Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please PM me your personal experience with CHS Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    does't uv light break down THC?

    and dougie, i think I did get tested for that.... was it some weird test where you fast then take a 'urea' pill or something, and blow a sample of air into a ballon?

    well i did that anyways....

    negative result. fasted for nothing, making the CHS much worse..... thanks doc.


    also had an endoscopy (camera down my throat) also found nothing.... had to fast for that too... terrible.

    You really should just grow your own, dougie.... it wouldn't be such problem....



    also - dabs/extracts bring on the CHS much quicker that straight pot (for me anyways) but higher % buds do also...

    I'm sticking with the problem being massive amounts of thc..... seems only logical that it would cause problems with excessive use....

    too much of a good thing, mate?

    take care, big fula

    Comment


      Originally posted by rexamus616 View Post
      does't uv light break down THC?
      Even if it does, it's worth it. I'm not a botanist but I do love chemistry. If you look at azadirachtin's profile, it's systemic. I wouldn't be surprised if there was chemical bonding involved between THC and Aza, especially as Aza is classified as a limonoid and a tetranotriterpenoid.

      Comment


        Originally posted by rexamus616 View Post
        does't uv light break down THC?

        and dougie, i think I did get tested for that.... was it some weird test where you fast then take a 'urea' pill or something, and blow a sample of air into a ballon?

        well i did that anyways....

        negative result. fasted for nothing, making the CHS much worse..... thanks doc.
        Yes, UV breaks down THC... I'm pretty sure of that as well. Fortunately, the aza should terminate significantly quicker.
        Indeed, you are one of the enigmas. Without the H.Pylori, I only get the muscle tension now.

        Frequency never mattered with me, amounts never mattered, strains never mattered, dabs don't matter, the only consistency has been neem/aza content.

        A significant number of other people don't have the ability to grow their own. What good is it for them, if I simply go back to growing my own? I haven't been able to, for various reasons, for over a year now. When I grow my own, even super high THC (ECSD and others) I have zero issues I assure you. Definitely not the THC content for me, thankfully.

        I wish you the best of luck with your issues. You've got it much worse than I have.
        Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis (A Healthier Approach to Hydroponic Cannabis)
        DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds
        DIY Super Inexpensive HEPA Filtration
        6-Second Pain Relief for Arthritic and Joint Pain
        8-Minute CBD Test
        Cool and Dry Flowering Discussion Thread

        Comment


          I found a list of all Aza products according to Pesticide Info:
          • Agroneem
          • Amvac
          • Antipesto
          • Azad
          • Azaguard
          • Azatin
          • Meen
          • MGK-2905
          • Molt-X
          • Neemazad
          • Neemazal
          • Nimbecidine
          • Debug TGAI/Turbo
          • Ei-783 and Ei-791
          • Fortune Aza
          • Soluneem
          • Superneem
          • Treeazin


          https://www.pesticideinfo.org/List_P...ctive&offset=0

          Comment


            Originally posted by Gimpy View Post
            I found a list of all Aza products according to Pesticide Info:
            • Agroneem
            • Amvac
            • Antipesto
            • Azad
            • Azaguard
            • Azatin
            • Meen
            • MGK-2905
            • Molt-X
            • Neemazad
            • Neemazal
            • Nimbecidine
            • Debug TGAI/Turbo
            • Ei-783 and Ei-791
            • Fortune Aza
            • Soluneem
            • Superneem
            • Treeazin


            https://www.pesticideinfo.org/List_P...ctive&offset=0
            Niiiiiice! Very helpful, Gimpy, really appreciate you posting this. Thank You.

            I don't see Aza-Sol on there though... list may be incomplete. Still a lot more products than I knew a few minutes ago. Awesome.
            Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis (A Healthier Approach to Hydroponic Cannabis)
            DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds
            DIY Super Inexpensive HEPA Filtration
            6-Second Pain Relief for Arthritic and Joint Pain
            8-Minute CBD Test
            Cool and Dry Flowering Discussion Thread

            Comment


              Originally posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
              Niiiiiice! Very helpful, Gimpy, really appreciate you posting this. Thank You.

              I don't see Aza-Sol on there though... list may be incomplete. Still a lot more products than I knew a few minutes ago. Awesome.
              No problem at all, really! Just let me know if I'm blowing up your thread. I see all of these posts on Reddit with people getting morning sickness, depression, cramps and back pains.. Most, if not all of them seem clueless (especially patients that don't know what their provider/dispensary is putting in their plants) and I feel really bad for them. One day this thread will help many people.

              Imagine a world without azadirachtin.. My lord, it would be glorious.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Gimpy View Post
                No problem at all, really! Just let me know if I'm blowing up your thread. I see all of these posts on Reddit with people getting morning sickness, depression, cramps and back pains.. Most, if not all of them seem clueless (especially patients that don't know what their provider/dispensary is putting in their plants) and I feel really bad for them. One day this thread will help many people.

                Imagine a world without azadirachtin.. My lord, it would be glorious.
                You're fine, really. All the reasons you state are the driving force behind my pushing the issue for so many years now. Appreciate your contributions.
                Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis (A Healthier Approach to Hydroponic Cannabis)
                DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds
                DIY Super Inexpensive HEPA Filtration
                6-Second Pain Relief for Arthritic and Joint Pain
                8-Minute CBD Test
                Cool and Dry Flowering Discussion Thread

                Comment


                  I made a very big mistake yesterday. I "lighted out" a broken up aza bud and packed my spoon. Like I've said before, when I do the light thing, there are usually way less adverse effects after smoking. This time I sucked the remaining ash in the bowl and a significant amount went to the back of my throat; too far to cough back up, so I had to swallow it. The high was fine at first, but then overwhelming nausea came on 30 minutes later.

                  After trying some alternatives, which didn't help, I started the hot water for a bath. Shirtless and looking in the mirror, I could clearly see a bulge right where my gallbladder should be located, inflamed like a balloon. It was followed with back pain in different areas, but as soon as I got in the bath, all symptoms stopped. As soon as I got out, bang, the symptoms came back.

                  I was reading some forums online about cannabis users that have severe gallbladder problems. There are a lot of them, and not all associated with vomiting. Anyway though, I bought a gas mask to see if the greatest harm is coming from volatile aerobic exposure or dermally. I'll let you know how it goes.

                  Comment


                    Total erasure of pain the induced pain? Yeah, in my experience, that's azadirachtin. Clean your gear every time, even the residual will build up in resin. Personally, I would switch to joints if possible and throw away the roaches.

                    Like a balloon, eh? That's crazy and I have no idea if it's from the aza or from some other pesticide, perhaps? Damn Gimpy, you've got it bad. How long till your provider can supply neem/aza free cannabis for you? This means no aza at all, not even during veg, since we really don't know how long it lasts in the plant. :(
                    Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis (A Healthier Approach to Hydroponic Cannabis)
                    DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds
                    DIY Super Inexpensive HEPA Filtration
                    6-Second Pain Relief for Arthritic and Joint Pain
                    8-Minute CBD Test
                    Cool and Dry Flowering Discussion Thread

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
                      Total erasure of pain the induced pain? Yeah, in my experience, that's azadirachtin. Clean your gear every time, even the residual will build up in resin. Personally, I would switch to joints if possible and throw away the roaches.

                      Like a balloon, eh? That's crazy and I have no idea if it's from the aza or from some other pesticide, perhaps? Damn Gimpy, you've got it bad. How long till your provider can supply neem/aza free cannabis for you? This means no aza at all, not even during veg, since we really don't know how long it lasts in the plant. :(
                      Yes, I was completely back to myself once in the tub. It didn't take long at all after getting out till they came back, but not with such full force. It's actually kind of scary because it indicates this is the most I've been exposed to aza, and I don't know when I'll cross "the limit."

                      It's funny you mentioned to clean your gear because I'm starting to suspect a lot of the tar/resin is mostly aza. From my experience, clean weed never leaves behind the amount of residue aza-weed does after burning. This probably isn't the case with systemic aza though, just stuff that's sprayed on. I might have to go with joints like you said.

                      There could be other pesticides too, but in comparison to other compounds, azadirachtin has some pretty distinct symptoms. I'm pretty sure I've experienced other poisonings from weed in my teen years. I always thought some weed "just gets you really paranoid." But when you are literally hallucinating you know something else has to be wrong.

                      I've come to the conclusion that some pesticides, especially azadirachtin, is part of the high. I guarantee if you packed and smoked a bowl of neem, it would get you "high" (and very depressed and paranoid).

                      But yes, that's the crappiest part.. I will probably end up changing providers if I can't convince him to stop using aza.

                      Comment


                        Some relevant information that I found from Toxnet:

                        "Human Toxicity Excerpts: Neem seed oil produced occasional diarrhea, nausea, and general discomfort when given orally as an anthelmintic.

                        Five to ten milliliters of the oil given orally to children against minor ailments caused vomiting, drowsiness, tachypnea with acidotic respiration, and polymorphonuclear leukocytosis, and encephalopathy developed within hours of ingestion. Seizures, associated with coma, developed in some cases. Autopsy demonstrated pronounced fatty acid infiltration of the liver and proximal renal tubules, with mitochondrial damage, and cerebral edema, changes consistent with Reye's syndrome.

                        Antidote and Emergency Treatment:
                        Skin decontamination: If skin contamination occurs, the skin should be thoroughly washed with soap and water.

                        Gastrointestinal decontamination: Due to the severe gastrointestinal irritation, gastric emptying and catharsis are not indicated. Consideration should be given to administration of activated charcoal.

                        Metabolism/Metabolites: Injection of a tritiated azadirachtin derivative, dihydroazadirachtin into locusts indicated fast clearing of radiolabeled material from the blood. Ninety percent of the applied radioactivity was excreted during the first 7 hr with the feces, whereas the remaining dihydroazadirachtin accumulated in the Malpighian tubules where it could be detected even 24 days after treatment. After the first 24 hr, feces contained at least three polar, unidentified metabolites but no dihydroazadirachtin.

                        Environmental Fate/Exposure: If released to air, a vapor pressure of 2.7X10-11 mm Hg indicates azadirachtin will exist solely in the particulate phase in the atmosphere. Particulate-phase azadirachtin will be removed from the atmosphere by wet and dry deposition. Azadirachtin has a reported half-life of 3.9 days when exposed to UV light. If released to soil, azadirachtin is expected to have high mobility based upon a Koc of 93. Volatilization from moist soil surfaces is not expected to be an important fate process based upon an estimated Henry's Law constant of 9.9X10-14 atm-cu m/mole. Azadirachtin is not expected to volatilize from dry soil surfaces based upon its vapor pressure. When incubated with soil in the dark at pH 7 azadirachtin had reported half-lives of 43.9 and 19.8 days at 15 and 25 deg C, respectively. When the soil was autoclaved to remove microbes the half-lives of azadirachtin increased to 91.2 and 31.5 days at 15 and 25 deg C under similar conditions. In a separate study azadirachtin had soil half-lives ranging from 26-29 days at 18 deg C, pH 6.0 and exposed to natural light. If released into water, azadirachtin is not expected to adsorb to suspended solids and sediment based upon the estimated Koc. Volatilization from water surfaces is not expected to be an important fate process based upon this compound's estimated Henry's Law constant.

                        ATMOSPHERIC FATE: According to a model of gas/particle partitioning of semivolatile organic compounds in the atmosphere, azadirachtin, which has a vapor pressure of 2.7X10-11 mm Hg at 25 deg C, is expected to exist solely in the particulate phase in the ambient atmosphere. Particulate-phase azadirachtin may be removed from the air by wet and dry deposition. The half-life for photolysis of azadirachtin is 50 days. Azadirachtin has a reported half-life of 3.9 days when exposed to UV light.

                        Indoor Applications. If the label directions permit, leave all windows open and fans operating after the application is completed. If the pesticide product is only effective in an unventilated (sealed) room or house, do not stay there. Put all pets outdoors, and take yourself any your family away from treated areas for at least the length of time prescribed on the label. Apply most surface sprays only to limited areas such as cracks; don't treat entire floors, walls, or ceilings. Don't let pesticides get on any surfaces that are used for food preparation. Wash any surfaces that may have pesticide residue before placing food on them.

                        Outdoor Applications. Never apply pesticides outdoors on a windy day (winds higher than 10 mph). Position yourself so that a light breeze does not blow pesticide spray or dust into your face.

                        Stable in the dark. DT50 50 days (pH 5, room temperature); rapidly decomposed at higher temperatures, in alkaline and strongly acidic media."

                        https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/s...rm+@DOCNO+7372

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Duh!
                          Indoor Applications. If the label directions permit, leave all windows open and fans operating after the application is completed. If the pesticide product is only effective in an unventilated (sealed) room or house, do not stay there. Put all pets outdoors, and take yourself any your family away from treated areas for at least the length of time prescribed on the label. Apply most surface sprays only to limited areas such as cracks; don't treat entire floors, walls, or ceilings. Don't let pesticides get on any surfaces that are used for food preparation. Wash any surfaces that may have pesticide residue before placing food on them.

                          Outdoor Applications. Never apply pesticides outdoors on a windy day (winds higher than 10 mph). Position yourself so that a light breeze does not blow pesticide spray or dust into your face.
                          I love how kittens and roses the directions are, as far as exposure is concerned. Makes you want to go lovingly hug a bottle of Azadirachtin, doesn't it? (gag)

                          Thanks for that bit of info.
                          Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis (A Healthier Approach to Hydroponic Cannabis)
                          DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds
                          DIY Super Inexpensive HEPA Filtration
                          6-Second Pain Relief for Arthritic and Joint Pain
                          8-Minute CBD Test
                          Cool and Dry Flowering Discussion Thread

                          Comment


                            So, I've found that grinding aza buds, leaving them under a standard fluorescent light (hovering about 3 inches over the tray), and then using a clean bong and not burning it until it's totally cashes; this seems to take the organ inflammation away, but some muscle pains are still evident.

                            I just bought and tried an inexpensive portable vape to try some more tests (called a Pulsar APX - $60. Vaporizing isn't bad! I like it. Using the 392 degree fahrenheit setting, no ill effects yet. Any opinions on a degree setting I should use, if you vape?

                            @Douglas, do you smoke cigarettes or use nicotine products? I think it would be important to take certain variables like tobacco use and medication. I'm waiting to hit 50 posts so I can PM you. I vape nicotine but not compulsively.

                            I went to my MMP's place today and on his shelf he had a ton of Biocanna/Canna products (CANNABOOST, PK 13/14, CANNAZYM, and RHIZOTONIC). Besides Azamax, I don't think he's using anything else that's harmful. It's actually pretty expensive stuff, and I think he tries his hardest to keep it "organic."

                            Have a good weekend, guys!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Gimpy View Post
                              So, I've found that grinding aza buds, leaving them under a standard fluorescent light (hovering about 3 inches over the tray), and then using a clean bong and not burning it until it's totally cashes; this seems to take the organ inflammation away, but some muscle pains are still evident.
                              Good details, thank you.

                              Originally posted by Gimpy View Post
                              I just bought and tried an inexpensive portable vape to try some more tests (called a Pulsar APX - $60. Vaporizing isn't bad! I like it. Using the 392 degree fahrenheit setting, no ill effects yet. Any opinions on a degree setting I should use, if you vape?
                              My first thought is about the vaporization point of aza. I've been dabbing, titanium nail and torch. So far, both vaping and dabbing leave me wanting for additional terpenes or something. Perhaps just not the right extract or temps?

                              Originally posted by Gimpy View Post
                              @Douglas, do you smoke cigarettes or use nicotine products? I think it would be important to take certain variables like tobacco use and medication. I'm waiting to hit 50 posts so I can PM you. I vape nicotine but not compulsively.
                              Smoked 20+ years, haven't had nicotine in nearly 16 years. Maybe a total of 3-4 hits off of blunts in that time. (gag) Pure cannabis is my joy and tobac just ruins it for me. lol

                              Originally posted by Gimpy View Post
                              I went to my MMP's place today and on his shelf he had a ton of Biocanna/Canna products (CANNABOOST, PK 13/14, CANNAZYM, and RHIZOTONIC). Besides Azamax, I don't think he's using anything else that's harmful. It's actually pretty expensive stuff, and I think he tries his hardest to keep it "organic."

                              Have a good weekend, guys!
                              Yep, I can see it being the case. Apparently a LOT of organic growers try to do their best, yet have a blind spot for neem and other organic products. They're labeled "organic."

                              Cannabis is not like the plants most organic growers have developed their skills with.
                              Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis (A Healthier Approach to Hydroponic Cannabis)
                              DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds
                              DIY Super Inexpensive HEPA Filtration
                              6-Second Pain Relief for Arthritic and Joint Pain
                              8-Minute CBD Test
                              Cool and Dry Flowering Discussion Thread

                              Comment


                                A lot of the things that Gimpy is mentioning are remarkably similar to my own experiences. I spent months suffering from severe indigestion. I could barely eat anything. It began about a week after switching to a new source of cannabis. I never vomited, but spent most of my time feeling very bloated, with heartburn and feeling in my throat like I was going to vomit. I should add that I have PTSD and the idea of vomiting triggers it. Once I feel in my stomach or throat that I might be sick, I typically spiral into an anxiety attack and then it's impossible to know how nauseous I really am. If I smoke on an empty stomach I have very little discomfort, although I have indigestion the next time I eat. If I smoke after eating, particularly after eating a heavy meal, I almost instantly feel extremely bloated. Coughing makes this effect much worse. Taking a ppi reduced the symptoms significantly but not entirely. After I linked the symptoms to smoking, I stopped for a month. The symptoms were mostly gone but I still noticed indigestion after eating heavy foods. I also still felt as if things didn't go down my esophagus fast enough. If I were drinking something quickly, I'd have to stop because my throat would fill up and I wouldn't be able to swallow. I purchased some cannabis that I was told (through a chain of 3 people, not sure that I got accurate information) wasn't grown with any form of azadirachtin. It produced the same effects in me, although for a much shorter duration because I was only smoking a small amount every few days. Gimpy's comments stuck out to me because my neck and shoulders were hard as a rock and I had tension headaches every day until I stopped smoking, along with jaw pain and occasional tooth pain. Although I noticed it returned during a particularly bad episode of indigestion when I foolishly decided to smoke after eating a sub and coughed a lot. Another similarity with Gimpy is that I've noticed the symptoms are much worse if I smoke the last of the bowl when it's reduced to black/brown resin-y plant material. If I don't kick the bowl it's much better. The most glaring similarity would be when Gimpy said that he felt like his eyes were coming out of his head after microwaving the cannabis. I felt this same feeling during the indigestion when I smoked after eating the sub. I should note that this happened after the second smoke in one day, which I hadn't done in a long time. Very distinct feeling, very scary. It would seem like my problem wasn't caused by aza if the information I received from my source was correct, but I can't doubt that there's something going on here now that I've read what Gimpy went through.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X