What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

rod58

the very first of my leeks , the first couple of spuds , a rasher or two of my homemade bacon , simmered for half hour with some vege stock and ,..leek and potato soup . was much good !

Green Squall

honeynut squash. Never heard of it, so I decided to pick up a few and they did not disappoint! Tastes sweet and nutty and apparently bred for its flavor by crossing butternut and buttercup. I'll definitely be having these in my garden next year.

shithawk420

Veteran
Pretty jealous cause the only thing is limited Walmart stuff.it was so bad I just sailed right through and said fuck it.no stores in the boonies have anything worth buying.frozen is the best choice unless you grow your own.at least where I live.it is bad.ive never seen anything like it.totaly depressing I lost my appetite.buaght a couple lean cuisine Wich was actually pretty good.just overpriced and not filling

X

xavier7995

Tomatoes...coming out my ears. They did much better than expected so have had an overabundance and trying to figure out what to do with them. Mostly san marzanos, but various others as well.

I made this fancy roasted tomato confit, goat cheese, basil terrine....the recipe seems to have disappeared but it was from food and wine. Served it with a decent loaf of bread. It was easy and really good, looked fancy as well.

The other thing I made was this really spicy creamy orange colored salsa, I come across it at taco places. I go with less than the recommended arbols, I did toast mine first, but thats hard to say since batches of peppers aren't consistent in spice and people all have different tastes. Tossed some sugar in my full strength batch to bring it down a bit and it was fine.

More or less this recipe but tweaked ratios a bit to taste.
https://cocoaandsalt.com/2018/03/10/the-legendary-orange-sauce/

shithawk420

Veteran
Just got a stove installed.kinda scared to use it.what with the old one almost burning my house down and all.supposed to test it out.might try Pappa Murphy's pizza.heard they are good

X

xavier7995

This is what the terrine looked like. Mine was a bit darker as I roasted my tomatoes for quite a long time.

picture.php

superx

Veteran
Lamb stew, the neck and shank diced up and slow cooked with spuds & veg and barley.
I usually only buy lamb during spring time when it's sweet and tender. Fuck it, that meal was fit for a king.

Forgot to buy bread...

shithawk420

Veteran
That sounds awesome guys.the terrine looks like a tomato steak or something.and I'll bet ox tail would work good instead of lamb super.i do like lamb though

slacker

Klondike reeses mini ice cream bar last night, above poster's sounds good, probably have that next with fried onions and runny yokes. Does off-road arctic explorer snus count?

Latest posts

Latest posts