What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

I have an "oklahoma fried onion burger" in my tummy.

It's like white castle and steak n' shake had a baby.

The most "classic" tasting burger I have ever made. Tastes amazing, cooked indoors. I add about 1g of butter to the onion, and go for the pickle.

https://youtu.be/8Wm-rPBkW2o

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
roast beef mash taters drenched in gravy with a healthy side of carrots
picture.php

thailer

i made grape jelly a month ago and used it last night to make meatballs with bbq/grape jelly sauce. it was freaking delicious. the grape jelly alone puts the store brands to shame.

X

xavier7995

I've only had it on a gyro from a Greek place

Tbh i think that gyro style is one of my favorite preparations, I like the crispy crust the meat gets. Fancy Greek places are where its at though, they make some pretty amazing lamb.

Edit: made some bulgogi burgers and salmon last night. The burgers are easy, just toss some ground beef with bulgogi marinade from the store. There is a lot of sugar it it that can burn, making them into meatballs and then smashing down into a patty as it cooks seems to work well. Grill is good, but the meat is rather wet so you have to really watch that it holds together.

I make a fancy salmon preparation. Small non stick skillet gets a tablespoon or two of butter melted in it along with a half tablespoon or so Dijon mustard, cut onion into rounds about a quarter to a half inch thick and arrange in pan to make a platform, do not separate rings. Fish sits on that, season with salt and pepper. Toss a clove of garlic or sprig of rosemary in the pan. If you have a lemon, put some zest on top of fish. Put a lid on the pan and put over low heat, not medium low...low. let it cook about 5 minutes until it starts to look close to done and then just watch it without opening until salmon is where you want it. Finish with a squirter of lemon and then plate and sauce with pan sauce.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
all i had one year was a george foreman. i learned to cook everything onit. even made a foil shrowd n converted it to a little oven

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
i have never had an issue with meat drying out on the foreman grill. i throw it on there and set a timer for 4 minutes. when it goes off i flip it and reset the timer. i have never had anything other than expected results steaks included. i hate to heavily promote something i have no financial investment in but i cant say a bad thing about the foreman grill. other than its infomercials...

shithawk420

Veteran
Maybe I just had an old one,or maybe I'm just getting old lol I haven't used one in years.maybe I'll break it out and try it again

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
like i mentioned a timer helps keep things on the up and up. im guessing that if the meat is dry it has been on too long much like any cooking apparatus. dust it off and give it another go.