What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

San Diegos Finest Cuts #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Has anyone seen a small translucent mite that seems to feed predominantely on pitils vs leaves?

I've started a thread over at the infirmary if anyone has any thoughts.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4860604#post4860604

Hey GT - are you sure you're not seeing thrips?

Wikipedia (though the images are just terrible)

PrivetThrip.jpg

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
DUD phenom?

DUD phenom?

Alrighty...I don't want to be alarmist and I may be grasping at straws here but I am wondering if I found a cause for the Dud phenom. I haven't officially experienced the issue myself so I'm not sure what I'm seeing on mine is what everyone else is calling "Dud".

I'm 3 weeks in to 12/12 and I noticed my bud development was stunted and my pistils had browned. That sounds like what other described to me as Dud...

Kinda by accident I looked at one of the under developed buds with my 30x hand lens and realized i had some tiny mites sucking on my pistils & surrounding area.

These mites are invisible to the naked eye, do not leave webbing, do not cause stippling ( at least at the levels I see), and are almost entirely found in fully exposed bud sites ( vs. the undersides of leaves low in the canopy).

My question is...has anyone inspected their Dud buds with a microscope?

praisehim.

Veteran
^^ Ive had two runs of duds this year, back to back. Checked everything, and never had any critters of any sort. Also, i never had browning pistils. Everything looked perfect, but the end result was garbage,lol. Now im running new cuts, and the only difference is ALOT of added resin and smell, which is my main goal. :)
everything was grown in the same room btw. I dont think you have "dud bugs" but i sure as heck would like to know what you've got...

G

GOOROO

sounds like russet mites buddy.

Sure hope not for your sake but its def a possibility

Grow Tech

Veteran
^^ Ive had two runs of duds this year, back to back. Checked everything, and never had any critters of any sort. Also, i never had browning pistils. Everything looked perfect, but the end result was garbage,lol. Now im running new cuts, and the only difference is ALOT of added resin and smell, which is my main goal. :)
everything was grown in the same room btw. I dont think you have "dud bugs" but i sure as heck would like to know what you've got...
Hey Praise
Thanks for the input! Almost positive I have broadmites or their cousin cyclamen mites. Sadly floramite, azamax/azatrol & pyrethrum type spray aren't effective. I'll be goin into biological, cultural & chemical controls in the thread I started in the infirmary.

Grow Tech

Veteran
Nice Humble!

Can any of my SDF homies point me in the right direction to get some Forbid ( preferably less than $200 worth)? I wont be using it on my girls currently in bloom but need it in my arsenal. PM me

K1ndBudz

every time I peek in here, I find myself shaking my hand and saying "BAAMMMM!!" like jacob collins.

killin it down there as always.

S

Shan Diego

Sour Dubble Vs. DubTech

@5 Weeks, same room, same feed

I'm leaning towards the dubtech

I'll say...wowza fella, very impressive. It looks like you put the sour double on a constant drip IV of steroids and Herbagra...you should be proud.

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
:yeahthats

Amazing. Such Alien-ish spears. Yield, bag appeal & ..if she smells like i imagine that's a winner there.

It's kind of sad how it is making the Sour Dub look.

S

Shan Diego

:yeahthats

Amazing. Such Alien-ish spears. Yield, bag appeal & ..if she smells like i imagine that's a winner there.

It's kind of sad how it is making the Sour Dub look.

True, it is sad, but all great legends eventually do down...remember when Chuck Liddell got knocked out...again and again...sad, but don't reach for the Kleenex, reach for the champagne and celebrate bigger better faster stronger. Happy New Years, bitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.