• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OkThen View Post
    I had a link to a good how-to for citric acid decab but it went 404,
    I found this it's pretty similar:

https://maryhelentestkitchen.blogspo...-acid.html?m=1

I have done a partial heat decarb before blending, gonna give it a go without the heat, my past experience it takes 5-7 days at room temp. As I stated earlier, gotta watch the moisture content before putting in caps

Gotta give credit where credit is due, GRY turned me on to this method. Thanks!!!

One post I saw stated adding the citric acid to alcohol used for extraction, this method also took about 9 days to decarb, might be worth doing a test run.

Have Fun!
    Thanks, OK.

Yes, Gry has easily given as much help as he's received.

Thanks for the link(s).

I'll come back and peruse later today, as I'm now eating lunch and it's after 5:00 P.M. (same where you are, it occurred to me... )

So, I'm off to finish unloading the vehicle, write some necessary correspondence I'm not looking forward to (found bill in my mail, addressed to my estranged older son; gonna' ask him about self-absorption and having the gall to land a bill addressed to him, in MY f'ing box!!! Maybe it's his version of 'breaking the ice'?)

Anyway, take care, and thanks again.

Comment

Hmmm. Interesting.
      Gotta wonder about the size of a THC citrate salt molecule. Not really a decarb. it replaces the carbonic acid salt with a citric acid salt. Could be a problem for oral use?

Anyroad, it got me looking around. Found this;

https://www.analyticalcannabis.com/a...uechers-290198
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
      - Mark Twain

"Plants do things for a reason, they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny." -Weedhound
      R.I.P

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom. -Francis Bacon

A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation. -Moliere

You're behaving as if there is no hope. Someone musta told you you were hopeless and you believed them! That's it, isn't it? What you believe about yrself rests on a pile of someone else's shit! - Teddybrae

Comment

Originally posted by Weezard View Post
        Hmmm. Interesting.
        Gotta wonder about the size of a THC citrate salt molecule. Not really a decarb. it replaces the carbonic acid salt with a citric acid salt. Could be a problem for oral use?

Anyroad, it got me looking around. Found this;

https://www.analyticalcannabis.com/a...uechers-290198
        Can you put that information into laymen's terms; maybe the link didn't open correctly for me, but what I did find, again, unless I missed something, was way beyond my understanding.

The deficiencies of a non-science guy, trying to understand science; I should have challenged myself more in school than I did. Seriously...

Thanks Weezard

Comment

Originally posted by moose eater View Post
          Can you put that information into laymen's terms; maybe the link didn't open correctly for me, but what I did find, again, unless I missed something, was way beyond my understanding.

The deficiencies of a non-science guy, trying to understand science; I should have challenged myself more in school than I did. Seriously...

Thanks Weezard

Never too late to learn.
          You do have to know enough to tell good advice from not so good, yah?

I can answer questions on electronic, computers, basic physics and some chemistry.

Cannabis husbandry?

Well, I'm with you on that. My beginner's luck has endured.

Luck? Required.

Got two black thumbs so I science the shit out of it and trust my luck.

Been 50 years now and I'm just starting to know a bit about this incredible plant.
          As you can imagine I have been researching Prostate cancer since 2006. Can send you hundreds of links.
          Thing is, they were of little use to me. Some of the trials are interesting, but nothing else I've found so far is as effective as RSO.

So, onward! into the fog.

Wee
          "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
          - Mark Twain

"Plants do things for a reason, they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny." -Weedhound
          R.I.P

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom. -Francis Bacon

A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation. -Moliere

You're behaving as if there is no hope. Someone musta told you you were hopeless and you believed them! That's it, isn't it? What you believe about yrself rests on a pile of someone else's shit! - Teddybrae

Comment

Originally posted by Weezard View Post
            Never too late to learn.
            You do have to know enough to tell good advice from not so good, yah?

I can answer questions on electronic, computers, basic physics and some chemistry.

Cannabis husbandry?

Well, I'm with you on that. My beginner's luck has endured.

Luck? Required.

Got two black thumbs so I science the shit out of it and trust my luck.

Been 50 years now and I'm just starting to know a bit about this incredible plant.
            As you can imagine I have been researching Prostate cancer since 2006. Can send you hundreds of links.
            Thing is, they were of little use to me. Some of the trials are interesting, but nothing else I've found so far is as effective as RSO.

So, onward! into the fog.

Wee
            Thanks Weez.

Yep, at this juncture, I have to try and be on the correct course, as I can't afford to spend any time going down dead-end rabbit holes.

I do tend to ask a LOT of questions to that end. Don't always get them answered well, but I continue to ask them anyway.

-------------------------------------

I asked at the shop the clones came from, re. their pest control, and there was a reason for that.

I've never brought home clones from a shop's harem before, and KNOW from others' misfortune that they are often infested with a variety of critters that are not welcome in my relatively clean shop..

Well.. <long pause, telling as to results>, last evening, after placing the 3 Blue Dream clones into a mother cupboard, indeed there was evidence of flyers (need to trap some to say definitively if they are thrips or fungus gnats, but those are my 1st 2 guesses for the flyers), but also a critter I've never seen before in MY house (*I believe I've seen it in some of my pest books), looking like a smaller shiny centipede of sorts. Silver fish?? Maybe 3/4" long, fast-moving, and definitely stream-lined 'pede' type of critter.

So, not like I have plenty of other alligators to wrestle here, but last night I got out the Spinosad for the foliage/foliar spray, and I hesitate to acknowledge what I dosed ALL plants with for a drench solution, other than to say it is plant-based, and among the heavier artillery where such things are concerned.

So now I've treated all of my long-time girls, as well as the new-to-me Blue Dream specimens. There must be a new Country Western tune in all of this; maybe something along the lines of Commander Cody's 'Down t Seeds and Stems Again Blues??

Debated calling the shop in reference and telling them that their shit's got beasties in it, and that having to treat medically-related plants straight out of the gate with such salvos is not my idea of a friendly or neighborly gesture, but, I don't even have any idea if they'd give a fuck, versus saying (possibly disingenuously) "Thanks for letting us know. We'll get right on it. And good luck to you."

Because in the midst of battling health concerns, we should ALL take a detour into the abyss of "Did I kill that unwanted pest yet?"

Good thing I have a significant stash of yellow sticky cards to do a census on the various vermin. And a good thing that earlier this year, I restocked my pest control department..

Never a dull moment...

"And so it goes..."

Comment

Hit up a couple local retail shops via telephone, looking for something even approaching a 1:1 ratio of CBD:THC oil in a syringe, capsules, or what ever, and, not too surprisingly, the markets are mostly dedicated to demand items relative to 'getting stoned.' Again, not too surprising.

Put in a call to Lazaurus Naturals, two times, and each time the Customer Service line went to a voice mail, and the message states they will call back. So I'm waiting. Something I sometimes do poorly, in some specific cases.

Been treating the skin tag with the heat-pressed resin, and my wife believes it is looking "a bit deflated."

I'm hoping for a determination of, "Morbidly deader than shit."

But we'll continue going with that, and if I die in a fire, I recommend that folks at least do nose-hits off my burning shoulder blade.... **I try not to let anything go to waste.

Comment

It was certainly not my intention to misdirect or send folks down the proverbial rabbit hole, but to share what has been helpful to me. I have been walking through over three years of life with a diagnosis of stage four kidney cancer, have been treated three different chemo drugs and about a year of immunotherapy. The last six months of a targeted chemo med has shown promise with significant reduction in the number cancerous lesions and more than halved the size of the last two that remain. I do not know if my ingestion of cannabis has any effect on the cancer, but certainly has made the side effects of chemo more manageable.
                Eat More Weed!

Comment

It was certainly not my intention to misdirect or send folks down the proverbial rabbit hole, but to share what has been helpful to me. I have been walking through over three years of life with a diagnosis of stage four kidney cancer, have been treated three different chemo drugs and about a year of immunotherapy. The last six months of a targeted chemo med has shown promise with significant reduction in the number cancerous lesions and more than halved the size of the last two that remain. I do not know if my ingestion of cannabis has any effect on the cancer, but certainly has made the side effects of chemo more manageable.
                  Thanks OK.

And I meant no insult in my choice of words.

We all go with what we know, or think, until it's replaced with something else.

I appreciate any and all input, as well as the scrutiny applied by others in vetting that input. That's how many of us learn.

I hope you weren't offended or hurt in any of this discourse, and please, continue adding to the discussion.

Comment

m.e.
                    No offence taken. My understanding is that you are open to any input, but I apologize if I took you off task, nuff said
                    Blessings to you and yours.
                    Eat More Weed!

Comment

Found out I had cancer when a kidney went septic on me
                      after a tumor had killed it in 2002. Told me after the
                      surgery, that the cancer (clear cell) had "escaped the margins".
                      That which matters most

Comment

Originally posted by Gry View Post
                        Found out I had cancer when a kidney went septic on me
                        after a tumor had killed it in 2002. Told me after the
                        surgery, that the cancer (clear cell) had "escaped the margins".
                        The modern health care industry has such wonderful euphemisms.

I thought only old school typewriters "escaped margins."

Did you ask if they were capable of recapturing it, and putting it back in its cage/margins?

Comment

m.e.
                          No offence taken. My understanding is that you are open to any input, but I apologize if I took you off task, nuff said
                          Blessings to you and yours.
                          My thinking is that if there's a way to achieve what I need to achieve, with fewer hurdles, then I'm ABSOLUTELY all ears/eyes.

My ability to screen valid from suspicious information is hindered by my own lack of education in this and other areas.

And my ability to learn, and even more so, retain new and/or complex information, is not getting batter with either maladies or aging.
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Saw a fairly serious wreck on the way home this evening, following some of my final errands and supply-gathering for this effort.

Looked like dark elongated images laying on the ice and snow in the highway, with the road temporarily closed for the mishap.

Lots of police/Trooper and fire equipment/personnel present, along with 2 ambulances arriving after I got there. Both ambulances left with their lights off, telling me that either the injury/injuries were marginal, or the corpse(s) was/were in no rush to get any place.

Thought for a moment that maybe one vehicle looked like my older son's that he'd gotten from me; it was not.

The issues with the current diagnosis, and reminders all around re. the temporary and fragile nature of life, seem to come together in thought streams too often. And my patience is shorter for it all.

It's all a natural part of the life cycle, but I'd hope we have greater control over when we get on this merry-go-round, and when we exit, and the quality of the ride in between.

But then, I've hoped for a lot of shit over the years..
                          Last edited by moose eater; 10-29-2020, 00:51.

Comment

I had a link to a good how-to for citric acid decab but it went 404,
                            I found this it's pretty similar:
                            https://cannapedia.me/citric-acid-extraction/

The original write up was written by badkittysmiles, this is the same content.

A wonderful gift to us all.

https://maryhelentestkitchen.blogspo...-acid.html?m=1

I have done a partial heat decarb before blending, gonna give it a go without the heat, my past experience it takes 5-7 days at room temp. As I stated earlier, gotta watch the moisture content before putting in caps

Gotta give credit where credit is due, GRY turned me on to this method. Thanks!!!

One post I saw stated adding the citric acid to alcohol used for extraction, this method also took about 9 days to decarb, might be worth doing a test run.

Have Fun!
                            Not sure what happened to the original entry, seemed to have pulled it down for a while. More recently, a new one is up in it's place:
                            https://cannapedia.me/citric-acid-extraction/
                            That which matters most

Comment

Originally posted by moose eater View Post

Well.. <long pause, telling as to results>, last evening, after placing the 3 Blue Dream clones into a mother cupboard, indeed there was evidence of flyers (need to trap some to say definitively if they are thrips or fungus gnats, but those are my 1st 2 guesses for the flyers), but also a critter I've never seen before in MY house (*I believe I've seen it in some of my pest books), looking like a smaller shiny centipede of sorts. Silver fish?? Maybe 3/4" long, fast-moving, and definitely stream-lined 'pede' type of critter.

"And so it goes..."
                              Your description of "a smaller shiny centipede of sorts" sounds like a symphylan. It is not a friend.
                              Garden Symphylans

The fliers are most likely going to be fungus gnats or root aphids. Fungus gnats are easier to control.

A tip of the hat to Mr. Vonnegut
                              “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
                              Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

^^^ Symphylans in Raised Garden Bed
                                Time 2 Go. This place is a mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X