What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

moose eater

coriander ?!?! Now I´m glad I couldn´t have any, lol.
Btw it´s good to hear that you´re feeling better and that you´re out and about again, doing more enjoyable stuff :)

Thanks.

Yep, coriander is a fairly common ingredient in sausage and meat prep, much to my surprise a few year ago. More subtle in flavor in many recipes.

Walking with a mere rifle, sidearm and limited gear was more tiring than expected, but the months of inactivity last year added up. That said, by day-2, I was feeling less physical stress from climbing into tree stands, or hiking the limited trails back into the off-the-beaten-path locations.

Now I've got a bit of a boost in energy in general, so we're aiming to do a fuel oil run today, as well as maybe 'sistering' up some posts in the barn loft to try and hang 4 headers (2 front and 2 behind the 16' upright posts) to support the splicing location of the headers for the rafters on the addition I built the post & beam framework for a bunch of years ago. Maybe even run some rafters in the near future, seeing as how lumber prices are finally down from the insanity they were charging for lumber a few months ago.

Looking up classic Irish recipes this morning, to continue familiarizing myself & my family with the cuisine of the primary lineage in my roots. Found some pork pies that look pretty good (though not vegan), and some lamb stew, as well. And a rutabaga pie that looks similar to our pasties in construction, but in a 9" round pie configuration, rather than the hand-held moose/beef/venison pasties that go back to the fare of the average Cornish copper miners in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan 100 years ago.

Onward to the posts and headers and the fuel oil trailer. I figure if I'm 'headed out', I may as well not leave too many tasks for those who inherit this place. There'll be plenty of maintenance to go around as it is; windows, flooring, interior paint.. All the stuff that makes owning a home so much 'fun'. ;^>).

moose eater

Colcannon potatoes; an Irish dish we dug up this morning. Boiled spuds, then separately cooked 3 chopped cups of (purple) cabbage in 6 TBSP of butter, then when the cabbage was cooked, added 1 cup of our fresh garden chives, and cooked it in the butter with the cabbage for another minute, then added a cup of cream and added the boiled spuds, mashing it al together, then added a bit of salt.|
I suspect that if anyone can make potatoes into a DELICACY, it'd be the Irish, eh?

Not vegan, though at least vegetarian, so not too far from the anti-cancer-diet's path.

Another recipe for the same dish had sprinkled crispy, crumbled bacon on top, but I'm trying to at least avoid class one carcinogens.

Tomorrow maybe we'll pursue the rutabaga pie recipe, or perhaps the pork mini-pies.

Edit: a friend's wife stopped by this afternoon, and turned us on to a a quart of wild Alaska blueberries in exchange for several sampler bags of of various types of our potatoes and some of our Scarlet Nantes carrots, so there's some keto blueberry muffins coming out of the oven as I type. "Life's tough in the North Country.. lemme' tell ya'." ;^>)

chakras

nothing

I brushed my teeth after eating half a beef shawarma and
some peach os

shawarma20sandiche.jpg

61WMB5QA3EL._SL500_AA280_.gif

and gonna go get myself a bottle of water to have next to my bed

116183-NAYAlarge.jpg

---

for supper I had

rice, slices of pork, carrots, celery and salad
wasn't bad

Looks yummy! Don't forget to brush!

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Pig liver, bacon, eggs and a big french mushroom. I’m basically a carnivore but I do graze on greens and berries too.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
stoned n hungry scrolling through these pics got me salivating but im to damn lazy to cook bout to slide a frozen pizza in oven

Cuddles

made some baguette the other day, with a nice camembert and a glass of red :) very nice

today, poultry with mushroom sauce and rice

armedoldhippy

Veteran
wife made chicken noodle soup, and a 2 layer chocolate cake tonight. not a damn thing i am SUPPOSED to eat, but it was delicious...

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
sounds delicious hippy especially the cake part. i had scrambled eggs and spam quick and easy. man i need a wifey to cook me dank meals

armedoldhippy

Veteran
sounds delicious hippy especially the cake part. i had scrambled eggs and spam quick and easy. man i need a wifey to cook me dank meals

i wouldn't get married for the food, lol...for quick & easy i go with the eggs & corned beef hash. shit has got to be terrible for you, but it's fast, hot, and good on buttered toast.

Akss

Venison backstrap pan fried in bacon grease with a side of brussel sprouts...oh yeah and some blueberries and cream for desert..