What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

experiences regarding "The Herx Heimer effect/reaction" in relation to CBD dosing.

Maple_Flail

experiences regarding "The Herx Heimer effect/reaction" in relation to CBD dosing.

SO an interesting question was brought up to me recently.

Can CBD cause headaches and chills.

my initial thought was, well that seems a little contradictory to what I understand CBD isolate to do to a person.
however upon further investigation this seems to be a thing. Mainly it seems with CBD there is occurrences of Herxheimer effect

for those unaware. this is an excerpt from Wikipedia

A Jarisch–Herxheimer reaction is a reaction to endotoxin-like products released by the death of harmful microorganisms within the body during antibiotic treatment. Efficacious antimicrobial therapy results in lysis (destruction) of bacterial cell membranes, and in the consequent release into the bloodstream of bacterial toxins, resulting in a systemic inflammatory response.

So, I guess this is where the phrase "its going to get worse before it gets better comes from.", so this does not seem like an inherently bad thing. Just Uncomfortable.

my google-fu tells me that Akla-seltzer can help relieve the discomfort. There is next to nothing on THC helping or hindering this matter.

Does anyone have any experiances that are similar to this? does/did thc help the matter or make the matter worse?

Cheers

radioman

Well I'm new to taking the CBD Tincture (1000 mg Isolate). I thought I would try it for Pain Relief as I already use the Cream. Anyway I usually use it twice a day, a half dropper. I always smoke a bunch of weed first. My experience is - If I use too much CBD, I get a headache. The half dropper is about right. However, I'm not going to buy anymore of the current CBD Isolate Tincture again. I don't like the mint taste. I have already purchased a new bottle of Full Spectrum Tincture (not mint flavored). Last Fall, one of the Hemp companies here in Vermont - were giving away the Broad Spectrum Tincture but I didn't get the Pain Relief that I was expecting. The Cream they sold Me was top notch & I have been using it ever since...

Latest posts

Latest posts