we remained active on more isolated terms.

The immediate de[pression that often accompanies the dx phase and for a while later, certainly has the capacity to cut into activity, but it's also a good opportunity for the body to psychologically adjust to the Cosmos flipping persons the bird, as well as the immune system to recharge, and get a bit healthier for the fish ahead. (Though I admit to having toyed with the question as to whether both cancer cells and normal cells grow more with adequate sleep. Still don't have anything approaching an answer yet, though).

Anyway, all of that said, Dr. Fuhrman's/Fuhrmann's advice for a healthy cancer-aware diet is very similar on the surface to some of what your article stated; a focus on beans/legumes, grains, nuts, oats, etc., with a minor presence of bulkier carbs, like potatoes, etc., and LOTS of veggies, nuts, and fruits, with the nuts, veggies and fruits being consumed at about 50% raw and 50% cooked..

All's well and good, not too difficult to achieve, saves money on groceries, improves health for the average body etc., right up until the conflicts between the cancer diet and diabetes diet come into play.

So for me, and I suspect others who have this sort of dietary tight-rope to contend with, some juggling takes place in choosing what feeds my cancer that I can get rid of, with out taking away from my other dietary needs.

I try to limit them, but these days I occasionally eat ONE organic, Turkish dried apricots, unsulfured. Supposed to be good for the liver, reduced introduction of sulfur, compared to the bright orange chemically uncool 'cots). But that's as much carb as I'll consume at any given time.

Same for dried legumes, such as black turtle beans, kidney beans, split peas, etc. I can make them in a variety of dishes that are healthy, and can include brown rice for a complete protein, but I have to watch the portion size, or I screw myself in other ways.

As I wrote months ago, it seems, in a way, it can seem like a form of penance for past lifestyle excesses, but it also reaffirms the body's ability to bounce back in resilience if given a chance... and the number of times the body is asked to do this doesn't exceed the body's ability to oblige the demands.

I've eaten my decarboxylated CBD flowers hours ago, then a while after that, I ate my decarbed THC flowers, so I'm going to go and lay down for a while, after I phone someone I promised I would call them back, catch a brief nap, seal up the bulk CBD flowers and THC flowers that aren't yet decarbed and put them into the freezer once sealed, then try to make up lost ground from the poor time and energy management of earlier in the day.

Life; a long exercise lasting most of a century for most of us, during which we repeatedly try to teach ourselves a more pervasive way of self-discipline, but instead, often end up quitting in humility.

Yes I'm an old biker from way back, the 1980 FLH is in pieces in the garage, it had 62000 on the clock and the speedo had been broken for a dozen years, so it is/was time for a refit.My current ride is a 2000 Moto Guzzi California, also have an 84 650 Guzzi I'm trying to fit a sidecar to and a 75 Guzzi 850T project.
Fruit fast, I timed it to end on Thanksgiving, it was a mono fruit fast, meaning I ate a single type of fruit only. The first 18 days were grapes only,fresh from the local Finger Lakes growers. When the grapes ran out, I switched to apples only. Ate just over a pound of grapes a day. I had been reading lately pf "frugivores" or raw foodists who claim all disease can be cured by an all raw/all fruit diet.I went from 170 to 142, but put weight back on quickly. I'm not sure such a diet is for me, especially during winter in NY. My argument is against eating South African oranges and Peruvian grapes, with all the chemicals used to ripen/preserve them in the dead of winter. The fast was prefaced by 6 months of strict vegan eating, so I had already lost 5o or so pounds.

I absolutely believe that our cancers are caused by our excessive lifestyles. When we consume more than the body can use, it is stored, either for future use or waste disposal. As our excess consumption continues, the boy begins to store excess on places low on the list of organs necessary for daily survival. The older we get, the body figures reproductive system isn't getting much use, lets store it in the breasts, or uterus, or prostate. It's an accumulation of our dietary sins. Can it be reversed,can the body heal itself if left to its own devices? Maybe. In any event, that 6 or 7 month blast of healthy eating lowered my PSA 10 percent. I've been mostly cruising since Thanksgiving, I promised the wife she'd have turkey when we started back in May, when it looked like we weren't going to die from the virus. Incidentally, the wife is Type 2 also. She has managed to beat it back and is curretly off any diabetic meds, although these 2 months of cheating are having a negative effect on her numbers.

Time to go walk the dog,,,,,

G

Well, it seems the glitches in double-post-ville got me again. Both posts erased instead of the one.. again... Hmmm.

Anyone else feeling like Forrest Gump on occasion?

I decided... no, there was no conscious decision, so we'll start over here.....

Upon my wife's opening of the Spanish sparkling wine she'd purchased for New Years' (there, that's a more honest telling), at some point, after the first glass, (it's almost always some where past the 1st glass, btw) I decided to get a bit tipsy, full-well -knowing-, consciously, in the more sober, and better reinforced part of my brain, that this is counter-productive to whipping 'invasive adenocarcinoma,' but, none the less, I engaged in more common human pet tricks or antics..... I consciously agreed to finish that bottle with my wife....

I wish someone would create a more visible barrier between what we know to not be healthy, and our actions. But tonight, I am glad they have not.. Guilt sucks. Were it not for guilt being our primary communication between conscience and action, I would say, "Ban that shit!!"

Maybe I was born & raised Catholic?

Anyway, here I am, a cancer ridden pot head, resorting to alcohol and, if life gets any more serious, religion or hallucinogens. This seems to be a make-or-break moment?

My daughter says she's doing her best to be a decent human being (I think we have some different standards, and definitely dictionaries), Trump claims to have won the election, and my cancer is smugly calling the shots.

Yep, Murphy and Alfred E Newman are running the world.

I'd ask if 2021 can be much worse, but I'm typically leery of daring or provoking fate.. these days..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW_Ai2jgZGE

Last edited:
Did the same, it's called being alive and celebrating it. I made sure there were only 6 beers in the house. But I hurt the Irish whiskey. That's all Tesve been on a break from super healthy eating, and have actually eaten meat a dozen or so time since Thanksgiving. But the New Year is a good time to resolve to do better.

Both my younger brother and my uncle have been diagnosed with prostate cancer since my dx. My brother at age 58, chose radiation and hormone therapy. He says he isn't all that happy, has destroyed his sex drive and performance. Testosterone levels undetectable. PSA zero though. Treatment was 2 years ago. My uncle at age 76 had his PSA rise from 2.5 to 3 and had his removed. That was 4 years ago. He says "I'm impotent and incontinent, but I'm cancer free."

Tomorrow I am converting all my bud, trim, and roaches to oil. Going to quit smoking pot until my next harvest, 60 or so days away. I haven't gone a day without smoking pot in 50 years. Hoping to buy some oil online if anyone knows a reputable source I'd appreciate it.

G

Did the same, it's called being alive and celebrating it. I made sure there were only 6 beers in the house. But I hurt the Irish whiskey. That's all Tesve been on a break from super healthy eating, and have actually eaten meat a dozen or so time since Thanksgiving. But the New Year is a good time to resolve to do better.

Both my younger brother and my uncle have been diagnosed with prostate cancer since my dx. My brother at age 58, chose radiation and hormone therapy. He says he isn't all that happy, has destroyed his sex drive and performance. Testosterone levels undetectable. PSA zero though. Treatment was 2 years ago. My uncle at age 76 had his PSA rise from 2.5 to 3 and had his removed. That was 4 years ago. He says "I'm impotent and incontinent, but I'm cancer free."

Tomorrow I am converting all my bud, trim, and roaches to oil. Going to quit smoking pot until my next harvest, 60 or so days away. I haven't gone a day without smoking pot in 50 years. Hoping to buy some oil online if anyone knows a reputable source I'd appreciate it.

Neither of your family members' outcomes sound too encouraging, but we know those cases and results exist.

Do either of them really regret acting on their conditions? If so, have they said they'd do anything different?

Edit: Do you know if they spent much time shopping for different treatment methods and/or Docs?

--------------------------------------

I'm still trying to get my schedule and Ma' nature's schedule in synch with each other, where extract is concerned. Who knows when that might be?

-------------------------------------

Up MUCH earlier today than recently.

Still have some (inflammation? Sense of pressure?) to prostate and general surrounding area, but what was most alarming was waking up from a dream, feeling like I was suffocating, with VERY low humidity in the house at the moment.

I headed to the restroom, cupped my hands, and sort of half-way snorted tap water, trying to do something to expand my O2 intake.

On my way back to bed, realized more fully I'd had a vivid dream, in which half of my face was swollen like a melon, one eye was swollen shut, and I'd felt like I was suffocating..

Still coming down off the (mild to moderate) panicked feeling of pressured or insufficient breathing. I can't say I've ever had THAT dream before, nor the experience of panicked breathing. That sucked hugely.

That, coupled with a serious difficulty getting warm last night, had me asking my wife to check my temp, and yet n additional consideration of COVID.

------------------------------------------

Re. the wine, or almost anything else alcohol-related, most days lately, I'll typically have 4-5 oz. (just over half of a medium-small wine glass) x 1. Last night I had 2-1/2 smaller champagne glasses, and that was plenty.

I read that beer was a negative for cancer, and already knew it had more carbohydrates, where diabetes is concerned. Tequila came up as more or less neutral (though the liver and kidney protested that conclusion), and red wine, at least in a couple of articles, in amounts similar to what I drink, was described as beneficial in general... That more or less defined my return to red wine. And away from good dark craft beers, which I really like, but not as much as other aspects of living.

----------------------------Anyway, I'm on to medical filings, and then see if I can make up for the early rising with another mini-nap.

Who knows? Maybe this coming summer, if this life of leisure continues, I may have to put in a shuffle board area, and maybe some horse shoes!! :D

Last edited:
G

I can't help with any reputable THC extract sources, but I can shoot you a PM re. accessing CBD flower and extract (*I opted for CBD flowers, in bulk, as I can eventually do extraction myself once the weather decides I ought to, and I can decarb and chew them until I can do the solvents outside.

PM will be headed out shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts