What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bootleg vs. Dixie Fire - the Wrong Kind of Race ?

St. Phatty

The Bootleg got an earlier start, burned its way past 400K acres, and is expected to burn until the rains put it out.

The Dixie Fire has past 100K acres ... and is expected to burn until the rains put it out.
https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents

Bootleg in South Central Oregon. Dixie is NorthEast of Paradise, the town that burned a few years ago.

I think the Bootleg will pass 1 Million Acres in size. The Dixie, there might be some fire-breaks which bound/constrain the fire, I haven't looked at the maps enough to say.

The Wrong Kind of Race.

I'm lucky ... no wildfire smoke right now.:tumbleweed:

Amynamous

The Bootleg got an earlier start, burned its way past 400K acres, and is expected to burn until the rains put it out.

The Dixie Fire has past 100K acres ... and is expected to burn until the rains put it out.
https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents

Bootleg in South Central Oregon. Dixie is NorthEast of Paradise, the town that burned a few years ago.

I think the Bootleg will pass 1 Million Acres in size. The Dixie, there might be some fire-breaks which bound/constrain the fire, I haven't looked at the maps enough to say.

The Wrong Kind of Race.

I'm lucky ... no wildfire smoke right now.:tumbleweed:

The skies have been hazy in New Mexico.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
The smoke from those fires has reached the Southern Appalachian Smoky Mountains in the East. Air quality is 76, nearby mountain ranges 1 - 3 miles are covered in dense mist, and the air smells of burnt pine.:eek::

St. Phatty

After enough wildfires, it's gonna happen ... a Cannabis farm & Barn (with primo product) will burn.

Then the smoke we may not want to avoid.

A reason to switch Greenhouses to Glass.

Who wants Poly film with their Cannabis ?

... or do they use a different kind of film ? The sun is hard on polyethylene film.

The Dixie fire grew about 39% since yesterday. 140,000+ acres.

On Saturday it is up to 180,000+ acres.

shithawk420

Veteran
Sorry,at first I thought you were talking about liquor.thats a lot of acres and I don't think it's an accident.either way I feel bad for you guys