What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Keto/Low-carb Recipes Collection

Cuddles

So I´ve been looking up autumn/winter veggies and I´m determined to really eat more cabbage and other healthy foods this year (had savoy today).
We always get turnips in the shops but in the past I´ve kind of avoided them for some reason.
I did some reading and found out that turnips aren´t as high carb as I had always thought, in fact it´s considered low carb and I think it can make an alternative to regular potatoes.
And even better: besides being healthy,they´re just as low cost as cabbage . yay
If my tastebuds (or bad cooking experiments) don´t get in the way, I´m in for a relatively healthy winter and maybe I´ll even manage to loose some more weight ;) :biggrin:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Thx for the tip. I like to eat cabbage roasted with eggs. Makes the eggs more filling and i really enjoy the taste of golden roasted cabbage.
If u can get try kohlrabi aka turnip cabbage(Brassica oleracea gongylodes). One of my favourite veggies. Most of the time i eat it raw then it taste a little spicy. But when cooked it gets a nice sweet taste.

Cuddles

I love kohlrabi raw or cooked. It´s kinda pricey over here though, not sure why. I´ve come up with a turnip recipe I would really like to try out. Not sure if they´re being harvested in our part of the world yet, I think it starts in october :)

Cuddles

I really want to make my own kim-chi soon and started looking at recipes - really healthy and fairly inexpensive, and it´s keto too :)
Not to mention the fact that it keeps you warm inside ;)

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I posted a good recipes for kimchi here. Maybe dial the glutinous rice flour down a little for as less carbs as possible.

Cuddles

I posted a good recipes for kimchi here. Maybe dial the glutinous rice flour down a little for as less carbs as possible.

thanks. I had no intention of using flour, in fact I´ve never heard of it being done before. Mind you I´ve not experimented with kim chi before, although I grew up eating the stuff :)
And I do like kimchi soup during the winter - I mean if THAT doesn´t warm you up again you need to check your pulse... :biggrin:
I really think it´s time I made my own. I´m gonna try to give it a bit of a sweet as well as spicy flavour.

sajesak

So I´ve been looking up autumn/winter veggies and I´m determined to really eat more cabbage and other healthy foods this year (had savoy today).
We always get turnips in the shops but in the past I´ve kind of avoided them for some reason.
I did some reading and found out that turnips aren´t as high carb as I had always thought, in fact it´s considered low carb and I think it can make an alternative to regular potatoes.
And even better: besides being healthy,they´re just as low cost as cabbage . yay
If my tastebuds (or bad cooking experiments) don´t get in the way, I´m in for a relatively healthy winter and maybe I´ll even manage to loose some more weight ;) :biggrin:
I have recently turned vegan after long time vegetarian. One thing I noticed is less inflammation.

Anyway, I have recently been trying a keto diet and it is somewhat unfeasible to have only 5% carbs and 80% fat on a long term vegan diet unless you really don't care about how your food tastes. I have found though that I can do 20% net carbs and 65% fat on a diet where I am getting all my micronutrients with little supplementation. This does seem to satisfy some definitions of keto.

So, I started this thread under recipes as I hoped to meet others doing this diet and share recipes that assist with keto on here. The search didn't have any results for keto so it may be the first.

I saw recipes in earlier recipes for tahini dressing and hummus which I am including in my diet. Thanks to the poster.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I have recently turned vegan after long time vegetarian. One thing I noticed is less inflammation.

Anyway, I have recently been trying a keto diet and it is somewhat unfeasible to have only 5% carbs and 80% fat on a long term vegan diet unless you really don't care about how your food tastes. I have found though that I can do 20% net carbs and 65% fat on a diet where I am getting all my micronutrients with little supplementation. This does seem to satisfy some definitions of keto.

So, I started this thread under recipes as I hoped to meet others doing this diet and share recipes that assist with keto on here. The search didn't have any results for keto so it may be the first.

I saw recipes in earlier recipes for tahini dressing and hummus which I am including in my diet. Thanks to the poster.
Never tried vegan keto but imo with tofu, low carb veggies and good vegetable oils there should be some nice dishes doable. But i get it thats not a diet only some dishes.

Now i have more carbs incorporated in my diet because i noticed more energy in the gym. Most of the time i eat 100g rice and 100g oats a day.

Hmong

Veteran
No your body also needs carbs to be work best.

this society is so pussified at this point, I just can't hear it any longer.
It's just a diet!

ever been to prison? tell them about what a body "needs"

Just saying, once shit hits the fan.
Those of us who always ate their steak, will eat those who didn't.

enjoy your extra carbs bitch, I see you there.

PS: just fucking with ya'll, I'm hardcore fitness and a madman, certified and all.
People pay me to train them, which means I just insult them for being weak and always having excuses.
There is no better feeling in the world than telling a male client to his face, that he is a little bitch for what he just said and them not being able to do shit about it, because of respect for walking the walk and real intimidation.

Never call the girls fat though, they always cry for some reason, had to learn that the hard way.
Yaaas Queen, youu're gorgeous, is what gets you the dough...

I fucking hate this society, really who will save us?
We should kill everything off and repopulate with only specimen of each sex.
Myself I have to go to, being part Irish the ginger just breeds too strong repressively.
You don't wanna have the speckles and teeth thing going on again, after just 3 generations in.

What's your goal with the Diet? @chilliwilli

^^

Cuddles

I eat loads of salad almost every day. I make a batch of vinaigrette and keep it in a jar in the fridge.
For carbs I try mostly stick to potaoes these days. Roasted potatoes with a little salt and pepper, or rosemary or parsley (when the potatoes are already done -just sprinkle on top :) )

I like to keep food prep as simple as possible. ;)

There is a brokkoli recipe with soy sauce which I haven´t made in ages. I´ll post it when I remember it :)

chilliwilli

Waterboy
this society is so pussified at this point, I just can't hear it any longer.
It's just a diet!

ever been to prison? tell them about what a body "needs"

Just saying, once shit hits the fan.
Those of us who always ate their steak, will eat those who didn't.

enjoy your extra carbs bitch, I see you there.

PS: just fucking with ya'll, I'm hardcore fitness and a madman, certified and all.
People pay me to train them, which means I just insult them for being weak and always having excuses.
There is no better feeling in the world than telling a male client to his face, that he is a little bitch for what he just said and them not being able to do shit about it, because of respect for walking the walk and real intimidation.

Never call the girls fat though, they always cry for some reason, had to learn that the hard way.
Yaaas Queen, youu're gorgeous, is what gets you the dough...

I fucking hate this society, really who will save us?
We should kill everything off and repopulate with only specimen of each sex.
Myself I have to go to, being part Irish the ginger just breeds too strong repressively.
You don't wanna have the speckles and teeth thing going on again, after just 3 generations in.

What's your goal with the Diet? @chilliwilli

^^
Your way of posting here on icmag really underlines your personality. Let me quess daddy was an abusive asshole that always kept you down and because of that you never developed an other way to feel confidence other than beeing a derogative scumbag.
But you don't have the balls stand up to it because your are "just fucking with ya'll"

Hmong

Veteran
sorry I can't give you recipes/foods without info on your specific goals and all you provided was an excuse why you can't do something.

As I said, people pay for that info I would have gladly provided you with.

Yes, my ego is humongous, but I also have to body of work to show, be it fitness, growing or the money game.

No reason to start a war, just because your's is tiny and fragile.
I tried to point out how ridiculous we've become as a whole, all those excuses and going off on people who try to give genuine advice.

you don't have the balls stand up to it

I tried to deflect, because I knew you're a snowflake, by your style also
it goes both ways, guess what?

Let me quess daddy was an abusive asshole that always kept you down and because of that you never developed an other way to feel confidence other than beeing a derogative scumbag.

No!
It was my mother who was like that, she crushed that fool...

Cuddles

I looked into it and even tried keto some years ago. I found a book at the time that is called: The complete guide to a high fat diet- the keto diet, by Leanne Vogel.
I downloaded it somewhere for cheap. It´s possible that I even got it for free at one of those free pdf book sites, I´m not sure anymore. But if I did pay, I think it was only .99 cents or so. It´s got 1000+ pages
Anyway, the book has recipes too so certainly worth checking out if you don´t have it already :)

Last edited: