What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hash Oil Cures Cancer!

MrDude

Could not change my post.

Cannabinoids and cancer: pros and cons of an antitumour strategy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1617062/

There is mixed evidence on the effects of cannabinoids on cancer: in vitro and in vivo studies and clinical data showed both antineoplastic and protumoral activity, depending on type of agonist, target tissues, route of administration, doses and duration of the treatment.

jamminman

The BIG problem is here that there is a BIG difference between synthetic marijuana and the real thing. All these kinds of studies shows is that synthetics function similar at best, and not the same in reality. They prove that synthetics SUCK! It has also become very clear that a combination of cannabinoids and other components of hash oil work best together. When you (they) try to take out and isolate (synthesize) one and leave the rest, things don't work the same. I understand though, from a business point of view why they keep trying to take apart and market each component, you end up having to buy them all to make it work and for MUCH more than it would have cost to buy the whole thing in the first damn place. They guess at the growing tumors, how do they get that I don't see. If the synthetic d9THC isn't stopping the tumor, how do they figure it grew more than no treatment. Like I said, while the "findings" may be true, it is still misinformation about cannabis and more information about pharmaceutical alternatives to natural medicines, and has very little to do with hash oil.

MrDude

I know they are not the same because thes is diffrent in pharmacological activity in some synthethic vs natural cannabinoids, entourage effects etc. Activating ore over expression of epidermal growth factor receptor is one thing that makes cells resist to PCD and inducing proliferative, so thats one thing one can looka at and see tumor growth. And i dont synthesize ore anything, dont work with it. I have just read about cannabinoids, endocannabinoid system for probably 20 years, and of course cancer. And also remember, those so called cancer cells, it is only a minority of cell types in a tumor, the other ones are also for healing process in the body. Have not yet to seen any study/autopsy in a tumor that shows more than 40% (cancer) cells. As long as you do not test every plant you use, one can never be sure really what one is getting. And for example, if it´s a tumor (wound) that´s is linked to virus, it can also make it worse because some cannabinoids like THC is immune suppressing, and when you have an infection, using cannabinoids can make it far more worse. Although cannabinoids promote epithelial wound healing. So i dont think it´s missinformation.
And sorry for my English, but i am Swedish.

jamminman

And for example, if it´s a tumor (wound) that´s is linked to virus, it can also make it worse because some cannabinoids like THC is immune suppressing, and when you have an infection, using cannabinoids can make it far more worse. Although cannabinoids promote epithelial wound healing. So i dont think it´s missinformation.
And sorry for my English, but i am Swedish.
Your English is great, I couldn't tell. The thing to keep in mind when reviewing a study is that method and conclusion are filtered through a mind or minds that tend to lean toward the funding "attitude". As far as immune suppressing, chemo is and natural THC and THCA are not. Again, the only ones saying that is the ones who inject isolated, separated, altered and sometimes synthetic (in the case of THC always) versions of components. Like a spoiled child who picks off all the pepperoni and won't eat the pizza, or plucks the meat out of the dish and avoids the veggies and says that the meal will cause malnutrition. Proving that the substitutes often have an opposite effect of the original. Testing each plant would be no bigger deal than the testing that is involved in separating and synthesizing and in fact much less. Testing the mother is all that is really necessary though, and random testing for monitoring.

MrDude

The Journal of the American Medical Association, April 16, 2003, 29 cannabis smokers had fewer NK cells and lymphocytes, enhanced levels of interleukin 10, compared to non smokers. And thats bad for infection. And interleukin 10 can also enhance proliferation. And proliferation (cancer growth) produce more interleukin 1 beta, which trigger myeloid derived suppressor cells, (known to be increased in cancer patients) which suppress immune function. And MDSC suppress NK, NKT, CD4 cells for example. MDSC is massive uppregulated by cannabinoid receptors 1 (THC), and by pro inflammatory cytokines. And this way it have huge immune supressing activity. Are they uppregulated by CBD through TRPV1 vanilloid receptors, they inhibit inflammation etc. Different paths can produce different cytokine profiles. Cannabinoids regulate anyway almost everything in our bodies (normaly), so tapping in to the endocannabinoid system with pot have diffrent activity depending on what, when, how long, route. Dont get my wrong, i my self smoke, and want more of this to be used as medicin. But it can in some ways make it worse.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
The Journal of the American Medical Association, April 16, 2003, 29 cannabis smokers had fewer NK cells and lymphocytes, enhanced levels of interleukin 10, compared to non smokers. And thats bad for infection. And interleukin 10 can also enhance proliferation. And proliferation (cancer growth) produce more interleukin 1 beta, which trigger myeloid derived suppressor cells, (known to be increased in cancer patients) which suppress immune function. And MDSC suppress NK, NKT, CD4 cells for example. MDSC is massive uppregulated by cannabinoid receptors 1 (THC), and by pro inflammatory cytokines. And this way it have huge immune supressing activity. Are they uppregulated by CBD through TRPV1 vanilloid receptors, they inhibit inflammation etc. Different paths can produce different cytokine profiles. Cannabinoids regulate anyway almost everything in our bodies (normaly), so tapping in to the endocannabinoid system with pot have diffrent activity depending on what, when, how long, route. Dont get my wrong, i my self smoke, and want more of this to be used as medicin. But it can in some ways make it worse.
You really need to take into consideration of how appalling the qa is for most of these 'studies'.

The general public is grossly ignorant of contaminants in nearly every form. Because of this, nearly none of these 'variables' are taken into consideration in these studies. At most... the 'evidence' given by the patients is anecdotal and mostly restricted to their 'knowledge' level of cannabis and their use of it.... pretty thin, at best.

When the medical community can approach cannabis 'testing' with a solid background in 'cannabis' itself.... then I'll really start to pay attention to studies 'in general'. Until then it's a crapshoot.

IMO... Strains with full cannabinoid profiles (not all this in-bred and super-thc crap)... that include a good CBD level, are going to pull ahead as the most medicinal in nature. Sativas for in the body... Indicas for outside the body.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

MrDude

Aside from what I mentioned about cannabis/cannabinoids and NK cells and lymphocytes, the rest is all about old science about how the body works in molecular biology and biochemistry. As I have been training/schooled for 21 years ago. And again, Sorry for my English,
But i am Swedish.

jamminman

If "old science" means the same BS studies that give us mis-info like THC causing testicular cancer and week immune systems because they find that many of them have smoked pot, then you are in the dark. Or the idiots that proved that THC asphyxiates monkeys!!! If they aren't knuckleheads or "dupes", they are agents of deception. Check this out http://youtu.be/swojBQoCEhM

OhighO

Could not change my post.

Cannabinoids and cancer: pros and cons of an antitumour strategy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1617062/

There is mixed evidence on the effects of cannabinoids on cancer: in vitro and in vivo studies and clinical data showed both antineoplastic and protumoral activity, depending on type of agonist, target tissues, route of administration, doses and duration of the treatment.

.gov

nuff said

MrDude

If "old science" means the same BS studies that give us mis-info like THC causing testicular cancer and week immune systems because they find that many of them have smoked pot, then you are in the dark. Or the idiots that proved that THC asphyxiates monkeys!!! If they aren't knuckleheads or "dupes", they are agents of deception. Check this out http://youtu.be/swojBQoCEhM

I know about the monkeys. And if someone have asphyxia, then cannabinoids are good for you through CB1 independent and CB1 dependent mechanisms. And there is no causation between cannabis and testicular cancer when adjusting for several confounders in the studies. And if you still dont belive about cannabis and immune respond, find out for your self how cannabinoids can be good for autoimmune diseases, apart from the anti inflammatory properties.

.gov

nuff said

Then you can not believe in any of the studies that showing anti cancer properties there either. If you do, that would be double standard.

jamminman

Water can be useful for quenching thirst and can rehydrate you. It can also go into the lungs and cause drowning, thus compromising the immune system. So, if water is immune suppressing, you should avoid it if you are fighting cancer.
Maybe it is the language difference, something lost in translation. Sounds like "doublespeak", talking in circles, or I just don't understand what you are trying to say? You say "suppress immune function" and then "good for autoimmune diseases", as you state it can have both pro and anti inflammatory properties. Which shows it can "regulate"but you make conclusions based on one side. "when you have an infection, using cannabinoids can make it far more worse. Although cannabinoids promote epithelial wound healing." You argue like an agenda driven scientist led by incentive or ignorance. I do hope you at least know (in real world application) that histamic reaction and other inflammatory response is a normal healthy part of autoimmune function.
If your mechanic told you they were seeing many red cars coming in with little tread left on the rear tires so don't paint your car red or it would ruin the tread on your car, would you still go to him? I would interpret the data a bit differently. I would conclude that first more study needs to pinpoint the actual problem but I suspect that people that like to "hot rod" are drawn to "fast" flashy colors like red. Come to find out they have a distributer that is trying to push blue paint.

jamminman

I do understand though, it is scary to think out side the box. You may not be invited (hired) back into the coral again ;)

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I found the following quote from BadKat...

Common kitchen cooking oils such as olive, corn, canola and soy should be avoided, due to their long-chain

triglyceride content, UNLESS you are one of the very rare people with a liver that consistently over-metabolizes

cannabinoids. In this case I would suggest using either olive, grapeseed (low temps only), or sesame oils, because long-chain

cooking oils promote lymphatic absorption, meaning they almost entirely bypass the liver all together.

If someone has cancer spreading to their lymph nodes would it be advisable to use longer chain oils based on the above information?

HGO

MrDude

Water can be useful for quenching thirst and can rehydrate you. It can also go into the lungs and cause drowning, thus compromising the immune system. So, if water is immune suppressing, you should avoid it if you are fighting cancer.
Maybe it is the language difference, something lost in translation. Sounds like "doublespeak", talking in circles, or I just don't understand what you are trying to say? You say "suppress immune function" and then "good for autoimmune diseases", as you state it can have both pro and anti inflammatory properties. Which shows it can "regulate"but you make conclusions based on one side. "when you have an infection, using cannabinoids can make it far more worse. Although cannabinoids promote epithelial wound healing." You argue like an agenda driven scientist led by incentive or ignorance. I do hope you at least know (in real world application) that histamic reaction and other inflammatory response is a normal healthy part of autoimmune function.
If your mechanic told you they were seeing many red cars coming in with little tread left on the rear tires so don't paint your car red or it would ruin the tread on your car, would you still go to him? I would interpret the data a bit differently. I would conclude that first more study needs to pinpoint the actual problem but I suspect that people that like to "hot rod" are drawn to "fast" flashy colors like red. Come to find out they have a distributer that is trying to push blue paint.

It doesn't matter how your innate ore adaptive immune system is, if it's in anti inflammatory ore pro inflammatory state, water can still cause drowning, and that has nothing to do with your immune system, compromised or not. In autoimmune diseases, your immune system is inappropriate and attack your own cells, and it is treated with immune supressing medication, thats one thing cannabis is good for in those diseases, and in organ transplantation etc. Your immunesystem can be in either pro or anti inflammatory respond, depending on the cytokine profile. And your immune system is regulated and modulated by cannabinoids. And diffrent systems (in your immunesystem) do diffrent things. You dont know much about this, if you knew it would be very clear for you. So read and learn about it. And what researcher or labs the tests have been made in make less to me, how the tests have been done makes more point to me, and can they be replicated. Why do you think that cannabinoids can help in autoimmune diseases, or how it can be helpful in organ transplantation?
And what you think does not matter, it's a well known fact that cannabinoids can supress immune function. It's a bit like Carl Sagan says, You can't convince a believer of anything, for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe.

jamminman

So your conclusion is that cannabis oil is good for transplants and AIDS, but will cause cancerous tumors to grow and make infections worse?
By the way I was a Naturopathic PA for a while, and was being facetious about the water and the paint to illustrate the silliness of some of the conclusions and how they are arrived at.

MrDude

So your conclusion is that cannabis oil is good for transplants and AIDS, but will cause cancerous tumors to grow and make infections worse?
By the way I was a Naturopathic PA for a while, and was being facetious about the water and the paint to illustrate the silliness of some of the conclusions and how they are arrived at.

They can be good for organ transplant due to their immunosuppressive properties, there´s more to read about it, on many other pages to.

Do Cannabinoids have a therapeutic role in transplantation?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2923447/

And i never mentioned AIDS. But if i did get HIV, i would take it out as they have done in several studies both in vivo, in vitro and human studies. And i also said it could make it worse. That does not mean it necessarily needs to do it, the underlying cause of the tumor plays a major role, among other things. And yes, it can make viral infections worse.

Cannabinoids and Viral Infections

In all other virus infections, both in vitro and in vivo, cannabinoid treatment led to disease progression, increased pathology, and sometimes to host death.

And people think almost exclusively on reducing the tumor size, without thinking so much about the cause of it. If they only want to reduce the size, there are many things to do.

i read the report from spain 20 yrs of research yes thc oil does kill cancer cells as well as some strains stop new or existing cell growth also we use a lakota indian black salve or bone medicine it is made from herbs blood root a chinese herb and turkey rub root and zinc kills cancer cells and tumors

Last edited:

danut

They can be good for organ transplant due to their immunosuppressive properties, there´s more to read about it, on many other pages to.

Do Cannabinoids have a therapeutic role in transplantation?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2923447/

And i never mentioned AIDS. But if i did get HIV, i would take it out as they have done in several studies both in vivo, in vitro and human studies. And i also said it could make it worse. That does not mean it necessarily needs to do it, the underlying cause of the tumor plays a major role, among other things. And yes, it can make viral infections worse.

Cannabinoids and Viral Infections

In all other virus infections, both in vitro and in vivo, cannabinoid treatment led to disease progression, increased pathology, and sometimes to host death.

And people think almost exclusively on reducing the tumor size, without thinking so much about the cause of it. If they only want to reduce the size, there are many things to do.

Interesting stuff.

I remember reading about dose .. that in some cases the administration of THC could cause a cancer to become more aggressive. About the dose of the smallest Marinol caplet they can prescribe. But that reversed when you began to hit the therapeutic dose levels ~ 1000 mg/day.

Is there indication that virus effects could be a dose related thing also?

Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Latest posts