Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had it removed Aug 2018. Doctor told me he got every fucking cell.
    Checked last week.......no cancer.
    I will take it!!!!!
    And remember kids, always use Grandma's Molasses at 1 teaspoon per gallon for your last few waterings, you'll be glad you did......check on ebay for Grandma's, I found a couple there.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...light=molasses

Home distilled water: Check on ebay for countertop distillers.

Insects got you down? Try HOTSHOT No Pest Strips (NPS). Say goodbye to spider mites, etc.

$20 Hash Press http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=47524

How to transplant stress free: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...94#post1500194

Need durable Plant Markers? Cut an old venetian blind to your size and label with a Sharpie!

Overgrow the world

*****ANYBODY for President *****

The only WOODSTOCK I saw was the WOODSTOCK of my M-14 rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by shithawk420 View Post
      I've got regular pot pollinated by what I believe to be feral hemp.i really wish I could find out what the cbd profile is.maybe those seeds aren't as useless as I thought.of coarse if anyone wants to find out you guys are more than welcome.i got thousands of seeds.ive been so out of it I can't remember much what I researched.i thought most pot had .5 percent of CBD.its been awhile.im trying to get back into it
      There are CBD-specific strains, 'hawk. Some with THC at respectable levels, like the Blue Dream and Aloha strains, and some with nearly straight/exclusively CBD.

But how it's grown, where it's grown (contaminated soils? Heavy metals in feed or water? Etc., etc.) matters, too.

In a perfect world I would either find some high-CBD to extract from, and match dose for dose what I have in high THC extract, or find/cultivate something like the Aloha, Blue Dream, etc.

My Hoosier grandmother, long since dead, used to state and restate that old adage about "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."

There's what I've got, and what I wish I had, and then what I might be able to do in between the 2, with some effort. But I'll HAVE to get my wind back to get everything done that I need to.

Back in 1975, we traveled from Lower Michigan to Rensalaer Indiana, not too far from you, to the corn fields there in Jasper County. There'd been -hundreds- of acres of hemp grown there as a part of the 'Hemp for Victory' effort during WWII. LOTS of wild hemp there remained after the war, and the birds would routinely spread the seeds. It was accepted that 1:100 plants would have some form of recessive status and decent THC content, but they were few and far between.

The Gov. had earlier tried to burn it out, bulldoze it, poison it, and what ever else... It's a fairly hearty weed, and it failed to take their efforts seriously, continuing to spread..

Got popped there at age 15, but went hack later, a bit smarter, and we were more successful.. at least at the harvesting part.. Later got busted with 1.5 lbs. of it, after drying it in the attic, and drawing too much attention to the house, as a result of other activities.

Yep, lots of wild hemp not far from your place.

Comment

Originally posted by gladysvjubb View Post
        Had it removed Aug 2018. Doctor told me he got every fucking cell.
        Checked last week.......no cancer.
        I will take it!!!!!
        Good to read!! I was recently told that the success rates are much better now than they were 30-50 years ago, but some folks still draw a joker. Glad yours is working out. Keep an eye on it.

Comment

Doc has all of my imaging results (CT scan and bone scans), but wants to schedule any follow-up meeting a week out. Not going to assume there's good, bad or neutral meanings or interpretations in that decision; just that I'm one of many persons, standing in line for another serving of oatmeal, and will have to wait my turn.

Comedy added, my spine surgeon's people called back, after a slip-up at my primary care Doc's office resulted in them not getting the referral I'd requested about a month ago, and initially I'd decided against furthering any imaging or other furtherance of services or research into leg, back, neck, & shoulder, issues, in light of the recent cancer diagnosis.

Then, while I was on-hold, I decided, "What the hell. The ACA's probably going o get hit by a large SCOTUS torpedo sometime in the near future, so the best I can hope for is to get as much stuff done before my deductible and max-out-of-pocket start over the first of 2021, or the ACA goes up in flames..

My wife lives focused on the issues of the moment, and I count beans and watch the dominos well down the highway and into the next year, noting where we are now, and the path between here & now, and later.. But I was raised and lived a whole different set of stressors than she did, so my PTSD stuff has me looking at the periphery at all times, and trying to assess, naturally, without any added effort, all of the 'what ifs' that tend to linger around corners and in shadows.. Never sit with your back to any doors.

I guess in that regard, I'm often the informal 'risk assessment and prevention' guy in the house; natural experiential training, and all..

So, I guess I'm getting on my way again, toward being the '$6 million dollar man', making as much of this happen as can be done, before the ACA sinks into the ocean.

Today is town run day; Blue Dream clones, if any still exist, health food store for the list previously written up for that stop, bolts for the utility trailer's stakes, mail, my wife's newly arrived P100 mask, and who knows what else.

Just under 4 inches of new snow on the ground; at least the roads won't be quite as slick as they were with a glazing of ice, and the previous 1-1/2 inches blown off the surfaces by previous traffic and wind. Small favors are cool.

Comment

Originally posted by moose eater View Post
            Small favors are cool.
            They add up. They are also precious and come at times when needed most. You will see more as you go along.
            “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
            Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

sorry to learn i was correct in my assumption, as if that helps at this point.
              but glad to see you've returned to ICMag facing the wind.
              hope you can get things straightened out before insurance quits, having to pay those fees and bills gets more than expensive, i know, took me a couple years to extract myself from debt that the insurance wouldn't pay...now have medicare...shrug.
              just happened upon this thread again when i saw you'd returned and was curious how you were handling it.
              great words of your son and your relationship, never were better sentiments expressed and you know he holds you in high regard. blessings.
              i'll keep you and yours in prayers.
              "when i run outta weed, i smoke match sticks...
              that first hit is FIRE!!!"

"I'm not always a dick...but when I am, I drink cheap beer".

Comment

Hey me
                Two things to consider:
                You may be able to get some insight on your neck issue when you get the results of the CT scan, usually the interpreter talks about what's going on with mine in the assessment, You may want to share the scan with your neurosurgeon. I can get a CD burned with the scan from radiology, not that I can interpret it :^). You can ask for the paper copy of the assessment too when you see the oncologist..

I have been getting CBD products from Lazaurus Naturals out of Portland. They offer a 60% discount for those military, serious medical conditions and those in need. I have been impressed by there willingness to help out, along with free shipping. I believe the quality of their products is very good. They publish lab results on their site for every batch produced. Check out the RSO oil.

Blessings
                Eat More Weed!

Comment

Originally posted by buzzmobile View Post
                  They add up. They are also precious and come at times when needed most. You will see more as you go along.
                  Yep, sometimes try explicitly to not let them slip by, but sometimes fail to verbalize appreciation for them. Otherwise folks might think I'm less grateful than I am.

Snow must've come down right at freezing temp, as it's stuck to all the vehicles like plaster of Paris. The snow blower will have to wait until this stuff gets chilled enough to not turn the blower's chute into a Playdough factory press.

Comment

Originally posted by trichrider View Post
                    sorry to learn i was correct in my assumption, as if that helps at this point.
                    but glad to see you've returned to ICMag facing the wind.
                    hope you can get things straightened out before insurance quits, having to pay those fees and bills gets more than expensive, i know, took me a couple years to extract myself from debt that the insurance wouldn't pay...now have medicare...shrug.
                    just happened upon this thread again when i saw you'd returned and was curious how you were handling it.
                    great words of your son and your relationship, never were better sentiments expressed and you know he holds you in high regard. blessings.
                    i'll keep you and yours in prayers.
                    Thanks Trich, sincerely.

"When life looks like easy street, there's danger at your door..." (GD, Uncle John's Band)

My youngest son is a major blessing. There's bene times his much older siblings have referred to him as spoiled, or what ever, but the fact is that he has worked for every single thing he has, and despite the 'waves' of hackles raised that sometimes come with the individuation process (pretty common for adolescents to believe they need conflict to separate), he gets reigned in, and resumes his path toward being a really decent human being.

He's seen my reactions and actions re. his siblings' bullshit, and knows I don't fuck around, and that where right and wrong are concerned, I'm absolutely not a major subscriber to the whole 'blood is thicker than water' mantra. DNA doesn't have a bit to do with what a person does or doesn't so, where right and wrong, or in between are concerned.

BTW, TWO easy-peasy, significantly less expensive tests said I was 'EXTREMELY LOW RISK' for prostate cancer, but I knew how and why those tests were flawed. Put it off, none the less, until my amazing primary care Doc got frustrated, and told me to "either do something about it, or stop asking for the test!!" (I laughed for multiple reasons; she's a sweetheart of a Doc, was clearly upset by the rising PSAs, AND, she apparently failed to realize the PSA test is an automatic part of a blood panel I routinely buy/receive through a private non-profit for a set price.. Not sure they could've separated that test out if I'd begged them to, frankly..

Anyway, the vehicle's idling, and I need to reply to OKThen before I head out into the snow.

Take care, and thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by OkThen View Post
                      Hey me
                      Two things to consider:
                      You may be able to get some insight on your neck issue when you get the results of the CT scan, usually the interpreter talks about what's going on with mine in the assessment, You may want to share the scan with your neurosurgeon. I can get a CD burned with the scan from radiology, not that I can interpret it :^). You can ask for the paper copy of the assessment too when you see the oncologist..

I have been getting CBD products from Lazaurus Naturals out of Portland. They offer a 60% discount for those military, serious medical conditions and those in need. I have been impressed by there willingness to help out, along with free shipping. I believe the quality of their products is very good. They publish lab results on their site for every batch produced. Check out the RSO oil.

Blessings
                      Thanks for the CBD source reference, OK. I'll give them a peek.

Any postings re. lab results for their products?

Re. the CT Scan, the images I'm getting results from currently are abdominal and pelvic ONLY at this time, due to the cancer being detected in the prostate. So they're simply looking in the general vicinity, as if it came TO the prostate, or from the prostate, it ought to be detectable in that general region, if present at all.

The nuclear bone scan(s) are the whole body, including head shots. (lots of persons have indicated an interest in seeing imaging of my head over the years; I figure this is their and my opportunity to answer those pressing trivial questions).

Thanks for the tips. And after speaking with another, I'd like to communicate either in this thread, or PM (once I get my PM access back in a couple days or so) to talk about your Vitamin C and acids addition to raw flower in capsules, as a method of quasi-decarbing.

Seems you may be onto something...

Thanks again, and take care.

Comment

I can give another recommendation for Lazarus Naturals.
                        “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
                        Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

Originally posted by moose eater View Post
                          I should know more early this week, as to what I'm dealing with exactly.

But my PSA scores were going up by 2 points, not .2, but a whole round 2 points, every blood draw.

When I'm dealing with serious shit, whether butchering a moose, filling the freezer, etc., or dealing with medical stuff, I typically get the "Get er' done NOW!!" hair up my butt.

I don't want any of this to take up residence and establish any stronger sense of squatters' rights than it already has. Still waiting to see if there are other deposits or foot-holds in the body, and that might also up any sense of urgency.

So I'll probably push ahead and try to seek out immediate sources for balanced THC/CBD flowers or extracts, until I can get some of the Blue Dream in the works.

I looked at 'clean and reputable' sources for CBD extracts/oil, and for a decent daily dose of the stuff, form the sources I was looking at, it was $200 to $300/month, unless I was not calculating correctly.

That was where the 'arm and leg' comment came from.

Chong's oil costs me ~$40 per month.
                          I'll be looking into Lazarus Naturals of course.
                          "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
                          - Mark Twain

"Plants do things for a reason, they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny." -Weedhound
                          R.I.P

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom. -Francis Bacon

A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation. -Moliere

You're behaving as if there is no hope. Someone musta told you you were hopeless and you believed them! That's it, isn't it? What you believe about yrself rests on a pile of someone else's shit! - Teddybrae

Comment

Originally posted by Weezard View Post
                            Chong's oil costs me ~$40 per month.
                            I'll be looking into Lazarus Naturals of course.
                            Thanks.

I looked at Charlotte's Webb and a few other of the 'top rated' for testing, etc., and anticipated a daily dose of about 180 mg of actual CBD content.... intending to match about that much in mg of THC extract.

Unless I was figuring incorrectly, I was coming up with the $200 to $300/month cost, which is outa' the ball park for 'reasonable'.

The Blue Dream clones are now home, and in need of larger pots. So I can procrastinate re. re-mixing my now-needing-corrected ~35 to 40 gallons of soilless mix from last winter/spring.

By the time I got to the shop, they only had 3 remaining, so I couldn't get the discount, and they let me join a 'club' in order to get 10% off. Still almost $10 each more than they would've been, if they'd have had 6 available... Oh well. Another day, another dollar that won't come back 'til it makes the rounds.

Turned out my calcium (likely both from my hard-as-hell well water, as well as the increased Ca in the mix, to include gypsum), was involved in binding my phosphorous, so for the older mix, I'm going to add some substantial amounts of additional P, as well as Boron/Borax, and dilute what's already there with additional Pro mix, adding more volcanic pumice, and some of the micro-nutes/salts, to make up for the dilution of the original with the Pro Mix.

Backing up and diluting to spec, while trying to re-attain some sort of balance, and the math involved... well, pain in the keister.

I once acted in a play in another community up here, about 25 years ago, or so.. Had to do with fundamentalism, black & white morality, human tendencies, hypocrisy, etc. The usual fair of human maladies of the soul.

I think I was the mayor in the play, if I recall correctly as to who/what my character was.. The 'mayor' had developed... you guessed it... prostate cancer, and was using that state of affairs as a viable reason to not be too involved in the goings on at hand in the community, per the script.

It was a sordid situation, with the Preacher's wife having an affair, an ultimate shooting (they used my antique Canadian-made Cooey, a fine Canadian-made Winchester .22 bolt-action repeater from long ago, for the shooting. The guy who did the shooting with my antique rifle loaded with blanks was not a gun guy; he pulled the trigger so hard, while going through the motions as though his squeezing the trigger and lurching the gun forward would somehow increase the velocity of the make-believe cartridges, that he broke my trigger group.. had to have it welded.. nice guy, but don' let him use your guns.. .not even in a play..)

Anyway, during one rehearsal, acting out my lines/part, it came to a place where I vocalized my focus and priority, my prostate my prostate cancer. But I engaged in some improvisational acting, gesticulating with my hand, as though I was going to foist it up my arse, and exclaiming, "I HAVE PROSTATE CANCER!"

Everyone broke out in laughter, including the author/director of the play, who then, while still laughing, told me that if I did that on stage, during the show, he'd kill me. I refrained, as best as I can remember, but I was tempted a time or 2.

I truly believe, through trial and error, and life's observations, that all of life's drama, tragedy, beauty, and more, can benefit at tines from a good laugh, the twinkling in the eye of the viewing of the Cosmic joke, or a hearty "FUCK YOU!!" toward the sky.

I have to try and remember that for my family, and those around me.

Comment

BTW, another generous and caring member left links for me to some sources for VERY high CBD clones, etc.

I've never shipped or received clones through a 3rd party service. not really excited about the prospect in the winter time here of doing so, but who knows?

And I asked at the shop re. any pesticide use on their clones; they stated they are all natural or organic, using only neem oil, plant oils, citric acid, etc.

One concern re. bringing in plants from 'elsewhere', has been the routine reports over the years from others, re. importing pests.

Having had my own wrestling matches with thrips and fungus gnats, i am wary of bringing anything else into the shop, let alone something more dastardly than what I've typically had to contend with. So for the next little while, the magnifying lenses and some organic sprays & drenches will be my buddies.

Onward!!

Comment

I had a link to a good how-to for citric acid decab but it went 404,
                                I found this it's pretty similar:

https://maryhelentestkitchen.blogspo...-acid.html?m=1

I have done a partial heat decarb before blending, gonna give it a go without the heat, my past experience it takes 5-7 days at room temp. As I stated earlier, gotta watch the moisture content before putting in caps

Gotta give credit where credit is due, GRY turned me on to this method. Thanks!!!

One post I saw stated adding the citric acid to alcohol used for extraction, this method also took about 9 days to decarb, might be worth doing a test run.

Have Fun!
                                Eat More Weed!

Comment

Working...
                                X