What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

xtsho

never heard of it but I know bugger all about whiskeys. I do like a nice brandy or cognac these days but never really have any. Maybe for christmas. Cognac is too pricey :(

remy (2).jpg

Cuddles

i think it is considered "bad form" to mix with scotch. a few drops of water is all i've ever seen anyone add. a Jane Russell cocktail? ought to be good, she had some good points to her... edit- just read the recipe myself. i bet it WILL knock you out! o_O
I used to make my own `cocktail ice cream´ . It´s basically tupperware type things and you can put anything into it. I made coke and rum, orange vodka. Pina colada must be nice too... My local supermarket used to carry those ready made pina coladas but they haven´t had them for years :(

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Drink Remy Louis XIII?!

Nobody has a kingdom to trade to find out.

Let me know when that hits the What Are You Drinking thread.

I've always thought that they can't fit more than a couple hundred dollars' worth of booze into a bottle.

I'm making garlic pizza for lunch.

xtsho

interesting salad. What´s the brown stuff, is it meat or mushrooms ?

It's a Vietnamese Beef Bun Bowl. Well my version. The meat is lemongrass beef. I got hooked on Vietnamese food about 25 years ago after trying Pho at a Vietnamese restaurant in Orlando. When I got back to Portland I decided to stop at a Vietnamese restaurant I had been driving past for a year or so. I started eating there several times a week trying just about everything on the menu. I don't eat out at all anymore and prefer to cook my own food. I'm surrounded by Asian supermarkets with one that took over a former Safeway location just two blocks away that has everything.

velorex

will vintage weed and hash recive the same packaging and price? wold snoop puppy pup break out a special brick and say "my grand daddy jarred this one himself". in a hundred years from now? will it still be good, or even better then ever before?

Cuddles

It's a Vietnamese Beef Bun Bowl. Well my version. The meat is lemongrass beef. I got hooked on Vietnamese food about 25 years ago after trying Pho at a Vietnamese restaurant in Orlando. When I got back to Portland I decided to stop at a Vietnamese restaurant I had been driving past for a year or so. I started eating there several times a week trying just about everything on the menu. I don't eat out at all anymore and prefer to cook my own food. I'm surrounded by Asian supermarkets with one that took over a former Safeway location just two blocks away that has everything.
you´re very lucky to have so many asian shops nearby. I have to go all the way into town to get to the 2 asian shops I like - basially I have to take half the day off.
The second shop I discovered about 3 or 4 years ago is much better and they carry foods from several asian countries, including korean and japanese.

xtsho

holy fyling fuck is that your bottle?no fucking way thats like a 1000 bottle or more?Remy Martin,i just polished a bottle off.

It's my bottle. My father had it for years and I ended up with it.
holy fyling fuck is that your bottle?no fucking way thats like a 1000 bottle or more?Remy Martin,i just polished a bottle off.

That one is from the 1950's. I looked it up online and found one that sold for $2800 at auction.

Cuddles

Drink Remy Louis XIII?!

Nobody has a kingdom to trade to find out.

Let me know when that hits the What Are You Drinking thread.

I've always thought that they can't fit more than a couple hundred dollars' worth of booze into a bottle.

I'm making garlic pizza for lunch.but
...but don´t bother going on the pull for a few nights :biglaugh:

I heard that some bottles are so rare, that one tiny drink costs $$$$

xtsho

you´re very lucky to have so many asian shops nearby. I have to go all the way into town to get to the 2 asian shops I like - basially I have to take half the day off.
The second shop I discovered about 3 or 4 years ago is much better and they carry foods from several asian countries, including korean and japanese.

Vietnamese and Korean are probably my top two favorite cuisines. That's after the number one which is good old American Barbecue. Brisket, ribs, chicken, coleslaw, potato salad, apple pie, etc...

chilliwilli

Waterboy
will vintage weed and hash recive the same packaging and price? wold snoop puppy pup break out a special brick and say "my grand daddy jarred this one himself". in a hundred years from now? will it still be good, or even better then ever before?
Would dev work with hash. Hopefully the future holds also something like vintage rosin stored in liquid nitrogen

Cuddles

i think it is considered "bad form" to mix with scotch. a few drops of water is all i've ever seen anyone add. a Jane Russell cocktail? ought to be good, she had some good points to her... edit- just read the recipe myself. i bet it WILL knock you out! o_O
people mix it with ice, right? that always makes me wonder.
But I have been served wine with ice which is much worse imo . I have also been served cold brandy or cognac in the past, yikes

Cuddles

that's such a big damn "NO!" that capital letters are not enough! what swine did that? was this in a restaurant? they need to be horsewhipped, rolled in rock salt, and burned at the stake...or at least lightly seared on both sides. :devilish:
no, it wasn´t at a restaurant, it was at some mostly outdoor summer event and it was hot. They hadn´t chilled the wine properly beforehand.
Man, why do people never think of these things beforehand? warm white wine is even worse, YUCK

The cognac thing was at a restaurant tho, and it wasn´t a cheap place to eat!