What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
2 beef tenderloin medallions seasoned with montreal steak spice and steamed asparagus with butter and fresh black pepper.

Green Squall

Well Moose, if there is indeed a supreme deity, it can go fuck itself because I hit the genetic lottery, which has turned my culinary life into a sad affair! Not complaining though, it is what it is. It's just ironic that the healthiest foods can be scary because they are hard to digest. Also, fuck cancer, its no stranger in my family. I don't know your details, but I'm sure you'll overcome it.

Not as much experience here with venison as you have, but no doubt its in my top 3 favorite meats and I'm going back to buy more. Elk is another one I've wanted to try and have looked online for suppliers. There's no shortage of companies online selling every meat you can think of. One of these days I'll upgrade from fishing to hunting. Ahh I'm hungry now. Only chicken in the fridge tonight, but I'm going to make a trip into town tomorrow to the mobile fish truck to see what they have. I usually stick with local fish, but would be lying if I said I didn't totally dig the Faroe Island Salmon. Usually farmed salmon is a big no-no, but these guys do it right.

Eat well, be well, folks.

G

Well Moose, if there is indeed a supreme deity, it can go fuck itself because I hit the genetic lottery, which has turned my culinary life into a sad affair! Not complaining though, it is what it is. It's just ironic that the healthiest foods can be scary because they are hard to digest. Also, fuck cancer, its no stranger in my family. I don't know your details, but I'm sure you'll overcome it.

Not as much experience here with venison as you have, but no doubt its in my top 3 favorite meats and I'm going back to buy more. Elk is another one I've wanted to try and have looked online for suppliers. There's no shortage of companies online selling every meat you can think of. One of these days I'll upgrade from fishing to hunting. Ahh I'm hungry now. Only chicken in the fridge tonight, but I'm going to make a trip into town tomorrow to the mobile fish truck to see what they have. I usually stick with local fish, but would be lying if I said I didn't totally dig the Faroe Island Salmon. Usually farmed salmon is a big no-no, but these guys do it right.

Eat well, be well, folks.

Yeah, I have an aggressive critter thinking it owns real estate in me. We're working on sending it a telegram it can understand more clearly. We'll see what happens, 'squall.

Cancer, and many of life's presences, tells me some times that it is not completely out of the realm pf possibility that God and Murphy -may- be the same dude!! They at least, sometimes, share the same or similar twisted sense of humor

Anyway, as a matter of treatment, as well as culinary torture (not originally, but it's come to represent that now), I had yet a third bunch of broccoli sprouts for the day, and in defiance of the meat protein & in momentary solidarity with the Grim Reaper, I ate a solid third of a smoked turkey wing. Fuck cancer. Yay turkey and smokers. :biggrin:

Another seltzer water, some RO H20, a rest, more medical paper work, and chores in the shop.

shithawk420

Veteran
There's mobile fish trucks? Fuck the Midwest sucks. I thought it was illegal to sell game or are this venison farm raised? Would like to try elk.

Hang in there moose.i have confidence you'll beat this thing.sorry if you explained it but what do you mean when you say broccoli sprouts? sprouts from seeds? Sorry for the dumb questions.been up a couple days

G

There's mobile fish trucks? Fuck the Midwest sucks. I thought it was illegal to sell game or are this venison farm raised? Would like to try elk.

Hang in there moose.i have confidence you'll beat this thing.sorry if you explained it but what do you mean when you say broccoli sprouts? sprouts from seeds? Sorry for the dumb questions.been up a couple days
Hey 'hawk,

Broccoli sprouts are similar in concept to alfalfa sprouts that we used to use on sandwiches, salads, etc.

In the case of these specific broccoli sprouts, I only recently became familiar with them, as a result of yesum, here at the forums, sharing a link in my prostate cancer thread, accompanied by 1 or more links.

Turned out, broccoli seeds used for sprouting are rarely the same strains or hybrids of broccoli that we plant in our gardens. I've been told by folks who are supposed to know, that if I were to plant my sprouting broccoli in the garden, I've be very disappointed. I'm told they grow ugly plants, with tiny heads, as they are grown specifically for the sprouting seeds.

So, that technicality done with, look up 'sulforaphane', broccoli sprouts, cancer, etc.

Well, hawk, being a skeptic, cynic, sometimes uncertain about many things, and more, my wife and I researched yesum's links, and found...

Broccoli sprouts and sulforaphane are not merely obscure mentions in some unimpressive sources. We found corroborating mentions in WebMD, HealthLine, etc., on-line.

Good stuff. And it's been known to treat cancers, lower A1C for some persons with type II diabetes, etc., etc.

Check it out. They're most effective raw, chewed thoroughly, and the Healthline article stated it can be aided or boosted in activation (the sulforphane) by adding some yellow mustard powder.

Unfortunately, cheese feeds cancer, because back when we were youthful hippie folk, we ate a fair amount of Orowheat Honey Wheat Berry bread, and we'd spread cream cheese on a slice, then add alfalfa sprouts, sweet onion, slices of sweet pepper, or what ever, and that was a relatively healthy lunch. But no more, or very seldom, will I indulge myself with cream cheese with my sprouts.

I've found they taste pretty darned good, raw, on top of a pate of Szechuan stir-fry.

"Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down..." :biggrin:

Time to eat some smoked almonds, then water plants, drink another 24 oz. of H2O.

And thanks for the discourse, 'hawk.

And I hope I beat this too, but whether it was dealing, smuggling, hunting, medical roll of the dice, spirituality, or what ever, as a realist, and as an Agnostic, knowing what I don't know has always had or should have been a rule.

And the truth is that when we find ourselves in less than clear paths, we don't know until we know. No matter how badly we might want to.

This thing may kill me. I think something almost did last night. But I'm still here for now, don't know if I'll beat it, or if there's a God that can hear us calling, or anything else that hasn't been revealed.

Watch the sleep and any other vices, if you're still struggling, 'hawk. You're a good guy. You ought to hang out a while longer, too..

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Hey 'hawk,

Broccoli sprouts are similar in concept to alfalfa sprouts that we used to use on sandwiches, salads, etc.

In the case of these specific broccoli sprouts, I only recently became familiar with them, as a result of yesum, here at the forums, sharing a link in my prostate cancer thread, accompanied by 1 or more links.

Turned out, broccoli seeds used for sprouting are rarely the same strains or hybrids of broccoli that we plant in our gardens. I've been told by folks who are supposed to know, that if I were to plant my sprouting broccoli in the garden, I've be very disappointed. I'm told they grow ugly plants, with tiny heads, as they are grown specifically for the sprouting seeds.

So, that technicality done with, look up 'sulforaphane', broccoli sprouts, cancer, etc.

Well, hawk, being a skeptic, cynic, sometimes uncertain about many things, and more, my wife and I researched yesum's links, and found...

Broccoli sprouts and sulforaphane are not merely obscure mentions in some unimpressive sources. We found corroborating mentions in WebMD, HealthLine, etc., on-line.

Good stuff. And it's been known to treat cancers, lower A1C for some persons with type II diabetes, etc., etc.

Check it out. They're most effective raw, chewed thoroughly, and the Healthline article stated it can be aided or boosted in activation (the sulforphane) by adding some yellow mustard powder.

Unfortunately, cheese feeds cancer, because back when we were youthful hippie folk, we ate a fair amount of Orowheat Honey Wheat Berry bread, and we'd spread cream cheese on a slice, then add alfalfa sprouts, sweet onion, slices of sweet pepper, or what ever, and that was a relatively healthy lunch. But no more, or very seldom, will I indulge myself with cream cheese with my sprouts.

I've found they taste pretty darned good, raw, on top of a pate of Szechuan stir-fry.

"Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down..." :biggrin:

Time to eat some smoked almonds, then water plants, drink another 24 oz. of H2O.

And thanks for the discourse, 'hawk.

And I hope I beat this too, but whether it was dealing, smuggling, hunting, medical roll of the dice, spirituality, or what ever, as a realist, and as an Agnostic, knowing what I don't know has always had or should have been a rule.

And the truth is that when we find ourselves in less than clear paths, we don't know until we know. No matter how badly we might want to.

This thing may kill me. I think something almost did last night. But I'm still here for now, don't know if I'll beat it, or if there's a God that can hear us calling, or anything else that hasn't been revealed.

Watch the sleep and any other vices, if you're still struggling, 'hawk. You're a good guy. You ought to hang out a while longer, too..

do what it takes, Moose. we are pulling for you. we need more level-headed folks like you on here...

Green Squall

When all of the restaurants shut down at the start of Covid, one of the seafood distributors started selling fish/lobster outside of their facility and it was so popular, they bought a huge RV style truck and started a drive through service.

And yeah, the deer is farm raised in New Zealand with no antibiotics or hormones. I'm not a hunter and my source of venison dried up, so it was a welcome find.

G

do what it takes, Moose. we are pulling for you. we need more level-headed folks like you on here...

Thanks hippy. I'm in a bit of a struggle currently. Things not going well at the moment.

More scans on Monday, and late Tuesday night I fly to Seattle for a consult with some of the better Seattle area folks, though the flight has me fairly nervous.

Lots of details, so I'll spare the forum..

But thank you for the encouragement.
----------------------------------
Handful of broccoli sprouts, and a half an anti-anxiety pill, with seltzer water, and a 1/3 glass of 13.5% Malbec.

----------------------------------

'hawk and 'squall, we get fish trucks up here; usually an insulated canopy on a pick-up with a freezer/reefer unit running in the cap.

The fishermen process in their local communities some times, then hit the road, and make agreements with shop owners to park and do business. Many times using a larger parking area that belongs to a drive-through coffee hut, or similar; something that doesn't cause a ruckus for competing with the primary business there..

We have commercial elk up here (my former grain-fed beef former raised domesticated elk as well), and he would market meat, or, the big money was in having 'sportsmen' pay him a fee to come onto his farm and 'hunt' his elk.

There's also some wild herds that have been re-introduced in some cases. Raspberry Island, near Afognak Island, by Kodiak Island, in South Central Alaska has a herd of elk that can be hunted by tag or permit.

Good stuff.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I'm outta cookies, and making cannabutter. Dunking reg cookies in the still melted butter, like donuts in coffee.

G

Vegetarian red beans, black beans, and lentils in a chili and curry sauce. One of the few processed foods we're eating now, and... it is pretty tasty.

shithawk420

Veteran
Thanks for that info moose.ive got some research to do.
I'm eating Walmart sushi cause that's the freshest goddamn fish I can get in the middle of a fucking cornfield.at least it curbs my sushi craving just a little.its spicy crab rolls with Pollock not real crab.the Ginger is good though.i love ginger.the wasabi is clearly fake but opens my sinuses

Green Squall

Thanks for that info moose.ive got some research to do.
I'm eating Walmart sushi cause that's the freshest goddamn fish I can get in the middle of a fucking cornfield.at least it curbs my sushi craving just a little.its spicy crab rolls with Pollock not real crab.the Ginger is good though.i love ginger.the wasabi is clearly fake but opens my sinuses

Does your grocery store have a seafood department? The previously frozen stuff is still a good option living away from the ocean. Hell, even I buy it. Sometimes I want fish thats not caught around here like wild salmon, mahi mahi and snapper. I can't imagine life without salmon! Its definitely in my top 3.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Yup
picture.php

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol I had the same Stouffer's pizza bread the other day.

They have unfrozen cod and salmon Squall but it's not worth the price.like $15 for a medium size fillet

Akss

Pretty sure im not supposed to eat 6.5 ounces of macadamia nuts in one sitting but yep i did and washed em down with some vanilla seltzer water..

G

A Tofurkey plant-based Italian Sausage; I think their R &D dept needs to spend more time researching and developing...

But.. It has a whopping 680 mg of potassium.

Lime seltzer water

Coming soon, steamed veggies, maybe a half-glass of wine, and extracting some CBD flowers.