What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Green Squall

NICE, Akss! I like all the trash fish around here, whether it be pollock, hake, cusk, whiting, whatever...They're a bargain and taste just as good as the more expensive fish if you prepare it properly.

troutman - I'm fond of surimi as well. It might be a frankenstein food, but its versatile and tastes good.

rod58

This .. prime rib eye , seared , then into the hot oven for a short time ... bit of salad and full as a goog ! my birthday so a bit of indulgence ..
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Tonight I will be eating honey garlic shrimp on egg noodles and sweet corn followed with a nice walnut brownie and of course some fine indica hybrid buds grown lovingly in my backyard and a cold beer.

minds_I

rod58

sunday morning here and up before the birds to water the garden , then into the cookhouse for eggs on a plate of baked beans plus some toasted sourdough ...with coffee !☺

Cuddles

I´ve been gifted some nice asparagus this week - had some yesterday and I´m cooking the last few with potatoes, sauce hollandaise...

rod58

I´ve been gifted some nice asparagus this week - had some yesterday and I´m cooking the last few with potatoes, sauce hollandaise...

i love asparagus cuddles , how do you cook them ? i have nearly 30 crowns in and we put them in a pan with very hot olive oil for just 30 seconds and then squeeze lemon juice over them .. bloody delicious ! just had smoked herring fillets on toasted sourdough with a very light drizzle of homemade tomato sauce and white pepper ..

Cuddles

i love asparagus cuddles , how do you cook them ? i have nearly 30 crowns in and we put them in a pan with very hot olive oil for just 30 seconds and then squeeze lemon juice over them .. bloody delicious ! just had smoked herring fillets on toasted sourdough with a very light drizzle of homemade tomato sauce and white pepper ..

I´ve never prepared aparagus that way.
did you have white or green? mine was white so you just peel it (not the heads of course) cook it in water till they´re done and just eat them with whaterver - hot butter, smoked ham, sauce, potatoes, maybe even some fish etc.
I cooked the remains - the peels and the bottoms with water to make a broth and save it for making asparagus soup.

Cuddles

Sweet potatoe fries - I bought a small bag of these last week but haven´t tried them yet. what´s the best way to season and eat them? mayo, a dip of some kind?

I once made them from scratch and I wasn´t impressed with them.

rod58

mainly green ones cuddles , though i bought a big pot of purple ones from the markets recently . i found a whole heap of advanced crowns up a creek line last year and dug them up . what a mission digging those ! obviously the birds just love eating the seeds and then crap them out all over the place .
just had homemade bacon ad a egg with toasted sourdough . was good !

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Mie goreng instant noodles (using all of the packets so it has heat). Topped with a sunny side up egg. Served with fried & steamed pork dumplings with a homemade dipping sauce.

It was all very good. And nicely different . . . :rasta:

Cuddles

Well I´ve been gifted some more asparagus along with smoked ham , yum, yum. Right now I´m cooking the peels for broth to make a nice asparagus soup. Minced beef is still defrosting... I just wished I´d saved a few more of those white things for the soup, hehe :)

rod58

man ! just had lamb shanks cooked since midday in the slow cooker , plus spuds , carrot , onions and button mushrooms ....was almost orgasmic !

Cuddles

I had an Almased shake for lunch and I´m still a little full. Might have some beef with veggies later on.

rod58

pea and ham soup that was made several days ago with lots of finely chopped celery leaves sprinkled on top and also toasted sourdough ..was much good . a few glasses of chivas and dry ginger ..with ice !

Latest posts

Latest posts