What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please PM me your personal experience with CHS Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome

I had a shocking experience with CHS in 2007

I was smoking bongs and buys weed from my usual guy but I think it was contaminated with mould.

I would throw up constantly down to the biles, it was non-stop and the only thing that would work was taking a hot bath or shower to take my mind off it. I couldn't focus on anything or eat anything, my mother took me to out local GP and he couldn't find anything much wrong with me and I get an injection of liquids to stop dehydration.

I threw away the weed and it went away after a few days, although I was ill and anxious and nauseous for weeks to come. The anxiety was horrible and I have never experienced anything like it in my life.

I believe it is from a certain kind of mould that affects the nervous system brain, I don't know about pesticides, I hope not.

To be honest it took about 3 years to get back to normal. But now I don't think there are any residual effects from it

Hope this helps

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Sounds just like CHS from aza. The guy probably had a crop which had issues, the mold issues would have been much milder and gone away much sooner. Activated charcoal pills help pull the aza from the body, reducing the recovery time.

I've contaminated my own cannabis twice, I grow clean without mold. Same issues you describe.

Gimpy

Another few symptoms (unfortunately still in this situation, exposed recently but didn't smoke) is a feeling in my throat as if I'm supposed to throw up, like acid reflux but worse. The nausea feels like something is inside the stomach, bugging it, and I'm burping like crazy - - serious gas and belches. I'm convinced this stuff latches onto your brain in the same areas THC and other cannabinoids do. A user mentioned paranoia: yeah, I forgot that it is paranoia from hell; not just about vomiting, but a natural paranoia as if it's a way of life. Looking out windows, like I'm going hard on coke.

Douglas.Curtis

You might have other problems going on, everyone is different. Depending on what foods I've chosen I can get the acid reflux and burping, normally it doesn't show up though.

Paranoia hasn't been part of my symptoms. Frustration at not knowing the original source was huge for a while. Frustration at how upset the balance in my digestion gets is more common.

The activated charcoal pills help significantly. Work your way up to 2 or 3 a day, evenly spaced between meals.

:)

Gimpy

I was wondering how you know it's only azadirachtin/neem products that cause the symptoms. I mean, could these issues also have anything to do with piperonyl butoxide (which enhances the effects of insecticides and other pesticides) or excess nutrients? Could systemic azadirachtin alone cause problems? I did try charcoal capsules but I got really itchy for some reason. Sometimes I wonder if it's merely the cannabis seeds that have been genetically modified.. Not sure. But you'd think if it was just azadirachtin, many more people would deal with these problems. It only takes a hit of this stuff to make me say "no mas, por favor."

Douglas.Curtis

I was wondering how you know it's only azadirachtin/neem products that cause the symptoms. I mean, could these issues also have anything to do with piperonyl butoxide (which enhances the effects of insecticides and other pesticides) or excess nutrients? Could systemic azadirachtin alone cause problems?
I grow hydroponically and extremely cleanly. The first pesticides I used were Azamax and Azatrol, 3 times in all. Once to fight mites and the second two times with controlled tests.

I use a balanced nutrient profile (GH Flora 8:16 micro:bloom) and specifically feed to prevent overfeeding at any point throughout flower.

I've never had issues before the use of Azamax/Azatrol and I've not had issues after that point, when they were not used. My cannabis grow methods produce excellent cannabis I benefit from, with zero issues. Gosh I miss it.

I did try charcoal capsules but I got really itchy for some reason.
The charcoal pulls toxins from your body and some of it is re-absorbed by your system. This can be unpleasant and I had to start with one a day for a couple weeks. Eventually I worked my way up to 3 a day and the results are definitely noticeable.

Sometimes I wonder if it's merely the cannabis seeds that have been genetically modified..
Nope, pretty positive it's the aza for me and others I've run into.

Not sure. But you'd think if it was just azadirachtin, many more people would deal with these problems. It only takes a hit of this stuff to make me say "no mas, por favor."
I'm pretty confident research will find the aza doesn't go away in the human body very quickly at all. We're ingesting a heated version of it, whether through smoking or decarobxylation, so no idea what products you'd have to test for in the body.

Because it doesn't go away, continued use builds higher levels in the body. Seems to be a fine line between 'tolerable' and 'oh no...'

I would imagine some people are non-sensitive to the aza at all. Most people I've run into have shown symptoms when the amount of aza is really high. The main issue I see is the time it takes for it to build up keeps people from thinking of the cannabis as the source of their issuess. Also take into account people can be affected, yet never reach the vomiting and massive pain stages. They simply suffer from low level pain (usually centered around past injuries or present muscle/skeletal issues) and mild digestive issues.

Know anyone with an injury with little pain for them, which tends to flare up after they ingest cannabis (Tainted with azadirachtin) from a dispensary for a week? I've watched it happen over and over, for a few years now. Women have more painful PMS, people with digestive issues experience flareups and are unable to track it to a specific food.

It's subtle. I'm extremely sensitive, making it much easier for me to notice the differences. Between the lower sensitivity and time lag involved, it's not surprising at all more people don't 'get' this. Always a few front runners ahead of the main pack. ;)

Try the charcoal again, just one a day, for a week at least. I'm pretty sure you'll find the itching fades after the first couple days. :)

I can remember brief experiences where my dialectic pressure was too slow and my lower respitory system had problems.

It centers in the blood of the human and will penetrate the abdomen with bacteria of central infusion of the medicines you encountered.

Douglas.Curtis

Keep it to PM, thanks. I'm simply looking for personal experiences and full on discussions are currently going on in other threads on the subject.