What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Metal detectors.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Any one here metal detect?
I ended up with a metal detector as payment for a debt a few days ago. I'm not familiar with them at all other than playing around with one years ago.
I got a good deal in the trade. The detector I ended up with is a Garrett AT Pro. Looking online Im seeing them for sale for around six hundred bucks and they are supposed to be a pretty good model. This one is basically new, only two months since bought, in the box with warranty card, sales slip etc. Also got both regular land and waterproof underwater headphones along with a pin pointer too.
Im going to take it out this week and hit some old home sites in the woods and maybe a little bit on the beach. Seems there is quite a learning curve to these things.

corky1968

Veteran
I know one guy who used to sometimes score large on beaches right after the long weekends and holidays.

Especially those beaches where people get totally drunk and stuff.

But you have to be there bright and early before the seagulls.

Practice on coins and necklaces and then go prospecting.

Good Luck

Capt.Ahab

Veteran
Been here 30 years and Ive never seen anyone using a metal detector around here. Im sure Ill be the first at most places, particularly the old home sites in the woods. Probably all full of junk. LOL.

Capt.Ahab

Veteran
Oh . Huh. Search and ye shall find. LOL. Thanks.
Moving to that thread.

MODS can close or delete if they want.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I posted a bit on it a little ways back and searched it out in my post thread history.
Happy Hunting

St. Phatty

>> Seems there is quite a learning curve to these things.

Yes, definitely !

I know 2 professional gold miners, and follow another (Jim Sinclair) who has paired with a guy named Bill Holter to report economic news.

One of the pro's I know is a Vietnam Vet who is about 6' 6", 70+ years old ... with a 30-something wife. ex-Special Forces, he has one advantage when he finds a streak (of Gold) in the river - as long as he works that spot, which might be 3 feet wide and 20 feet long, no one tries to poach his location.

He has averaged 1/4 ounce to 1 ounce+ per day for many years.

How does he find the streak of Gold in the river ?

He knows how to use a metal detector, and he has a good one.

Good luck whatever area you're looking !

slacker

I bought one 25 years ago and was cleaning it up today to sell and honestly am more intrigued than ever about it, been looking at topo maps, dreamng and drooling over the endless possibilities for adventure. i really hope nobody buys it.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Using my Whites Goldmaster 4b. Just 2 weeks ago..off the 76 fwy San diego...

This is from 2- 3/4 3 gall buckets

picture.php

St. Phatty

i've been thinking of hiring someone with a good detector to walk a steep part of my property, possibly holding onto the ropes I put in place for them.

Metal detecting on a 45 degree incline ... for $25 an hour ?

Not sure how to divide up the spoils if we find something major.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
61\2 ton..3 grams..76 pala...

Work..it..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Custom miller table design...ala Medfinder...

[YOUTUBEIF]https://youtu.be/pmE_l_dN9UM[/YOUTUBEIF]

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I bought an entry level a couple years ago just to get some exercise. If you got directions with it you can set it up a bunch of different ways depending on what metal you are looking for. So far I have found a few old coins in the park and a bunch of aluminum beer tabs. Good luck with it as it is fun and I keep thinking I will find buried treasure one day.

B

Benny106

Im gonna get one incase i forget where exactly i burried my ammo cans.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
went out to victorville lucerne valley...

2 white rocks make an right..goes 7 miles back to the mountains

over 7 mine shafts.

had a kneene 140 drywasher gas powered 4 cycle

minelab 800 got samples

picture.php

picture.php

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Had enough of all the politics..

Going out to the East Fork San Gabriel River...to find Gold...

[YOUTUBEIF]3lmPSr4sUFk[/YOUTUBEIF]

Medfinder

Chemon 91
went out to Lytle creek...san berdo county thurs 10-29-2020

using minelab 800 whites goldmaster 4b and another pulse detector.

elevation 5400 feet collecting samples some had to be chiseled from solid quartz veins..

going to rock crush and use an miller table to see if any gold is in the HOT ROCKS
:hotbounce

Latest posts

Latest posts