What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
from my understanding canola oil is poisonous until chemically separated using solvents which the oils retains traces of after the process.

G

from my understanding canola oil is poisonous until chemically separated using solvents which the oils retains traces of after the process.

Never heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe the graph trout found was a gag by someone?

Troutman?? You nearby to answer this??

I've ridden my first Electraglide, hitch-hiked, and driven through rural/remote canola fields in northern Manitoba and Saskatchewan, on my way to and from visiting folks from the Yukon Territory there, many years ago. If I recall correctly, there were fields of beautiful yellow flowers when the canola was in bloom.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Wifey fixing fried shrimp, fries, coleslaw, and baked lil caramel apple pies.
Got a store bought cocktail sauce that I actually really like, it's heavy on the horseradish.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
nothing at the moment, but have St. Louis style ribs coming out of the oven in 45 minutes or so. bought them pre-spiced, & coated them in honey & Baby Rays' sweet vidalia onion flavor BBQ sauce...:yummy:

shithawk420

Veteran
The original sweet baby Ray's is ok.but the honey BBQ I think it is is terrible.stopped me from buying any other of their sauces.is the onion flavor ok? Recently bought this pretty bad uncle Dougie's organic BBQ sauce.it sucks.comes in a bag and has a creepy dude who looks high on it.seems like I can't find a decent BBQ sauce anymore

Green Squall

I was under the impression it was unhealthy too and that coconut oil was best.and that like 90% olive oil isn't "real" olive oil.ill have to find that graph

I've read that the best oils are olive, coconut and avocado, the latter of which I've never tried. Personally, I always have a bottle of California Olive Ranch oil on hand, which is a brand I trust.

G

Page 1 of the 'Plant Based Diet' thread is where trout's graph is; post #3.

Give it a peek; specifically re. various Omega oils in canola.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376935

-------------------------------------

Just had spanakopita, a small cod fillet, and a healthy salad with olive oil & red wine vinegar for dressing, a tap or 2 of granulated California garlic, granulated onion, black pepper, sweet peppers, organic baby spinach, romaine lettuce, mushrooms, and some other tidbits.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'll have to see if I can find that GS.and thanks for linking the graph moose.ill check that out.i remember somewhere I heard most olive oil is garbage cause it's like a mixed blend or something.kinda like mixed scotch I guess would be an ok anology.single malt scotch is real scotch to me

G

I'll have to see if I can find that GS.and thanks for linking the graph moose.ill check that out.i remember somewhere I heard most olive oil is garbage cause it's like a mixed blend or something.kinda like mixed scotch I guess would be an ok anology.single malt scotch is real scotch to me

That's where paying close attention to labels comes in, 'hawk.

Just had some kimchee a bit ago, and later had a dried organic Turkish apricot.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah ya know that graph basically says everything I know about oils is wrong.that very well may be true.but I don't know.ive always known coconut oil to be a super food.from digestive,to skin to just about healthy everything.guess I wouldn't doubt we've been lied to.i just don't know

G

Yeah ya know that graph basically says everything I know about oils is wrong.that very well may be true.but I don't know.ive always known coconut oil to be a super food.from digestive,to skin to just about healthy everything.guess I wouldn't doubt we've been lied to.i just don't know

Yep.

And one graph isn't conclusive, but more reading might prove it one way or another.

And like you, it goes against (not all, but) much of what I thought I knew about fats and oils.

We do a lot of virgin coconut oil here, as well.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Digestive Biscuits - and a dark/dark French roast coffee -

picture.php

armedoldhippy

Veteran
just ate 2 still-hot beef sandwiches off of a pot roast that spent all night in the crockpot with peppers, onions, little red taters etc, with au jus & french onion salad dip mix. lovin' life this morning!:yummy:

troutman

Seed Whore
I got a small bag of nice red potatoes 2 days ago along with some unsalted butter and cooking enough for a snack now. :)

G

Steamed organic broccoli flowers & stalks, organic yellow summer squash, and organic zucchini squash, and homemade split pea soup made with 2-1/4 lbs. dry-weight green split peas, 2 meaty ham bones, about 1 lb. or so of our homegrown Scarlet Nantes carrots, 7 stalks organic celery, lots of garlic, sweet onion, marjoram, black pepper, white pepper, sea salt, chicken base, and a touch of ground thyme.

Green Squall

I got a small bag of nice red potatoes 2 days ago along with some unsalted butter and cooking enough for a snack now. :)

Bags of red potatoes were buy 1 get 1 free the other day. I strutted out of the store like a boss lol. Can't wait to try them in my new air fryer which should be arriving soon. In the mean time, I have a few in the oven. I like to cut them in half, brush with a little olive oil and season with salt and garlic.

Latest posts

Latest posts