What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post op issues:

Gry

MooseEater is back in the hospital again, riddled with infection.
Has a urologist who is culturing the infection.
He awaits test results.

buzzmobile

Veteran
The latest word from moose eater:

White cells are now halved, red cells & hematocrit are taking baby
steps back toward normalcy, but my Doc's perplexed by my platelets
remaining 2 x's normal.

He's not out of the woods yet, but the situation appears to be improving.

Gry

He gave a description yesterday, of what a scan had shown. He mentioned a hematoma, pools of coagulated blood,
better than half a dozen pockets of pus, internal bleeding, leakage of the bladder and urethra.
Staph based infection with no signs of mrsa as of now. Thought the leakage was found, his description "John was correct".
Used to have long phone calls on a regular basis, since his surgery, we had one call that was 20 minutes,
but most have been about 2 minutes, as was the case this morning. Spoke of waking up with intense pain in
what felt like his pelvic bone at 2 am. They are afraid to use iv ibuprofen any longer...
Gravely concerned, even small infections can be rough, and at this scale, more rough.

Brother Nature

Fuck, this is frustrating to hear, my last conversation with him makes a lot more sense now though. I wish there was something we could do. Moose Eater is the kind of man we should all aspire to be like. My wishes are with him and his family. Thank you Gry for keeping us updated.

Gry

He called earlier in the day, when I was at the bank and did not have pen and paper with me.
He delivers a great deal of information in a very short period, and I need to be able to take notes.
What I recall most vividly is that he has not been able to see his son since he has been back in
the hospital, and it is painful for him personally. He was speaking of a potential re-constructive surgery in the future.
He is having more pain, but remains lucid, and he is thinking very clearly, and understands
what his situation is. I regret to say that I missed a call from him earlier this evening.
I remain gravely concerned.

Gry

Thanks, @Gry.

moose eater shared this tune with me yesterday.

Thank you buzzmobile, I believe the communication he has with you means a great deal to him, when I spoke with him
on the way back from the bank he mentioned a specific piece of music, that I very much wish I could recall.
I am sure it held significance.

Latest posts

Latest posts