What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Is moose a pretty lean meat? I enjoy eating bison for this reason, plus it has no antibiotics or hormones. 2 months eating plant based and I gave up. I need that extra protein, so I'm going to focus on quality and try to avoid factory farmed meat, which is very difficult in this country. Thankfully fresh fish is always an option here and can be found cheap.

love bison myself. had a butcher cut me a 24 oz ribeye from a bison a couple of years ago, grilled it for my birthday. incredible! want to try moose and elk some day...:good:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
24 oz ribeye.??? Holy shit man, that would feed me for 3 days meals nowadays!

Maybe when i was in my late 20's and burning 3500 calories or more a day, I could have eaten it....

I've stopped at the "Big Texan" restaurant in Amarillo several times, many years ago...

I always just ordered a 12 to 16 oz steak there...

No way would I have ever in my life attempted to eat the 72 oz steak they serve there...

They put the name of everyone who eats it up on the wall...
One of them was a 10 year old boy!

Akss

Venison roast been in the crockpot all day with the potatoes tha carrots and tha onions talk about tender falling apart with the fork...

Green Squall

love bison myself. had a butcher cut me a 24 oz ribeye from a bison a couple of years ago, grilled it for my birthday. incredible! want to try moose and elk some day...:good:

I'd love to try a ribeye. They only sell the medallions which is basically like a top round cut and ground bison. I've been thinking of ordering some online from a ranch out west so I can try the different cuts.

thailer

i made orange cranberry bread with a streusel topping the other day so i sliced it for french bread for breakfast this morning. it was MF bomb. i've done this with angel food cake too.

G

Decarboxylated CBD flowers, sprouted broccoli seeds, smoked salmon and cream cheese spread on a couple flax and brown rice flour crackers, and about 10 oz. of Elysian Dragonstooth Stout @ 8.1% abv (a milk stout), and a small number of pistachio nuts.

G

Mostly organic green salad with yellow and zucchini summer squash, raw broccoli sprouts, baby spinach, romaine lettuce, broccoli flowers, and who-knows-what-else, with a half of a chopped avocado, and home-made ranch dressing, along with a tempura beer-battered Pacific cod loin, and some homemade tartar sauce slathered over it.

7.5 oz. of Elysian Dragonstooth Stout 8.1% abv, milk stout, and a grapefruit seltzer water.

A brisk pat to the top and center of the head of my German Shepherd, and who knows what other magic the night might hold?

shithawk420

Veteran
Nice moose! I love stouts!

So my dad's girlfriend made a I think 1 and quarter pound pork loin in an air fryer rottisserie and I was sceptical but it turned out acceptable.i can see why they are popular.but it won't beat a real stove and I realize that's not what it's trying to do.but overall I give my thumbs up.it was a Philips brand I think.im a believer now!.it was juicy and tender.not bad at all.for some reason,maybe I'm wrong but I just don't feel I have as much control.i think it's in my head. But I think I want an air fryer now. And I was a hard sell.they are decent.i wanna do the (chicken fry) test now.i believe it will be decent but I heard add a little oil for best results.

I admit I'm being picky but I do consider myself a half decent chef. So far I like the airfryers.

Green Squall

Hawk - I used to be a huge fan of Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout, but I haven't had one in a while. All I drink now is Narragansett Lager and Coors Banquet. Concerning the air fryer, I use it almost daily, but haven't tried meat yet. Might start with something simple like wings. the top 3 things I've tried so far are 1. potatoes, 2. mushrooms, 3. tofu.

Moose - I had a craving for smoked fish today, but the market was closed, so I opted for Ruby Bay Salmon from the grocery store. Better than nothing, I guess.

And now I'm roasting purple yams. If they're good, I'm thinking of growing them next season. They're supposed to be more starchy and less sweet than regular sweet potatoes. Don't ask how much I paid for them lol. It was a rip off.

shithawk420

Veteran
I've probably got scerosis so I'm trying not to drink but you can't go wrong with Guinness extra stout.if I see that Samuel Smith I'll check it out.dont think I've had oatmeal stout.how does that taste? I think one of the best I had was Arrogant Bastard's pale ale but is was $8 a bottle.too rich for my blood.

The pork loin came out pretty damn good.she said she paid $400 for the air fryer.no way is that worth it but I might get Emeril's if I ever get a chance to buy one.its $200. But yeah I was impressed.i wanna experiment with it

G

Hawk - I used to be a huge fan of Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout, but I haven't had one in a while. All I drink now is Narragansett Lager and Coors Banquet. Concerning the air fryer, I use it almost daily, but haven't tried meat yet. Might start with something simple like wings. the top 3 things I've tried so far are 1. potatoes, 2. mushrooms, 3. tofu.

Moose - I had a craving for smoked fish today, but the market was closed, so I opted for Ruby Bay Salmon from the grocery store. Better than nothing, I guess.

And now I'm roasting purple yams. If they're good, I'm thinking of growing them next season. They're supposed to be more starchy and less sweet than regular sweet potatoes. Don't ask how much I paid for them lol. It was a rip off.

I don't do smoked fish like I once did, 'squall, and meat proteins are declining in intake in our house, having learned a fair bit over the last 2 months. But like I said in another post, the harm reduction approach, no matter the topic in most cases, gives credit due where incremental improvements are made.
-----------------------------------
'hawk, Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout is a bit thicker, smoother flavor, and about 5% abv., with a more mellow Brit twist to it, as opposed to the slightly thinner Guinness Extra Stout, which tends to run about 5.5% abv, depending on the variety (learned a few years ago that Guinness makes about 3-5 different stouts, some specifically for export, and ranging as high as 7.5% abv).

The nice part about the Guinness Extra Stout, which years ago I regarded as a 'heavy beer,' but don't any more, frankly, is that (if I recall correctly) the standard Guinness Extra Stout has about 15 grams of carbohydrate, so, compared to some of the very heavy (and more potent) stouts and porters I previously drank more regularly, it literally has less than half the carbs of some.

------------------------------------

Just chewed some reasonably horrible-tasting CBD flowers, grinding them into a slurry as I chewed, then rinsed down with some French Roast dark black coffee from a luke-warm travel cup/carafe from this morning, a sip of a half-decent boxed California Malbec @13.5% abv, and a bite of moose meatloaf, made into burgers, with an Oregon sharp cheddar cheese melted over the top. No bun, just the smallest burger, and before that, part of the remainder of the dinner salad from yesterday, topped with broccoli sprouts and the homemade ranch dressing.

*I had bit my tongue earlier this evening, in response to what my body strangely does when it senses distinct nausea; I sneeze.... sometimes prolifically and repeatedly.... fairly hard.

It was after this 'deflection of nausea by sneezing' that I noted my tongue was bleeding, and shortly thereafter I ate the CBD flowers.

Those little horrible-tasting buggers BURN on a wound!! Who knew??!!!

Sometimes it might be good if the rapid learning curve took a day off now and again.

shithawk420

Veteran
I seem to recall that Guinness does have a variety of stouts.i bought a 6 pack of Guinness Black Ale I think it was years ago but haven't seen it since.it was better than Guinness draught but not as good as extra stout.it was good though.ideally I'd like to drink strong 8.1 craft beers but I'm too poor for that. Sam Adams has decent beer for the price too in my opinion.oh! I like Black and Tans too! I think leinenkugal has a decent black and tan for the price too.fuck I don't wanna quit

Forgive me if I misread but are you chewing buds moose? They can have a certain sensation I would say to them.ive been known to chew stems on occasion.id like to try some moose meatloaf as well.you sure have a different variety of foods then most people have.now I think I wanna put a chunk of moose in an air fryer just to see what happens! Lol

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
A good stout is like a good meal in the winter..
or a very good addition to a good meal...

If you enjoy a good stout, you must try this one:

"Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout"

It's brewed by the NorthCoast Brewing Co. in Fort Bragg, CA..

Try it...You can thank me later..