What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

superx

Veteran
Choice of cheese is mozzarella, parmesan, the hard cheeses vary on what local shop has, unfortunately there is no big Buddha cheese in it..

Works a treat with vegie bakes coated with a garlic herb crust.
Munchies are starting to kick in, dam you.... lol

Cuddles

mozzarella and parmesan instead of cheddar, or maybe mixed together.. I might try that sometime. :)

muchies? have a cucumber ;)

superx

Veteran
mozzarella and parmesan instead of cheddar, or maybe mixed together.. I might try that sometime. :)

muchies? have a cucumber ;)

Might as well drink a glass of water.

Chicken and tomato toasties coming up.

Need to stock up on shopping there is a echo coming from the fridge.

Cuddles

Might as well drink a glass of water.

Chicken and tomato toasties coming up.

Need to stock up on shopping there is a echo coming from the fridge.
how about cucumber soup? shopping on a friday or saturday really sucks tho.

Chicken and tomato toasties- never had those. plus I don´t have a toastie maker

superx

Veteran
I will pass on that, any nutrition in a cucumber?
Not sure there is, fibre maybe.

I had them pickled once and they were OK..

I was meant to get some kid goat(seriously tender)last week delivered to my door, they emailed days after telling me they couldn't source it and returned my payment, I was fukin annoyed at them.
On there website there was pics of there land and lots of goats in the background happily grazing away.
There obviously struggling for business during these times of crisis..

I had all the ingredients in to make a goat curry in the slow cooker.

I love goat, and usually travel to the city and get some from the halal store,
Its frozen though which is why I was trying to source a whole fresh one from the above place.
I'm a bit of a caveman as it's all about the meat.

Cuddles

there´s plenty of nutrients in cucumber but it´s low in calorie as well.
I love cucumber and the soup, tastes great!
I don´t think I ever tried goat but I did milk one once hehe
there´s a turkish butcher in my area I go to. It´s the only place where I can get lamb at a reasonable price.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
big BLT w/egg & cheese, mayo on everything, and extra bacon...yeah, i know. "eatin' that shit'll kill ya, man..." fuck it. i don't want my last meal to be something i don't like! so henceforth i resolve to eat something i like with every meal, not just whatever her menu had for the day. i may have to sneak outside to eat it, but hey. a mans gotta do...:D

rod58

and while we're on the subject .. i cleaned out the deep freezer yesterday and lo and behold .. two packets of my homemade bacon lurking down the bottom .. buurrp .oh , and a duck egg !

Green Squall

and while we're on the subject .. i cleaned out the deep freezer yesterday and lo and behold .. two packets of my homemade bacon lurking down the bottom .. buurrp .oh , and a duck egg !

I love finding surprises in the freezer. I just pulled out some cusk that I'll be eating tomorrow. Tastes like cod, but is much meatier.

G

Also had macadamia nuts, along with a couple smaller moose backstrap steaks (same cu as strip loin or New York, but feathered thin in the cut.... 'cuz it's MOOSE, not BEEF.

Chased down with a grapefruit seltzer.

Left-over organic green beans for veggies, and some RO H2O.

rod58

looks like it will be sausages again today !
mutton , herbs and garlic , bloody delicious !
picture.php

Green Squall

Also had macadamia nuts, along with a couple smaller moose backstrap steaks (same cu as strip loin or New York, but feathered thin in the cut.... 'cuz it's MOOSE, not BEEF.

Chased down with a grapefruit seltzer.

Left-over organic green beans for veggies, and some RO H2O.

Is moose a pretty lean meat? I enjoy eating bison for this reason, plus it has no antibiotics or hormones. 2 months eating plant based and I gave up. I need that extra protein, so I'm going to focus on quality and try to avoid factory farmed meat, which is very difficult in this country. Thankfully fresh fish is always an option here and can be found cheap.

G

Is moose a pretty lean meat? I enjoy eating bison for this reason, plus it has no antibiotics or hormones. 2 months eating plant based and I gave up. I need that extra protein, so I'm going to focus on quality and try to avoid factory farmed meat, which is very difficult in this country. Thankfully fresh fish is always an option here and can be found cheap.

Yep, as trout said, moose is mostly very lean.

I can show pics of carcasses we're processing in the field, where the white casing of fat looks pervasive in some, but it is mostly surface fat, not marbled like a well-fed beef, etc.

Once upon a time we believed (erroneously) that moose was lower in cholesterol, and all of the negative things that meat proteins can and do tend to carry, but it was not higher in protein, lower in cholesterol, etc.

It DOES seem to be higher in iron, thus, exposed raw meat tends to oxidize visually faster (the blood oxidizes more notably, likely due to the increased iron.

The plant based diet, in my opinion, brings up thoughts f harm reduction where opiate addiction is concerned, ion contrast to the abstinence or prohibition model; if you were injecting a half-gram of heroin each day up until last month, and now you're down to a quarter-gram each day, then you've made progress.

All or none can cause problems with unreasonable expectations.

At this point, I figure a 65% decrease (or so, maybe more) in meat proteins, to include eggs, cheese, red meat, fish, etc., is a LOT better than we were doing in the past, when a single meat item was at times the entirety of the menu.

The plant-based diet also makes greater use of lentils, whole (dried) beans/legumes, oats, etc., and other conditions dictate that those those food items be eaten in restricted or limited volume.

Unlike bison, for which there are numerous commercial (and organic) farms raising and selling the stuff, selling moose meat up here is illegal as all get-out, and the authorities would likely thump on you pretty hard for any commercial sales of wild game meat.

Yes, adjusting to major changes in metabolism, whether diet, excess sleep, or what ever, can cause a person to lose the sense of balance in their experience of life. Right now I'm not sure what is causing the sense of being of late, but I'm guessing the abrupt changes in diet are among the key variables.

I told a physicians' assistant earlier today, during an appointment on-line, that f someone put another oily, limp, stir-fried cabbage leaf in front of me, covered in raw broccoli sprouts, I was apt to vomit.... Yet, here I am....

.... eating ,y left-over stir-fried veggies and broccoli sprouts from lunch, to be followed by another small handful of macadamia nuts.

I believe I liked food much better when it wasn't a bulleted point on a treatment plan...

Green Squall

Yep, as trout said, moose is mostly very lean.

I can show pics of carcasses we're processing in the field, where the white casing of fat looks pervasive in some, but it is mostly surface fat, not marbled like a well-fed beef, etc.

Once upon a time we believed (erroneously) that moose was lower in cholesterol, and all of the negative things that meat proteins can and do tend to carry, but it was not higher in protein, lower in cholesterol, etc.

It DOES seem to be higher in iron, thus, exposed raw meat tends to oxidize visually faster (the blood oxidizes more notably, likely due to the increased iron.

The plant based diet, in my opinion, brings up thoughts f harm reduction where opiate addiction is concerned, ion contrast to the abstinence or prohibition model; if you were injecting a half-gram of heroin each day up until last month, and now you're down to a quarter-gram each day, then you've made progress.

All or none can cause problems with unreasonable expectations.

At this point, I figure a 65% decrease (or so, maybe more) in meat proteins, to include eggs, cheese, red meat, fish, etc., is a LOT better than we were doing in the past, when a single meat item was at times the entirety of the menu.

The plant-based diet also makes greater use of lentils, whole (dried) beans/legumes, oats, etc., and other conditions dictate that those those food items be eaten in restricted or limited volume.

Unlike bison, for which there are numerous commercial (and organic) farms raising and selling the stuff, selling moose meat up here is illegal as all get-out, and the authorities would likely thump on you pretty hard for any commercial sales of wild game meat.

Yes, adjusting to major changes in metabolism, whether diet, excess sleep, or what ever, can cause a person to lose the sense of balance in their experience of life. Right now I'm not sure what is causing the sense of being of late, but I'm guessing the abrupt changes in diet are among the key variables.

I told a physicians' assistant earlier today, during an appointment on-line, that f someone put another oily, limp, stir-fried cabbage leaf in front of me, covered in raw broccoli sprouts, I was apt to vomit.... Yet, here I am....

.... eating ,y left-over stir-fried veggies and broccoli sprouts from lunch, to be followed by another small handful of macadamia nuts.

I believe I liked food much better when it wasn't a bulleted point on a treatment plan...

Yeah, I'd love to see what a moose being processed looks like. If you think it might be a little too graphic to post, PM it to me. I'm always curious. Biggest thing I've processed is a 30 something inch striped bass.

Your harm reduction analogy makes a lot of sense. The plant based diet is certainly healthy, just too extreme for me and I feel like I need the extra protein, not to mention the feeling of isolation when it comes to food selection. With that said, its always a smart idea to incorporate more legumes, vegetables and starches into ones diet. Right now I have a cup of oatmeal soaking overnight with a tablespoon of lemon. This reduces the phytic acid and improves digestibility. I'm basically trying to eat clean and have little to no processed food.

I'm aware selling wild game is illegal. I saw wild hog on the menu at an Italian restaurant, and although it was indeed a wild hog, it was raised in captivity. I'm not a hunter myself, but I want to buy a scope for my sporterized Lee Enfield #4 Mk1 and try for deer. This rifle actually used to belong to my Grandfathers brother, who lived in Alaska. He always called it the "bear rifle" and always thought he was joking but apparently the .303 British was popular as a surplus round in Canada and Alaska. No one wanted it, so I took possession if it, as its a family heirloom. Problem here is, hunting with rifles is illegal in my State due to population density, so I'd have to travel north.

When people first go on the plant based diet, they have the "honeymoon feeling." Its sooo great, but for the majority, its not sustainable long term, especially if you have health issues. A study I read recently showed 84% of vegetarians and vegans eventually go back to meat. That's a HUGE number. Not sure if you're familiar with Cronometer, but its a free app that is very precise in tracking calories, nutrients, vitamins, etc. Free and very handy.

Concerning cabbage, not a fan unless its made into sauerkraut, but I get what you mean. I'm the guy who wants to march to his own drum and I'll do things on my own accord. Being somewhat of a rebel, I'm very stubborn and don't like people telling me what to do lol. This has been both positive and negative in my life lol.

Good talk Moose, always a pleasure.

G

Yeah, I'd love to see what a moose being processed looks like. If you think it might be a little too graphic to post, PM it to me. I'm always curious. Biggest thing I've processed is a 30 something inch striped bass.

Your harm reduction analogy makes a lot of sense. The plant based diet is certainly healthy, just too extreme for me and I feel like I need the extra protein, not to mention the feeling of isolation when it comes to food selection. With that said, its always a smart idea to incorporate more legumes, vegetables and starches into ones diet. Right now I have a cup of oatmeal soaking overnight with a tablespoon of lemon. This reduces the phytic acid and improves digestibility. I'm basically trying to eat clean and have little to no processed food.

I'm aware selling wild game is illegal. I saw wild hog on the menu at an Italian restaurant, and although it was indeed a wild hog, it was raised in captivity. I'm not a hunter myself, but I want to buy a scope for my sporterized Lee Enfield #4 Mk1 and try for deer. This rifle actually used to belong to my Grandfathers brother, who lived in Alaska. He always called it the "bear rifle" and always thought he was joking but apparently the .303 British was popular as a surplus round in Canada and Alaska. No one wanted it, so I took possession if it, as its a family heirloom. Problem here is, hunting with rifles is illegal in my State due to population density, so I'd have to travel north.

When people first go on the plant based diet, they have the "honeymoon feeling." Its sooo great, but for the majority, its not sustainable long term, especially if you have health issues. A study I read recently showed 84% of vegetarians and vegans eventually go back to meat. That's a HUGE number. Not sure if you're familiar with Cronometer, but its a free app that is very precise in tracking calories, nutrients, vitamins, etc. Free and very handy.

Concerning cabbage, not a fan unless its made into sauerkraut, but I get what you mean. I'm the guy who wants to march to his own drum and I'll do things on my own accord. Being somewhat of a rebel, I'm very stubborn and don't like people telling me what to do lol. This has been both positive and negative in my life lol.

Good talk Moose, always a pleasure.

I can't/don't post directly to the forums, as I don't have a digital camera of any sort for which I'm -confident- the personal identifiers have been removed or blocked.

I previously relied on a family member's digital camera to post plant and bud pics to the forums on occasion, but that person and I have not spoken since last March (+/-).

I'll figure out some manner of getting a pic to you.

Don't know what graphic equates to in your world, squall, but the pic I was specifically thinking about shows a whole, skinned moose carcass, fur on the lower legs just above the hooves, neck and head with some fur and still attached, the carcass laid out, back and side up, showing the outer coating of fat, neck twisted a bit, and a leg being pivoted into the air, so the leg joint at the body can be cut free.

Probably wouldn't make a great photo to use for a center piece during the holiday meal with family, but it's not among Hannibal lector's top 10 shocking murder scenes, either.

Yeah, as for the cabbage, I like the stuff; steamed with corned beef or corned moose for St. patty's, or stir fried, or in chow main, lo main, etc. It's just that much of the plant-based diet is.... well, ... plants. And there's a bit of bland flavor to some of them that, when only having them sparingly is OK. But when the side dish of steamed zucchini or sautéed cabbage becomes THE meal, suddenly the lack of pronounced flavor, coupled with the limp texture and oily surface becomes less truly appealing..

But, I've concluded a while ago; the latter half of life is where we get to suffer or 'pay our dues' for not caring enough the first half of our lives.

superx

Veteran
Hey Rod those sausages look amazing, very similar to what we can get from the local butcher, though lamb not mutton.

Butcher's here tend to use lamb skins for the sausages when making them also a small majority would use artificial skins, the lamb skin tends to give the sausage a slight purple tinge when fresh.

rod58

hey superx , yeah luck had it that some young ewes were being shorn and this one was hamstrung ..so it was free . all i had on hand was collegen casings which are ok but tend to split a lot . this one was quite fatty but hey , a fat sausage is a tasty sausage !
back in the day though , mutton was all we ever got and now it's lamb and more lamb ..
still prefer a big , well grown wether anyday !
merry christmas my friend ..

Latest posts

Latest posts