Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    local lake has to drop 4 more feet to return upper stretch to its natural river state. couple of sets of rapids & a low-head dam that concentrate fish. "fish" being striped bass, hybrids, largemouth, smallmouth, white and spotted bass, white & black crappie, huge bluegill (stripers cull them, lol), shellcrackers, and HUGE flathead, blue & channel cats. i've got my chest waders, wading shoes & flyrods ready to go! tossing big (4' and longer) streamer flies can be dangerous to your sanity. one of these days i'll buy a fly reel with a drag, lol!

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Great outdoors View Post

He is pretty blase with the trout but when you are landing a big salmon he is quite interested and in there, lol.
    if, like i've heard, a dog can smell fear, imagine the adrenaline rush he gets when you get a big fish in close, lol...

Leave a comment:

• Great outdoors
    replied
    Originally posted by armedoldhippy View Post

it is beautiful indeed! that dog...is it one of those rare trout retrievers i've heard about? :^)
    He is pretty blase with the trout but when you are landing a big salmon he is quite interested and in there, lol.

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    [QUOTE=Great outdoors -Beautiful BC river fishing
    [/QUOTE]

it is beautiful indeed! that dog...is it one of those rare trout retrievers i've heard about? :^)

Leave a comment:

• Great outdoors
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210811_204254105.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	17926172 Beautiful BC river fishing

Leave a comment:

• JustSumTomatoes
    replied
    lol

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bud Green Sr. View Post
    I heard that he likes to take a nice doobie with him when he goes fly fishing..

he caught that vermillion-striped codsucker on a FLY ROD? that is amazing...

Leave a comment:

• Bud Green
    replied
    I heard that he likes to take a nice doobie with him when he goes fly fishing..

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JustSumTomatoes
    replied
    99% of what I catch goes right back into the water but I have no problem with a fish fry as long as it's sustainable.

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    Originally posted by HuffnPufferfish View Post
    what you eat, cant breed.
    what i fried
    has already died...

Leave a comment:

• HuffnPufferfish
    replied
    what you eat, cant breed.

Leave a comment:

• JustSumTomatoes
    replied
    I love fly fishing! I fish mostly for bass but when the chromes come in I can't resist!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JustSumTomatoes; 01-13-2018, 04:35.

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    been seeing some threadfin shad in the river while walleye fishing lately. that means it is time to get out the ol' flyrod & streamer box & get after the big smallmouth & hybrids again! i LOVE it!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Capt.Ahab View Post
    I recently won a nice 9/10 weight Van Staal CVEX reel at a Ducks Unlimited dinner.
    Ive done plenty of fresh water fly fishing in my day but Im at a loss as to what to put on it to fish for Stipers in the surf here. Also have to find a reasonably priced rod .
    Any recommendations?
    I would look into a TFO Deer Creek or Redington Dually two-handed spey rod. Both priced reasonably. TFO has the best warranty. The length will get you over the surf and an overhand two-hand cast can wing them out there.

Leave a comment:

• Tynehead Tom
    replied
    I live not far from the fishin highway in the cariboo chilcotin region of BC. high country lakes full of rainbows to huge proportions. I see am awful lot of USA licence plates around these parts. From ice off to ice on , this place is paradise for the Stillwater fly fisherman. There are more lakes within a 100 mile radius here than I can fish in a lifetime. One of my favorite things to do is slip into the water in my 20 year old browning float tube and neoprene waders and cast a fly on a high country lake. My specialty is deep water chironimid fishing with full sink line.hhhhhmmmmm but my next favorite is surely the late season caddis hatches. Big inch long cinamons and those 1/2 inch fat olives. So many sizes and varieties to match. Then there's those darker days of late autumn, so cold the ice is starting form up around the lake shore. All the while, the dragonfly nymphs of various types are migrating to find burrows in the mud and decaying vegetation, or moving to much deeper water depending on their life cycles.
    The big trout smash those nymphs with such ferocity as they are had retrieved on a 15 ft sink tip , type 5..... though I should using a 6 hehehe .
    ahhhhh flyfishing. Haven't done any in a while, been too busy chasing my favorite local table fish, kokanee (landlocked sockeye salmon). They take a full sink line, trolled blood worm , san juan worm or just a small shred of red dazzle dubbing over fine leaded hook wrapped over with red thread, raking the dub into a little mini leach. I like to troll those with the electric at about a foot or less per second.

ya, no one can tell I like flyfishing hahaha

Leave a comment:

Working...
X