What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Baked and Go Fishing

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Really wish I had a lot of pics I took on older phones. I was and still am horrible uploading pics to pc. Typically drop phone in the drink before remembering to upload. Love catching tank bass. When younger I would fish golf course lakes for bass... the fertilizers used to make the grass grow green also seem to make the fish grow... NO absolutely will NOT eat anything from those lakes, but the size of the fish made the trespassing charges well worth it lol

When i was a kid me & my brother would fish in some of those golfs cours lakes & yea some big bass in those lakes [yea probley because of the fert they fed the grass]

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

no salt water fishing but i cought a few freah water cats.
damn ide love to go fishing in FL havent been there in quite a few years.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
the top one is a white catfish i think , or a yellow bullhead & the others r some kind of bullhead [ black, blue , brown, yelllow] .
there also some big flat head catfish in that lake i cought those fish in. west point lake.

Nice cat man. The biggest channel I've caught so far was 36 inches but I usually don't fish for cats. In one the rivers in my state there have been flatheads caught that are close to 100 lbs. I guess you hook a bluegill and put it on trotline with a milk jug as a float. Those hillbillys sure do love their catfish lol.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I use to fly up to visit my buddies in northern New Jersey 3 or 4 times a year...

I'd fly into Laguardia or Kennedy..
Half of the times that my buddy picked me up, the big rods and reels would be up there between the rear dash and the front dashboard...

I knew when i saw 'em we were headed out to Montauk, Long Island for a tuna boat trip....
We'd sleep a few hours and get on the boat about 2 am. for the trip out to the tuna waters....

We'd usually catch a couple Yellowfins like this one I caught one night...They put up a helluva fight...

We always caught a good buzz on the ride out, most of the other fishermen did too! Good times....:woohoo:

Attachments

• 1993 montauk tuna.jpg
    1993 montauk tuna.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 42

belleswell

These glow fish (coho and brown trout) were caught anchored in the
discharge waters of Cooks nuclear power plant on the southern shore of Lake Michigan. Based on the slits of my eyes, whatever I was smoking that day was at least an 8/10. Early 80s pic.
5rXhHvrh.jpg

Rainbows from Lake Michigan
iPYfVjuh.jpg

Dog Star

Veteran
Ohh i like fishing... thanx for reminding me... for few days its open season on Pikes..

cant wait to go a bit in nature.. fishing,nature and weed are best medicine for mine soul..

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
There's an area I like to go to with great primitive campgrounds and is just loaded with abandoned strip mine ponds holding tons of large mouths, hiding and lurking amongst the flooded timber and grass beds. Texas rigs, jigs, and top-water frogs make them smash through the surface and go ape shit. Good times, especially at night like when that coyote incident happened.

:shark:

Hoping to stop back soon before winter hits. Fall is always great for bass fishing.

Attachments

• 20190803_141437.jpg
    20190803_141437.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20190803_083020.jpg
    20190803_083020.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20190804_141205.jpg
    20190804_141205.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 20190804_150302.jpg
    20190804_150302.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 47
  • 20190804_160010.jpg
    20190804_160010.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 50

Green Squall

The stripers were very active today, but didn't catch any keepers (28 inches.) Biggest one was 24 inches. And I have no idea what the mystery fish on the bottom.

picture.php

Green Squall

Looks like a cunner or as we call em around here choggie

Interesting. I didn't know they got that big. The little ones are always hanging around the rocks, nipping at my bait. I assume they are not good eating? I think I remember them being full of bones.

Akss

Interesting. I didn't know they got that big. The little ones are always hanging around the rocks, nipping at my bait. I assume they are not good eating? I think I remember them being full of bones.

I think the bigger ones are typically more offshore. Ive only seen smaller ones in close also. But ive caught some bigger ones while tautog fishing from the boat. I hear they can be good eating sweet meat if you can get the bigger ones that are worth filleting. There is a live market for em.