What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Cannabis - patient is 7 year old Boxer Dog

G

Guest 26753

Using Cannabis Oil (THC) to treat cancer (Mast Cell Tumor) in a 7 year old Boxer. The tumor is nearly completely gone after 30 days of topical application. Owners report that as of the last few days they have started to see positive changes in his demeanor and alertness. He's started eating normal amounts of food again over the past couple days and has not vomited since Dec 3rd. Oral doses started on Nov 28th, topical application began on Nov 10th.

Pics are courtesy of my good friend Dr Bob Melamede.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Awesome! :D

Are you using Holy Anointing Oil or just heat activated hash oil?

Absolutely amazing shit, eh?

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

G

Guest 26753

This was a high CBD pure non-decarboxylated extract that was applied topically to the cancer. The owner of the dog is Jay Favel.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
is this published any where on the net?

besides this thread... ;)

would love to share this with family and friends...

G

Guest 26753

This was sent to me by Dr Bob Melamede, who had it initially posted to his page at Facebook by the dog's owner. Pls feel free to share this.

SetHeh

This is very good news. I'm happy for the owner & for the dog. I also regret I hadn't begun growing MJ sooner. I could have saved my labrador's life.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great post! This handsome fellow on my left had a mast cell tumor about a year ago, which I had surgically removed. I didn't realize what it was until I pointed it out to the vet at his yearly exam, and had it taken off the same day. I started researching cannabis oil as a treatment afterwards and found very little information regarding it's usage on dogs or mast cell tumors. Thanks for posting this.

== Heat activated hash oil. :D

HAO is simpson oil or other kief/concentrate mixed with cinnamon oils and myrrh gum. :D

:tiphat:
close. when i formulated HAO, it was done for hash oil, whatever the extraction method is preferred. i have found the refluxed extractions to contain significant wax, which makes it almost impossible to get a homogeneous solution, unless winterized. quick washes result in a cleaner product, easier to combine. iso is even more aggressive. butane extractions produce a much cleaner end product, however, i winterize them as well, before formulating.

interestingly, a skunk pharm associate has a pit/lab mix that developed cancer in his mouth. they had just paid for two hip surgeries, but the vet said just make him comfortable. my friend fed him HAO for two months. the dog is cancer free and playing as a happy 6 year old.

with this in mind i have formulated Holy Dog Shit. at 1/2 strength as that is what i found best suited to sedate my 40 lb Auzzie after surgery. her sire is taking HDS now as he is aging. her grand mother, diagnosed with doggie alzheimers, took it to death.

i love seeing posts like this!

smokefrogg

Veteran
that is very cool, my mom has a pit/husky mix that has these all over her body, she is 11 years old, the vet said they are inside as well and eventually she will die from it as there are just way too many to remove, so the last year or so my mom has been feeding the dog a couple grams of trim along with her food each day, the tumors have been slowly dropping in size and some are just gone, the dog has a lot more energy and can actually get up and move around by herself, she will walk around for fun it seems rather than just when she needs food or to go to the bathroom, she used to be in so much pain just trying to get out to go potty poor girl....anyways this is an inspiration to see, thank you so much for sharing this! i bet a more concentrated formula would benefit this poor old girl

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
That is amazing, thanks for posting SM! So for tumor treatment it is best to use cannabis which is higher in CBD? What role does THC play in the treatment of cancer, if any?
HGO

offthehook

Veteran
I've seen pigeon egg size lumps shrink to peanut size absesses in just a week on my barzoi/ malamute mix. (stomach cancer)

Twice daily, I only stuffed some bud in a chunk of butter so the dog would swallow it down without hesitation.

It never got smaller then a peanut, but the speed in wich it got reduced was stunning to say the least.

The dog eventually died at age 13, due to a stubborn cancer spreading out from the bladder.

The weed then, at least helped her "going out" in peace.

I wonder if the people at Shaklee in Norman, OK are interested in the properties of THC oil. They have the sort of equipment and testing procedures on a real world level to bring this to market on a home based business model.

Great news! Will pass this along.