What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone 'cured' prostate cancer with....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostTribe

Premium user
I'd also mention again to re read the thread in my signature. GW has posted most of all this related info in there even some on the suppositories if I recall correctly.

Best
LT

G

I'd also mention again to re read the thread in my signature. GW has posted most of all this related info in there even some on the suppositories if I recall correctly.

Best
LT

Thanks.

Yes, I reviewed some of that the other evening, and will be going back in there again soon.

Thanks again.

G

We've abandoned the treating of the skin tag with topically-applied heat-pressed resin. It was not having the anticipated effect(s), though we might go back to such an effort if we are able to decarb the heat pressed resin more thoroughly.

In theory, heat-pressed resin is a whole plant 'extract' that simply is limited to resin flowing under pressure, rather than a result of a solvent or carrier, so, theoretically, it ought to have similar beneficial properties.

More on that later, with a possible trying of it again, if I'm able to decarb the resin in a satisfactory manner..

For now, the resin in reference will get dabbed in an oil pipe or dab rig. Last night, several stout tokes from the oil pipe and a bit of butter that was slightly larger in total mass than what I'd been recently ingesting, had me waking up dizzy, mildly disoriented, mildly nauseous, and with considerably greater effect than I might typically seek for recreational purposes. In short, I was downright fucked up. Seriously.

So, I'll continue ingesting a bit of the ghee-based canna butter at bed time, until I am able to decarb and extract something more balanced and better measured.

Time to get busy on the plants, transplanting, and studying the presence of any more flyers in there. Found 1 last night, but not sure if it was a gnat or a thrip, or ???

Set for Spinosad and Azamax, as well as other items, but my dehydrated Gnatrol WDG is older, and likely needs replaced. Only one outlet I know on-line of that breaks down smaller volumes of Gnatrol WDG and sells them that way, avoiding purchasing the outrageous-in-volume 5-gallon bucket of the stuff, but they want fed Ex rates to Alaska...

So....

Suppository molds are here now, as is the 5-ply stainless 6-qt sauce and stock pot. Waiting on the CBD material, the IR heat gun/thermometer, the induction cook-top unit, cacao butter wafers/chips, and the 12-1/2 qt. counter-top electric 12-function pressure cooker. I can begin getting this stuff put together when those things arrive..

G

Had my conference call with my local urologist.

With the exception of one area of 'maybe' on the bone scan, it doesn't -appear- at this time that there is any spread, though I need to get disc of the CT scan sent over to the radiologist who is reviewing the bone scan in contrast to the CT scan, to see if they perceive something noteworthy there.

So at this time, I don't have a definitive answer re. other presence of cancer(s), but things are looking fairly good... for now.

Still waiting on the materials and tools to arrive, and getting my shop in order to produce what I will need it to produce for a while to come.

So, another lesson in waiting...

G

Began eating the broccoli sprouts today, with the target of ingestion being the sulforaphane the sprouts are reported to be steeped with.

The sprouts are not an unpleasant taste, really. They have a bit of the 'bite' of radish or mustard sprouts, maybe that of cabbage, too.

I suspect that some of the radish sprouts, maybe a smattering of the yellow mustard powder sprinkled over the broccoli sprouts to assist in both flavor and activating the sulforaphane, and perhaps a garlic-laden spoonful of organic hummus to pile on tops of some low-carb cracker or similar.

Shouldn't take too much creativity to come up with a method for making those sprouts really tasty.

Not weighing them yet, to see how close I'm coming to the desired 2 to 6 ounces/day of the things, but as of this evening, I've grabbed a pinch of the things out of one of the several jars we now have filling with the things, and suspect that with the moisture in the sprouts, I'm likely getting really close to my targeted weight for daily ingestion.

We're having to keep 3 to 4 jars filled with sprouting broccoli, as they take longer to reach maturity than I had initially thought, and they will take time to fill the void in the qt. jars.

I may end up looking around for sprouting strainer lids for the 1-gallon size jars we have here, providing I leave enough 1-gallon jars to wash the trim and flowers for making the extracts.

Maybe as the unknowns get cleared away, I can get some of my energy back, toward getting some of the tasks completed... both relative to the projects outlined herein, and others..

This whole thing is tiring.

G

One step at a time is progress. :grouphug:

Yep.

12.5 qt electric pressure canner is supposed to be at the post office now. Induction cook top seems to be MIA, but another couple days might change that.

And the IR heat gun/thermometer ought to be here today, as well.

Getting closer to time for getting all of this into a form I can ingest more properly.

Maybe later this week or so.

CT scan disc is being reviewed by the fellow who reviewed the bone scan, to discern whether or not a particular shadow on the bone scan is something to be concerned with. Ought to know more on that in a day. Maybe today, even.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsKLnYVHvFs&list=RDGKu0QHYNtNI&index=4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVOstw9eKdE&list=RDGKu0QHYNtNI&index=5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i__DSP9d3BU&list=RDGKu0QHYNtNI&index=36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2p5QIWmic0&list=RDGKu0QHYNtNI&index=40

G

That's a good playlist.

Thanks, buzz.

I met with my urology Doc from Anchorage today, via a sort of Zoom meeting, but by another platform/org.

They're still trying to communicate with each of the players in this issue, to clarify re. the nuclear bone scan radiologist trying to rule out what may be metastasizing in the pelvic bone's back-side.. Still not sure yet, and thus, still waiting.

Short of that, I asked him to tell me, in 400 words or less, everything he knows about my situation involving invasive adenocarcinoma... He replied, "You have it."

I told him he still had 397 words remining to be used..

He looked at something he referred to as a CAPRA score, and told me that I have a 1:3 chance of testing as cancer free in 5 years. IOW, a 33% chance of this being OK, five years out.

MY wife, ever the optimist, chimed in with the factoid that I had technically anticipated exiting the planet at age 42, so, technically, I'm 19 years in on a gravy run.

We agreed (my wife and I) that if I don't leave the house today, avoid motor vehicles and their operators altogether for the next couple days, and watch my meat & beer intake, I have a very good chance of being here next Monday, too. :D

It's all a matter of perspective, I guess. :biglaugh:

So, it was during this optimistic reframing of perspective, that I engaged in trying to find a local stash of 99.8% isopropyl alcohol for when my Ever Clear runs out in the midst of what is most likely to morph into a bulk extraction process.

Seems that Murphy ad COVID have other plans, so I'll be back into the 'begging for Ever Clear favors' mode soon enough, unless someone known to me, and philanthropic in their disposition, knocks over a medical lab supplies warehouse, and happens to divert several gallons of the solvent in reference in my direction.

I figure I'm already pushing my luck with the 1:3 odds for 5 years from now. The fact that I do numbers fairly accurately and well in my head, with no calculator, and that 5 years is some where near 1800 days, was not lost on me... A bit of a different perspective.

The induction cook top is here now (*I'm waiting on a family member to bring it home from town), the 12.5 qt. electric pressure canner is here now, as are the cacao butter chips, and all I need at this point is the IR heat gun, which ought to be here tomorrow or so.

And for the broccoli sprouts to slow down a bit.... I think I'm turning a bit more green than I used to be. :good:

OkThen

Hey moose,
Great news!!
What i understand is that combined therapy greatly increases curative outcome. I am approaching four years since initial diagnosis.
Blessings

G

Hey moose,
Great news!!
What i understand is that combined therapy greatly increases curative outcome. I am approaching four years since initial diagnosis.
Blessings

Thanks, OK.

If I were to be left with no other interpretive analysis but for non-verbal communication, I would guess that my Anchorage urologist is more skeptical re. the broccoli sprouts, sulforaphane, and cannabis extracts, but is willing to try and arrest his grin when I make an effort to discuss them as a part of my course of action in addressing this.

I have to admit that the "1:3 odds" doesn't excite the bejeesus out of me. But then I think back on the outcome at the Alamo, too, and know they had much steeper odds.. Of course, I believe they lost.. So there is -that-..

Anyway, like I said, it seems my odds of staying alive through Monday are pretty darned good... for now... But that depends on my not going outside, and maybe hiding in the basement, too, so we'll see. :D

LostTribe

Premium user
We've abandoned the treating of the skin tag with topically-applied heat-pressed resin. It was not having the anticipated effect(s), though we might go back to such an effort if we are able to decarb the heat pressed resin more thoroughly.

In theory, heat-pressed resin is a whole plant 'extract' that simply is limited to resin flowing under pressure, rather than a result of a solvent or carrier, so, theoretically, it ought to have similar beneficial properties.

More on that later, with a possible trying of it again, if I'm able to decarb the resin in a satisfactory manner..

For now, the resin in reference will get dabbed in an oil pipe or dab rig. Last night, several stout tokes from the oil pipe and a bit of butter that was slightly larger in total mass than what I'd been recently ingesting, had me waking up dizzy, mildly disoriented, mildly nauseous, and with considerably greater effect than I might typically seek for recreational purposes. In short, I was downright fucked up. Seriously.

So, I'll continue ingesting a bit of the ghee-based canna butter at bed time, until I am able to decarb and extract something more balanced and better measured.

Time to get busy on the plants, transplanting, and studying the presence of any more flyers in there. Found 1 last night, but not sure if it was a gnat or a thrip, or ???

Set for Spinosad and Azamax, as well as other items, but my dehydrated Gnatrol WDG is older, and likely needs replaced. Only one outlet I know on-line of that breaks down smaller volumes of Gnatrol WDG and sells them that way, avoiding purchasing the outrageous-in-volume 5-gallon bucket of the stuff, but they want fed Ex rates to Alaska...

So....

Suppository molds are here now, as is the 5-ply stainless 6-qt sauce and stock pot. Waiting on the CBD material, the IR heat gun/thermometer, the induction cook-top unit, cacao butter wafers/chips, and the 12-1/2 qt. counter-top electric 12-function pressure cooker. I can begin getting this stuff put together when those things arrive..

get some sticky spider traps and place on top of the soil/medium next to the stem.

You could grab some nematodes. pot poppers go along way. Too bad they shutdown sm90.

LostTribe

Premium user
Are you cooking the broccoli sprouts or just eating them after they sprout like a salad?

G

get some sticky spider traps and place on top of the soil/medium next to the stem.

You could grab some nematodes. pot poppers go along way. Too bad they shutdown sm90.

Don't know what sm90 is.

So far the bugs look to be declining; there weren't that many of them to start with, and the lag between the larvae and flyers is such that if you see 1 or 2 of each, days apart from each other, then I'm assuming the ones were a tiny number of survivors for the stage of life the insecticide came in at.

For now they seem controlled.

G

Are you cooking the broccoli sprouts or just eating them after they sprout like a salad?

I try to eat the broccoli sprouts in quantity of 2-4 ounces at a time, and uncooked.

Healthline says to make sure to chew them thoroughly, and that ground yellow mustard powder helps to activate the sulforaphane.

The Doc whose literature I've primarily looked at (Dr. Fuhrman) advocates for the bulk of diet to be (nutrient dense) vegetables/whole plant products, and for half of those to be raw and half to be cooked. I'm guessing that more raw veggies would be better than a 50:50 split.

So for now I'm a broccoli sprout eating kinda' guy.

Thanks for inquiring, as well as for the pest pointers.

Take care.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm not saying you have a bad doctor moose but you know almost every doctor out there is gonna dismiss natural cures and diet over pills.and you know that eating broccoli sprouts isn't gonna cause a change over night.keep at it.you never know,it just might help.couldnt hurt right?

G

I'm not saying you have a bad doctor moose but you know almost every doctor out there is gonna dismiss natural cures and diet over pills.and you know that eating broccoli sprouts isn't gonna cause a change over night.keep at it.you never know,it just might help.couldnt hurt right?

Seems like right at the moment, I have enough Docs to start a small personal collection of the buggers, hawk. And at the moment, reading people fairly well as a matter of life-long survival, I'm not getting the warm-fuzzies from any of them, as far as being convinced they are seriously invested in my well-being.

I mean, frankly, the medical field is one of those rare beasts that prospers from fucking up; the more they screw up, the more I have to take a different approach, the more money they make.

I'm not saying they would screw up on purpose, or not care at all, re. the quality of their services, but I get the distinct sense that none of them are quite as invested in helping me in finding my way through this quagmire maze as I am... which I guess makes a bit of sense.

So, no, at this time I have greater sense of faith in the broccoli sprouts than I do in the 2 primary Docs offering me plan A or plan B. They get paid either way, whether I curl up into a fetal position and shrivel up to die, or whether I go on to thrive, they get their cash either way. There's something -drastically- wrong with that approach to medicine.

I think I'd be much more in favor of a system that says, "You failed to help your patient make the best choice(s) possible? FINE!! No yachts, no aircraft, no mansions, no sportscars, no clean coca, no $1,000/night hookers, -and- you get to eat oatmeal and wear ashen sack-cloth for every dinner party you're invited to for the next 8 years."

Think there'd be a bit of a change in how medicine is practiced in this Country??

And that's another beef of mine today!! You've had X number of years of residency, how many years of formal medical school after your college or university education, WHY ARE YOU STILL PRACTICING??! After THAT MANY YEARS of education and, theoretically, knowledge, isn't 'PRACTICE' sort of an under-achiever's niche??

There. I'm glad I got THAT out of my system.

Seems there are a LOT more factors involved now than my biopsy merely saying that tumors were only found on the one side. Turns out that Johns-Hopkins plotted a course for almost 5,100 prostate cancer cases, tracking the spread of cancer from the prostate to other organs, and the path is calculable...

I loathe guessing games where the stakes are serious. And it seems that there's going to be guessing games in these choices, no matter what...

So given the absence of certainty in the choices I have to make, and make them soon, I'm hoping one of the Docs I'm dealing with is able to convince me during the next exchanges of time and information, that they actually care about this case to the same degree the amount of money being billed indicates they OUGHT to care...

Or... maybe I need to start showing up at those parties they attend, and asking some publicly pointed questions about the Hippocratic Oath, investment in careers, versus egos and prestige, and see if they appear any more concerned with the way things are flowing.

I found YEARS ago that a 'scorched earth' approach to life can be a source of self-inflicted harm, as a matter of policy, but it gets folks' attention more readily than other more passive means.

Or, maybe I need to look at the NW Pacific Coast again, and some place like Swedish Hospital outside Seattle. I'm betting there's folks there who are able to at least act more interested than a couple Docs I know of here, when they're receiving $tens of thousands of dollars for their services.

That's my gripe session for the evening. Time for a puff now, then chores in a bit.

Last edited:
G

The other cherry on the proverbial sundae today, and not something I was unaware of, but....

It seems that next week, our pitiful smoke-and-mirrors health insurance plan, the ACA, is going to be argued in front of the SCOTUS next week, if I heard correctly.

While the ACA mostly benefitted the the health insurance industry in the US, as well as pharmaceutical companies, and private-not-for-profit hospitals and clinics that used to not get paid very often by indigent patients, the ACA is what I and MANY other folks in the US have for primary health insurance. It's shit, but it's real.

I'm about $1,000 to $1,500 away from maximum out-of-pocket expenses for the calendar year of 2020. Whether simply pursuing surgery on the cancer (not a great idea at this point, considering the likelihood of the cancer having extended itself beyond the prostate, whether visible or not), or engaging in a longer term radiation and/or chemo approach.

The health insurance I and my younger son have costs a total of just under $23,000/year in premiums, but the treatment in question, if it runs long-term (and it likely will), can be well over $1.5 million by the time the course is coming to an end.

I know, absolutely, I am not going to bankrupt my family, which is a line in the sand I've set forth with them before.

So now it's not just a race between the cancer and the Docs, as well as my attitude, but it's also now a race between the SCOTUS, some sort of national health plan, and the probability that the ACA is about to get torpedoed pretty seriously... in a fairly short while.

I feel myself becoming a bit grumpy...

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Too young for medicare, eh? Bummer. I had no idea the ACA was so expensive.Kaiser Silver medicare supplement is excellent and runs $225 per month on top of the $90 for the medicare A and B
So ya need to hang on and get gracefully older. That's what the RSO is for. :)

Medfinder

Chemon 91
I've done some searching on the forums, as well as Google, and another forum member sent some articles and links via PM.

I've read the Harvard Medical material re. preliminary outcomes, with promising possibilities, including shrinkage of tumors in the prostate, as well as inhibiting growth of arteries within prostate tumors, slowed growth, and what was referenced as 'cell suicide', as a result of (specifically) 2 different cannabinoids.

What I want to know is (assuming persons may be willing to be open about theirs, or someone else's experiences, with no bullshit or exaggeration, as this is IMPORTANT), has anyone at ICMag, or known to members @ ICMag, used a combination of CBD, THC, and some form of less destructive conventional treatment for prostate cancer, and whipped it, including retaining their ability to function sexually, and not wear a diaper for the rest of their lives?

The person in question is not confirmed to have cancer yet, but some of the indicators are present. They have follow-up treatment scheduled, and are anxious re. outcomes if they are confirmed to have cancer.

They've been on the planet for a good long while, and they are uncertain of options if what they believe to be occurring is accurate.

So again, has anyone happily and successfully whipped prostate cancer, retaining their function re. sexual activity and bladder control, post op/post procedure, with or without CBD/THC.

Lastly, has anyone treating such things used CBD or THC extract both as an oral remedy, as well as suppository? I'm not being a smart-ass. I'm asking questions that I didn't immediately find answers for on-line.

Thanks in advance.

just got proscribed FLOWMAX...ahhh...garden hose is back

Status
Not open for further replies.