X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OkThen View Post
    Hey moose,
    Great news!!
    What i understand is that combined therapy greatly increases curative outcome. I am approaching four years since initial diagnosis.
    Blessings

Thanks, OK.

If I were to be left with no other interpretive analysis but for non-verbal communication, I would guess that my Anchorage urologist is more skeptical re. the broccoli sprouts, sulforaphane, and cannabis extracts, but is willing to try and arrest his grin when I make an effort to discuss them as a part of my course of action in addressing this.

I have to admit that the "1:3 odds" doesn't excite the bejeesus out of me. But then I think back on the outcome at the Alamo, too, and know they had much steeper odds.. Of course, I believe they lost.. So there is -that-..

Anyway, like I said, it seems my odds of staying alive through Monday are pretty darned good... for now... But that depends on my not going outside, and maybe hiding in the basement, too, so we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by moose eater View Post
      We've abandoned the treating of the skin tag with topically-applied heat-pressed resin. It was not having the anticipated effect(s), though we might go back to such an effort if we are able to decarb the heat pressed resin more thoroughly.

In theory, heat-pressed resin is a whole plant 'extract' that simply is limited to resin flowing under pressure, rather than a result of a solvent or carrier, so, theoretically, it ought to have similar beneficial properties.

More on that later, with a possible trying of it again, if I'm able to decarb the resin in a satisfactory manner..

For now, the resin in reference will get dabbed in an oil pipe or dab rig. Last night, several stout tokes from the oil pipe and a bit of butter that was slightly larger in total mass than what I'd been recently ingesting, had me waking up dizzy, mildly disoriented, mildly nauseous, and with considerably greater effect than I might typically seek for recreational purposes. In short, I was downright fucked up. Seriously.

So, I'll continue ingesting a bit of the ghee-based canna butter at bed time, until I am able to decarb and extract something more balanced and better measured.

Time to get busy on the plants, transplanting, and studying the presence of any more flyers in there. Found 1 last night, but not sure if it was a gnat or a thrip, or ???

Set for Spinosad and Azamax, as well as other items, but my dehydrated Gnatrol WDG is older, and likely needs replaced. Only one outlet I know on-line of that breaks down smaller volumes of Gnatrol WDG and sells them that way, avoiding purchasing the outrageous-in-volume 5-gallon bucket of the stuff, but they want fed Ex rates to Alaska...

So....

Suppository molds are here now, as is the 5-ply stainless 6-qt sauce and stock pot. Waiting on the CBD material, the IR heat gun/thermometer, the induction cook-top unit, cacao butter wafers/chips, and the 12-1/2 qt. counter-top electric 12-function pressure cooker. I can begin getting this stuff put together when those things arrive..
      get some sticky spider traps and place on top of the soil/medium next to the stem.

You could grab some nematodes. pot poppers go along way. Too bad they shutdown sm90.
      LostTribe

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121

Comment

Are you cooking the broccoli sprouts or just eating them after they sprout like a salad?
        LostTribe

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121

Comment

Originally posted by LostTribe View Post
          get some sticky spider traps and place on top of the soil/medium next to the stem.

You could grab some nematodes. pot poppers go along way. Too bad they shutdown sm90.
          Don't know what sm90 is.

So far the bugs look to be declining; there weren't that many of them to start with, and the lag between the larvae and flyers is such that if you see 1 or 2 of each, days apart from each other, then I'm assuming the ones were a tiny number of survivors for the stage of life the insecticide came in at.

For now they seem controlled.

Comment

Originally posted by LostTribe View Post
            Are you cooking the broccoli sprouts or just eating them after they sprout like a salad?
            I try to eat the broccoli sprouts in quantity of 2-4 ounces at a time, and uncooked.

Healthline says to make sure to chew them thoroughly, and that ground yellow mustard powder helps to activate the sulforaphane.

The Doc whose literature I've primarily looked at (Dr. Fuhrman) advocates for the bulk of diet to be (nutrient dense) vegetables/whole plant products, and for half of those to be raw and half to be cooked. I'm guessing that more raw veggies would be better than a 50:50 split.

So for now I'm a broccoli sprout eating kinda' guy.

Thanks for inquiring, as well as for the pest pointers.

Take care.

Comment

I'm not saying you have a bad doctor moose but you know almost every doctor out there is gonna dismiss natural cures and diet over pills.and you know that eating broccoli sprouts isn't gonna cause a change over night.keep at it.you never know,it just might help.couldnt hurt right?
              I AM THE LIQUOR!
              MASTER OF SHITPUPPETS
              the only difference between me and you is a couple of drinks

Comment

Originally posted by shithawk420 View Post
                I'm not saying you have a bad doctor moose but you know almost every doctor out there is gonna dismiss natural cures and diet over pills.and you know that eating broccoli sprouts isn't gonna cause a change over night.keep at it.you never know,it just might help.couldnt hurt right?
                Seems like right at the moment, I have enough Docs to start a small personal collection of the buggers, hawk. And at the moment, reading people fairly well as a matter of life-long survival, I'm not getting the warm-fuzzies from any of them, as far as being convinced they are seriously invested in my well-being.

I mean, frankly, the medical field is one of those rare beasts that prospers from fucking up; the more they screw up, the more I have to take a different approach, the more money they make.

I'm not saying they would screw up on purpose, or not care at all, re. the quality of their services, but I get the distinct sense that none of them are quite as invested in helping me in finding my way through this quagmire maze as I am... which I guess makes a bit of sense.

So, no, at this time I have greater sense of faith in the broccoli sprouts than I do in the 2 primary Docs offering me plan A or plan B. They get paid either way, whether I curl up into a fetal position and shrivel up to die, or whether I go on to thrive, they get their cash either way. There's something -drastically- wrong with that approach to medicine.

I think I'd be much more in favor of a system that says, "You failed to help your patient make the best choice(s) possible? FINE!! No yachts, no aircraft, no mansions, no sportscars, no clean coca, no $1,000/night hookers, -and- you get to eat oatmeal and wear ashen sack-cloth for every dinner party you're invited to for the next 8 years."

Think there'd be a bit of a change in how medicine is practiced in this Country??

And that's another beef of mine today!! You've had X number of years of residency, how many years of formal medical school after your college or university education, WHY ARE YOU STILL PRACTICING??! After THAT MANY YEARS of education and, theoretically, knowledge, isn't 'PRACTICE' sort of an under-achiever's niche??

There. I'm glad I got THAT out of my system.

Seems there are a LOT more factors involved now than my biopsy merely saying that tumors were only found on the one side. Turns out that Johns-Hopkins plotted a course for almost 5,100 prostate cancer cases, tracking the spread of cancer from the prostate to other organs, and the path is calculable...

I loathe guessing games where the stakes are serious. And it seems that there's going to be guessing games in these choices, no matter what...

So given the absence of certainty in the choices I have to make, and make them soon, I'm hoping one of the Docs I'm dealing with is able to convince me during the next exchanges of time and information, that they actually care about this case to the same degree the amount of money being billed indicates they OUGHT to care...

Or... maybe I need to start showing up at those parties they attend, and asking some publicly pointed questions about the Hippocratic Oath, investment in careers, versus egos and prestige, and see if they appear any more concerned with the way things are flowing.

I found YEARS ago that a 'scorched earth' approach to life can be a source of self-inflicted harm, as a matter of policy, but it gets folks' attention more readily than other more passive means.

Or, maybe I need to look at the NW Pacific Coast again, and some place like Swedish Hospital outside Seattle. I'm betting there's folks there who are able to at least act more interested than a couple Docs I know of here, when they're receiving $tens of thousands of dollars for their services.

That's my gripe session for the evening. Time for a puff now, then chores in a bit.
                Last edited by moose eater; 11-07-2020, 08:56.

Comment

The other cherry on the proverbial sundae today, and not something I was unaware of, but....

It seems that next week, our pitiful smoke-and-mirrors health insurance plan, the ACA, is going to be argued in front of the SCOTUS next week, if I heard correctly.

While the ACA mostly benefitted the the health insurance industry in the US, as well as pharmaceutical companies, and private-not-for-profit hospitals and clinics that used to not get paid very often by indigent patients, the ACA is what I and MANY other folks in the US have for primary health insurance. It's shit, but it's real.

I'm about $1,000 to $1,500 away from maximum out-of-pocket expenses for the calendar year of 2020. Whether simply pursuing surgery on the cancer (not a great idea at this point, considering the likelihood of the cancer having extended itself beyond the prostate, whether visible or not), or engaging in a longer term radiation and/or chemo approach.

The health insurance I and my younger son have costs a total of just under $23,000/year in premiums, but the treatment in question, if it runs long-term (and it likely will), can be well over $1.5 million by the time the course is coming to an end.

I know, absolutely, I am not going to bankrupt my family, which is a line in the sand I've set forth with them before.

So now it's not just a race between the cancer and the Docs, as well as my attitude, but it's also now a race between the SCOTUS, some sort of national health plan, and the probability that the ACA is about to get torpedoed pretty seriously... in a fairly short while.

I feel myself becoming a bit grumpy...

Comment

Too young for medicare, eh? Bummer. I had no idea the ACA was so expensive.Kaiser Silver medicare supplement is excellent and runs $225 per month on top of the $90 for the medicare A and B
                    So ya need to hang on and get gracefully older. That's what the RSO is for.
                    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
                    - Mark Twain

"Plants do things for a reason, they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny." -Weedhound
                    R.I.P

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom. -Francis Bacon

A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation. -Moliere

You're behaving as if there is no hope. Someone musta told you you were hopeless and you believed them! That's it, isn't it? What you believe about yrself rests on a pile of someone else's shit! - Teddybrae

Comment

Originally posted by moose eater View Post
                      I've done some searching on the forums, as well as Google, and another forum member sent some articles and links via PM.

I've read the Harvard Medical material re. preliminary outcomes, with promising possibilities, including shrinkage of tumors in the prostate, as well as inhibiting growth of arteries within prostate tumors, slowed growth, and what was referenced as 'cell suicide', as a result of (specifically) 2 different cannabinoids.

What I want to know is (assuming persons may be willing to be open about theirs, or someone else's experiences, with no bullshit or exaggeration, as this is IMPORTANT), has anyone at ICMag, or known to members @ ICMag, used a combination of CBD, THC, and some form of less destructive conventional treatment for prostate cancer, and whipped it, including retaining their ability to function sexually, and not wear a diaper for the rest of their lives?

The person in question is not confirmed to have cancer yet, but some of the indicators are present. They have follow-up treatment scheduled, and are anxious re. outcomes if they are confirmed to have cancer.

They've been on the planet for a good long while, and they are uncertain of options if what they believe to be occurring is accurate.

So again, has anyone happily and successfully whipped prostate cancer, retaining their function re. sexual activity and bladder control, post op/post procedure, with or without CBD/THC.

Lastly, has anyone treating such things used CBD or THC extract both as an oral remedy, as well as suppository? I'm not being a smart-ass. I'm asking questions that I didn't immediately find answers for on-line.

Thanks in advance.
                      just got proscribed FLOWMAX...ahhh...garden hose is back
                      Seedsman The White OG grow...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=371388

Seedsman Blue Ice OG Feminized grow

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=371314

Chemwalker..and other crosses using Chem 91 skva..
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=341865

Genesis 1:29 (KJV)
                      29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Matthew 28:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
                      18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Comment

@me - the thing i notice about doctors is, most are not very healthy (yes, i am judgmental, but when i see their adult gut, i know what they are eating, and it isn't healthy) ...

the other thing about my docs is they get a bit dismissive if i mention reading articles in Wikipedia ... but how else can i learn the vocabulary. of course, i read a fuck ton of medical websites these days - i think it is the only way to spot the bullshit. MedPageToday thinks i'm a doctor. lol.

i have tried to explore cannabis with them without success - at least they are libertarian and don't object. maybe they just don't/can't talk about it. RSO is my first line of treatment.

my medical study this year (since February) has been cardiac/atherosclerosis (not me, spouse) - watched at least 100 hours (so far) of YT nutrition and lipid and cardiac videos. as an engineer, i am blown away by how the cellular mechanisms operate. i love the internet for this - there are some very fine quality resources.

at 72, i am betting my life on what i have learned, plus continuing the last 38 years of aerobics (feed the mitochondria O2!!!)

so far, so good.

best of luck, friend ... i think about you ... sending you good wishes and strength vibes.
                        Bud Toaster, Model 15 version 1 --> The Herbal Cube, Model 15 version 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Weezard View Post
                          Too young for medicare, eh? Bummer. I had no idea the ACA was so expensive.Kaiser Silver medicare supplement is excellent and runs $225 per month on top of the $90 for the medicare A and B
                          So ya need to hang on and get gracefully older. That's what the RSO is for.
                          Yep, there's a number of ironies afoot at the moment.

If I live to be 65, my wife will see a significant reduction in or property taxes, but if I reach 65, get the reduction, then croak, she will see her taxes go back up to the rather stout level they're at currently.

And yes, even with MediCare each of us will require $250 to $360/month (x2) for the add-ons and deductibles that MediCare doesn't cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtwMMqRihx0

"They get you comin', and they get you goin'...."

The radiological Doc at least doubled my survivability numbers, saying he would give me 2:3 odds of being cancer-free in 5 years, and almost 2:3 of being cancer-free in 10 years.

I'm holding out for a better offer...
                          Last edited by moose eater; 11-07-2020, 22:25.

Comment

Originally posted by BudToaster View Post
                            @me - the thing i notice about doctors is, most are not very healthy (yes, i am judgmental, but when i see their adult gut, i know what they are eating, and it isn't healthy) ...

the other thing about my docs is they get a bit dismissive if i mention reading articles in Wikipedia ... but how else can i learn the vocabulary. of course, i read a fuck ton of medical websites these days - i think it is the only way to spot the bullshit. MedPageToday thinks i'm a doctor. lol.

i have tried to explore cannabis with them without success - at least they are libertarian and don't object. maybe they just don't/can't talk about it. RSO is my first line of treatment.

my medical study this year (since February) has been cardiac/atherosclerosis (not me, spouse) - watched at least 100 hours (so far) of YT nutrition and lipid and cardiac videos. as an engineer, i am blown away by how the cellular mechanisms operate. i love the internet for this - there are some very fine quality resources.

at 72, i am betting my life on what i have learned, plus continuing the last 38 years of aerobics (feed the mitochondria O2!!!)

so far, so good.

best of luck, friend ... i think about you ... sending you good wishes and strength vibes.
                            Thanks.

There's LOTS of information available on the web to learn from. One of the more frustrating issues is either the information being too limited, or being explained in terms that go over my head.

So this morning's recreational reading activities included contrasting positive and negative aspects of each treatment option.

But I knew I'd slunk to the bottom of the hope barrel when I put ketchup over the broccoli sprouts I topped my fried potatoes with. I knew there was no going back after that.

In all seriousness, I've felt like the Docs I met with re. specific treatment options have been chomping at the bit for me to say, "Give me THAT one!!" without my having the in-depth knowledge or level of comfort with the choices.

So I may continue meeting with Docs until I find one who acts and sounds like they actually have an interest in the whole shitterree, worthy of receiving the sizable amount of money the insurance company has chiseled them into accepting..

I looked at Swedish Hospital and U of W Medical Center over the years, for both spine surgery options, and last year, for prostate issues (more so with Swedish Hospital/Clinic).

Maybe part of turning the tables on the buggers could involve a bidding war for their services?

Comment

My friend had it a few years back. He went up to Bloomington In. They used a proton accelerator. No side effects o issues still
                              Kindness is Not Canceled

Comment

Originally posted by Rodehazrd View Post
                                My friend had it a few years back. He went up to Bloomington In. They used a proton accelerator. No side effects o issues still
                                Thanks.

Not familiar with the device or procedure you referenced.

I'm planning to phone Swedish Hospital on Monday, near Seattle, to see what their schedule and take on things is, and to call my primary care Doc on Monday A.M. as well, to have a sit-down with her, and express my less-than-confident take on the reactions or perceived degree of investment I'm seeing from the radiological oncologist, or the oncologist surgeon.

I also need to speak with all of them about what the game plan is if/when the SCOTUS sinks the ACA, and I and 50 million other folks in the Country (or more) find themselves without any medical insurance protections for themselves or their families.

I figure waiting for that shoe to drop, and scrambling after the fact, is not the way I want to do this thing.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=I1...MVMI1SQR4FnRoc

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=ji...MVMI1SQR4FnRoc

Note Eric Clapton singing along off-stage with Ms. Tedeschi & her Band, and Bill Murray laughing, grinning, and shaking his head in apparent amazement with the Tedeschi-Trucks Band's very up-beat and energized version of Clapton's 'Any Day'... A tune that exudes hope in every lick. Yes sir...

Comment

Working...
                                X