What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Cuddles

I grated the potatoes myself. I cook everything from scratch.
been meaning to do the same for ages. I want to make some for the freezer to have small snacks ready.
Grating them is a bit of a bummer though 🥴
I don´t know how things are where you live but even potaotes have become a bit ` less affordable´ than they once were.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
We love our Nordsee fast food, it's fresh, not fat and of course we like fish.😋
20230823_124721.jpg

20230823_124910.jpg

20230823_124924.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
Eating a fermented pickle.

Saltwater brine. No vinegar. Crispy and delicious. You can't buy these at the stores. Have to make them yourself which is fortunately extremely easy. Salt, water, and cucumbers is all you need. I added some garlic and fresh dill along with some horseradish leaf for the tannins to help keep them crunchy. This jar went fast. Have another one I just put in the refrigerator and starting another tomorrow.

View attachment 18879235
Wait a minute.thats sounds good it don't have a long shelf life right? No vinegar? Wouldn't that turn to alcohol or am I drunk wishing it would?

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Wait a minute.thats sounds good it don't have a long shelf life right? No vinegar? Wouldn't that turn to alcohol or am I drunk wishing it would?
you ever do a pickleback shot heard bout it at bar one night yrs back. shot of jameson chased by shot of pickle juice sounds weird but i had to try wasnt to bad. gotta like pickle juice tho

xtsho

Alcohol would require sugar but lacto-fermentation uses salt. So no alcohol is produced. Lacto-fermentation is a very old method of food preservation. It's how sauerkraut was originally made. Fermented pickles are not going to last as long as modern pickles with vinegar but will keep for a couple months in the refrigerator. They're real easy to make. Just cover cucumbers with a salt solution. I use a 4% salt solution and let them sit for a week to 10 days before putting them in the refrigerator. The liquid can be consumed as well and is full of probiotics. They're healthy pickles without any chemicals, preservatives, etc...

velorex

1000006046.jpg
1000006049.jpg
reindeer stew with brown cheese and cannahoney. Got some friends coming over later. Gonna get super high.
4 hrs since dinner now. high as a kite. my good friend from the forum veldig steen came over for food, he was flying when he left. and you could not taste the cannabis at all, just tasted like a normal reindeer stew.
1000006057.jpg

Last edited:

Cuddles

I got hold of some korean soup. It didn´t taste spicy when I tasted it cold BUT once I had cooked... phew! :) Had it with some rice and it helped to warm me up a little.
It´s been really cold here and the heating doesn´t work.

I also got some fresh kimchi and I may turn it into a soup too .

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yeah, I really wouldn´t mind . Some nice real warmth and sunshine would be very nice for a little while :)
"for a little while" being the elephant in the room. :toohot: it was in the 80s here before turkey season ended in May, and will likely still be that way for daytime highs on through September (and maybe into October) unless we go into a "nuclear winter" or the volcano in Yellowstone erupts...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
had some huge pork chops tonight, TOO thick in fact. by the time they were white (done) in the middle, they were over-done on the outside. dammit, i KNEW i should have baked them instead. live and learn, no more trying to fry thick chops. the green beans, mashed potatoes and bread were all good though.

Cuddles

had some huge pork chops tonight, TOO thick in fact. by the time they were white (done) in the middle, they were over-done on the outside. dammit, i KNEW i should have baked them instead. live and learn, no more trying to fry thick chops. the green beans, mashed potatoes and bread were all good though.
omg, just how thick were they?
Next time try using a pan with a lid. This way they´ll be done more quickly and more evenly :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts