What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wistful musings about those days when we just smoked for fun..... Let it all out

Klompen

Maybe you're like me and you used to just smoke weed because its harmless and great fun to do. Maybe like me, you've fallen prey to increasing health problems as you age(and I was not that healthy to begin with). I first started smoking weed when I was in my early 20s. I met some hippie type friends and they changed my perspective on a lot of things. I still wasn't a regular smoker though. That didn't come until a feral plant grew to maturity in my compost pile without me realizing it and then just for fun I harvested the thing and put it in a bag. A friend took maybe 1/3 of it and I left the rest for a while before I started smoking a bit here and there. Long story short I quickly discovered that despite being so much fun it was also helpful with health issues. Unfortunately, the worse we feel the more we tend to need to smoke to feel anything good off it. For lack of a better word its like the stress "eats" the high, and it takes more cannabis to make up for that if feeling anything good is to happen. Its like a stress tax that sucks away your high. My partner and I both have severe digestive problems, and we both have several serious nervous disorders(most of which cannabis helps with. It only seems to make restless leg worse though). I miss the simple days when I just smoked to get high and we didn't feel like we need so much of it just to be able to eat and get any chores done. The amount we need to function medically is expensive and stressful in a prohibition state. My current grow has suffered bad setbacks and we've been really struggling to smoke through this winter. I really envy my various friends who can just smoke when they get the opportunity and are able to stop doing it for however long they need to get jobs and other good things(I'm disabled, but its still an issue in our household).

Anyway, just felt like venting about the halcyon days of recreational pot use. Do you feel similarly sad to actually need cannabis rather than just want it? I'm sure I am not the only one in a prohibition state that is suffering from this reality. Vent here if you like!

...CR500AF...

Yep I used to smoke,dab just for fun then got sick, now i eat so many Mg per day on set days and it definitely made it all different but it probably saved my life, slowed the growth of a tumor down. Now with the schedule it is maybe not as fun but the odd day i get the right stuff and life is a little better for a while.lol

...CR500AF...

And or for the record i am running clean and this is for prevention at this point.
The days are getting a little better as we go.🙂 Hopping they get better for yourself hang in there, when you find that right plant it does get a lot better for stomach and restless leg, But the fun does go away doesn't it. wishing you the best down the road.🙂

Veggia farmer

I have fun when smoking and always had, but for me it also from the start was a medical thing. Im was /am tensioned because of chilhood traumas and so. First time I could REALLY relax was after finding hash in the early teens.

Those very stressed days when I just need it, yes, I too notice how the stress eats the high. Very familiar with that way of viewing it. Good way of describing the function.

But Im NOT like your friends. I usually get more things done in periods were I smoke more. When I stop, well, I sometimes stop to!

Isnt the fun about finding the "inner child"? Like high and creative? Its fun to fuck around, you know? hehe

Peace

Klompen

I should probably be clear that its not even that having fun is all that big a deal to me, but rather its just frustrating to have to throw so much medicine at a problem and just come out even on it. I hate to even think about how much money it has cost us over the years just to be able to eat and get work done. There have been some fun times, but man its never easy to have to pick between having money and feeling healthy enough to enjoy life at all. I really envy my friends who can stop without consequences whenever they need to(very few of them have ever wanted to though lol). I think we would be happier in a legalized state with better neighbors honestly, but the low cost of things here is the only reason we were able to find a place at all after years of being homeless(which is a long and complicated story). I really hope we see some sort of national decriminalization soon. Some day I want a walled garden full of cannabis plants and not have to live in fear.....

Veggia farmer

But, yes. I truly know the dilemma of having money or medicine. When I was young it was sometimes also a choice about food or medicine. Well, I have never been fat. Rather underweight most of the time. But I rather also be underweight and function, then more healthy in weightwise then not function properly in the cabinet.

Im really are grateful for some of the people I have ancountered direct or indirect that have helped my journey, and most of them are a part of the cannabis community, both close and far away.

You grow klompen? If indoor is not an option, consider outdoors. I have a history of guerilla gardening. I can tell you I have had plants on some of the funniest places, without detection. Hide in plain sight is a fun fun game if your into that shite. Im.

Wishing you all a good day,

Veggia

Klompen

But, yes. I truly know the dilemma of having money or medicine. When I was young it was sometimes also a choice about food or medicine. Well, I have never been fat. Rather underweight most of the time. But I rather also be underweight and function, then more healthy in weightwise then not function properly in the cabinet.

Im really are grateful for some of the people I have ancountered direct or indirect that have helped my journey, and most of them are a part of the cannabis community, both close and far away.

You grow klompen? If indoor is not an option, consider outdoors. I have a history of guerilla gardening. I can tell you I have had plants on some of the funniest places, without detection. Hide in plain sight is a fun fun game if your into that shite. Im.

Wishing you all a good day,

Veggia

I too have always been naturally thin. It would be nice if that translated to healthy but at least obesity isn't on my list.

I agree about the community. I have had so much positive experiences with the online pot community. It's really amazing how much good activism and growing work I see developing out of forums like this and now out of the legal face-to-face cannabis community where its available. When all my seeds got killed by heat while in storage while I was homeless, someone sent me some beans to get going again. I do grow, but we've had some serious setbacks in the last 6 months. We had the equivalent of a hurricane here in the Midwest and that caused one of several power outages we suffered. We also had a plant pest invasion of epic proportions, difficulty with equipment, and temps as low as the mid-30s at the floor level. I am slowly getting a handle on all of that but we've been forced to buy again while trying to get our own supply back up to speed. I just did another big pest spray tonight on G13 so we'll see...

IMG_5258.JPG
IMG_5259.JPG

The exposure is turned way down on that lights-on photo, but basically its about 100w of side lights and a QB96 running @~85W. G13 is the first to go in from the start with all the side lights installed, and hopefully now that I have her sprayed for pests she will really take off even more than she already is(this pic is a bit old now). Loud N' Proud got slowed down by the cold and is on day 90-something now. What little is left of OJSDKB there is on day 130 or so. The cold and the pests really did a lot of damage, but LnP is a champ and is at least packing on some weight finally. I have had some really serious hermie issues too. I lost all my old genetics, including my stuff from Hybrids From Hell(so sad about losing Arnes Amnesiated SSSDH!!!). I am still trying to sort through the seeds I got from a friend to find some stable genetics. One of these days we'll get this operation on track....

Veggia farmer

Well, Im sure if Im naturally thin. It may be some sympoms on stress and somtimes also symptom on not "enough" money, priorities. I got easy go get HUGE genes on both sides. lol.

"Condolence" on the setback mate, but its always good to hear people helping out with beans for the "needy". That as been everyone I guess one time or more. It also allways come:)

Yeah, one step at the time. Have been renovating here a little lately. Not finished isolating... My grow "froze" too hehe. But my temps is getting better, it grows atleast. lol.

Have a veg place? Seeds, any moms yet? Very inspiring, when you can hit it again right after chop....:)

Veggia farmer

Klompen, Im going to therapy about some trauma stuff now. In two different situations in the last days, I got EXTREMELY stressed. And smoke one time a bit of pot and the other day some hash. Yeah, I can totally connect to the stress eats the high. I found it a bit facinating.

Klompen

Have a veg place? Seeds, any moms yet? Very inspiring, when you can hit it again right after chop....:)

I do have a veg place but pests have really caused setbacks. I have only two plants now that are in a good position to flower. I'm also kinda bummed out because yet again I have a hermie plant. I am not sure why I am still getting hermie issues. Can plant pests cause hermies? G13 is mostly female like Loud n' Proud is but just like LnP its putting out random nuts the whole time. I even had an outdoor grow that I put a ton of work into last fall and we got about a month of smoke out of it because of an early frost. I started with 50 plants and ended with a freakin month's supply. Its enough to scream about sometimes. Hopefully this time next year I'll be able to laugh all this off.....

...CR500AF...

@klompen I have an idea how hard it is to stay ahead when you need meds just not fun treats, trying to tell friends, family that you to have to hold onto some for meds can cause problems. I do not have to much sympathy for them because it is medicine for myself, not just for fun like it is for them. And like i tell them grow your own but it seems to be to much work for a lot of people. lol Keep your head up maybe the next round will clean up and go well, hopefully a run or two will go great, and you will be ahead of the game, wishing you well my friend...:biggrin:

Klompen

@klompen I have an idea how hard it is to stay ahead when you need meds just not fun treats, trying to tell friends, family that you to have to hold onto some for meds can cause problems. I do not have to much sympathy for them because it is medicine for myself, not just for fun like it is for them. And like i tell them grow your own but it seems to be to much work for a lot of people. lol Keep your head up maybe the next round will clean up and go well, hopefully a run or two will go great, and you will be ahead of the game, wishing you well my friend...:biggrin:

You know I often wish my family was 420-friendly, but there is always the downside that your family that smokes will want your stash lol.... My family is pretty conservative and none of them use cannabis that I am aware of. My partner and I are huge stoners but most of our family(especially my family) have never found out about it. Really we're fairly isolated in general(2020 hasn't been helpful) and our contacts are dwindling. Stuff in this state is really expensive anyway. The two of us just need a lot of smoke to function. It really helps to have the right strains too, and we definitely have not had that quality that we really need so far. Hopefully once I get this grow's problems ironed out I can really get the quality dialed-in. Most days I have to smoke basically all day before I eventually can eat. I used to be huge on breakfasts but now I am usually too queasy to do breakfast and lunch and even dinner many days. Can't have gluten, have to have low fat, and sugar is bothering me more than ever these days. I have nervous system issues and so does my partner in addition to our dietary issues. It takes good meds to do all the stuff we need to get done around here and actually enjoying the high would be a huge plus as well.

I appreciate being able to come to these sorts of sites and vent a bit. I really don't have people in my offline life that I can talk to about this sort of stuff. Thanks for the well wishes!

St. Phatty

Flying used to be so much fun.

Stuff a few ounces in a ski parka, get on the plane, sell the Z's to your friends, go to the beach.

Latest posts

Latest posts