What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Baked and Go Fishing

Green Squall

^^^ Nice fish. Use a net next time to save your rod. ;)

Thanks. I had fun reeling it in and there were some tourists who got a kick out of watching lol.

Problem with fishing on the rocks is that a net is way to awkward to handle with a fish like this. My fault though, the rod was way too light for the job. I got another one and am going to switch out the reels.

Etley

Blue Catfish 64lbs

Attachments

• photo2066139.jpg
    photo2066139.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 93

Green Squall

Didn't catch anything, but the view never gets old...I love the ocean...Summer is winding down here, so I'm trying to get out fishing whenever I can. My eye is always on the tides!

thatch.jpg

el mani

Veteran
:wave: . hello everyone, I just discovered the thread ....
Here you have another passionate about fishing. Fresh or salt water, fly fishing or lure but always accompanied by a good sativa.... some pics.

fetch?photoid=17948204.jpg

fetch?photoid=17948205.jpg

Good fish

Attachments

• fetch?photoid=17948205.jpg
    fetch?photoid=17948205.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 86

dannykarey

Snapchat-388553953.jpg
I wanted to go fishing today but the conditions sucked. Maybe in a couple of days it'll be better.

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Here you have another passionate about fishing. Fresh or salt water, fly fishing or lure but always accompanied by a good sativa.... some pics.

Good fish

El mani, welcome LOL...that second pic, is that a barbel, or a yellowfish?

el mani

Veteran
It is a barbel, very brave and fighters.

I forgot, I am from Spain, any fish is the object of my attention, but my favorites in fresh water are trout, bass, pike, carp and barbel. In the sea we have tunas (and their brothers), groupers, palometon, seabass, bluefish, jacks, dentex ... Oomai

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah man...you guys got proper tuna's....We got a species very close to dentex but it eats shellfish and is found right in the foam till a 20m depth and gets to over 20kg, white musselcracker, one of my favorites to target...We got species in freshwater very close to barbel called yellowfish and barbel here is a catfish much smaller than wels but still gets to 80lbs and above..Yeah and one thing that is missing up north is my favorite, the yellowtail (kingfish), though you guys have amberjacks ey? We have down south an incredibly diverse fishery, but our forefathers fucked it up and stocks still largely have not recovered or are still hammered...but yeah hook a 15kg musselcracker or a 15kg yellowtail and life seems peachy again..land one, even peachier...Tuna, we get the large adults of the eastern africa yellowfin stock, up to 110kg or so, and also the atlantic stock of bigeye, and small bonito tunas and for the last 3 years we are catching SBF in our waters again for the first time in 50 years! Also bluefish we got lots here, called something else but same same, piranhas of the sea, and a deadly livebait for leervis and tuna and jacks! I'm also fish crazy here, I would have been a fish farmer if I didnt end up being a ganja farmer or shroom farmer LOL...though the last year had to sacrifice lots of fishing time to grow dope..

armedoldhippy

Veteran

Good fish

the bottom picture, the barbel...it's mouth & profile look very much like a saltwater bonefish, a serious fighter. do the barbels readily take flies? sounds like fun! also, a GORGEOUS rainbow!

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Different fish to the barbel above but similar fish, our version in Southern Africa...Largemouth Yellowfish..takes flies readily, eats crabs and fish and insects...gets to 50lb's LOL...30lbs and above is very big! Like a bonefish on steroids...eats crabs, you could even use the same flies LOL.

https://themissionflymag.com/tag/largemouth-yellowfish/

Check the link above (and below) for some epic videos

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=richtersveld+fishing

Speaking of bonefish on steroids, you ever hear about the milkfish?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkfish

That's on my bucket list on fly!!! Like a bonefish, just faster and way bigger, gets to almost 2m long!

el mani

Veteran
the bottom picture, the barbel...it's mouth & profile look very much like a saltwater bonefish, a serious fighter. do the barbels readily take flies? sounds like fun! also, a GORGEOUS rainbow!

Well, they do enter well for flies, barbels are omivores and depending on the time of year they enter well into imitations both sunken, nymphs, chironomids, crabs and shrimp ... As dry, grasshoppers and especially beetles and winged ant. If they must look like macabies when it comes to fighting, when they take the fly it is difficult to stop them and if they go over a kilo they usually break the bass in the vegetation in the first race. Sometimes the bigger barbels have lured me. I am lucky to have a good population less than a km from the front door, if anyone passes by here and wants to share some baked barbels, let me know

fetch?photoid=17959350.jpg

Spinning tuna

fetch?photoid=17959351.jpg
salu2

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Nice size for the spinning gear! Yeah the yellows also not bright fins when younger and sickles not properly develop till 80kg and up, at least our ones...but that body shape more torpedo, thought it was bluefin :biglaugh: Where you get it, the med or states? Or a SBT? I love tuna...my backs fucked but it loves it when I am catching tunas!!

el mani

Veteran
With the right equipment they are a lot of fun, the first ten minutes, then they are a real torture. Spinning up to a hundred kilos (about 200 lbs), you can try.
This came out a few miles from the Valencian coast, here we sport fishermen cannot sacrifice them, they have to be returned, the professionals have a quota and the fishery is quite protected. There is a good population and some very large specimens are taken. They are fantastic fish, but personally I like to vary, once a year and if I'm lucky I'm broken for a week ... hehe
Since I caught the first fish I knew it was my hobby, just as when I tried the first joint I knew it was my drug. Luckily I have the sea and the mountains close by, more types of fish than days of fishing ... until I retire, at least.

Salu2

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah man Salut! The sea keeps me sane! Tuna or tadpole...makes no difference to me..So long that I'm next to the water or on it, I feel like I'm at home...

Latest posts

Latest posts