What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Again our favorite restaurant for lunch

20230727_123004.jpg

Cuddles

A large salad followed by several cups of hot tea .
May get to the nice watermelon, if I am lucky.
nice and healthy! :)

I only had an apple and I actually bbought some turkey sausages and had two with a little spicey mustard. Not even a salad! (shock!!!)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
no, it sure as hell doesn't. the real thing rules, but "accept no substitutes" is not a hard and fast law...for me, anyway. "you can't always have what you want." i prefer ribeyes, but eat hamburgers regularly...

Reactions: Gry

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It's what I'm not eating that keeps my weight balanced - so 5 days a week - I don't eat till the afternoon - and stop eating at 8pm - so 2pm - 8pm is my 'Chow-Down Window' - they call it intermittently fasting - just coffee and water to stay focused and hydrated between those times -

sublingual

It's what I'm not eating that keeps my weight balanced - so 5 days a week - I don't eat till the afternoon - and stop eating at 8pm - so 2pm - 8pm is my 'Chow-Down Window' - they call it intermittently fasting - just coffee and water to stay focused and hydrated between those times -
The intermittent fasting certainly seems beneficial, but total nutrient loading (all those things we need food-wise) first needs to happen before fasting.
Also, Gypsy, I hope you mean different than your writing. You speak of "weight balance." This term needs parsing, and, I suggest, for purposes of clarity, to think differently about these health strategies.
The scale is not the measure, the tape is. Do you still fit in your clothes is the question to ask; in other words, more the body index.
Muscles weigh more than fat, and, therefore, the scale is irrelevant.
Meal content overall seems crucial for flourishing. I added much more veggie content (and fruit) to my diet a long time ago and saw (felt) the improvement. Legumes and seeds pack a punch that, in my opinion, sustains a person better than animal fats and proteins. It's easier to digest and not heavy. Humans were designed for plant products, whole, fresh off the bush.
The hidden things in food sometimes are the most crucial: salt, fats, and protein. Salt dissolves and too much is dangerous as is too little. Salt and fat needs to be consumed every day or the body will rebel against your wishes. The vitamins A, D, E and others are fat carried and the body can't do without them. Salt is necessary for all body functions and is part of the electro-chemical solution of life.
Pre-processed foods have these components but, and a very big "but," are they the best for thriving? Bacon has fat and salt, but I wonder, will it fuel me in adequate fashion or sedate me? I take the doctors, at least in most health areas, are wiser than me, therefore I going to listen to them. I eat salty nuts instead of other options and it seems to work great.

Last edited:

Cuddles

Well, I reckon that the concept of intermittent fasting helps those who tend to eat at all times of the day. This includes (unhealthy) snacking. I believe that the main purpose of this concept is to more or less restrict the amount of calories..

I have never botheres counting calories. And I mean NEVER!
If your eat healthy , there is simply no need to, right ? ;)

ps. I´ve been on the wine wine tonight, so please forgive any more fuck-ups than the usual, lol

🥴:biggrin:

Cuddles

hey, what about the other 2 days of the week though ? ;) is it just baked beans on toast or pot noodles or all fruit.. or wot.? ) ... or even fasting? Please tell us :p

sublingual

Breakfast tea. Here is the start where I put in items that take longest to extract their essence, cloves, cardamom, fenugreek, and bay. Salt and pepper is next. I believe the salt helps with extraction and neutralizes some of the bitterness.
IMG_2137.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts